Options

fox news audience...your network thinks you are stupid.

TriumphantAngelTriumphantAngel Posts: 1,760
edited June 2011 in A Moving Train
proof that fox news think their audience are stupid.

when i first saw this i laughed, but you know, it didn't seem so funny anymore when i really stopped and thought about it. i mean seriously, think about what kind of 'news' network, would deliberately lie to its viewers in this way, if they had any respect for them at all. telling a lie is one thing, but taking the time to look at tapes, decide the truth is not good enough, and then rush off and find some other lame, poor quality recording to replace it, takes a seriously devious and fucked up person.

The tea party protests continued last week, as Congresswoman Michele Bachmann held an anti-health-care-reform rally on the steps of the Capitol. While she estimated that 20,000-45,000 people attended the event, the Washington Post reported it was actually more like 10,000.

Still, that is a sizable number of Americans exercising their right to free speech and assembly, and that warrants news coverage. But Sean Hannity and his team did more than cover the event. They not only inflated the number in attendance with their words, but actually used footage from a heavily-attended protest this summer to make this health care rally appear more popular. Hannity even pointed out that this was a huge crowd for a Thursday, when the protest footage they used was from a Saturday.

Jon Stewart and his team caught this discrepancy and ran with it, pointing out neither the color of the leaves nor sky in the tacked-on video matched that of the actual footage. They went on to mock Fox by adding more video to the interview, this time from Woodstock and the movie "300."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/1 ... 53447.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Coming from Fox News, this doesn't surprise me one bit. As Stewart said, "I expect that from them"
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    proof that fox news think their audience are stupid.

when i first saw this i laughed, but you know, it didn't seem so funny anymore when i really stopped and thought about it. i mean seriously, think about what kind of 'news' network, would deliberately lie to its viewers in this way, if they had any respect for them at all. telling a lie is one thing, but taking the time to look at tapes, decide the truth is not good enough, and then rush off and find some other lame, poor quality recording to replace it, takes a seriously devious and fucked up person.

The tea party protests continued last week, as Congresswoman Michele Bachmann held an anti-health-care-reform rally on the steps of the Capitol. While she estimated that 20,000-45,000 people attended the event, the Washington Post reported it was actually more like 10,000.

Still, that is a sizable number of Americans exercising their right to free speech and assembly, and that warrants news coverage. But Sean Hannity and his team did more than cover the event. They not only inflated the number in attendance with their words, but actually used footage from a heavily-attended protest this summer to make this health care rally appear more popular. Hannity even pointed out that this was a huge crowd for a Thursday, when the protest footage they used was from a Saturday.

Jon Stewart and his team caught this discrepancy and ran with it, pointing out neither the color of the leaves nor sky in the tacked-on video matched that of the actual footage. They went on to mock Fox by adding more video to the interview, this time from Woodstock and the movie "300."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/1 ... 53447.html

proof that fox is illegitimate.

what other news source would completely fabricate video to make this protest seem larger than it is??

at least cbs would have found a matching sky or cloudburst, or fucking foilage for that matter....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    they say fox news is as biased as msnbc. whether that' true or not......fox think it audience idiots. tools to be shaped, molded.

most of us aren't that stupid. its the rest i'm worried about.
  • Options
    brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    Where are all the right wingtards in this thread? Don't they want to support their holy station?

Fair and balanced :lol:
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    norm wrote:

haha i saw that the other night. what a douche Hannity it is to end the apology by thanking Jon Stewart and his writers for watching his show and pretty much skipping over why he was apologiizing other than that quick few words about an honest mixup....right, they just happened to be editing the footage from summer at the same time or something? how does that happen as an honest mixup?? different season, different weather....

edit: i just rewatched the link and Hannity called it an 'inadvertent mistake'

i looked up the definition and it's

accidental: happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally ; "with an inadvertent gesture she swept the vase off the table"; "accidental ...

so i don't see how that fits
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    it is an "inadvertant" purposeful misrepresentation of the demonstration. pure and simple. the same thing that this network has been doing with "facts" since its inception...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Just like when they inadvertently label a disgraced Republican politician with a (D) instead of an (R)... just a careless mistake, nothing intentional... :wtf:
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    brandon10 wrote:
    Where are all the right wingtards in this thread? Don't they want to support their holy station?

Fox News ROCKS!!!!! Hannity does not!!
  • Options
    FOXNEWS RATINGS TRIPLE MSNBC, CNN, AND ABC COMBINED! SO WHILE ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK FOXNEWS IS SO STUPID BECAUSE OF SEAN HANNITY, ABOUT 2/3 OF THE COUNTRY DOES NOT AGREE. SO WHO ARE THE OUTSIDERS? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE NOT GETTING IT? MOST OF THE COUNTRY? OR THE SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE FOX? Sorry about the caps, just looked up at the mon.peace
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    mb262200 wrote:
    FOXNEWS RATINGS TRIPLE MSNBC, CNN, AND ABC COMBINED! SO WHILE ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK FOXNEWS IS SO STUPID BECAUSE OF SEAN HANNITY, ABOUT 2/3 OF THE COUNTRY DOES NOT AGREE. SO WHO ARE THE OUTSIDERS? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE NOT GETTING IT? MOST OF THE COUNTRY? OR THE SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE FOX? Sorry about the caps, just looked up at the mon.peace

morons travel in packs becos they need the validation of someone always telling them what they want to hear rather than what's really happening in the world?
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

how do you shame the shameless? you can't.

the only reason Hannity will keep his job is because fox doesn't care about the integrity of the news. they encourage this type of propaganda.

if they had one ounce of integrity, they would get rid of him. what's even worse than fox news not caring, is the fact their viewers don't care.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

how do you shame the shameless? you can't.

the only reason Hannity will keep his job is because fox doesn't care about the integrity of the news. they encourage this type of propaganda.

if they had one ounce of integrity, they would get rid of him. what's even worse than fox news not caring, is the fact their viewers don't care.

You see it everywhere. Look at MLB. If you had a team mate doing roids to make his game stronger do you think everybody on his team rats him out for integrity....get real.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    You see it everywhere. Look at MLB. If you had a team mate doing roids to make his game stronger do you think everybody on his team rats him out for integrity....get real.

they're playing a game. these people are suppose to be reporting the news, a duty so important it was protected in our constitution. there's a small difference. and even if there wasn't, this isn't about ratting people out. they caught him in the act. in baseball, if you test positive, you at least get suspended. fox will probably give him a bonus.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:

they're playing a game. these people are suppose to be reporting the news, a duty so important it was protected in our constitution. there's a small difference. and even if there wasn't, this isn't about ratting people out. they caught him in the act. in baseball, if you test positive, you at least get suspended. fox will probably give him a bonus.

It happens all the time. You're all just upset because it was a Fox guy. MSNBC was caught trying to make a guy look like a radical conservative racists holding a gun where Obama was speaking once, all they showed was a real close up view of the gun on the guys shoulder. But a Fox News guy was there with a camera also and happened to take the same shot. When it was panned out and you could see the whole picture it was a black security gaurd. I been watching MSNBC and others being called out on stuff like this by Fox ever since the campaign....which is why this post is so funny to me. Hannity is caught playing with footage tape and some lib on the comedy channel makes a show out of it.
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    mb262200 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

It happens all the time. You're all just upset because it was a Fox guy. MSNBC was caught trying to make a guy look like a radical conservative racists holding a gun where Obama was speaking once, all they showed was a real close up view of the gun on the guys shoulder. But a Fox News guy was there with a camera also and happened to take the same shot. When it was panned out and you could see the whole picture it was a black security gaurd. I been watching MSNBC and others being called out on stuff like this by Fox ever since the campaign....which is why this post is so funny to me. Hannity is caught playing with footage tape and some lib on the comedy channel makes a show out of it.

Fox is a threat to all those that stay in their politically correct comfort zone. Afraid to call things as they are. Afraid to realize there is such a thing as right and wrong. So if Fox makes a mistake there all over it. I can’t wait for response to the MSNBC mistake. More than likely there will be none.
    To all the PC people...Hannity is not a news reporter he mainly comments on his own opinions.
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    Fox is a threat to all those that stay in their politically correct comfort zone. Afraid to call things as they are. Afraid to realize there is such a thing as right and wrong. So if Fox makes a mistake there all over it. I can’t wait for response to the MSNBC mistake. More than likely there will be none.
    To all the PC people...Hannity is not a news reporter he mainly comments on his own opinions.
    1) It was a deliberate attempt to falsify the news for partisan political purposes.

2) the fox news network assumed that everyone would be as stupid as their viewers, and no one would notice their attempt to falsify the clip.

3) who gives a rats ass about MSNBC? not me, and no one else who posts here apparently, because they
    are never mentioned. the fox faithfulls are continually defending their network and i don't see anyone
    here defending MSNBC. do you? no. so that point is moot.

4) you are seriously calling this a mistake? you have got to be kidding me. it was no 'mistake'. it was a cold, calculated, deliberate and devious attempt to fool you, after hannity decided the truth wasn't good enough. hannity knew what he's doing, he always now what he's doing...so do the producers, cynical assholes.
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    FOXNEWS RATINGS TRIPLE MSNBC, CNN, AND ABC COMBINED!
    that's nothing to be proud of.

it just means there are more gullible, unable to think for themselves, sad, sad individuals out there, than i already thought.
  • Options
    south park did a nice parody of glen beck and the fux news network this week. click the link and watch the "living with smurfs" episode that is on the top left of that site. at the 5 minute mark cartman becomes glen beck. it is pretty much dead on...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

it does not have much to do with this particular thread, but it shows what fux does, it attempts to distract and rile the idiot moron fringe of the republican party.

• Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

where have i ever defended msnbc? they're as much of a joke as fox is. the fact that msnbc does it too doesnt make it fine that fox did it this time. they're both wrong every time hey do it. and you're a lost cause if you think this was an accident. kind of like how every single time a republican gets caught in a sex scandal, he's initially shown as a democrat on fox. these are not mistakes. they're done on purpose.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mb262200 wrote:

i would really like to see some proof of this ... triple that of MSNBC, CNN and ABC combined!??
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

he made a very good point, though....no one needs to 'rat' Hannity out, it's already proven he fabricated it and if a baseball player is proven to be taking roids he is suspended, ie there is some punishment. has anything happened to Hannity over this? i seriously doubt it, it's just another day in the op/ed room at Fox.

i very rarely watch MSNBC, in fact i probably watch Fox more than any other tv network, but how did they try to make that guy look like a radical conservative racist? and apparently you shouldn't be that upset about them making things up if it's ok for Hannity to do it, too. let's try and be consistent; it's wrong for any network to fabricate propaganda and push it as news.

i knew people would say it's just Hannity so don't worry about it. nevermind the network has a history of making things up on shows that Hannity is not a part of and even if it were just Hannity, which it clearly isn't, does that mean they should do nothing? is it ok to say 'hey, we only have 1 show that fabricates the news, that's still a pretty good ratio!!'???

the network as a whole pushes falsehoods
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    south park did a nice parody of glen beck and the fux news network this week. click the link and watch the "living with smurfs" episode that is on the top left of that site. at the 5 minute mark cartman becomes glen beck. it is pretty much dead on...

it does not have much to do with this particular thread, but it shows what fux does, it attempts to distract and rile the idiot moron fringe of the republican party.

oh my lord...i haven't watched south park in a long time but that was freakin hilarious! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

they nailed Glenn Beck's personality and the way he talks perfectly. thanks for posting that. it's the episode titled Dances with Smurfs, by the way

"i love all the stuff you said about our school class president, how she doesn't do anything and how she's changing everything!"
    don't compete; coexist

• Options

oh my lord...i haven't watched south park in a long time but that was freakin hilarious! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

they nailed Glenn Beck's personality and the way he talks perfectly. thanks for posting that. it's the episode titled Dances with Smurfs, by the way

"i love all the stuff you said about our school class president, how she doesn't do anything and how she's changing everything!"

i like how the ever gullible Butters is leading the student uprising lol....he is perfect for that and is just so typical of someone who follows beck....he peed on the president's house..."let none of us forget what happens here today!!"

lol...

• Options
    mb262200 wrote:

If we're going strictly by the numbers of viewers meaning that it is good and legit...what does that make McDonalds food? Does "billions and billions served" mean that it's good or healthy food?
  • Options
    aerial wrote:
    1) It was a deliberate attempt to falsify the news for partisan political purposes.

2) the fox news network assumed that everyone would be as stupid as their viewers, and no one would notice their attempt to falsify the clip.

3) who gives a rats ass about MSNBC? not me, and no one else who posts here apparently, because they
    are never mentioned. the fox faithfulls are continually defending their network and i don't see anyone
    here defending MSNBC. do you? no. so that point is moot.

4) you are seriously calling this a mistake? you have got to be kidding me. it was no 'mistake'. it was a cold, calculated, deliberate and devious attempt to fool you, after hannity decided the truth wasn't good enough. hannity knew what he's doing, he always now what he's doing...so do the producers, cynical assholes.

You don't give a rats ass about MSNBC, so why do you care so much about what Fox does?
  • Options

Glenn played the entire clip on his radio show. Not too bothered by it. South Park picks up on whatever is hot at the moment and goes with it.
  • Options
    O.K. you're all trying to make it sound like i'm sticking up for Fox. If they want to punish Hannity then go ahead, I really don't give a shit if they got rid of him. I'm just trying to say that if any other station does it nobody has anything to say about it because there an Obama sponsored station. Just yesterday an MSNBC person had to apologize for making a bunch of Palin pics that were cropped and not true. Anybody want to bet we don't see it on comedy channel. Let me be clear, I don't care about MSNBC,whatever, but you're all on here crying about Fox faking something, but nobody gives a shit when somebody else does it. Somebody asked how they made it look like a radical conservative racists. I'll find the clip and post it. peace
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:
    You don't give a rats ass about MSNBC, so why do you care so much about what Fox does?
    because i have to listen to people like you, continually going on about their supreme awesomeness, which is clearly incorrect. i'm just trying to educate you, friend. i've already stated no one here posts about msnbc. if they did, i would say the same to them.

:)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    mb262200 wrote:
    Quality is based on ratings in your book... that must mean that you believe 'American Idol' and 'Dancing With The Stars' (two the the monster rated shows on television) are the best things on T.V.
    If anything... it explains FOX News' high ratings.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!