Dear Mosh Pitters...

CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Dear Mosh Pitters,
I know how powerful and moving music can be to the soul... and its power to energize the body... stimulate the mind... especially when experienced live.
But, please be mindful... it is not 1991 anymore. You shoulda been there. I'm sorry if you were only 2 years old in '91 and missed out... that's your fault, not ours. And I'm sorry if you were one of those idiots who were buying and listening to M.C. Hammer or dressing like Vanilla Ice in '91... and are in your fucking 30s now and trying you get your licks in, in order to mentally erase your embarassing past by pretending you were 'Grunge' (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) by moshing in 2009... but, seriously... you need to stop.
Mosh Pits are to Concerts as Human Waves are to Baseball games... Lame and past it's time. That coin was spent a long time ago. Come up with something new, instead of trying to do what we used to do... all those yeas ago. I know, it is not easy... thinking is hard for you, huh? But just try... come up with something new... I believe in you.
Now... if you STILL feel the need to Mosh at a concerts... there are several bands out there with fans in the same mental state as you. I heard Blink-182 is re-forming. That is your crowd. You can play your homo-erotica games of 'Grab Man-Ass' and 'Slap and Tackle' all you want with all the other males who share your latent homosexual feelings at those gigs... and really... the rest of us don't care. We WANT you to have fun... but, not at our expense. This is why God invented 'Fall-out Boy'... just for you.
In closing... when you are that close to the stage next time... try to look towards the stage and pay attention to what is going on up THERE. There are some pretty interesting things going on up there... things you DON'T get to see everyday. I'm betting you have missed some pretty amazing shows, while you were out there, cluster fucking with other dudes. You can still rock out and express yourself physically... like the rest of us... without drawing attention to yourself so we can se how 'hard core' you are. We get it... you're 'Hard core, man'. Try it next time... watching the band, that is. I think you'll like it.
Respectfully yours...
cosmo
Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
Hail, Hail!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Yea so what if I was listening to MC Hammer...I was 7!

lol

I hate the idea of mosh pits in general.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Thought moshing was prohibited in venues anyway?

DC 06 they had signs up everywhere.
    No moshing.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Alright, stop!

Collaborate and listen!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    by the way, is crowd surfing/moshing allowed in the O2 Arena...probably a dumb question but I don't know the answer!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Who moshes to PJ anyway? Haven't seen that in a long time at a PJ show- especially with chairs on the floor
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    Totally agree!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    yeerah a pit is grand aslong as its contained and people are only involved if they want to be involved, some of the pits for leash in dublin were class i must say my self, but i do understand if its not your thing
    Cosmo wrote:
    Dear Mosh Pitters,
    I'm sorry if you were only 2 years old in '91 and missed out... that's your fault, not ours.

its not really our fault, its not like we chose to be born then, just because your getting on and have already had your kicks doesnt mean we cant now!
    LukinFan wrote:
    Who moshes to PJ anyway? Haven't seen that in a long time at a PJ show- especially with chairs on the floor

i know right....

hehehe PBM

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Yea so what if I was listening to MC Hammer...I was 7!

lol

I hate the idea of mosh pits in general.

yea i was 8
    you are angry cosmo
    i like it
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    MEGATRON wrote:
    you are angry cosmo. i like it

Now, if only there were some sort of circle to form to get our aggression out.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Go to a Lamb of God concert and thrash if you’re angry.

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Go to a Lamb of God concert and thrash if you’re angry.
    there you go! :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    moshing is silly ... but, I can deal with a crowded, high enrgy moving about more than I can deal with the people that come to the show 15 minutes after it has started and feel it's their God given right to be up front, and have zero regrets for who they step on, shove, elbow and move in front of.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cosmo wrote:
    Dear Mosh Pitters,
    I know how powerful and moving music can be to the soul... and its power to energize the body... stimulate the mind... especially when experienced live.
    But, please be mindful... it is not 1991 anymore. You shoulda been there. I'm sorry if you were only 2 years old in '91 and missed out... that's your fault, not ours. And I'm sorry if you were one of those idiots who were buying and listening to M.C. Hammer or dressing like Vanilla Ice in '91... and are in your fucking 30s now and trying you get your licks in, in order to mentally erase your embarassing past by pretending you were 'Grunge' (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) by moshing in 2009... but, seriously... you need to stop.
    Mosh Pits are to Concerts as Human Waves are to Baseball games... Lame and past it's time. That coin was spent a long time ago. Come up with something new, instead of trying to do what we used to do... all those yeas ago. I know, it is not easy... thinking is hard for you, huh? But just try... come up with something new... I believe in you.
    Now... if you STILL feel the need to Mosh at a concerts... there are several bands out there with fans in the same mental state as you. I heard Blink-182 is re-forming. That is your crowd. You can play your homo-erotica games of 'Grab Man-Ass' and 'Slap and Tackle' all you want with all the other males who share your latent homosexual feelings at those gigs... and really... the rest of us don't care. We WANT you to have fun... but, not at our expense. This is why God invented 'Fall-out Boy'... just for you.
    In closing... when you are that close to the stage next time... try to look towards the stage and pay attention to what is going on up THERE. There are some pretty interesting things going on up there... things you DON'T get to see everyday. I'm betting you have missed some pretty amazing shows, while you were out there, cluster fucking with other dudes. You can still rock out and express yourself physically... like the rest of us... without drawing attention to yourself so we can se how 'hard core' you are. We get it... you're 'Hard core, man'. Try it next time... watching the band, that is. I think you'll like it.
    Respectfully yours...
    cosmo

do you realize how old and out of touch you are? if you can't handle the crowd at a show then stand in the back with the other old men. it's arrogant and obnoxious to try and tell people what to do at concerts.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I always thought PJ shows have the better crowds...
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    no more my fault for being 3 in '91 than it is yours for being too fuckin old to survive a mosh now :lol:

theres definitely still shows that benefit from the mosh... ive seen NIN and Rage... both with 1 moshing and 1 without... and the moshing definitely elevates the experience... not stupid careless moshing... but a nice physical crowd

that said, PJ is no longer a moshing show in general... had fun with the heavy songs at lolla though
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I'm not angry... really. i just think there are some thing you kids need to come up with on your own. I mean, I hear all this, 'You're old, Cosmo' or 'You've done it, Cosmo'... yeah, you're right, I am old and I've done it all. But how lame are you if you are still doing thing that us lame old people came up with... 18 years ago? I mean, do you still try to get a Wave going at a football game?
    Come up with something new, already. Or actually watch the band you've paid good money to SEE.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • saveyou22saveyou22 Posts: 154
    moshing at shows is as lame as sitting the whole time.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Cosmo wrote:
    Dear Mosh Pitters,
    Respectfully yours...
    cosmo

do you realize how old and out of touch you are? if you can't handle the crowd at a show then stand in the back with the other old men. it's arrogant and obnoxious to try and tell people what to do at concerts.

Tell it to your mom when she drops you off at the show in her station wagon, son. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    edited June 2009
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm not angry... really. i just think there are some thing you kids need to come up with on your own. I mean, I hear all this, 'You're old, Cosmo' or 'You've done it, Cosmo'... yeah, you're right, I am old and I've done it all. But how lame are you if you are still doing thing that us lame old people came up with... 18 years ago? I mean, do you still try to get a Wave going at a football game?
    Come up with something new, already. Or actually watch the band you've paid good money to SEE.
    your generation invented moshing? seems like a pretty natural response for a crowd full of excited youths... i mean pearl jam is the nostalgic 90's band... it makes more sense for me to mosh at the 90's band's concert full of cool 90's music instead of at something young and hip like fall out boy... afterall we have the 90's to thank for moshing and pearl jam... thank you 90's... us youngster today just want to play our xboxes and surf our internets :roll:

how is it not possible to watch the show AND mosh?... better than the old folks watching shows through a camera

i guess my idea of moshing excludes the knucklehead korn fans that just form a circle and ram eachother
    Post edited by Kilgore_Trout on
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Cosmo wrote:
    Dear Mosh Pitters,
    Respectfully yours...
    cosmo

Tell it to your mom when she drops you off at the show in her station wagon, son. ;)

how about i park my car by your minivan you drove in from the suburbs?
  • Cosmo wrote:

well. moshing wasn't invented in the 90s. go check out some early 80s punk videos and you'll notice they were doing it back then.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i moshed when it was called slam dancing and it was 1983...but what you kids do is kinda cute

I can't go to the show. I've got a pretty big Saturday planned. Have to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look at wallpaper. Might go to Home Depot. I don't know if we'll have time.

I can't go to the show. I've got a pretty big Saturday planned. Have to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look at wallpaper. Might go to Home Depot. I don't know if we'll have time.

you should go to target...you can EVERYTHING there! :)
    this thread is a hoot! thanks for the laugh. :mrgreen:

norm wrote:

"Got Some" should be the Target commercial.

Toilet paper!

"I got some if you need it."

Milky Way candy bars!

Decorative candles!

"Got some if you neeeeeed it!"
    norm wrote:

"Got Some" should be the Target commercial.

Toilet paper!

Milky Way candy bars!

Decorative candles!

"Got some if you neeeeeed it!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • knowkodesknowkodes Posts: 119
    Some of my favorite moshing songs: lowlight, immortality, and especially betterman
    * New Orleans-1995* Randall's Island-Sep 28,29 1996* Phoenix 1998* Las Vegas 1998* Los Angeles 1998* Blockbuster Center-Aug 28,29 1998* Continental Arena-1998* MSG- Sep 10,11 1998* Jones Beach -Aug 23,24,25 2000* E-Centre 2000* Nassau Coliseum 2003* Tweeter Center 2003* MSG-Jul 08,09 2003* PNC 2003* Reading, PA 2004* PNC 2005* Camden 2006* Meadwlands-2006* Continental Arena 2006* MSG-Jun 24,25 2008* Dodge Music Center 2008* Tweeter Center 2008* Phil.-Oct 28,30 2009* Hartford-2010* The Prudential Center-2010

knowkodes wrote:
    Some of my favorite moshing songs: lowlight, immortality, and especially betterman

And also, I'm going to play Betterman at my wedding!