Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Yes, but baking was IN progress when the fight happened! Lol but all is well now.. Gonna eat dinner and go to bed.. 4 am is just around the corner!
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    trying to figure out why my tummy hurts...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    My one true vanity, my hair, which is looking freakin' awesome. I finally got back to see my hairstylist, she is 4 hrs from where I live because I moved over 5 yrs ago and still haven't found anyone close to me who can make my hair look as good as she does.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Hope that Ident42 is doing ok on the Thanksgiving meal..
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    10C membership just renewed! Here's to a great year 6 :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

10C membership just renewed! Here's to a great year 6 :)

:-D
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    JWPearl said:

g under p said:

How are grapes grown to make all these colors?

Peace

WOW amazing..
    My daughter and her miserable dad

Well I went to an ATM to get some cash did the card pin # etc. I could hear the machine ready to shell out the cash but the window NEVER OPENED!. Then the receipt showed they took my $80 and the guy next to me got his his cash. He said try a smaller amount did that then the machine says system malfunction something like that. I tried the other machine and got the cash.

Well I got on the phone royally pissed which got worse when I couldn't get a human. Then when I did they wanted a verbal password of which I had no idea what it was. All I know is that it had something to do with RUSH. In the end after speaking to another human with a different password answers ill get my money back through claims in 48 hrs.

This ever happen to anybody out there?

GO TERPS!
    Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I've never been to a funeral before, (the actual service, not the reception thingie) are there usually a lot of people there? what is it like? I'm nervous...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

I've never been to a funeral before, (the actual service, not the reception thingie) are there usually a lot of people there? what is it like? I'm nervous...

Don't be nervous. Is it a church service? They can last 1- 1 1/2 hrs, depending.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

Don't be nervous. Is it a church service? They can last 1- 1 1/2 hrs, depending.
    No, he wasn't happy with the church, so not in church. I just know there will be a service, with a program, my BIL and SIL will speak, we're expecting 200. We had to move the date so more family could make it.

This is so weird...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    just got back from record store day. got a good haul. the j mascis cover of mazzy star's fade into you on orange clear vinyl is fantastic!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited November 2014
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

No, he wasn't happy with the church, so not in church. I just know there will be a service, with a program, my BIL and SIL will speak, we're expecting 200. We had to move the date so more family could make it.

This is so weird...
    Everyone does it differently. Not sure if you're attending the burial or the wake. The wake is usually a bunch of people telling old stories and stepping out to the pub next door since it's illegal to drink in funeral homes. And now you'll notice there's always a pub within a block of a funeral home. The burial service is more solemn, people are usually standing or sitting during the speech then they watch the casket lowered and usually family will take turns covering with dirt.

At my dad's service the wake was really crowded (the room we got was too small) and really loud. We did have a priest but my mom wouldn't let him do the whole thing just the first part & one prayer. I didn't go into the bar but apparently they were celebrating more traditionally in there, trading war stories & recounting tales for those who didn't know him that well personally, plus embarrassing stories of me and my mom. We had him cremated so it was a two part process. The procession from the funeral home went to the crematorium & it was just his family, less than 10 people. The guy from the funeral home said some words & we were to put a flower on the casket before it went into the oven. I had a panic attack at that point so I'm fuzzy on what else happened there. The next day we picked up his ashes from the funeral home & took it to the cemetery where the groundskeeper interred it. There was no ceremony, it was only four of us. And that was it.

Hopefully this will help you understand what to expect so you're not so nervous.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    liking this song by ac/dc ''lets play ball''
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,287
    edited November 2014
    Are Mudhoney going to play in Greece and the UK this summer?... They have announced that they are coming to Europe in May / June 2015, but not the name of the cities / countries yet. Fingers crossed...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    how utterly BORED I am!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    using my name isnt going to work bwhaahahahahaaha
  • Options
    Sometimes the things people say... Make NOOOOOOOO sense..
  • Options
    Happy I get to get off work early tonight!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,287
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fC6RP6tZ1Q

Modern Leatherman?... :-S :(
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Glad I don't have to do another 10 hour drive in the foreseeable future!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Next week
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Yesterday was my last day at my old job.
    It feel's like I escaped from hell. I have some scares, but my selfrespect is in tact.
    How I wish I never took the job last year, my trust in poeple in genral has taken a few punches.
    But I'm glad I left it behind me, as I was riding my bike home Yellow ledbetter felt just right so I put it on repeat.
    I'm not sure what my new job will be, but my contract with the organisation is still running so They have to find me a new job. Until then I will have to fill in when ever someone is sick. Not ideal, but perhaps it will be fun to see different locations. I'm fine with it just as long as I won't ever have to go back to that awful place again. Today I was free at last!
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618

It feel's like I escaped from hell. I have some scares, but my selfrespect is in tact.
    How I wish I never took the job last year, my trust in poeple in genral has taken a few punches.
    But I'm glad I left it behind me, as I was riding my bike home Yellow ledbetter felt just right so I put it on repeat.
    I'm not sure what my new job will be, but my contract with the organisation is still running so They have to find me a new job. Until then I will have to fill in when ever someone is sick. Not ideal, but perhaps it will be fun to see different locations. I'm fine with it just as long as I won't ever have to go back to that awful place again. Today I was free at last!

So happy for you ! I know what that feeling so much ! I hope you'll get a new job soon...good luck and enjoy your week !
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    am i talking to the wrong person :-? 8-}
  • Options
    Praying these people accept my work terms, and I can sign them on as my first clients; they wanted to speak with all my references, so I know that that went well, now it's just a personal decision for them. Should hear back from the wife tomorrow morning! So excited! Hope this works out!
  • Options
    to never want to see anyone hurt as much as i have, when i see it, it touches me deep inside emotionally, an inspiration to be worked on in the future..
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Wishing I didn't have to face the world tomorrow
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    i feel like that sometimes too when the world is not spiritual...its difficult, and reasoning with negative works....is just impossible to sometimes change
  • Options
    marilor said:

So happy for you ! I know what that feeling so much ! I hope you'll get a new job soon...good luck and enjoy your week !

2014 Berlijn
  • Options

Wishing I didn't have to face the world tomorrow

Lets make the world face you instead than.
    Good luck.

2014 Berlijn