Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited December 2017

Gorge is a no go if Safeco is being played. Too close together, and PJ has outgrown Red Rocks. PJ at the Gorge is my #1 must do, I think the petition may have to go to 2019. :(

There was a Mariners logo on some merch (PJ Seattle Flag) that was sold last month, possible leak for the Safeco shows in Seattle. I'd put the possibility of Fenway/Wrigley/Safeco all being 80% (sources - The Greek saying there will be some shows, constant Chicago and Wrigley talk, our Fenway insider) Where there is that much smoke, there is usually some truth in there. Any other stadiums than those 3, or any other dates is 100% speculation so far.

Bottom line is, they have stated in the Dec newsletter that 2018 will be busy. There will be many more shows to come I think, coming back after a quiet 2017.

Post edited by kerbjack on
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    I just hope we hear something next month so that we can iron out plans. They announced Fenway and Wrigley in January of 2016 last time correct?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I just hope we hear something next month so that we can iron out plans. They announced Fenway and Wrigley in January of 2016 last time correct?
    I agree. Definitely anxious to get 2018 family vacations planned.  At the very least, hopefully more credible leaks come around so we have a rough idea. I think Dimi is going to rest up for the rest of 2017 then he will come out swinging in 2018 and this play will go nuts, haha. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    seems Dimi has avoided this rumor thread as of late. He did say once the Euro schedule was announced, we could talk usa rumors. Maybe there are some changes of the whole plan? He always seems to want to play the rumor game. The fact he has been MIA is odd.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    DEGBTI said:
    seems Dimi has avoided this rumor thread as of late. He did say once the Euro schedule was announced, we could talk usa rumors. Maybe there are some changes of the whole plan? He always seems to want to play the rumor game. The fact he has been MIA is odd.
    Read on Facebook that he thinks Wrigley is a go and as for the rest of the arena tour nothing has been confirmed yet so he is not speaking on it.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    DEGBTI said:
    He's dropped a few hints on the US shows already
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2017
    kerbjack said:

Gorge is a no go if Safeco is being played. Too close together, and PJ has outgrown Red Rocks. PJ at the Gorge is my #1 must do, I think the petition may have to go to 2019. :(

There was a Mariners logo on some merch (PJ Seattle Flag) that was sold last month, possible leak for the Safeco shows in Seattle. I'd put the possibility of Fenway/Wrigley/Safeco all being 80% (sources - The Greek saying there will be some shows, constant Chicago and Wrigley talk, our Fenway insider) Where there is that much smoke, there is usually some truth in there. Any other stadiums than those 3, or any other dates is 100% speculation so far.

Bottom line is, they have stated in the Dec newsletter that 2018 will be busy. There will be many more shows to come I think, coming back after a quiet 2017.

I forgot about the Mariners logo, so yeah, that has more credibility. I was only suggesting The Gorge as a Seattle-ish alternative (and because someplace "cool" was mentioned). If Safeco is the venue, they will not play The Gorge. 

I disagree that PJ has outgrown Red Rocks. They've played Moline, IL and Hampton, Va in the last 3 years. Red Rocks is comparable capacity wise.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

I know one rumour that better come true..............

Raleigh motherfuking NC

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DEGBTI said:
    He's dropped a few hints on the US shows already
    true, he did pretty much say Wrigley is a go and they will play all summer. What I meant is I haven't seen him chime in as much as he was before the Euro tour announcement. Looking forward to hearing more from him soon!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2017
    lolobugg said:

Raleigh motherfuking NC

That would likely be my PJ road trip after the disappointment of 2016... that shit was borderline traumatic lol

Maybe that's the show Dimi thinks is interesting?
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited December 2017

In 2016 Wrigley and Fenway (as well as April/May dates) were announced Jan 19/16. In 2013 the Wrigley shows was announced Jan 23/13 . So next month seems right...fingers crossed
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited December 2017
    I spoke to a friend today, whom I share a mutual admiration of Pearl Jam with.  We both agreed we are tired of PJ fucking with us when it comes to announcing shows.  We also agreed that the fans have made them wealthy rock stars and and the band can do whatever the hell they want. ;)
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    kerbjack said:

In 2016 Wrigley and Fenway (as well as April/May dates) were announced Jan 19/16. In 2013 the Wrigley shows was announced Jan 23/13 . So next month seems right...fingers crossed
    Hope you are right!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    kerbjack said:

keep in mind there were "very solid" rumors weeks before the announcement. So really by now we should have something more than a Wrigley/Fenway rumor. 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    my2hands said:
    lolobugg said:

Raleigh motherfuking NC

That would likely be my PJ road trip after the disappointment of 2016... that shit was borderline traumatic lol

Maybe that's the show Dimi thinks is interesting?
    I'm with you....it was borderline traumatic indeed. If they do schedule a makeup date, I'm very undecided if I'll venture out frorm Seattle again. It left a terrible burn, so I would be more likely to opt for other cities before Raleigh. You never know, though....
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    kerbjack said:

keep in mind there were "very solid" rumors weeks before the announcement. So really by now we should have something more than a Wrigley/Fenway rumor. 

Wrigley is more than a rumor
  • Options
    Fenway rumors are pretty credible.  I have red sox season seats and livenation season seats there for shows and they are getting a record number of shows there this year.  Last year they did 10 shows I believe and this year their goal is at least 12.  While my rep couldn't give and specifics, it definitely sounds like PJ has a hold for at least 2 shows there with possibility of a 3rd.  Other shows, on top of the 2 Foo shows, likely will include another Billy Joel visit, return of Zac Brown Band, Aerosmith for their farewell tour, James Taylor and a few others that are in the works.  But for them to realistically hit 12 shows, they need 3-4 bands to do 2 night stands and there aren't many who can pull that off.  I am personally betting on Rolling Stones playing 2 nights there as well.  Fenway likes to announce the shows fairly early on the year.  So if it's happening, I would expect an announcement by end of January.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    tino_11 said:
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    Agreed.  Based off of the way the band does things lately and the cities that are due, here’s my prediction:

cleveland, Columbus, pittsburgh, DC x2, Richmond, Raleigh make up, Charlotte, then over to Atlanta x2 and Nashville (both ATL and Nashville had scheduled shows cancelled due to Bonnaroo in 2016), down to NoLa for Voodoo fest (PJ at Voodoo is clockwork at this point)

then a 2 week break and 2nd leg that mirrors 2013 west coast tour
    Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh would be a dream come true! (Actually, it would. I had a dream last night that they were about to take the stage in Pittsburgh. I had another one where a three-city tour was Ottawa, NYC x2 and Columbus...so go figure.)

However... the other guy mentioned Indianapolis as getting missed. Because Pittsburgh was on the last album tour, what if Indianapolis was in place of Pittsburgh??

Columbus really has two good options... Nationwide Arena which is downtown and near a lot of bars and the Schottenstein Center which is at Ohio State's campus and not near anything really. While a Wishlist Foundation tailgate party would be fun, I'm not sure I see it happening.
    Columbus deserves a show. I was super impressed with the city and Nationwide Arena - great city to walk and great sounding venue.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fenway/Wrigley.... been there/done that... looking forward to seeing what else might be in the cards
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:
    Fenway/Wrigley.... been there/done that... looking forward to seeing what else might be in the cards
    I agree. Really hoping for something different this year. I had fun at those shows but wouldn’t go again. Really hoping for an arena tour. 
  • Options
    Ill do any show in the US. Dont care. Not going to be picky. 2017 was too rough in the PJ World to complain where they play in the US
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    my2hands said:
    is this a hint???  st. louis!!  booking my flight now...
     =) 

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Ill do any show in the US. Dont care. Not going to be picky. 2017 was too rough in the PJ World to complain where they play in the US
    +1
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    a lot of us feel that way, which is why tix will be a nightmare.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Both previous times they played Wrigley, the announcement and deadline for being a 10C member was in January. So maybe this is getting closer.... :)
  • Options
    My membership renews in January, I got a notification from 10C today via email. Thought it said, make sure membership is up to date but it said, make sure credit card info was up to date. Got excited. Guess you can see where my head is at
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    agreed!!!! Anywhere in the U.S or Canada  and I will figure something out.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JakeN7JakeN7 Posts: 57
    I met Theo Epstein at a charity event, instead of talking baseball we talked PJ for a solid 20min. He confirmed PJ will play at Wrigley in 2018. I'd say he's a pretty credible source  :)
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    JakeN7 said:
    I met Theo Epstein at a charity event, instead of talking baseball we talked PJ for a solid 20min. He confirmed PJ will play at Wrigley in 2018. I'd say he's a pretty credible source  :)
    Now this is breaking news!!!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    mr bungle said:
    JakeN7 said:
    Now this is breaking news!!!!
    Come on we need a date now! Vacation picks are next week!