Options

*** Ed solo Philly 2 Fanviews Here 6/12/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    autumnautumn Posts: 191
    phillyfan wrote:
    I went upper balcony to my seats way up top,and this guy comes up to me and wife and says do you want a upgrade?He says I work for Eddie he wants me to give you these tickets I get to play santa clause.They were front row almost dead center It was incredible, words can describe how I felt.I thanked this guy a hundred times and I wanted to hug him!!! Igot to give Ed a couple hand shakes, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Baltimore. I have upper balcony for the show there, it would be an amazing experience and a great story to tell if I were so lucky!
    Philly 1 and 2 were fantastic. I agree that Philly 2 was much tighter, Ed should definitely stay off the painkillers.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    sweet set list
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    phillyfan wrote:
    I went upper balcony to my seats way up top,and this guy comes up to me and wife and says do you want a upgrade?He says I work for Eddie he wants me to give you these tickets I get to play santa clause.They were front row almost dead center It was incredible, words can describe how I felt.I thanked this guy a hundred times and I wanted to hug him!!! Igot to give Ed a couple hand shakes, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

My wife and I got the same thing and we were so stoked...Upgraded to Pit Right AAA...That guy was cool...He said to us "don't jump on stage and kiss Ed"...my wife said "don't worry - he won't"...awesome show!
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • Options
    jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    autumn wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Baltimore. I have upper balcony for the show there, it would be an amazing experience and a great story to tell if I were so lucky!
    Philly 1 and 2 were fantastic. I agree that Philly 2 was much tighter, Ed should definitely stay off the painkillers.

Get there about 15-20 min before Liam gets on to have a good chance...Also, I think they are partial to upgrading couples...I told my wife for weeks leading up to this one that we had to get there early and it happened for us last night...good luck!
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Sawyer wrote:
    OUTSTANDING although Philly is the biggest dump I have ever traveled too, and I've been to Toledo!

great. don't come back.

thank god ed and the band feel differently :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    sirlou22sirlou22 Posts: 71
    Sawyer wrote:
    OUTSTANDING although Philly is the biggest dump I have ever traveled too, and I've been to Toledo!

great. don't come back.

thank god ed and the band feel differently :lol:

+1 :evil:
    2003: Camden I
    2005: Philly
    2006: Camden I & II
    2008: Camden II

EV 2008: NYC I
    EV 2009: Philly I & II
    2009: Chicago I (8/23), Philly I - IV (Oct 27-31)
    2010: NYC II (8/21)
  • Options
    sirlou22sirlou22 Posts: 71
    Night 2 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Night 1. The crowd was electric with amazing energy. Ed blew that place apart. Thanks to the crowd and Ed for an awesome night!
    2003: Camden I
    2005: Philly
    2006: Camden I & II
    2008: Camden II

EV 2008: NYC I
    EV 2009: Philly I & II
    2009: Chicago I (8/23), Philly I - IV (Oct 27-31)
    2010: NYC II (8/21)
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    JV130312 wrote:
    Are there tapers at these shows?
    If there were. I really dont think they come out and announce it.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    the ticket fairy strikes again!!! that is sooo amazing! :o
    i change by not changing at all
  • Options
    rock on...rock on... Posts: 11
    Amazing show!!!! second row center behind Deb and Dave!!! You two were adorable....so happy for you both!!! thanks 10C!!!! what an unforgettable night!!!! :D
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sawyer wrote:

thats not philly bro'

i was warning people that were traveling for these shows that upper darby is not that nice
  • Options
    One of the cool things that happened lastnight.....At the very ending when everyone was cheering you see ed rub his arm.....like we gave him chills. Maybe it was another refrence IDK but I am pretty sure thats what it was. Its the small things like that you never forget.
    Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Its not that Bad either.

I also love the people sitting at their computers who say this show sucked and this show was better basing it off a setlist. :lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I am laso going to refer to the unknown song as "echoes", cause thats what I believe it will be called. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    An amazing show !! Ed ripped through the set list in Ramones fashion..one hour and twenty five minutes. Highlights for me included the stories as well as the music .

"The Axes of Evil" , the new Vedder axe throwing team. He said the skill will come in handy when his daughters get to be fourteen or fifteen .

Bumping into Eric Clapton . Ed was carrying what he calls the whitest guitar ever, a Clapton model white Martin guitar with nice pick-ups and inlays. He said said his elevator went down six floors ,the doors opened, and who was standing there but Eric Clapton. Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood are playing or just played Philly. Ed said he wanted to know the story behind the guitar. His description of his conversation sounded like the way my tongue tied exchanges with the members of PJ have gone : half words, gutteral noise, and hands flapping about as I reach frantically for the ticket i want signed . Ed:" Hello Eric. Eric : "Hello Ed ". Ed : what's the story behind this guitar, this Eric Clapton model guitar . Eric to Ed : "It's just a guitar Ed". Ed then went on to talk about how it is just a guitar because anyone can pick it up, place their hands in the right positions, and learn to play, but it obviously meant a heckuva lot more than just a guitar to Ed. Funny and poignant at the same time.

The comedy at George Webb's expense (sorry George. Seriously though, Thank You for being so incredibly nice and cool to my friend . She enjoyed talking with you very much !!) and the makeup hug were priceless.

Musical highlights : "Ukin ", the uke version of Lukin. Wish Ed would've played it all the way through, though it did sound like a commercial jingle for Ed's House of Sushi . Ed quickly realized the "Turning Japanese" nature of the sound and even played part of the chorus from The Vapors "Turning Japanese". "State Trooper " was amazing. " Girl from the North Country " was breathtaking. " Unknown Song" was punch in the gut poignant and heartbreaking. Definitely would like to hear it again and again. Hope I get a chance to ask him in Tennessee. "Soon Forget" was beyond amazing. " I am Mine " was smoking hot again.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    Blind3 wrote:
    An amazing show !! Ed ripped through the set list in Ramones fashion..one hour and twenty five minutes. Highlights for me included the stories as well as the music .

"The Axes of Evil" , the new Vedder axe throwing team. He said the skill will come in handy when his daughters get to be fourteen or fifteen .

Bumping into Eric Clapton . Ed was carrying what he calls the whitest guitar ever, a Clapton model white Martin guitar with nice pick-ups and inlays. He said said his elevator went down six floors ,the doors opened, and who was standing there but Eric Clapton. Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood are playing or just played Philly. Ed said he wanted to know the story behind the guitar. His description of his conversation sounded like the way my tongue tied exchanges with the members of PJ have gone : half words, gutteral noise, and hands flapping about as I reach frantically for the ticket i want signed . Ed:" Hello Eric. Eric : "Hello Ed ". Ed : what's the story behind this guitar, this Eric Clapton model guitar . Eric to Ed : "It's just a guitar Ed". Ed then went on to talk about how it is just a guitar because anyone can pick it up, place their hands in the right positions, and learn to play, but it obviously meant a heckuva lot more than just a guitar to Ed. Funny and poignant at the same time.

The comedy at George Webb's expense (sorry George. Seriously though, Thank You for being so incredibly nice and cool to my friend . She enjoyed talking with you very much !!) and the makeup hug were priceless.

Musical highlights : "Ukin ", the uke version of Lukin. Wish Ed would've played it all the way through, though it did sound like a commercial jingle for Ed's House of Sushi . Ed quickly realized the "Turning Japanese" nature of the sound and even played part of the chorus from The Vapors "Turning Japanese". "State Trooper " was amazing. " Girl from the North Country " was breathtaking. " Unknown Song" was punch in the gut poignant and heartbreaking. Definitely would like to hear it again and again. Hope I get a chance to ask him in Tennessee. "Soon Forget" was beyond amazing. " I am Mine " was smoking hot again.
    A uke version of Lukin? That is interesting. He wasnt able to finish though?
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    No, he wasn't able to finish it. Just the first verse, I believe. He said it sounded like... umm... I forget... but he said it sounded like something. :?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    cpm0928cpm0928 Posts: 7
    Ok so I was happy to be seated in Right Orch Row BB...... how about 7 rows from the stage!!! Thanks 10c!

Great time...... great set list. Eddie even had chills.

To the dumbass yelling BUZZCOCKS..... please don't double fist if you are sitting that close....you really ruin the experience for people.

Anyone who was around me hit me up to share the good times and relive!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I realize the opening band thing is a kind gesture on Eds ( or the bands ) part ,
    and it helps them fill the entire night and the time,..
    but I believe at this point in time,
    there is no more need for an opening act,
    not for Ed,
    and definitely not for Pearl Jam .

I mean Liam Finn was entertaining and all, the guy can definitely play the drums and guitars
    ( no not simultaneously )
    but that opening set was, well, just horrible.
    It was time to walk around the Tower for me .

just my .02 .

:)

oh and what "brilliant person" oversaw the merchandise at The Tower?
    First- they ran out of shirts ( the baseball shirt ) on Night 1 ?
    ( shouldnt they have held back some for night 2 ? ? ? )
    Second , after spending 200+ bucks at the merchandise line- they had NO BAGS ?

with a multitude of tiny little stickers and buttons and wallets, where was one to put all that stuff ? Of course you werent able to go back outside to your car - so you were left to your own devices as far as corralling all of the merchandise and keeping it safe.

I LOVE the city of Philly, but the 1 downside is the signage for driving. I totally miised exit 346B( this was extremely stressful ) , it just wasnt there, missed the turnoff, had to backtrack . That part sucked but thankfully made it to the show and enjoyed ourselves.We even got a parking spot on the street at a meter and it only cost us about 3 bucks in quarters as opposed to the 10 being charged by the Tower Double Decker garage.

After the show, we saw Ed and Liam outside at the bus' ( Liam was outside walking in and out, ED snuck onto his bus and we saw him thru the little window, before someone drew the curtain )
    We waited until 12:10 am ( long drive back to NYC )
    the secirity guys were pretty cool , there were only approx 100 people out there, but Ed wouldnt come out . He surely saw all of us ,
    but he stayed inside.
    I was wondering if anyone here stuck it out, if ed ever ventured outside of the magic bus, and if so what time was it .

I loved hearing " Sometimes " and " Mr State Trooper " .

sweet show.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Last nights show was awesome! Lukin on the UKEEEE was incredible! Eddie is the man, so pleasant and talkative. He was spot on almost the whole time too. My parents were a few rows behind me and I think they enjoyed it just as much as I did. Yellow Ribbon Club shoutout was wonderful, congratulations Dave and Deb. He's such a great guy with matching intentions. I did not get to see him night one, but this definitely made up for it.

Anybody know if Ed went out to the Waterford again after night 2??

Overall, awesome. Thank you to the honest fan who sold me the tickets for my parents at face. Being with people who enjoy something like this as much as you do makes it feel like family.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    My cursor was going spastic so I couldn't finish my previous Magnum Dopus. Just wanted to say that , as if two nights in paradise ( bet Upper Darby doesn't get called that often) weren't enough, last night was topped off by getting to shake hands and say a few words to Ed . He stepped off the bus about 1230 , similar to Thursday night time wise, and held court with about fifty of us for about fifteen minutes. All the cameras going when he initially walked out caused Ed to remark that he felt like he was at the Cannes Film Festival. I think our handshake was thirty seconds , but it felt a heckuva lot longer. He's got a strong grip. He couldn't have been more gracious. I'm sure he's heard my "thanks for two incredible nights and for twenty amazing years" a million zillion times, but his smile and "thank you, i really appreciate that" were genuine and like he was hearing it first time. he really knows how to zero in on each person individually and make you feel like you're the one person that matters in that moment in time. I'm not religious per se, but this was damn close.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    My cursor was going spastic so I couldn't finish my previous Magnum Dopus. Just wanted to say that , as if two nights in paradise ( bet Upper Darby doesn't get called that often) weren't enough, last night was topped off by getting to shake hands and say a few words to Ed . He stepped off the bus about 1230 , similar to Thursday night time wise, and held court with about fifty of us for about fifteen minutes. All the cameras going when he initially walked out caused Ed to remark that he felt like he was at the Cannes Film Festival. I think our handshake was thirty seconds , but it felt a heckuva lot longer. He's got a strong grip. He couldn't have been more gracious. I'm sure he's heard my "thanks for two incredible nights and for twenty amazing years" a million zillion times, but his smile and "thank you, i really appreciate that" were genuine and like he was hearing it first time. he really knows how to zero in on each person individually and make you feel like you're the one person that matters in that moment in time. I'm not religious per se, but this was damn close.
    That was enough to give a grown man chills. NP. I can't wait for Honolulu!!!
  • Options
    didn't he F*ck up "Lukin"???

also, anyone have photos of the poster?
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Hell, yeah! Great fuckin' night. Fifth row, Orch Center Right! I've never been so happy with my 10c membership. Waaaaay better than the NY show I saw last year. I love our Philly crowds, and it seems EV does too. Can't wait to spend a a few nights at the Spectrum this fall.
  • Options
    Last night was amazing. The show was awesome and in such a small venue. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that he played Elderly Woman! That has got to be in my top three fav PJ songs. I loved the intimate feel of the show and that he joked and told stories in between. It was truly an amazing time.

After the show, we waited out back for a while and finally got to meet Eddie (first time for me), shake his hand and just say thanks for the music. I have been such a fan for almost two decades now, and Eddie/PJ's music has meant so much to me - to get to say that to Eddie, and have him respond with a genuine and humble - Thank you - that is going to be one of the most memorable moments in my life. When we were done, we went to the back and I sat on my fiance's shoulders to take it all in one last time before we left. I really appreciate all the cool people - it was a good crowd - PJ's got the best fans hands down :) (well, there were a couple annoyances - and i'm sure everyone knows who I'm talkin about - didn't let it ruin my time tho)

Hey I know there were a ton of pics taken from after the show last night - anyway we can share them??

"I seem to recognize your face...haunting, familiar, yet I can't seem to place it..."

"I just want to scream...hello...
    My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return
    But now here you are, and here I am"

God I love that song ;)
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    over_bends wrote:
    No, he wasn't able to finish it. Just the first verse, I believe. He said it sounded like... umm... I forget... but he said it sounded like something. :?
    Turning Japanese ;)
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    I think I won the award for biggest douchebag seated behind me.
    Orch - Center Right row KK seats 117 & 9

The guy screaming shut the fuck up before society, well he was expressing the rage we all felt towards the two drunk pittsburgh penguin fans who had no rythym (clapping), no understanding that this wasn't PJ at the spectrum, and no respect for anyone around them. We were seriously considering beating the living shit out of them at the end.

First Ed show I have been to and my only problem was really the two idiots behind me.

They actually said "why is everyone booing this new song? It ain't so bad"
    (BRUUUUCE)

Constant Penguin score updates.

Trying to focus on the positive, like the two Chicago shows I am going to.

Great set and would definitely not miss Ed again.

Thanks 10 C!
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    Awesome show!! I wasn't able to attend any of the previous solo shows and this one made up for it. I ended up drinking so much caffine before the show that I was sooo antsy waiting to pick up my tickets. I kept telling myself that every seat in there was good (so I had heard), so not to worry about where my seats were. I picked them up looked at them saw something about "CCC" and "PIT". I had the seating chart wrong in my head and I didn't realize how close I would be. I was standing there looking at my ticket when someone asked it they could help me, and asked to see my ticket. I showed it to him and he said "these are good seats". I looked at him, "really"?, He said "Yeah, third row from the stage, almost right in the very center...uh, you're shaking" He thought I was hilarious, but I was so freakin' excited when I heard that!!!

It was really cool to see how excited others were when they were shown to their seats.

I loved hearing "driftin'", "soon forget", and the "unknown" song. I really just loved 'em all. The stories were great, to. I liked when he mumbled (on purpose) and then said, "you got that, right"? Don't think the show could have been better for me. :D

My wife and I ...oh my gosh what a night......we just got home. I have no idea how I am going to sleep. I will try to write our review and share all the magic that happened tonight sometime this weekend when I am back to being calm and collective and able to gather my thoughts..what a night...that was my letter to Ed he discussed and it was my wife's bday tonight....WOW

Thank you ED. I waited half my life to get to say thank you to you and now I need to do it again, for tonight. Thank you! (thanks to everyone else as well- you know who you all are!)

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much...the wifey and i are dehydrated from crying and shaking...

and for anyone who reads this now and doesnt want to wait for my summary this weekend, The website Ed was talking about is http://www.yellowribbonclub.org

Thank you
    -Dave and Deb Silver

I was a few seats behind you guys and it was awesome to see how much that meant to you guys. I was and still am so happy for you. It sounds like a great chairity you guys (and Ed) have brought attention to.
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    Any Penguin fan at a Philly show, especially wearing those jerseys deserves an ass kicking.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    I don't even know where to start but let's just say that my experience last night shared with Ed and my wife clearly prooves and teaches that there is good in this world and great things can happen.

I am still smiling ear to ear and trying to rewind and replay the night in my mind over and over again. One of these days, I will be able to come down and get some sleep...

I will leave some of the details out due to privacy of others involved and such (thank you to those I am talking about here...you know who..) but for a long time now, I always wanted Ed to know what an impact him and the band have had on my life as well as my family's. I never cared about autographs or whatever, I just wanted to tell him "Thank you". So one day I wrote it all out. How my friend and I met because of Pearl Jam and then 3 years later he introduced me to the woman who is now my wife of 6 years and the mother of my 2 boys. I wanted Ed to know that because of things the band has done for the environment and for the community, it made me inspired to be a better person and use the fact that I am blessed and have the power to help others. The entire Tomas Young/No More War/Body of War support that Ed and the band does made me wake up and stop living my daily life without giving a second glance to what our American families are dealing with because of this war etc. It opened my eyes and I decided to be a part of helping our US Troops. It was the least I could do. So I wrote this letter, telling him how I volunteered for a group called the Yellow Ribbon Club and helped raise some money for them and their organization. I told him how I organized a town car wash where all the proceeds went to the YRC. It was one of my proudest days of my life raising money to give back to the troops and their families. I wrote all of this and more in my letter. Thursday night, I somehow got it passed to Ed.

Luck and fate are an amazing thing. Philly night 2 was also my wife's birthday. We were (hail, hail!) one of those lucky ones and got our seats upgraded (THANK YOU to those responsible. words cannot express our grattitude) and we were front row, dead center in front of Ed.

While we walked to our seats, I mentioned to the security guard guiding us up there that it was my wife's bday. He asked for her ID and indeed it was her bday. He turned to a then empty Tower crowd and yelled for everryone to sing to Deborah and he sung in a horrible voice Happy Birthday. It was funny.

After Liam's set, Ed came on and it was amazing. It was like our own personal Ed Solo show. No one infront of us except for Ed. As if it was him playing, sitting by my fireplace and my wife and I on the couch. The world could have been ending behind us and I would never have known it. After "Driftin", Ed mentioned he would do another fan club single later and I said to my wife "ANGEL!!" and he heard me and laughed with that sarcastic "yeah right, dont bet on it" laugh that we all know from Ed. I think someone else posted that the song was going to be "santa barbara" but Ed didnt get to it tonight for whatever reason.

During the 1st set, Ed would look down to us, seeing us hold hands and rock out and smile or nod to us everyone once in a while. After "Porch" ended, he came over, leaned over the stage, and cupped my wife's hand and gave her the very same guitar pick he used for Porch and the previous songs. She was shaking and crying. She held it so tight for a while before putting me in charge of holding it.

Then a few songs later, in the next set, he starts talking about getting fan mail and how every once in a while he gets a letter that impacts him and how he feels. My wife and I immediately started clutching to each other and were like "oh $hit, he is talking about our letter!". He told a lot of the story I mentioned above and how he never heard of the Yellow Ribbon Club and how he and the band are going to contribute or help out or something. WOW!! My heart just stopped. I for sure thought this perfect evening and amazing birthday present for my wife could not get better. It did however. He just mentioned that the best rock band alive today and ever is going to help out the Yellow Ribbon Club. WOW. I am a numbers guy. A math major and stat guy in college. All of this stuff happening to further help the YRC...the odds are astronimical. Beyond belief.

It got better and I still cannot believe this happened. He didn't know that the couple sitting straight ahead of him was the same couple he was talking about in said letter. My wife was bawling her eyes out and shaking and I just held my hands to my forehead in disbelief. He noticed us for that split second and although I dont think he said it into the microphone for everyone to hear, he said "wait, is it you two? Is it? Are you serious, its you?" and then he asked for the lights or something, I cant remember as it all was so surreal and went so fast. He introduced me and my wife (I think he called me Dan the 2nd and 3rd time which is fine as it is my son's name. Hell, he could have called me $hithead and I would have been happy). He had us stand up and waive to the crowd.

I was sporting my best friend Jim's Ed Vedder #10 Phillies Jersey. Jim was sitting row 9 and let me where it once he heard we were planted right infront of Ed. I took off the jersey and showed the crowd and showed Ed. I think he read "VEDDER" #10 on the back. I hope so.

Ed came over and for the first time in my life, I have never been so happy to have another man hug and kiss my wife. He hugged us, kissed her hand, and kept telling us "thank you". I was at a loss and my only response was something like "no Ed, please. Thank you! Thank you for everything you and the band does and impacting our lives in such special ways".

Then he gets back to his guitars and the microphone and offers Wishlist for Deb's bday and dedicates it to her.

Later in the show, he again came over and shook hands, hugged, whatever as he said good-bye to all the fans.

What an amazing night. The absolute best night of my life and will be if I lived 1000 times. This is something I will hold dear to my heart and I am so thankful for everything last night, especially the fact that Ed now knows that his actions as a musician, and artist, and a human echo exponentially across this little thing we call life and my dream of him knowing was met last night and then some if you will.

Thank you Ed. Thank you Pearl Jam. Thank you 10c. Thank you PJ management, security, guitar techs...thank you thank you thank you. What an all encompassing trip. "Its the best life I ever lived".

Kat/Sea/Santos/Tim- if you read this, please let this get back to Ed. I know, I know, more to Ed...please?!

I am sure I am missing some great details and I will edit this if my wife kindly reminds me of anything missing

With that all said, please do go visit http://www.yellowribbonclub.org and if you live in the South Jersey area, please do go attend the next home coming welcome party for a returning soldier. They post the home coming events on the website and a lot of troops are coming home right now so its a great time to attend. If you do go, I promise you will not regret going for an hour of your time. Here is a link to a video (after you get past the 15 second commercial) of a homecoming my son and I attended and it was very powerful to be there:

http://cbs3.com/video/?id=79764@kyw.dayport.com

With that said, I am hoping that the 10c photograher (Kerensa?!) got a picture or two of Ed hugging me and/or my wife since camera and picture taking was banned and therefore there wouldn't be a picture for someone at the show to PM me and provide to of us.

Last, thoughts and prayers to the pregnant woman from last night. I hope you are ok and everything is well. After the show, I overheard that a pregnant woman accidently got elbowed and needed some attention. Please be sound and I hope all is ok.