OFFICIAL Columbus pre-show party information!

Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
edited July 2010 in The Porch
First, a few notes. The pre-show party is all ages. However, anyone wishing to return to Garage Bar after the show MUST be 21 or older. This is Garage Bar's rule, and there are no exceptions. If you are under 21 and wish to hang out after the show, I would suggest either O'Shaughnessy's Pub, Buca di Beppo, or Gordon Biersch. Buca di Beppo normally closes at 10 PM on a Thursday night, but many places stay open later on event nights. All three places are very easy to get to from the Front Street entrance/exit of Nationwide Arena.

There are many other bars and restaurants in the area that admit under 21's after the show.

(I don't know why, but it's a big deal to me. I remember being under 21 and being locked out of a lot of places.)

The Ohio drinking age is 21. Please respect this. If you get caught, it only means trouble for the bars and you. If you turn 21 on the show date, you're fine. If you turn 21 the next day, the bars may be able to serve you at 12:01 AM, depending on their preference.'

Views from walking from Garage Bar to Nationwide Arena

To get to the venue, walk east, PAST School Street. Just before you'd cross Front Street, look to the right. Go between the two buildings you see in the distance. There is a ramp to the left of the stairs.

Eventually, you'll make your way to a bridge. Walk across the bridge. At the other end, there are stairs. Go down the stairs, or use the elevator on the right. (It's on the left in the satellite view.)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 01982&z=19

Continue walking in a straight line, past the buildings.

Eventually, everything opens up, and you'll see the arena doors on the right.

Here's where things get a bit tricky. There is a ticket window where the building "cuts in", but the Will Call is at the bottom of Nationwide Blvd. It's a bit of a hill, so follow the arena around, and down the hill of Nationwide Blvd.

There usually are staff members hanging out on the plaza if you get confused.

Hopefully, if a bunch of leave about 6:30, we can all walk as a group in order to simplify things.

VIew from bottom of Nationwide Blvd hill. The normal will call window is on the left, kind of in the back. There's usually a bunch of people there (and at the other doors) that you can ask for directions.

And now...on with the juicy details that we've been waiting a LONG, LONG time to announce.

Ticket & Concert Times:
* Doors will open approximately 6:30 PM ET. Showtime for opening act is 7:30 PM ET
* 10 Club box office at Nationwide Arena will open at: 3 PM ET.
* The regular box office should open around 10 AM
* Ticket distribution will end approximately at 9:15pm.

Date:
Thursday, May 6, 2010

Times:
10 AM -- The regular box office should open around this time.
1 PM -- If you have something to donate to the auction or raffle, this is when you'll want to be at Garage Bar. If you want to help set up, come at this time.
2 PM -- Official start of Wishlist party
3 PM -- 10 Club box office opens
6 PM -- Raffle is conducted and the auction closes
6:30 -- Official end of pre-party, however you can stay later if you desire.
7:30 -- Band of Horses takes the stage
9:15 -- 10 Club ticket window closes

Address:
147 Vine Street
Columbus, OH

Beneficiary:
Central Ohio Crime Stoppers and the Brian Shaffer Reward Fund. More information can be found at http://www.findbrianshaffer.com

Fundraiser Raffle/Auction Items:
To be announced on here and the official thread in the Pearl Jam Message Pit!
Donate items now! And post what you're donating, so we know what to expect. Show up with the stuff at 1 PM at Garage Bar and you'll be fine.
imalive wrote:
So can we get a list going of donations for the auction/raffle? Anyone bringing anything?

this: http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Me-Sick-pow ... 995&sr=8-1

and/or this: http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Through-Lan ... 167&sr=1-4

Raffle Ticket Donations:
3 tickets for $5
8 tickets for $10

We love and accept cash the most, though we will also accept check/PayPal donations with proper contact information and legal identification for auction items that can get spendy.

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please post the item description(s) here and bring it with you to the pre-party. There we will collect your name & info so we can provide you with a tax receipt. No bootleg items, please.

Charity Drive:
We REALLY would love things that CANNOT be bought with foodstamps such as toilet paper, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. However, a can of non-perishable food is ok as well. Donations will go to Neighborhood Services Inc. For each item you bring in you will receive one free raffle ticket!!

Because we have such a need for these "bathroom items," you will get TWO raffle tickets PER "bathroom item" you bring in.

More information on Neighborhood Services Inc can found at: http://www.nsicolumbus.com/

Semi-unofficial/official guest list. And bring more friends along!
absolutcilly
airblue1
All Those Yesterdays
Backspacer_Backer
bhigh901
Be_A_Star
beak
behindtheeyes
Black73 (+3)
BrianG (+1)
BrinkofForever
CC279770
chrisk2361 (+3)
cifrancgx
CP5477
DEReam13
Dirty Tom
DreamofAngels (+1)
DS114969
Elbereth84
EvenInHisYouth
giventolisten
gndcd402
griz333
hbk3166
hbudjr
he.who.forgets (+1)
hollyster70 (+2)
HoosierJam (+1)
giventolisten (+1)
gndcd402 (+1)
GTFLYGIRL
imalive (+1)
IndySarah
Inside_Job_IN (+1)
Isaac
know 1
Ledbetterdays
legates54
loadedgun
Lost In Ohio (+1)
LukinTimer
MA165633 (+2)
ManOftheHr
marcPJfan
mickeyrat (+1)
Motown322 (+3)
ms. wes c.addle (+1)
nbakyfan (+1)
NeilJam (+1)
ninjadave (+1)
nothingfeelsgood (+1)
originalpjkitten
patrickredeyes
PJGARDEN
pjwingman
pumpkinhead
releeseme (+1)
RiotAct10
Satans Red Mosquito
Shadow
shaneham
shiningstar
silver39 (+5)
sigh eternally (+1)
SweetAndLow (+1 to +3)
The Akkus
thunderDAN
trking97
Tully305
UmphreysJam34
UpSideDown
vedpunk (+2)
Writingjunkie (+1)
yooperpj (+1)
zeke thomas
100 pacer
2003Tar Heel PJ Fan (+1)

Finally....more info posted as it becomes known. And join the facebook event!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=115823875110109

Of course, we'll try our best to answer all questions
Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EvenInHisYouthEvenInHisYouth Posts: 303
    edited April 2010
    I was just at Garage Bar last week, great news!

The whole time they had it on the"Lithium" XM station, all great 90's rock.

They played Not for you, it must have been a sign.

Also, you can add like +5 to my name.
    Post edited by EvenInHisYouth on
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    Put the deutschlander "Elbereth84" on the list I will be hauling her ass there :P
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    GREAT JOB, Peter! I am going to dig through my vinyl and see if I still have that extra Riot Act LP..was saving it for something special. Even though I can't be there to participate, I will DEF be there in spirit..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Elbereth84Elbereth84 Posts: 253
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Put the deutschlander "Elbereth84" on the list I will be hauling her ass there :P

Awww that's me ... YAY! :)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    And please join the facebook group!
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 109&ref=ts

Once again, if you missed it... we are doing a charitable drive. We would really like "things for the bathroom" such as deodorant, toothpaste, toilet paper, toothbrushes, etc. If you insist on bringing a food item, that's perfectly fine as well.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    ROCK ON!!!!!!

And about fucking time!!!! :mrgreen::lol:

Thanks for all your hard work and the silent partners as well. Look forward to seeing you all there!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Trust me, I know you were all frustrated..as was I. We thought we had a place lined up, but basically, they wanted to run things on a tighter schedule. This would have meant a lot less time for the fundraiser, meaning less money raised. Boo!

But we did find an all-ages place that is willing to have a long party, so at the end...we all win, even if the marathon took a little longer than expected.

I just hope the Garage Bar can play MFC and Rearviewmirror...yuck yuck. ;)
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    edited April 2010
    I'll be there... and so will mnpjgrrl
    :)

Edit: I also have a spare pair of 10C tickets #268xxx available for the show...face value obviously.. PM me if you're interested.
    Post edited by Arcticangel on
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Talk about being super close to the arena. Definetely within crawling distance!
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Awesome that you nailed something down. Thanks for all your hard work. I'll be there....hopefully, with something for the raffle. last summer kind of cleaned me out. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    from the Garage website:

"cheap drinks" :thumbup:

"HUGE patio" :thumbup:

:mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    http://www.thegaragebar.net/columbus/menu.html

Like all bar websites, this could be a partial menu or out-of-date, but hopefully, it gives an idea:

Spring Menu:

FROM THE SMOKER
    RIBS
    (3) Ribs with side $7
    1/2 Slab (6) Ribs with side $12
    Full Slab (12) Ribs with side $18

SMOKED AND GRILLED CHICKEN
    WINGS $7
    PULLED PORK SANDWICH $6

THE REST OF THE STORY
    HOUSE SALAD $6
    (Add chicken for an extra $1)
    HOMEMADE CHILI $3
    VEGGIE EGG ROLLS $7
    SIDES $2

FROM THE GRILL
    BLACK ANGUS BURGER $6
    GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH $6
    GRILLED QUESADILLAS $7
    (Add chicken/pork for an extra $1)
    BRATWURST $3
    ALL BEEF CHILI DOG $3
    ALL BEEF HOT DOG $2

And yes, it IS within walking distance of most of the area hotels. It may be a bit of a hike, but you can do it. I may have already mentioned this, but if you are driving in and going straight to the pre-show party, there are a TON of surface lots in the area where you can pay either the attendant or "at the box", then you'll be able to go straight to the venue without moving your car.

Photos!
    You gotta love those Ohio prices!!! :mrgreen:

I happened to be just reading a "Best Burger in San Francisco" thing......up there you can count on $14-18 bucks...fries extra :lol::lol: .

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2010
    Hotel parking might be different, but if you're planning on parking at the party/concert, you shouldn't have to pay much more than $5.

Try to aim for the area around Park and Vine streets, as that could be a bit cheaper than any of the garages or the lots to the immediate west of the arena.

Of course, if you've got a hotel in the area, i'd just walk to the party and keep the car at the hotel.

On the map, it looks like you can walk right across Convention Center Drive, but you really can't....there's train tracks, a huge fence, and a garage and all sorts of other obstacles. Look on the map and find School Street. Go to the right (east) of that and look between the two buildings. Walk between them, going south. There are stairs going down, but on your right, there will be an elevator for wheelchairs, etc. Pass O'Shaugnessy's, Buca, and Frog Bear & Wild Boar.

The 10Club ticket window is in the southwest corner of the arena, by Cotter's.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=17
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Hotel parking might be different, but if you're planning on parking at the party/concert, you shouldn't have to pay much more than $5.
    arena lot and the arena garage will be closer to 10-15.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    my brother just texted me he is going to this show. it will be his first one. very psyched
    mickeyrat wrote:

True. However, i'm thinking that the surface lots around Vine Street to the west of Garage Bar should be a bit closer to $5 than $15. Ok...maybe more like $10, but they'll almost certainly be cheaper than the garages or the lots to the immediate west of Nationwide Arena.
    mickeyrat wrote:

True. However, i'm thinking that the surface lots around Vine Street to the west of Garage Bar should be a bit closer to $5 than $15. Ok...maybe more like $10, but they'll almost certainly be cheaper than the garages or the lots to the immediate west of Nationwide Arena.
    The other option is to feed the meters on Goodale until 5 or 6 pm then they're free!!!! Did that for Cornell at the LC pavilion!! Worked well. But with the party , who knows.

mickeyrat wrote:
    The other option is to feed the meters on Goodale until 5 or 6 pm then they're free!!!! Did that for Cornell at the LC pavilion!! Worked well. But with the party , who knows.

Yeah, but you'd have to keep leaving the party. :( Any savings at a meter would probably be minimal...not worth leaving the party.

And a reminder for the charity drive, while we will accept any non-perishable food items, the Columbus food bank (http://www.nsicolumbus.com/) REALLY has a need for things that CANNOT be bought with food stamps. Basically, anything you'd use in the bathroom such as toilet paper, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.

Because we have such a need for toiletries, anyone donating toiletries will get TWO raffle tickets for free! However, if you give a food item, you will still get ONE raffle ticket for free!

And what is being donated? Post the stuff here!
  • emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    Count me in :)
    Yay, I think i'm FINALLY getting all these names straight! Lori, Lisa, Laura...wow.. anyone else have a name that starts with an "L?"

And it's real easy...stop at a local grocery store or drug store and buy a few bathroom-related items (toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, etc.) and get TWO free raffle tickets PER item.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    also, donations for the raffle needed! :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
    also, donations for the raffle needed! :D

I just sent an email, so hopefully Crime Stoppers can come through with a few "local" things, whatever they might be.

(I know you got my email, but i'm just re-posting it here to get people hyped up.)
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please post the item description(s) here and bring it with you to the pre-party. There we will collect your name & info so we can provide you with a tax receipt. No bootleg items, please.
    wishlistfoundation.org
    Getting oh so close to single digit days til.......

mickeyrat wrote:
    Getting oh so close to single digit days til.......

He lets us know.....He's waiting...oohhhhh
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

Bump for LIO! :)

I cannot emphasize how bad people really need the donated items that are not covered on Food Stamps... please do donate those he mentioned in his original post! :)

Oh, please please please post a lot of pictures...especially with CrimeStoppers if they plan on showing up.

Have fun, peeps!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • hey everybody. just checking in, very excited about this party. i'll be bringing my wife, two of my friends, one with a date and one rolling solo. also dragging every friend i can - i've personally badgered about 10 people into buying tickets. i deserve a commission for this! ;)
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Bump
    IamMine wrote:

Bump for LIO! :)

I cannot emphasize how bad people really need the donated items that are not covered on Food Stamps... please do donate those he mentioned in his original post! :)

Oh, please please please post a lot of pictures...especially with CrimeStoppers if they plan on showing up.

Have fun, peeps!!!

And remember...instead of getting just ONE raffle ticket, you will get TWO raffle tickets per every "bathroom" item donated. If you really needed a reason, now you got one!