The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    brainofPJ wrote:
    there was a Dissident riff somewhere in the unplugged show, or a riff that would soon be Dissident...

anybody know where exactly during the show this was?

I never knew of this. Let's hope for their sake it's included in the official release ;)
  • Boy, am I tired! Rough day. I'm missing Vincent the one-eared cat and Bogie the bumpkin dalmation, who've been with me for the past year; they went to "Disneyland" yesterday evening. :-( My pup is curled up and snoozing already, so I'm going to try to get to bed before 3:00 a.m. for a change.

I was sitting here thinking, "I really wish I could watch Unplugged to get my mind off things." Escape may not be the safest path, but escapism has it's place! I guess I'll just raise a toast to the dearly departed and see if I can fall asleep anyway.

Sweet dreams, and hug your pets if you got 'em (unless they're fish or otherwise squishable)!
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • im down for it!
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Sweet dreams to you too Headlong! I'll go hug my iguana. I bet he'd like Unplugged too!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Lizardjam wrote:
    Sweet dreams to you too Headlong! I'll go hug my iguana. I bet he'd like Unplugged too!

Thanks, Lizardjam. I was consoling myself watching a little of the Reading show. I think I need to see if anyone has posted about the guy who jumped onto the stage during Severed Hand! I've watched this show several times, now, and that's the first time I've seen it. Either I just hadn't noticed it before, or my local microbrewery added something to their special dark! (I meant it when I said I would raise a toast to the dearly departed!).

Maybe your iguana would like to sign the petition...?
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • [size=+2]BIG[/size]

[size=+4]UNPLUGGED[/size]

[size=+2]BUMP[/size]

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • im down for it!

Thanks! :D I'm down for it too.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    hello unplugged peeps!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • I want it, and i wantr it bad.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• I want it, and i wantr it bad.

Yes. It's wanted very badly by me too! I fucking love this show and can't wait for its release!!!! Thank you :)
    "a little love song i wrote about my surfboard..."

not much love coming in today...

let's go!!!

hold on
    to the thread...

• brainofPJ wrote:
    hold on
    to the thread...

The currents will shift...
    glide me toooowards youu...

where you been?

• brainofPJ wrote:
    glide me toooowards youu...

where you been?

It's Friday! With no Unplugged to enjoy I can't be bothered to stay in the house ;) Just kidding. School is back :mad::( and I have homework this weekend and work tomorrow/Sunday :mad::(
  • are PJ actually gonna release the unplugged album? Coz i've been listening to a shitty boot for years, and the sound quality isn't the best but still think it's a brilliant album.
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • are PJ actually gonna release the unplugged album? Coz i've been listening to a shitty boot for years, and the sound quality isn't the best but still think it's a brilliant album.

If people sign it will be released :)
    It will just take some time. Have faith in the thread and it will be done. You know about the online petition? Supposedly 10,000 (around 4600 now) signatures will get the petition to MTV and a good chance of a release. I doubt PJ has any say in it. Then again their is that whole Nirvana Unplugged issue with Whortney.... Who knows? Signing and hoping is the best we can do for now :) And talk about a really awesome show.

You in?
    danny72688 wrote:
    It will just take some time. Have faith in the thread and it will be done. You know about the online petition? Supposedly 10,000 (around 4600 now) signatures will get the petition to MTV and a good chance of a release. I doubt PJ has any say in it. Then again their is that whole Nirvana Unplugged issue with Whortney.... Who knows? Signing and hoping is the best we can do for now :) And talk about a really awesome show.

You in?

true that!!!

• danny72688 wrote:

You in?
    Well, I certainly am!

The signature count on the petition is growing steadily, and we're nearly halfway there! The sooner we reach 10K sigs, the sooner we have the possibility of an official release of [size=+1]Unplugged[/size]! :D

So please take a moment to sign the petition. It won't take you long, and it doesn't hurt a bit! ;) Too worn out after a long work week to go to the link in danny's sig or in the first post? No problem! it's right [size=+1]here[/size]!

Thanks for stopping by!
    ~

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • The signature count on the petition is growing steadily, and we're nearly halfway there! The sooner we reach 10K sigs, the sooner we have the possibility of an official release of [size=+1]Unplugged[/size]! :D

So please take a moment to sign the petition. It won't take you long, and it doesn't hurt a bit! ;) Too worn out after a long work week to go to the link in danny's sig or in the first post? No problem! it's right [size=+1]here[/size]!

Thanks for stopping by!

Seriously, it'll just take a moment. ~ ;)
    ~

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Seriously, it'll just take a moment. ~ ;)
    ~

Okay I'm sorry, I've really been slacking today. Doing too much at once. Three hours in the chamber of fire should be enough time for me to think about what I did.
    soi'll be on here all night, i hope some of you are so we can talk. life man, what a bithc it can be. i've been overcome with a deep sense of loneliness and depression and guilt all since last night. it wasn't too bad until i started drinking about twentty minutes. i was gong to devote a thread for me, but then i thought noone would wasnt to hear...you guys and girls in here are pretty damn nice so far though

"this is, uhh, this is state of love ang trust...busted down the pretests..."

state of love and trust as i busted down the pretext
    sin still plays and preaches but to have an empty court, uh huh
    and the signs are passing...grip the wheel can't read it
    sacrifice receiving the smell that's on my hands...hands, yeah
    and i listen for the voice inside my head, nothing, i'll do this one myself
    lay her down as priest does...should the lord be a-counting?
    will be in my honor, make it pain, painfully clear, uh huh
    promises are whispered in the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened like i want to be told the end...end, yeah
    and the barrel shakes aimed a-directly at my head
    oh help me, help me from myself
    and i listen from both sides of a friend, nothing, i'll do this one myself
    myself, myself...
    yeah yeah
    hey, na na na na hey that's something
    want it back, back to the left, yeah huh uh
    and i listen oh for the voice inside my head, nothing, i'll do this one myself
    oh, ah and the barrel waits, trigger shakes, aimed right at my head
    won't you help me? help me from myself, oh...
    hmm, state of love and trust and a...
    state of love and trust and a...
    state of love and...yeah...woh woh woh

• Hey man, what's up? Chronic insomniac here, so PM me if you need, or just post.

(Wish I had preambles and improvs totally memorized!)

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    soi'll be on here all night, i hope some of you are so we can talk. life man, what a bithc it can be. i've been overcome with a deep sense of loneliness and depression and guilt all since last night. it wasn't too bad until i started drinking about twentty minutes. i was gong to devote a thread for me, but then i thought noone would wasnt to hear...you guys and girls in here are pretty damn nice so far though

"this is, uhh, this is state of love ang trust...busted down the pretests..."

state of love and trust as i busted down the pretext
    sin still plays and preaches but to have an empty court, uh huh
    and the signs are passing...grip the wheel can't read it
    sacrifice receiving the smell that's on my hands...hands, yeah
    and i listen for the voice inside my head, nothing, i'll do this one myself
    lay her down as priest does...should the lord be a-counting?
    will be in my honor, make it pain, painfully clear, uh huh
    promises are whispered in the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened like i want to be told the end...end, yeah
    and the barrel shakes aimed a-directly at my head
    oh help me, help me from myself
    and i listen from both sides of a friend, nothing, i'll do this one myself
    myself, myself...
    yeah yeah
    want it back, back to the left, yeah huh uh
    and i listen oh for the voice inside my head, nothing, i'll do this one myself
    oh, ah and the barrel waits, trigger shakes, aimed right at my head
    won't you help me? help me from myself, oh...
    hmm, state of love and trust and a...
    state of love and...yeah...woh woh woh

They should've played Breath ;)
  • Hey man, what's up? Chronic insomniac here, so PM me if you need, or just post.

(Wish I had preambles and improvs totally memorized!)

Angst is always a great song-starter! ;) Good song material, for that matter, because we can all relate!

You guys will have to pick up any slack next week; I'm heading out on Tuesday.

YDWWMPJC?!!
    Hey man, what's up? Chronic insomniac here, so PM me if you need, or just post.

well i knoew its not jsut the drink talking, i have been told and experiencd that when you drink you say a lot of true things and stuff on your mind. my wife flew back home last night to see her sick father and when she rode off on the bus to the airport i almst lost it. since we been married never been away from her for more that half a day. also pissed cuz i couldnt go back and sipport her and family plus my grandpa is sick. but then, nobodys to blame but me, i pushed foe her to take the jobhere but that was before we knew that they were both going to be in the current condition. im thinking that come march a full year here, we should make decison to move back home despite that will put us in debt more than we are. family is more important than money. im sorry danny for not keeping this for purpose intendedfor.

"we, we belong together, together"

unplugged is the first time i heard that

• brainofPJ wrote:
    im sorry danny for not keeping this for purpose intendedfor.

No worries :) Unplugged can go aside if you need to talk.
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    well i knoew its not jsut the drink talking, i have been told and experiencd that when you drink you say a lot of true things and stuff on your mind. my wife flew back home last night to see her sick father and when she rode off on the bus to the airport i almst lost it. since we been married never been away from her for more that half a day. also pissed cuz i couldnt go back and sipport her and family plus my grandpa is sick. but then, nobodys to blame but me, i pushed foe her to take the jobhere but that was before we knew that they were both going to be in the current condition. im thinking that come march a full year here, we should make decison to move back home despite that will put us in debt more than we are. family is more important than money. im sorry danny for not keeping this for purpose intendedfor.

I guess you've got some rough stuff going on. Looks like you and your wife are in it together, though, so that's a good thing. Have you talked to her since she got to her family's place?

Hey, a couple questions for background, if you don't mind:

1. Where does your/her family live? (general, if you don't want to give details)
    2. How long have you been in Bellingham?
    3. How long have you been married?

(There'll be more, but let's go from there)

Oh, and the drinking=telling the truth thing. Yeah, sometimes, but I wouldn't go too heavy on it when you're already feeling bad. Take the edge off, man, then just ride with it for a while.

YDWWMPJC?!!
    danny72688 wrote:
    No worries :) Unplugged can go aside if you need to talk.

thanks man. at least this will always keep it at top