Options

*** Ed solo Philly 2 Fanviews Here 6/12/09 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
edited June 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
June 12, 2009, Philadelphia, PA, Tower Theatre
Ed solo tour - opening: Liam Finn

Set list (unconfirmed): Walking the Cow, (Brain Damage intro) Sometimes, Trouble, Girl from the North Country, I am Mine, Dead Man, Far Behind, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Rise, Picture in a Frame, State Trooper, Driftin, Hide Your Love Away, Small Town, Porch

Encore: Society, Lukin, Soon Forget, Wishlist, *Unknown Song*, Arc, Hard Sun

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Kat do you know what the "unknown song" is?? Is it a cover or a new song?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Is it possible that we (or the audience rather) just got a song off Backspacer?
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    Kat do you know what the "unknown song" is?? Is it a cover or a new song?

I don't think you're getting an answer anytime soon.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    W O W.

W O W !!!!

Sorry. That's all I can muster right now. Just... WOW.

Good night, Jamily.
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    I was the one disappointed with Philly I.

Philly II was almost perfect. He was sharp, talkative, the sound was great, the crowd was well behaved, great setlist. Wonderful night. I had 4th row for night one and balcony for tonight's show and tonights was way better.

Unknown song was very slow and quiet.

How about Lukin on the UKE!!!????
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    OUTSTANDING although Philly is the biggest dump I have ever traveled too, and I've been to Toledo!
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    UNF***KIN BELIEVABLE. It was so ON tonight. Everything about tonight was right...mind is too full and the smile is sooo big. Thank you Ed, Liam, fans.....goodnight.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    So what was this unknown song? Improv? Good?

Thoughts?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    edited June 2009
    My wife and I ...oh my gosh what a night......we just got home. I have no idea how I am going to sleep. I will try to write our review and share all the magic that happened tonight sometime this weekend when I am back to being calm and collective and able to gather my thoughts..what a night...that was my letter to Ed he discussed and it was my wife's bday tonight....WOW

Thank you ED. I waited half my life to get to say thank you to you and now I need to do it again, for tonight. Thank you! (thanks to everyone else as well- you know who you all are!)

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much...the wifey and i are dehydrated from crying and shaking...

and for anyone who reads this now and doesnt want to wait for my summary this weekend, The website Ed was talking about is http://www.yellowribbonclub.org

Thank you
    -Dave and Deb Silver

Edit: Update, I did a full review found later in this thread
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I suppose my view is skewed based on having such an unreal time last night, and having a total douche-tard seated in front of me tonight. I just didn't feel tonight as much. Set list is a similar length, but tonight felt to be at least 15 minutes shorter. Again, may just be my perception. Still a solid show, and I wouldn't trade the past two nights for anything!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    haha Dave you were the star of the show there. I was just telling my gf about the guy who got the props from ed. Was that your kid who kicked off Hard Sun too? Awesome. You looked triumphant when the spotlight was on you with your arms the air while everyone cheered. Too bad ed didnt take your phillies jersey.

Sounds like a real good cause you started. You deserve the cred there. Ed's a great guy for acknowledging and supporting such causes.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    MayDay10 wrote:
    haha Dave you were the star of the show there. I was just telling my gf about the guy who got the props from ed. Was that your kid who kicked off Hard Sun too? Awesome. You looked triumphant when the spotlight was on you with your arms the air while everyone cheered. Too bad ed didnt take your phillies jersey.

Sounds like a real good cause you started. You deserve the cred there. Ed's a great guy for acknowledging and supporting such causes.

I didnt start the cause..please dont misunderstand. I just started volunteering for the group recently. Its run by all moms and dads of troops and they do all the work. I dont want any credit. The Troops should get the credit for the freedom we have to see Ed!!

It wasnt my daughter. A guy and his family came up during Hard Sun and we let them stand with us there. It was beautful watching Ed's reaction towards the girl.

Ok, my review later, I promise, after little league baseball and all sorts of other stuff tomorrow...again, thank you ED!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Was the unknown song "Echoes"? I seem to have heard ed say that word a couple times throughout.
    awesome slow song...sounded like it could be a radio hit.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    well good for you and thank you for supporting those who pay a price for us. You brought Ed's attention to the cause which will probably be very positive. I will check it out as will others now who otherwise might not have been aware of it.

I cant imagine how insane that must have been for you and your wife.
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    I went upper balcony to my seats way up top,and this guy comes up to me and wife and says do you want a upgrade?He says I work for Eddie he wants me to give you these tickets I get to play santa clause.They were front row almost dead center It was incredible, words can describe how I felt.I thanked this guy a hundred times and I wanted to hug him!!! Igot to give Ed a couple hand shakes, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    MayDay10 wrote:

I didnt start the cause..please dont misunderstand. I just started volunteering for the group recently. Its run by all moms and dads of troops and they do all the work. I dont want any credit. The Troops should get the credit for the freedom we have to see Ed!!

It wasnt my daughter. A guy and his family came up during Hard Sun and we let them stand with us there. It was beautful watching Ed's reaction towards the girl.

Ok, my review later, I promise, after little league baseball and all sorts of other stuff tomorrow...again, thank you ED!!!
    I was sitting on the other side of the stage from you.Love the jersey!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    atomickidcupatomickidcup Posts: 209
    Amazing show... much better than night 1. The song before Arc was fantastic. Ed told the audience to be quiet before he started it. I have no idea what it was called, and I don't think it was a cover (I may be proven wrong). It sounded like it was in it's entirety. They timed it perfectly with stage lights down to lead into Arc. Every song was spot on (one minor guitar flub on DMW) and Ed seemed to really be into the show vs. last night. The insult to his guitar tech "he's an asshole" followed by a big hug before the next song was classic! This has to be in my top 3 shows of all time!!!
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Glad I wasn't the only one who had no clue what the 3rd to last song was. Hopefully it was an original and maybe even off backspacer (though I doubt it). Me likey.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Oh and the reason this show was so short. . . NO FUCK UPS!! Not one! Unbelievable. Stay off the painkillers Ed. He's was so on point without them. My jaw dropped when he got through Guaranteed and every lyric was said and in the correct order believe it or not! It didn't sound right it was so perfect.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    This was one of the best nights I have ever spent with PJ/Eddie. He was way beyond great tonight. My only annoyance you could call it, was this douche sitting next to me who was rollin on E, screaming for Society the whole night. Ahhh what a night
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    saveyou22saveyou22 Posts: 154
    I freaked out when he played that Bob Dylan song, I used to listen to that album none stop. You should check out the version Dylan did with Johnny Cash when Cash had that variety show.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    Are there tapers at these shows?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2009
    :D
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    pjroo33pjroo33 Posts: 31
    pjny12289 wrote:
    This was one of the best nights I have ever spent with PJ/Eddie. He was way beyond great tonight. My only annoyance you could call it, was this douche sitting next to me who was rollin on E, screaming for Society the whole night. Ahhh what a night

You must have been orchestra left QQ. That guy was a total douche!

Amazing show, beginning to end!!!
  • Options
    SM41966SM41966 Posts: 41
    pjroo33 wrote:
    pjny12289 wrote:

You must have been orchestra left QQ. That guy was a total douche!

Amazing show, beginning to end!!!

Hail, Hail QQ!!! I was seat 8 sandwiched between a quiet, respectful twenty-something from NYC, and the Twenty-something “douche” from Philly. Well, as for the “douche,” he must have rubbed my leg four times, while screaming Society…..that must have been the E. Truth is he was harmless, he was no more annoying than the constant screaming of FootSteps and Betterman by others close by, after all it was a concert and sometimes people indulge too much. It was an awesome show, and even QQ seat 6 Society screamer couldn’t put a damper on it!!!!
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 246
    Despite wishing the crowd was a bit quieter, I really enjoyed the show. It did leave me feeling a little slighted as it was over in a flash...... I was excited to here State Trooper for the first time. This is such a gem off of Springsteen's Nebraska. A real treat for me. A few of us were yellin "BRUUUUUUUCE!!!". Those aren't boos you silly PJ fans!

I thought the "new" song was a cover I didn't know. I love Ed droppin new shit at these shows. Makes it that much more special.

The night needed at least one more song. It just felt short, but that was the only thing missing.

Also, Philly crowd is a drunkin mess. I had a coked up couple in front of me in 10c seats. They were the worst fans ever. Tweaking all night, talking over great moments.......

I didn't hear anyone yell out the Phillies score tonight.........Oh, right. They lost.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    Great show! The crowd was great as well. :D
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Sawyer wrote:
    OUTSTANDING although Philly is the biggest dump I have ever traveled too, and I've been to Toledo!

It's our dump... :D
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    Went to both shows, personally thought Night 1 was better just my opinion. I'm more of a PJ fan didn't know how much I would get into Ed solo but it was good. He is a great performer by himself as well. Can't wait for the Spectrum shows?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    phillyfan wrote:
    I went upper balcony to my seats way up top,and this guy comes up to me and wife and says do you want a upgrade?He says I work for Eddie he wants me to give you these tickets I get to play santa clause.They were front row almost dead center It was incredible, words can describe how I felt.I thanked this guy a hundred times and I wanted to hug him!!! Igot to give Ed a couple hand shakes, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    bro, that ricks!!!! Congrats!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest