Options

The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• Options
    LauraPJLauraPJ Mendoza, Argentina Posts: 1,777
    danny72688 wrote:
    Awesome! Thanks!!!
    Nearing 100 Pit member votes :)

Don't worry, a lot of it is bumps and Unplugged quotes.
    You're welcome! And thanks to you for this thread, sweet idea. Great, I'm #93 :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    You're welcome! And thanks to you for this thread, sweet idea. Great, I'm #93 :)
    Bienvenida, LauraPJ!
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Bienvenida, LauraPJ!
    Hola, gracias! :)
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:

You're welcome too! And feel free to bump or spark Unplugged conversation anytime :)

I'm surprised it doesn't have that many signatures though. I figure everyone would want it. Oh well. This thread will not die until the official release of PJ Unplugged. Too bad these numbers aren't like 10 Club numbers. I'd be 000000 :) Well I better get to bed, I'm killing what little sleep I'm gonna get the longer I stay up. At least I corrected all my stat homework -> ALCOHOL AND SCHOOL DO NOT MIX!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    You're welcome too! And feel free to bump or spark Unplugged conversation anytime :)

I'm surprised it doesn't have that many signatures though. I figure everyone would want it. Oh well. This thread will not die until the official release of PJ Unplugged. Too bad these numbers aren't like 10 Club numbers. I'd be 000000 :) Well I better get to bed, I'm killing what little sleep I'm gonna get the longer I stay up. At least I corrected all my stat homework -> ALCOHOL AND SCHOOL DO NOT MIX!
    Thanks again :)
    Well, actually alcohol do not mix with a lot of things... at least not with the fun ones :p
    Have a good night
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:

Bueno. Hasta manana, entonces. Que duermas bien!:D
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Bueno. Hasta manana, entonces. Que duermas bien!:D
    Estás practicando tu español?
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    "Neil wouldn't sue us..."

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:

Ooooo you'd better add my name too... I loooove **official** releases :D
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Estás practicando tu español?
    Claro que si! Siempre! A cada oportunidad! Pero no puedo conjugar bien, y estoy olvidando mas cada dia (falta de practica)! Ahorita, no hay nadie con quien puedo hablar. Pero yo estare en California en una semana (bueno, el domingo proximo), y tengo amigos alla que pueden hablar espanol conmigo. :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Ooooo you'd better add my name too... I loooove **official** releases :D

did you sign? :D

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    "Neil wouldn't sue us..."
    Brain, you're here! Better evening? Maybe you need a little....

[size=+2]UNPLUGGED![/size]
    ~

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Claro que si! Siempre! A cada oportunidad! Pero no puedo conjugar bien, y estoy olvidando mas cada dia (falta de practica)! Ahorita, no hay nadie con quien puedo hablar! Pero yo estare en California en una semana (bueno, el domingo proximo), y tengo amigos alla que pueden hablar espanol conmigo. :D
    Pues parece q te las arreglás bastante bien hasta ahora. Cualquier cosa, yo puedo ayudarte también :)
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Pues parece q te las arreglás bastante bien hasta ahora. Cualquier cosa, yo puedo ayudarte también :)
    Muchas gracias! :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Muchas gracias! :D
    De nada! :)
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    Brain, you're here! Better evening? Maybe you need a little....

[size=+2]UNPLUGGED![/size]
    ~

a little better because not so much drink...but then i got a call from home.

man it's been a long day.

you two are speaking in tongues...

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    you two are speaking in tongues...
    That was a little bit of SPANISH :p
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    That was a little bit of SPANISH :p

i know, but i am unlettered in other languages :(

i want to leard italian just for the heck of it but i think it's too late.

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

Well... spanish is hard, I know. Italian is easier... al least for us, you know, because spanish and italian are ver similar.
    Um... why is too late?
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

It's never too late until you're dead! I've got a few years on you, and I'm working on improving the languages I have learned, as well as having a list of languages I still want to learn. If you want to learn Italian, learn it! Use something like Rosetta Stone, find people who speak it, and just practice. A big part of it is to be willing to look foolish while you're learning - and even after! ;) Kids are great to learn from; they always like to teach you the cuss words first. :D I say go for it!

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Well... spanish is hard, I know. Italian is easier... al least for us, you know, because spanish and italian are ver similar.
    Um... why is too late?

yea, my wife had taught me that they are similar.

i just feel it's too late too learn because i'm older now. you know how it is, when you are younger you pick up on things easier and a lot quicker. i mean, i don't just want to learn some phrases, i would like to be able to speak fluently someday, especially since we plan on taking trips to italy.

viva UNPLUGGED!!!

• Options
    It's never too late until you're dead! I've got a few years on you, and I'm working on improving the languages I have learned, as well as having a list of languages I still want to learn. If you want to learn Italian, learn it! Use something like Rosetta Stone, find people who speak it, and just practice. A big part of it is to be willing to look foolish while you're learning - and even after! ;) Kids are great to learn from; they always like to teach you the cuss words first. :D I say go for it!

i thought about Rosetta, briefly. but now it looks like my wife will be taking italian at the community college...so maybe i will go that route

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    yea, my wife had taught me that they are similar.

i just feel it's too late too learn because i'm older now. you know how it is, when you are younger you pick up on things easier and a lot quicker. i mean, i don't just want to learn some phrases, i would like to be able to speak fluently someday, especially since we plan on taking trips to italy.

viva UNPLUGGED!!!
    Older? You're just 26, come on!!! Of course that is easier when you're a kid, but is not late at all! Besides, if you want to speak another lenguage fluently, you better get started. Fluently comes with practice, is not a miracle, and is not going to happens until you decide it. If you really want it, just go for it :)
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i thought about Rosetta, briefly. but now it looks like my wife will be taking italian at the community college...so maybe i will go that route
    Great! The thing is, you have to practice it! When I was in Mexico, Colombia, and Spain, it was easy to be immersed because there were very few around me who spoke English. Same thing when I was in France and Switzerland; I watched the news, didn't spend all my time hanging out with Americans, and I learned!

You're not surrounded by Italian speakers, so you have to create your own "immersion." If you can find someone to speak it with, do it! That means stumbling through stilted conversation, talking "baby talk" almost, you know, expressing yourself with a limited vocabulary. Listening to it is a huge thing, too! Do you have access to any Italian TV or radio stations? Go to Italian webpages. Read, and see what words you recognize. I bet there are newscasts or something you could find online. With the internet, there are SO many ways to get exposure to another language.

Since your wife wants to take it to, you can also practice together. Designate an "Italian night" each week, where you cook Italian food, maybe listen to Italian music, and ONLY SPEAK ITALIAN for that period of time. You'll be amazed how many sentences you can put together, however simple, when you try.

*Whew!* So, whaddya think?

Hmm... wonder how you say UNPLUGGED in Italian. :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    HeadlongRush... why do you always appears like off line, despite you're answering all the time? I'm sorry, I know this is kinda weird question, but I'm a curious woman :p
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Older? You're just 26, come on!!! Of course that is easier when you're a kid, but is not late at all! Besides, if you want to speak another lenguage fluently, you better get started. Fluently comes with practice, is not a miracle, and is not going to happens until you decide it. If you really want it, just go for it

i've lived a long life in just 26 years :) but i know, i'm still young.

Great! The thing is, you have to practice it! When I was in Mexico, Colombia, and Spain, it was easy to be immersed because there were very few around me who spoke English. Same thing when I was in France and Switzerland; I watched the news, didn't spend all my time hanging out with Americans, and I learned!

You're not surrounded by Italian speakers, so you have to create your own "immersion." If you can find someone to speak it with, do it! That means stumbling through stilted conversation, talking "baby talk" almost, you know, expressing yourself with a limited vocabulary. Listening to it is a huge thing, too! Do you have access to any Italian TV or radio stations? Go to Italian webpages. Read, and see what words you recognize. I bet there are newscasts or something you could find online. With the internet, there are SO many ways to get exposure to another language.

Since your wife wants to take it to, you can also practice together. Designate an "Italian night" each week, where you cook Italian food, maybe listen to Italian music, and ONLY SPEAK ITALIAN for that period of time. You'll be amazed how many sentences you can put together, however simple, when you try.

*Whew!* So, whaddya think?

Hmm... wonder how you say UNPLUGGED in Italian. :D

quick story...one of the main reasons i want to learn italian is because i am pissed that i didn't years ago (or any language for that matter). and i would love to be able to talk to my wife around people about things you normaly wouldn't if they understood you. oh, and i am around so many people that speak other languages regularly. that's how i learned to play guitar...i was kinda dissappointed that i hadn't learned as a child. but what really set me over the edge was walking into a local music store and seeing these little kids playing!!! so i don't always have the best of motivating factors behind the things i do or want to do. man that's horrible...

your advice is along the lines of what i had been thinking would take place between my wife and i, so thank you for that!

hmm, unplugged in italian? :)

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i've lived a long life in just 26 years :) but i know, i'm still young.
    You know, that made me start thinking of all that had happened in my life by the time I was your age, and...yeah. Wow. Amazing sometimes that we still stand. ;)
    brainofPJ wrote:
    man that's horrible...
    your advice is along the lines of what i had been thinking would take place between my wife and i, so thank you for that!
    hmm, unplugged in italian? :)
    Nah, that's not horrible. Got motivated, didn't you? As long as you didn't fly into a jealous rage and start beating on the little kids with their own guitars! :eek:

I can tell you from personal experience, it is very cool to be able to talk to your spouse without others understanding:

Your wife: "I'm bored. This party sucks."
    You: "Yeah. Let's tell them that we just remembered you have appendicitis and we should have been in the ER hours ago."
    Your wife: "Okay, let's go. Be sure to grab that half-bottle of wine off the sideboard on the way out."
    You: "You got it, Hon. Just kinda hunch over, grab your stomach, and groan a little as we leave." ;)*

See? It's great! (This, of course, would have been in my pre-YDWWMPJC days!;))

Hope the advice helps. Again, don't be afraid of looking foolish. If I was too worried about that, I would never post to LauraPJ or PM with Clau_yellowled in Spanish, because I know I make mistakes. But it helps me, because I read their posts, and it reminds me of correct sentence structure, conjugation, little turns of phrase that don't translate directly, etc.

I hope you guys follow through. It could be a great thing.

So, have you figured out UNPLUGGED in Italian yet?

*Please note: The conversation depicted above is entirely fictitious. And if it really ever happened, I ain't tellin'!:D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    HeadlongRush... why do you always appears like off line, despite you're answering all the time? I'm sorry, I know this is kinda weird question, but I'm a curious woman :p
    Ninguna idea!

It shows "Logged in" on my screen. Hmmm. Does it show that under my profile?

Viva la curiosidad! :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    You know, that made me start thinking of all that had happened in my life by the time I was your age, and...yeah. Wow. Amazing sometimes that we still stand. ;)

Nah, that's not horrible. Got motivated, didn't you? As long as you didn't fly into a jealous rage and start beating on the little kids with their own guitars! :eek:

I can tell you from personal experience, it is very cool to be able to talk to your spouse without others understanding:

Your wife: "I'm bored. This party sucks."
    You: "Yeah. Let's tell them that we just remembered you have appendicitis and we should have been in the ER hours ago."
    Your wife: "Okay, let's go. Be sure to grab that half-bottle of wine off the sideboard on the way out."
    You: "You got it, Hon. Just kinda hunch over, grab your stomach, and groan a little as we leave." ;)*

See? It's great! (This, of course, would have been in my pre-YDWWMPJC days!;))

Hope the advice helps. Again, don't be afraid of looking foolish. If I was too worried about that, I would never post to LauraPJ or PM with Clau_yellowled in Spanish, because I know I make mistakes. But it helps me, because I read their posts, and it reminds me of correct sentence structure, conjugation, little turns of phrase that don't translate directly, etc.

I hope you guys follow through. It could be a great thing.

So, have you figured out UNPLUGGED in Italian yet?

*Please note: The conversation depicted above is entirely fictitious. And if it really ever happened, I ain't tellin'!:D

she already knows a little italian, she wants to get past learning from a book and emersing herself in the culture, which the first class actually does i guess.
    she will follow through definitely, as for me i just need to it.

i like the fictitious story :) that's what i'm talking about

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    she already knows a little italian, she wants to get past learning from a book and emersing herself in the culture, which the first class actually does i guess.
    she will follow through definitely, as for me i just need to it.

i like the fictitious story :) that's what i'm talking about
    Sounds like you have a good starting point, with your wife being really motivated and already having learned the basics. Hope you'll keep us posted on your progress. I may bug you about it periodically to see if you're following through, though! :p
    ~

YDWWMPJC?!!