Options

*** Belfast Fanviews Here 6/23/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    What a flipping set list. And the crowd - so great, I had such a good spot all night, surrounded by cool people, no douchebags! Hello Pat et al, you guys rock.

Sometimes, Tremor Christ, Low Light, No Way, Insignificance, Present Tense, Daughter! AH!

Then SOLAT which was the first time for me, and the really touching Wasted Reprise from Ed/Boom and Betterman. Now in my Dublin response I said that show had the full SIFL tag, perhaps it was Belfast, I can't remember now.

The whole happy birthday Brendan thing was so funny and they really did treat us with a reward with Jeremy. Amazing, just so great.

My words are rubbish, but it was just one of those shows that gives you an especially amazing high afterwards - and you could really tell the band were feeling the same at the end. Jeff and Stone, you are too flipping cool.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Plankton wrote:
    What a flipping set list. And the crowd - so great, I had such a good spot all night, surrounded by cool people, no douchebags! Hello Pat et al, you guys rock.

Sometimes, Tremor Christ, Low Light, No Way, Insignificance, Present Tense, Daughter! AH!

Then SOLAT which was the first time for me, and the really touching Wasted Reprise from Ed/Boom and Betterman. Now in my Dublin response I said that show had the full SIFL tag, perhaps it was Belfast, I can't remember now.

The whole happy birthday Brendan thing was so funny and they really did treat us with a reward with Jeremy. Amazing, just so great.

My words are rubbish, but it was just one of those shows that gives you an especially amazing high afterwards - and you could really tell the band were feeling the same at the end. Jeff and Stone, you are too flipping cool.

The SIFL was Belfast ... I know as it caused a very unmanly scream from someone who will remain nameless who was stood behind me :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    Matt Cameron's drumstick I caught at the Belfast gig. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Drum2a.jpg

Drum1a.jpg

Drum3a.jpg
  • Options
    Officially lost all finger nails in anticipation of the bootleg of this show! Such an epic, even by PJ standards! Hell of a second encore too! Big (overdue) shout out to steve and chris! What awesome people Belfast has, spent the day going around the bars of the city, every place I went to had the most amazing, friendly people of any place I've been to! We got to get another PJ show in this town!
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Best PJ gig yet. Didn't think anything could better first night at Wembley in 2000. But Belfast was the bollocks.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Officially lost all finger nails in anticipation of the bootleg of this show! Such an epic, even by PJ standards! Hell of a second encore too! Big (overdue) shout out to steve and chris! What awesome people Belfast has, spent the day going around the bars of the city, every place I went to had the most amazing, friendly people of any place I've been to! We got to get another PJ show in this town!

exactly my feelings and thoughts - PJ shud do gigs only in small towns! :) wherever you go you ll meet a friend!
    loved that in belfast!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Paradajzar wrote:
    For me too, Dublin was already perfect.....but Belfast probably even better.....i was so close to the stage...crassssyyy

the only bad thing was.....so many retards that wanted to squeeze in infront of us(as it was already packed).....with beers spilling .....

but one guy topped it all....i couldnt belive it.....he came out of nowhere...stand just on my left...with a beer, completly drunk....I guess he didnt even know any PJ songs.....he just screamed few times.....bettermaaaaaaaaan.......he was making me so fucking nervous......and then it happened....just felt something is spilling on my leg....i looked at the guy, if he is spilling his beer, but the beer looked ok....and then i see, mofo is pissing on my feet and shoes.....I wanted to kick him....but i just screamed at him, and then he ran away......I wish we dont have such jerks in the crowd.....wtf is the point getting to front row if you dont know the band?????

But ok...i dont care.....belfast was insane....

cheers

... and now i know your avatar, Damir ! :) greetings from sunny Prague, my train belfast-dublin neighbour! :)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    I was near the front at Belfast. Good crowd, a lot more polite then the Dublin crowd where there were quite a few 'rude' people. Anyway. At the 2nd encore I turned to my left and i was stood next to a guy who I met in poland 2007. Small world sometimes.
  • Options
    I was near the front at Belfast. Good crowd, a lot more polite then the Dublin crowd where there were quite a few 'rude' people. Anyway. At the 2nd encore I turned to my left and i was stood next to a guy who I met in poland 2007. Small world sometimes.

:) indeed. its somehow a PJ show/tour habit meeting someone who you would not really expect to meet... so many stories like this happening to me...

wish ive knew everyone by names.... if the nice lady from S.F. - who we got out of their seat on the dublin-belfast train and then met again after the belfast show when i was looking for someone with a lighter - is reading this, pls PM. :)

TSK
  • Options
    DRS_PJ1DRS_PJ1 Posts: 39
    What a show!

Absolute highlight has to be the Jeremy/Leash combo. I thought I'd get to hear leash last year at the London O2 but it didn't happen. Just before they came out to do this encore I said to my friend I'd love to hear them play Jeremy (this was my 4th show but 1st time I heard it!) and Leash - to get them back to back was just incredible!

It was good to see a younger crowd than the last two PJ gigs I've been to in London and they seemed to lap up the new songs. It was quite funny to go mental to SOLAT with not that many around seeming to know the song.

I'd probably give that gig a tie with my first (Leeds Festival '06). London at the O2 would probably be on par but I was right at the back for that one.

The tag of Save It For Later was ace too. Don't think I knew the song although it sounded familiar. Nothing can top It's O.K. at Leeds though!

Amongst The Waves was ace too - congrats to the happy couple!
  • Options
    ParadajzarParadajzar Posts: 435
    Ah hello hello,

Yes yes...its a crasssy Taxi driver from Dubai:)))))) So funny.....

Ej, was nice to meet you.....hope you enjoyed BErlin as well.........cheers from Slovenia;)

alesek wrote:
    Paradajzar wrote:
    For me too, Dublin was already perfect.....but Belfast probably even better.....i was so close to the stage...crassssyyy

the only bad thing was.....so many retards that wanted to squeeze in infront of us(as it was already packed).....with beers spilling .....

but one guy topped it all....i couldnt belive it.....he came out of nowhere...stand just on my left...with a beer, completly drunk....I guess he didnt even know any PJ songs.....he just screamed few times.....bettermaaaaaaaaan.......he was making me so fucking nervous......and then it happened....just felt something is spilling on my leg....i looked at the guy, if he is spilling his beer, but the beer looked ok....and then i see, mofo is pissing on my feet and shoes.....I wanted to kick him....but i just screamed at him, and then he ran away......I wish we dont have such jerks in the crowd.....wtf is the point getting to front row if you dont know the band?????

But ok...i dont care.....belfast was insane....

cheers

... and now i know your avatar, Damir ! :) greetings from sunny Prague, my train belfast-dublin neighbour! :)
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    Is this bootleg ever gonna come out :cry:

As someone once said "The waiting drove me mad"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    Is this bootleg ever gonna come out :cry:

As someone once said "The waiting drove me mad"
    soon,,must come back with all crew stuff,miced make copies...a few weeks.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    Sign "noted" in Dublin. Song delivered in Belfast. Of all the places on this Earth, who knew Belfast would be the one...
    Got the setlist and got a chance to shake FRONTMAN's hand afterwards. Priceless is what it was...
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Sign "noted" in Dublin. Song delivered in Belfast. Of all the places on this Earth, who knew Belfast would be the one...
    Got the setlist and got a chance to shake FRONTMAN's hand afterwards. Priceless is what it was...
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    So this is what it's like to walk into a show and try to spot friends by picking out the one with the strangely coloured hair. Cheers Jenny!

Don't remember the show much. I'm more stoked that Aussies got a win over Serbia and thus got more points than New Zealand and Italy and France. And good on the Germans who stayed behind to watch their game too, heading in only when the game was over :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    So this is what it's like to walk into a show and try to spot friends by picking out the one with the strangely coloured hair. Cheers Jenny!

Don't remember the show much. I'm more stoked that Aussies got a win over Serbia and thus got more points than New Zealand and Italy and France. And good on the Germans who stayed behind to watch their game too, heading in only when the game was over :)
    I was with Fi,Charlene,Omberta and Barbs...and remember the whole crazy dance and fun....lol...i love rockin with those girls!!!!! :)
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    I invited Ed to the wedding through his Twitter page :D
    FRONTMAN has a Twitter page? Well, I'll be damned! Not even the last person I'd imagine to have a Twitter page. Good on Cardy couple though :)
    twitter, eh ?

i've just thought of the 5 tracks i'd love to hear PJ play and now have a cunning plan to get them played... unfortunately i think one or two other people might have the same idea...

i don't think that's going to work again... :D;)

congrats!!
    Thanks.
    I think friends were pestering them too trying to get messages to the band. :lol:
    Whatever it was, it worked and made our wedding day even more special.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780

:D i second that haha - glad you and the rest of the pearl jam posse enjoyed your time in my hometown - cheers :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Just listening to the gig again now - omg so good.
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    RifleSmile wrote:
    Just listening to the gig again now - omg so good.

1+
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    h17drxh17drx Posts: 1
    listening again on PJ Radio...ah..the memories...brilliant gig!!!
    Stay Free
    Stay Free, h17drx
  • Options
    TopBombingTopBombing Posts: 18
    Bringing back a lot of great memories, what a gig.

• Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    The boots are up!
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Dirty FranDirty Fran Posts: 22
    Just ordered mine....
  • Options
    Whose request was No Way?

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Whose request was No Way?
  • Options
    Got the CD bootleg today and it sounds fu**ing awesome. Much better than the US 2010 boots
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Got the CD bootleg today and it sounds fu**ing awesome. Much better than the US 2010 boots
    :) is the best bootleg.from backspacer tour!!!!!u know why?cos it was the best show of this tour!!!
  • Options
    :) is the best bootleg.from backspacer tour!!!!!u know why?cos it was the best show of this tour!!!

+ Berlin :)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene