Best one hit wonders of the 1990's?

12346»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 37,927
    Looking thru this thread, so many people have no fucking clue what “one hit wonder” means. 

No offense intended, Dyer, but maybe inform instead of scold? 
    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 3,942
    Looking thru this thread, so many people have no fucking clue what “one hit wonder” means. 
    Please inform the masses professor.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capitalPosts: 2,881
    GlowGirl said:
    pjhawks said:
    Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet

Aw, I feel bad about putting Matthew Sweet in the same category as Right Said Fred and Chumbawumba. He's a well-regarded musician, did a lot of work with Lloyd Cole IIRC. I guess it depends on how we're defining "best"? Because he's a very talented guy, not a novelty act.
    Lloyd Cole is a name I haven’t thought of in a while. He is married to my friend’s sister, Beth. I went to their wedding with my friend. Feels like a lifetime ago. 

After PJ, I've seen Lloyd live more than any other artist, starting with a small show in San Francisco in the early 90's that was plagued with drunk pirates. Great songwriter, got to meet him once or twice after shows -- seems like a nice guy.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.