Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    mcgruff10 said:
    Folding pizza is key,  Shit I even folded my grandma Sicilian last night. No fold is so foreign to me. 
    Plus with 55 kids you know the value of the fold re:clean eating and crying over spilled cheese.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    With kids, I completely understand.  Kids can be disgusting while eating so anything to make less of a mess I'm down with it.  Otherwise it's just a silly notion invented by New Yorkers to feel more important about pizza. :wink:

On another note, I tried out a MOD Pizza last week.  First time I've ever been to one.  I understand it originated in Seattle.  I was actually pretty impressed with it, considering the fast casual style of restaurant it is; like a Chipotle for pizza.  I just grabbed one of the menu pies (the Dominic - white sauce, asiago, red onion, tomatoes, sausage, & fresh basil) but I'd love to go back and do a few build-my-owns.  But like everything else, the closest one is over an hour away.

• Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    edited September 2018
    Pamparius haunts me. I miss it. http://www.pamparius.no/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGI_GfeYBB4

NSFW music in the video for any of the offended/stuck at work.

Post edited by Shakescky on
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I stopped at a shitty pizza joint on my walk back to the hotel after both Fenway shows. The slices were massive and hit the spot at the moment. The floppy pizza slice is very foreign to me, but I was a poser and folded it up like I’ve been doing it my whole life. Lol. Felt so strange. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    Like a boss!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,919
    bbiggs said:
    I stopped at a shitty pizza joint on my walk back to the hotel after both Fenway shows. The slices were massive and hit the spot at the moment. The floppy pizza slice is very foreign to me, but I was a poser and folded it up like I’ve been doing it my whole life. Lol. Felt so strange. 
    Be one with the fold.  Now show people in Illinois the correct way to eat a slice.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'd like to see someone fold a Lou's.
  • Options
    when I ate about half a slice at Lou's I was tired of the knife and fork routine; I folded that fucker in half and ate it like a boss.
  • Options
    Like a boss!

I don't need your folded piece of cheap pizza, pizza poser. I threw it on the ground.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ^^^

Say hello to the ground.
  • Options
    Like a boss!

I don't need your folded piece of cheap pizza, pizza poser. I threw it on the ground.
    Del,
    Did you order your usual from this fine pizza establishment?  https://order.pizzapizza.ca/PhoenixWEB/order/
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like a boss!

Del,
    Did you order your usual from this fine pizza establishment?  https://order.pizzapizza.ca/PhoenixWEB/order/
    I go to a mom and pop shop. It's a drive though and they don't deliver. I love walking in there and smelling the fresh dough.
  • Options
    Like a boss!

:lol:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bbiggs said:
    Little Steve’s? That place is disgusting and should only be eaten by poor college students. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    With kids, I completely understand.  Kids can be disgusting while eating so anything to make less of a mess I'm down with it.  Otherwise it's just a silly notion invented by New Yorkers to feel more important about pizza. :wink:

On another note, I tried out a MOD Pizza last week.  First time I've ever been to one.  I understand it originated in Seattle.  I was actually pretty impressed with it, considering the fast casual style of restaurant it is; like a Chipotle for pizza.  I just grabbed one of the menu pies (the Dominic - white sauce, asiago, red onion, tomatoes, sausage, & fresh basil) but I'd love to go back and do a few build-my-owns.  But like everything else, the closest one is over an hour away.

Mod pizza? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Mod pizza? 
    Fast food pizza.  I prefer &pizza if you are going to pick one of those.  Really a flat bread and not a pizza but they can be tasty.  A whole new category.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    Little Steve’s? That place is disgusting and should only be eaten by poor college students. 
    Yes sir! Had a line out the damn door. God, does that pizza suck, but it served its purpose at the moment. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    when I ate about half a slice at Lou's I was tired of the knife and fork routine; I folded that fucker in half and ate it like a boss.
    “Ate it like a boss.” That’s f’n great! I’m down with ditching the knife and fork, but no way I can fold a slice of Lou’s. I don’t think I’m skilled enough in pie folding for that...maybe in due time. Lol 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    Not pizza, but we ate at a place called Bricco in the north end that I thought was excellent Italian food. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    “Ate it like a boss.” That’s f’n great! I’m down with ditching the knife and fork, but no way I can fold a slice of Lou’s. I don’t think I’m skilled enough in pie folding for that...maybe in due time. Lol 
    Next time I am in Chicago I will teach you the ways of folding the deep dish. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    I paid 8 bucks for one shitty slice in the airport, yesterday. 8 slices per pie. good money.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Mod pizza? 
    Fast food pizza.  I prefer &pizza if you are going to pick one of those.  Really a flat bread and not a pizza but they can be tasty.  A whole new category.
    Looks like the closest ones are near DC.  I'll check it out next time I'm down that way.  Pics don't look too bad from what I've seen; what are the prices like?  MOD was $8.75 for an 11" pie - as few or as many toppings as you like... and fast! 

Last time I was in Minneapolis I went to this place called Pub 42 and they had a couple pretty good flatbread style pizzas on the menu. Got a classic margherita and a Thai peanut and both were delicious. The charred wings were excellent, too. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Mod pizza? 
    Looks like the closest ones are near DC.  I'll check it out next time I'm down that way.  Pics don't look too bad from what I've seen; what are the prices like?  MOD was $8.75 for an 11" pie - as few or as many toppings as you like... and fast! 

Last time I was in Minneapolis I went to this place called Pub 42 and they had a couple pretty good flatbread style pizzas on the menu. Got a classic margherita and a Thai peanut and both were delicious. The charred wings were excellent, too. 
    About the same....think $9 for one.  About the same size but I find &pizza product to taste much better . (Although I didn't think MOD was bad)
    An interesting take.
    Haven't had Blaze yet but that is the other chain that is expanding
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839
    You think New Yorkers are bad?
    I worked with a few pizza chefs from southern Italy. Two from Napoli and a few from Puglia. They won't even try the pizza anywhere north of Rome. 
    One of the guys spent a summer living in Brooklyn. He told me in private the pizza was as good as anywhere in southern Italy. I don't think he had the balls to tell the other Italians though. Probably wasn't worth the screaming that would have ensued. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Sometimes this thread makes me want to not eat pizza anymore lol
    I think bacon is the only food that is more over-hyped than pizza.
    I love pizza, but the best plate of pasta usually crushes the best pizza and the depth and subtlety of flavor can't compare with an expertly seasoned soup or sauce.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Just for that I'm gonna get a pizza with bacon tonight! :lol:
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Just for that I'm gonna get a pizza with bacon tonight! :lol:
    lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    I like bacon on pizza sometimes!  The smokey salty flavor does a nice job offsetting the sweetness of peppers/onions.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I love pizza, but the best plate of pasta usually crushes the best pizza and the depth and subtlety of flavor can't compare with an expertly seasoned soup or sauce.

Says the guy that routinely gets his delicious kale and beet smoothie all over his beard and Chilean wool sweater while listening to Bon Iver lol.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Says the guy that routinely gets his delicious kale and beet smoothie all over his beard and Chilean wool sweater while listening to Bon Iver lol.
    Hahahaha hate Kale, love beets.  Hate sweaters, love wool socks.  No Bon Iver, but I do listen to enough bluegrass to still fit the profile lol