Options

*** Ed solo Philly 2 Fanviews Here 6/12/09 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,059
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    tryan21 wrote:
    Any one have a quality picture of the Marquee from this show, they could email me?

If so please PM me. Thanks

Dave-was it you who had one to email? I'd really love one 2! marquee looked awesome but my daughter couldn't get good shot. PM if ya can & thanks! Still can't listen to anything but PJ/EV-that always happens to me after a great show!

Thanks again-Cindy (aka mrs smiley)
    :mrgreen:

yep, i can send you some pics from outside. just send a donation to the Yellow Ribbon Club and they are yours! Just kidding. PM sent and I will send you the pics from outside as soon as I get your email
  • Options
    mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    tryan21 wrote:
    Any one have a quality picture of the Marquee from this show, they could email me?

If so please PM me. Thanks

Dave-was it you who had one to email? I'd really love one 2! marquee looked awesome but my daughter couldn't get good shot. PM if ya can & thanks! Still can't listen to anything but PJ/EV-that always happens to me after a great show!

Thanks again-Cindy (aka mrs smiley)
    :mrgreen:

yep, i can send you some pics from outside. just send a donation to the Yellow Ribbon Club and they are yours! Just kidding. PM sent and I will send you the pics from outside as soon as I get your email

actually I was on YRC site a couple times & can't do donation @ moment (work @ elem school so no pay comin' in now) but I am gonna keep checkin it out & try & get involved-great stuff & soooo cool to have PJ involved-such great guys! The school district I work for has a great service learning program so come Fall I hope to share site w/local schools! Just sent ya email for pics so thanks again!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    awesome..I dont have access to yahoo email at work so I will email them to you later tonight I hope. I am not sure what area you are from but some local schools here have their students volunteer and run a drop off site to collect items to send over seas to the troops. Its a neat thing where the kids get involved, get really into it, and learn from it. Maybe you can coordinate one at your school if the logistics work? Here's an example:

http://www.yellowribbonclub.org/news.htm#5
  • Options
    Ok, so I know I'm late on this review, but I don't normally, or ever, go to these fan sites. I attended both shows in philly (upper darby) and thought they were so much better than last yrs. NY shows.( my opinion) Night one we had fifth row 10c tix which were amazing. Thanks 10c. Night 1 was phenomenal I thought, with nothing lacking. Ed played beautifully and sounded great. It's such a different energy than normal PJ shows. Song choices were perfect, particularly "Floyd's Brain Damage" into "Sometimes". Anyway, I could go on about this forever. Afterwards, we met Ed outside and got to shake hands and make small talk. That was truly surreal. Night two, we had balcony seats, which was a big disappointment compared to night one, but we were grateful just to be in the building. Set lists were similar, with some cool changes, but ended a half hour sooner than the previous night. Afterwards, we met Ed again and got to talk a little more. I was wearing an anti-war bracelet that read "Bring Them Home Now" and I handed it to Ed and he told me about some vets that had been at the show that night, then took my bracelet and put it on his wrist. "Good cause", he said. My girlfriend spoke up, telling Ed how he helped me get through some hard times in my life with life, death, addiction, and getting through to the other side of it all. He was very soft-spoken, talked to us about being engaged, and told us "love is hard, you have to work on it". Shook our hands again and kept on greeting people. It was such an honor that he took my bracelet and put it on. I am still, almost a month later, in awe over it and very thankful for all experiences over the past eighteen years, especially this one. Ed, thanks for everything. To the fans also, thanks.
  • Options
    Lemly2Lemly2 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if they will make his solo concerts available in bootleg form?
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Kat wrote:
    June 12, 2009, Philadelphia, PA, Tower Theatre
    Ed solo tour - opening: Liam Finn

Set list (unconfirmed): Walking the Cow, (Brain Damage intro) Sometimes, Trouble, Girl from the North Country, I am Mine, Dead Man, Far Behind, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Rise, Picture in a Frame, State Trooper, Driftin, Hide Your Love Away, Small Town, Porch

Encore: Society, Lukin, Soon Forget, Wishlist, *Unknown Song*, Arc, Hard Sun

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....

did anyone ever figure out what the "unknown song" was? was it off backspacer? i remember it being a sweet, slow song (mix of Arc hymns and Unthought Known melodies)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Brain of JFKBrain of JFK Posts: 238
    It was the first ever live performance of "The End".
    96: 10-2 Hartford
    03: 7-11 Mansfield 3
    04: 9-28 Boston 1
    08: 6-28 Mansfield 1
    09: 10-30 Philly 3, 10-31 Philly 4
    10: 5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston
    11: 9-3 Alpine Valley, 9-4 Alpine Valley
    13: 10-15 Worcester 1, 10-16 Worcester 2, 10-25 Hartford
    16: 4-29 Philly 2, 5-1 MSG 1, 8-5 Fenway 1, 8-7 Fenway 2
    18: 9-2 Fenway 1, 9-4 Fenway 2
    21: 9-26 Ohana
    22: 5-6 LA, 5-7 LA, 5-16 Fresno
    EV SOLO: 8-2-08 Boston 2, 6-8-09 Albany 1, 6-15-11 Providence, 6-16-11 Boston, 6-18-11 Hartford, 11-1-12 Las Vegas
    Tres Mts: 3-27-11 Boston
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    thanks...i knew it couldn't have been Just Breathe but I couldn't remember
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    B MerksB Merks Posts: 209
    "I'd like to dedicate this next son to ahh Susan..." Rise begins

Thats my Mom who passed away a year earlier after a long bout with Cancer - Thanks Ed for being the Fucking Man
    Brian Merkle
  • Options
    4 years ago today....thank you EV.
    "The best life I ever lived..."