The Pizza Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    ^ That’s because there’s not enough sauce on those east coast pies. It’s dough and cheese so the cheese sticks like glue. With proper sauce that shit would be sliding down for sure! 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Looks great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited September 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just did an experiment...one . Two. Three minutes and No cheese fell off. 

First, your little deltoid couldn't keep your arm outstretched that long... so... yah. On this fact alone, I'm not buying it.

Second, as bigs stated, there isn't a lot of NY 'Ragu' sauce- so the cheese has fused with the dough giving it a rather viscous quality where the slide would be next to impossible.

The water to the right of the picture seems to support bigs' notion: saliva and mastication would not be enough to ingest the paste. The water would be needed to assist with the processing of the pizza.  

Third, this slice 'might' reflect the work of an amateur or an underhanded pro. Note the cheese on the left edge on the bottom third of the slice. This is clearly cheese from its neighbouring slice, yet it's now on this slice which seems to be in your possession? Whoever was left taking the next slice was short-changed.

Now this could be an innocent and unfortunate mishap certain to occur given the viscous traits of the dried glue concoction (created by the lack of 'Ragu'), but the common sense side to me thinks this is the work of a seasoned pro... and a ruthless one at that. You left your kids with compromised slices.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    Ragu on pizza? That's crazy talk.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    mcgruff10 said:

First, your little deltoid couldn't keep your arm outstretched that long... so... yah. On this fact alone, I'm not buying it.

Second, as bigs stated, there isn't a lot of NY 'Ragu' sauce- so the cheese has fused with the dough giving it a rather viscous quality where the slide would be next to impossible.

The water to the right of the picture seems to support bigs' notion: saliva and mastication would not be enough to ingest the paste. The water would be needed to assist with the processing of the pizza.  

Third, this slice 'might' reflect the work of an amateur or an underhanded pro. Note the cheese on the left edge on the bottom third of the slice. This is clearly cheese from its neighbouring slice, yet it's now on this slice which seems to be in your possession? Whoever was left taking the next slice was short-changed.

Now this could be an innocent and unfortunate mishap certain to occur given the viscous traits of the dried glue concoction (created by the lack of 'Ragu'), but the common sense side to me thinks this is the work of a seasoned pro... and a ruthless one at that. You left your kids with compromised slices.
    LOL!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    mcgruff10 said:

lol.  classic.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    edited September 2018
    Mack’s...wildwood

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Mack’s...wildwood
    I like how the veggie pizza is called "power."  How hipster of them. :lol:  All kidding aside, looks good. That slice with the charred crust has my name all over it.
    Cliffy that is some good looking pizza. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Mack's is good

Homemade tonight 
    I went all out and dragged it through the garden
    Shrooms
    Jalapenos
    Bell peppers
    Olives
    Onions
    Tomato
    Some banging scratch sauce
    Sharp Cheddar mixed in with parm and mozzarella.
    It was delicious but I am reminded why I put a small amount of ingredients usually

Wife's white (with kale and spinach) - she actually splashed a bit of sauce on it.

13 yr old pepperoni

4 year old's olive

Pepperoni one was most "standard" but they all were not bad.  Dough was a little thick.
    I froze 3/4 of mine and am going to enjoy putting a few pieces in the toaster oven when boozing late night down the road 
    4 year old’s got some skills! That’s a great looking pie! Just needs a little practice on the olive distribution but a damn fine effort all the way around. 
    4 year old’s got some skills! That’s a great looking pie! Just needs a little practice on the olive distribution but a damn fine effort all the way around. 
    He loves to cook with me and it at a stage where he wants to do everything, instead of just some 'kid tasks.'
    For pizza, he has been doing it all for a while (I do make his crust but he rolls it out, refuses to learn to use his hands, thus far) but when we are prepping and/or cooking on the stovetop it can be challenging.
    Hope he keeps up the interest.  It is fun and it is a good skill to practice so young.  The 13 year old used to love to do this but now he wants to do everything with me in another room.  ;)
    13 (almost 14) is not the ideal age.  :lol:

Also...he eats so much during prep (olives, handfuls of cheese, raw dough) that he generally eats 1-2 small pieces of the pie, once finished.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited September 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    My go-to pizza place does a mac n cheese pizza... I've never ordered it. It just sounds too heavy. They also put potatoes on a couple of their pizzas, which is also really weird to me.
    Haven't you ever had the perogy pizza at Boston Pizza? Really good.

Me 'n Ed's does a perogy pizza that is pretty good too.

* I'm referring to your potato comment.
    Whole perogies on a pizza?

Nope.

The pizza is essentially a perogy: The crust is the dough. Potatoes, cheese, green onions, and bacon are the toppings. Sour cream added. It's really good.
    So it isn’t a pizza. Pictures would help. 
    No, it's definitely a pizza. They look like this (or similar - this is just a random photo of one from google search). There are potato chunks in there, bacon, sauteed onions or green onions or both, topped with sour cream and maybe some chives. I just don't find heavy carbs (potatoes) on top of a pizza appealing. It's just too much IMHO. I know lots of people do like this pierogi pizza thing though, obviously, since it a regular menu item at pizza restaurants. Probably a Canadian thing - Canadians like pierogies a LOT.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

Pizza night! Kale, shroom and red onions with fresh mozzarella and ricotta and topped with pistachio pesto and tomatoes .
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Interesting, looks good!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,347
    damn, F’me! time to open a family run pizza joint.....altho I’m not sure it could support your elitist lifestyle.

it might, tho. franchises?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The 10C released their photo and video collection from the Home & Away concerts!

Here's Scruffy rocking out in Boston:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6IaHmDNLI
    Wobbie said:
    damn, F’me! time to open a family run pizza joint.....altho I’m not sure it could support your elitist lifestyle.

it might, tho. franchises?
    Mmmm.  Perhaps if we get 10-20 of them running and paying back 8%?  I need to make it a steep buy in fee.
    You want to open one in Salt Lake?
    This thread has been a little quiet lately...

• wings
    I could care less about tacos 
    The 10C released their photo and video collection from the Home & Away concerts!

Here's Scruffy rocking out in Boston:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6IaHmDNLI
    Lol. No way that’s me. I was banned from dancing at both of my weddings. I am a terrible dancer. 
    wings
    I’d go with wings too, but that is no easy choice. I LOVE wings. 
    bbiggs said:

Ranch dressing
    bbiggs said:

Ranch dressing
    I can’t do ranch or blue cheese. Yuck. I got food poisoning from a batch of wings from Applebee’s and remember the blue cheese smell all too well while vomiting for 12 hours. Yuck. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Ranch dressing
    I can’t do ranch or blue cheese. Yuck. I got food poisoning from a batch of wings from Applebee’s and remember the blue cheese smell all too well while vomiting for 12 hours. Yuck. 
    Damn, that sucks! I love blue cheese but I have gotten some bad batches before, and it’s certainly not fun. I never dip the wings in the blue cheese though, the wing has to stand on its own. Celery & blue cheese is the “cool down” snack.
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Ranch dressing
    Damn, that sucks! I love blue cheese but I have gotten some bad batches before, and it’s certainly not fun. I never dip the wings in the blue cheese though, the wing has to stand on its own. Celery & blue cheese is the “cool down” snack.
    100% agree. Beer is my cool down snack, not blue cheese. 

A quick dinner tonight