Options

*** Ed solo Philly 2 Fanviews Here 6/12/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    btw,,,,that "unknown song" was incredible. breath taking. im dying to know what it was. is it rumored to be a new PJ song???

Someone who saw the set list said it was labeled "The End." It sure sounded polished and complete to me, and no one in the crowd recognized it, so it can't be a cover. I'm thinking it's a new PJ song.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    jked3 wrote:
    autumn wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    I went upper balcony to my seats way up top,and this guy comes up to me and wife and says do you want a upgrade?He says I work for Eddie he wants me to give you these tickets I get to play santa clause.They were front row almost dead center It was incredible, words can describe how I felt.I thanked this guy a hundred times and I wanted to hug him!!! Igot to give Ed a couple hand shakes, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Baltimore. I have upper balcony for the show there, it would be an amazing experience and a great story to tell if I were so lucky!
    Philly 1 and 2 were fantastic. I agree that Philly 2 was much tighter, Ed should definitely stay off the painkillers.

Get there about 15-20 min before Liam gets on to have a good chance...Also, I think they are partial to upgrading couples...I told my wife for weeks leading up to this one that we had to get there early and it happened for us last night...good luck!
    It looks like they are doing this for 1st row at all the shows. Think it's cool, but would rather see those go to to tenclub members. 3 that got upgraded in front of me at Albany 2 weren't huge fans.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    shuttdownshuttdown Posts: 81
    I got some messages about my reference to the term "bootleg" in my other post. I was referring to the official bootlegs and not illegal ones. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks.
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Great night! Beautiful show. Sorry to the young miss in front of me for splashing beer on her..(ugh.) :oops:

I met some great people and had an amazing time!

Cant wait for august!! :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    autumn wrote:
    autumn wrote:
    phillyfan wrote:
    I went upper balcony to my seats way up top,and this guy comes up to me and wife and says do you want a upgrade?He says I work for Eddie he wants me to give you these tickets I get to play santa clause.They were front row almost dead center It was incredible, words can describe how I felt.I thanked this guy a hundred times and I wanted to hug him!!! Igot to give Ed a couple hand shakes, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Get there about 15-20 min before Liam gets on to have a good chance...Also, I think they are partial to upgrading couples...I told my wife for weeks leading up to this one that we had to get there early and it happened for us last night...good luck!

Thanks for the tip. My boyfriend and I are going to the show. I will definitely make sure to be there before Liam goes on! Again, fingers crossed!!!! :D

He did the same thing in Montreal 1 last summer. My wife and I were given first row seats, dead center. She was 7 months pregnant with our first girl (after 4 boys, including a set of twins; previous post "Story from a lucky man at Montreal 1). All of the other people in the first row were couples from the last few rows of the balcony. He has a soft heart for young couples.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    London 18/7/2018, London 19/7/2018 :(, Boston 2/9/2018.
    Quebec City 1/9/2022; Ottawa 3/9/2022; Hamilton 6/9/2022, Toronto 8/9/2022.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    ahhh...what a fun night! I enjoyed night 2 over night 1--Eddie looked like he WANTED to be there and seemed to be having a good time. He also sounded wayyyy better, i think.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    Night 2 Ed was more on his game and into the show than night 1. Plus I got to Meet Eddie :D
    Got to say Hi nice to meet you and shake his hand around 4 pm or so. He reaches over me to shake my wife's hand who was trying to get the picture of me shaking his hand. Really cool that he went out of his way and nearly over my shoulder.
    Funny details of the story...We Park the car around 3 and head to waterford for a bite to eat we come out. Jesse had just collected items to get signed. We were like damm we just missed it. SO we wait a few minutes he doesn't come out I say come on let's go catch a movie you shouldn't be out in the heat (Wife is nearly 7 months pregnant so walking around siteseeing in the city with the heat isn't an option.) Wife says wait 2 minutes I think he is about to come off the bus. And boom over he comes.
    So we had just planned to eat, go to the movie theater up the street and head to the show and got a nice little pic from our phones of it. Pretty cool time
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • Options
    Rapunzel64Rapunzel64 Posts: 129
    This was a great show. The crowd behaved well and Eddie seemed to be in a great mood. Thanks, Ed, for letting us into your life for an evening in Philly. We loved it! The sing-alongs, stories, and great music were amazing.

We had great second row seats. Thanks, 10 Club!
  • Options
    footsteps38footsteps38 Posts: 100
    pjroo33 wrote:
    pjny12289 wrote:
    This was one of the best nights I have ever spent with PJ/Eddie. He was way beyond great tonight. My only annoyance you could call it, was this douche sitting next to me who was rollin on E, screaming for Society the whole night. Ahhh what a night

You must have been orchestra left QQ. That guy was a total douche!

Amazing show, beginning to end!!!

Haha,
    I was directly behind him, he was harmless but quickly got annoying. I will admit i might have yelled footsteps 1 or 2 times then some others started to as well. I kind of laughed when i heard the betterman shout but i dont think the crowd was that bad. 2 guys to my left from NY were cool and defenitly leveled out the douche in QQ. Hope everyone had a good time.
    Bob
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500

Haha,
    I was directly behind him, he was harmless but quickly got annoying. I will admit i might have yelled footsteps 1 or 2 times then some others started to as well. I kind of laughed when i heard the betterman shout but i dont think the crowd was that bad. 2 guys to my left from NY were cool and defenitly leveled out the douche in QQ. Hope everyone had a good time.

good to hang with you at the waterford
  • Options
    Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    What a wonderful night!!! The unknown song (before ARC) tore my heart out, I could barely breathe while I was listening to it, had to wipe a tear or two..amazing!! Also enjoyed State Trooper; the white 'Eric Clapton' guitar he used had a stunning sound, really suited to the song. Loved the intro to Lukin on the Uke!! Couldn't have been happier singing along with Hide Your Love Away, Porch and Small Town. So grateful Eddie prepared such a wonderful evening for us..there isn't much better than these shows in my book. I felt so drawn in, so connected. I'll sit back, close my eyes and let the whole thing play over in my head..what a memory!!!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Great night! Beautiful show. Sorry to the young miss in front of me for splashing beer on her..(ugh.) :oops:

9 1/2!!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    This was an amazing show!
    So glad I was lucky enough to be there!!
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    both nights were great, first night seemed more aggressive. alot of "i love you eddie" shout-out crap. also, what the f is with all the cell phone activity? i don't get it AT ALL!!! loved the song line up and story-telling, also.
    tattooedevrything/thesuninsomebodyelse'ssky
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    redvedder wrote:
    This was an amazing show!
    So glad I was lucky enough to be there!!

you're not kidding! Best night of my life!
  • Options

9 1/2!!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I still think you are CRAZY! No such thing was said.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    As others have noted most of the highlights of his stories, the Axes of Evil and the White Guitar primarily, I can only recall a few other gems that he tossed out.

Something like: "I've been on painkillers because, well, because I'm alive!"
    And after saying it was his first drug free show, a wail of "Booooo's" greeted him.
    "No no, I didn't say that YOU couldn't take them...."

And at the end of the Clapton/Guitar story he quickly snuck in a great one:
    "Maybe I'll track down that Japanese guy and he'll have a better story!"
    Which tied in nicely with his little riff at the "end" of Uke-Lukin -- his saying that the uke just didn't have the right feel for that song or something, sounded more like... [eddie plays:] I'm turning Japanese, Oh Yes I'm Turning Japanese I really think so...

I love it when he mimics other people saying his name, it's almost aussie or brit!
    "Eric!"
    "Eddie..."

I would have predicted Elijah would join him on Golden State, didn't want to jinx it, but it was not to be on this night. But man, the new song, THE NEW SONG... Any more scuttle on the new song?!?!?! Is it really new?!!?
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422
    purposely avoided posting till now as I didn't want to dwell in the negative (totally annoying guy in front of me who got others yelling @ him including his friend & guy behind me who talked all the way thru ARC!)

Anyway 1st EV solo show for me & HE IS truly the man. Amazing voice, genuine, enjoys what he does & how he can impact people/change things thru his amazing gift! Thrilled for you Dave & Deborah & yes good karma-what goes around comes around! Great he acknowledged you & what you do. No ones music touches me like EV/PJ! Great songs, great stories! great voice-damn near perfect nite Awesome "unknown song!" Great to be in such a small venue even tho I have yet to be blessed w/good seats-I'll definately keep coming back :D

Love that we can share & relive the moments thru each other too-to all of you that still have shows coming up-hope you all have a f'in great time! Hopin for more PJ/EV soon :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

& oh yes, will definately be visiting YRC-my neighbor just got sent back for 2nd tour Afghanistan-gotta support anyway ya can!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    purposely avoided posting till now as I didn't want to dwell in the negative (totally annoying guy in front of me who got others yelling @ him including his friend & guy behind me who talked all the way thru ARC!)

Anyway 1st EV solo show for me & HE IS truly the man. Amazing voice, genuine, enjoys what he does & how he can impact people/change things thru his amazing gift! Thrilled for you Dave & Deborah & yes good karma-what goes around comes around! Great he acknowledged you & what you do. No ones music touches me like EV/PJ! Great songs, great stories! great voice-damn near perfect nite Awesome "unknown song!" Great to be in such a small venue even tho I have yet to be blessed w/good seats-I'll definately keep coming back :D

Love that we can share & relive the moments thru each other too-to all of you that still have shows coming up-hope you all have a f'in great time! Hopin for more PJ/EV soon :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

& oh yes, will definately be visiting YRC-my neighbor just got sent back for 2nd tour Afghanistan-gotta support anyway ya can!

Thanks Smiley! Your words were very warming to read and thank you for anything you can do for the YRC, whether its a donation or attending a homecoming, or both. The power of the course of events that have taken place is so beautiful, it is making lots of people full of hope (they got some now cause they needed it!)

Looking forward to seeing you and others say maybe at a pre party wishlist fund raiser may be this October prior to a concert?! That would be another great chain of events to unfold...
  • Options
    For those who have seen eddie solo before, was that not the best most solid ev porch??? stll gives me chills just thinking about........was intense
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Hmm, don't recall Porch standing out (this is my 4th show) -- just sad that we were AT Porch. Other shows he really piston-pumps his arm but rarely striking the chords, teasing, don't recall the hilarity of that at Philly. But overall, yes, I'll tip my hat that his first drug-free show was tight, clear, VERY few mistakes. While I was sad it seemed so FAST, my overall impression was more that it was TIGHT.

As I look at the setlist thinking about the songs, look over my notes scribbled in the hotel room and on the plane, more thoughts trickle back.

The Brain Damage intro to Sometimes is sublime. Pee'd my pants. As Eddie would say to Sean Penn, he really invested himself into his role, his voice so affected, like the line of crazy mary, "... through the field, into the house ... of Mary." His whisper/growl just amazing and chilling. Really set the tone for Sometimes, for Trouble, for the whole show. i REALLY dug that, probably my favorite part. So glad I hadn't checked prior setlists and got the surpise/shock of that!

Far Behind -- this song was extended a bit, not sure if he's always done it, but he added in a bit of a jam during the bridge, before he sings "subtle voices in the wind..." A bit of the jam I LOVED from Millworker (and miss, probably my biggest dissapointment - no Millworker jam).

But ah god, State Trooper. If you're not a fan of his falsetto, fugetaboutit. But oh my, as he revs that song up to finale, his howls at the end where another highlight for me. That cover was awesome, fit in so well, really made it his own and just crescendos into his Arc/Wolf howls -- I thought that finish was more spine-tingly hair-raising than ARC (yeah, I went there).

Girl from the North Country was a great add too. While I would have loved to hear so many songs, Patriot in Philly, Masters of War, You're True, I'm Open, Don't Be Shy, Sing Out, Throw Your Arms, Golden State and on and on and on -- You Can't Always Get What You Want, but You Get What You Need: Sometimes, Wishlist, Small Town. Really needed to hear those... And I love the cause, respect Eddie, but thank God - no more No More (omg, I went there again). Don't mind hearing so many songs over and over, but that one just never worked for me -- yeah, I was at the fatal Berkeley 1 for that and it's how I always hear it now. Great to still see Thomas in the program though.

And for as quick and tight and overall not some jaw-dropper of a setlist, no special guests, I think we'll look back at Philly 2 for maybe one thing.

The Unknown Song -- I think that was the Philly II Special Special. It was hauntingly familiar, a song of a couple making plans for the future, a couple together enjoying their time, echoes from the past or some kind of not taking things for granted and a realization that The End of that would come (or had come). I look forward to hearing that one again -- it wasn't some throw-away diddy about the city, or a team, something off the top of his head. He was clear and somber and unwrapped this for us. This thing cut deep, and I think we'll be hearing from it again.

And it kinda seems like WE heard it first!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    tryan21tryan21 Posts: 49
    Any one have a quality picture of the Marquee from this show, they could email me?

If so please PM me. Thanks
  • Options
    tryan21 wrote:
    Any one have a quality picture of the Marquee from this show, they could email me?

yep, i think i can help. PM sent
  • Options
    MF284586MF284586 Posts: 6
    I handwrote a letter to Eddie thanking him for this show. Never mailed it b/c I felt like a weirdo. I never even wrote a fan letter in my life before this experience. However, after reading all these posts, I feel better knowing that others shared my experience that night. It was an absolutely amazing night. Eddie's been in my life for 20 years via PJ, etc. So many parallels. In some ways he is closer to me than my own family. He doesn't know that, and I'm okay w/that as many of his fans are. I am just grateful for his contributions and I am happy to see him grow as I do as I get older. I'm sure many of his die hards feel the same.

At the concert, we were 10th row aisle. Got up front at the end. The whole concert is something I will never forget my whole life. He touched so many that night. I hope he knows that. He has inspired so many to do more, do better. B/c of him, my daughters and I are volunteering more. I find it amusing...even his crazy frat boy fans are inspired in their own unaware way. He moves people.

Thank you Eddie. Thank You 10c, thank you, thank you, thank you...until next time.
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    This was my second ed show. I went to Santa Cruz which was rather amazing. The atmostphere and the show was just great. I had tickets to go see ed in NYC but had to skip it cause I was really sick. Seeing this show made up for missing the NYC show. The setllist for me, filled in what I missed in NYC. As far as solid shows, Ed was pretty much on top for this one.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options

I won't deny the possibility of me being crazy... But I'm quite sure that was said, along with countless other indiscretions ;)

As for the day itself, I have to say it was quite awesome. I had a great time and met a lot of new people and it all centered around EV... Thanks!

For the show itself... I have to say this has been my favorite out of the many EV shows I went to simply for the company I kept! Miggy you're amazing and I'm so happy we were able to share that show and such a great time together... Singing, screaming and dancing with you is simply the best it gets (and drinking :P )... And I'm in full anticipation for Toronto and the shennangins we'll get ourselves into there! (I swear 9 1/2 was the # of the night!)

EDIT: I wanted to add that I had feared my reaction to that day long in advance.... Since it was 10 months to the damn day since Massey Hall... But I couldn't of shared it with a better Canadian in my book! Thanks Miggy for changing my preception of separated Canadians with 2 kids! LOL!
  • Options

I won't deny the possibility of me being crazy... But I'm quite sure that was said, along with countless other indiscretions ;)

As for the day itself, I have to say it was quite awesome. I had a great time and met a lot of new people and it all centered around EV... Thanks!

For the show itself... I have to say this has been my favorite out of the many EV shows I went to simply for the company I kept! Miggy you're amazing and I'm so happy we were able to share that show and such a great time together... Singing, screaming and dancing with you is simply the best it gets (and drinking :P )... And I'm in full anticipation for Toronto and the shennangins we'll get ourselves into there! (I swear 9 1/2 was the # of the night!)

EDIT: I wanted to add that I had feared my reaction to that day long in advance.... Since it was 10 months to the damn day since Massey Hall... But I couldn't of shared it with a better Canadian in my book! Thanks Miggy for changing my preception of separated Canadians with 2 kids! LOL!

You are the sweetest!

I head the South Western Ontario chapter of "Pearl Jam fans who are Seperated w/ 2 kids" (we meet biweekly) :D

CANT WAIT TILL AUGUST!!!
  • Options

You are the sweetest!

I head the South Western Ontario chapter of "Pearl Jam fans who are Seperated w/ 2 kids" (we meet biweekly) :D

CANT WAIT TILL AUGUST!!!
    hmmm... the "other" Canadian would also be apart of that chapter too.... :|
    Can you put up with me at the end of July for FREEDOM TOUR??? :D
  • Options
    tryan21 wrote:

Dave-was it you who had one to email? I'd really love one 2! marquee looked awesome but my daughter couldn't get good shot. PM if ya can & thanks! Still can't listen to anything but PJ/EV-that always happens to me after a great show!

Thanks again-Cindy (aka mrs smiley)
    :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    Hey-know this is probably stupid ? but... does anyone have a spare of the baseball style jersey they'd wanna sell? Saw pic of Albany one & couldn't wait to get one in Philly. Turns out they sold out early nite 1 & I didn't even get there till next nite! :(
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20