Options

THE WIRE

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
late to the party on this one but got the complete series for X Mas and I may go on record as saying it is the best show ever made. Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,639
    Great show. I watched the first 2 seasons a few years ago but finally started back from the beginning and am in the middle of season 4 right now. Yeah, probably my favorite show ever too.

Lots of people around here like it.
  • Options
    release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    whats funny is its kinda true ,,,, but i really dig it,, the whole series rocked,, season 2 is my fav enjoy watching it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    whats funny is its kinda true ,,,, but i really dig it,, the whole series rocked,, season 2 is my fav enjoy watching it :mrgreen:

It's funny because when I first watched it I got really frustrated with season 2 and didnt really like it and that's why I kind of stopped watching for a while. Not that I have watched it again, season 2 is great and I kind of miss those guys.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Never seen it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    It is sensational. Unbelievable to think that a great majority of the actors are British.

Although I gotta say still nothing on tv has ever come close to Six Feet Under. That is simply the finest written, casted, shot, laugh out loud, cry out loud, heart pulling show theres ever been.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Best show ever. Puts the Sopranos to shame (and I liked that show as well).
  • Options
    joewalshdc wrote:
    It is sensational. Unbelievable to think that a great majority of the actors are British.

Although I gotta say still nothing on tv has ever come close to Six Feet Under. That is simply the finest written, casted, shot, laugh out loud, cry out loud, heart pulling show theres ever been.

I found it so crazy that Stringer is really British. That shit boggled my mind when I first heard it.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Best show ever. Puts the Sopranos to shame (and I liked that show as well).

Sopranos went too long.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My bf also thinks this is the best show he's ever watched.

I can't wait to watch it....but don't have time to commit right now.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Fucking great show.
  • Options
    ya, ive yet to see a better hbo show. i was late on it too, but when i started watching i couldnt stop. i wish it was still on.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    "I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?"
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133
    booomm11 wrote:

"yo, what up bird?" great scene.

yeah, greatest show ever. seasons 3 and 4 are amazing.
  • Options
    release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's funny because when I first watched it I got really frustrated with season 2 and didnt really like it and that's why I kind of stopped watching for a while. Not that I have watched it again, season 2 is great and I kind of miss those guys.

i liked it the most cause it showed how many people were truly enrolled in the dope game , that the war on drugs is a fuckin joke ... because if certain things were legal in the U.S. certain public officials wouldnt drive nicer cars or have nicer homes or take vacations

Hamtserdam lol
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    As the honorable Clay Davis would say....... SSHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!
    Yeah best show ever
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,771
    Doesn't get any better than this show. Stringer is one of my fav TV characters ever.
  • Options
    phardin wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

"yo, what up bird?" great scene.

yeah, greatest show ever. seasons 3 and 4 are amazing.
    :lol:

omartestifies-300x225.jpg

yeah my fav's prob 3
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    The opening scene of the 1st episode is awsome, sets the tone for the whole show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Genius is a word that is battered around too much but the chessboard scene.....absolute genius.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HUlTKvDUI
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Couldn't get into it. I watched the first four or five episodes and found it pretty dull.

Give me 'The Soprano's' over 'The Wire' any day.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Couldn't get into it. I watched the first four or five episodes and found it pretty dull.

crazy talk
  • Options
    joewalshdc wrote:
    Genius is a word that is battered around too much but the chessboard scene.....absolute genius.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HUlTKvDUI

This scene is awesome. Definitely genius.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Byrnzie wrote:

It took me to about episode 7 or 8 and then i realized i was completly hooked.

It is a slow builder but the payoffs are worth the wait.

If you are bored and need something to watch i'd give it another shot one day.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Watched a Season 4 episode last night... Chris is ruthless
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99W5ooq1WGs&feature=fvw

I have Bubbles' (and his daughter's) autographs. They are in a book that I had with me on the train from Manhattan to Baltimore. Andre Royo signed his name by Bubbles, see below:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 1413769064
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,771
    This thread has really got me thinking how great this show is. Once I'm done watching the first 4 seasons of Dexter, I may have to go back and watch this entire series again.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    shivers to think that Brad played near where the Wire was made....except (Thank God) the night we saw Brad at Ottobar, there were not too many people in the streets.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    It is a great show. I watched it last year when it was on demand. I loved the 2nd season and the season that focused on the kids the best, but they are all good.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    intodeep wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

It took me to about episode 7 or 8 and then i realized i was completly hooked.

It is a slow builder but the payoffs are worth the wait.

If you are bored and need something to watch i'd give it another shot one day.

O.k, I may well do that.
  • Options
    absolutely brilliant. period
    Don't panic. It's okay.