Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    samjam said:

More job apps...and this time it's for a job I really would love. Fingers crossed.

Good luck samjam. What kind of job you looking for?
    Didnt you just graduate? Or maybe I got mixed up. Either way, good luck!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

samjam said:

More job apps...and this time it's for a job I really would love. Fingers crossed.

Thanks! Graduated in May, took the summer 'off' to travel and relax, have been applying for jobs for a couple months now. Ultimately looking for a job in the music industry!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    samjam said:

samjam said:

Thanks! Graduated in May, took the summer 'off' to travel and relax, have been applying for jobs for a couple months now. Ultimately looking for a job in the music industry!
    Very cool! If you gte a job at Sub Pop records, i'm sending you my demo haha :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Best of luck, Sam, don't give up! There's gotta be something out there for you.

I am quite happy that I didn't have to go on a job hunt like this and can work on my own from home, at a job that I love.
  • Options
    ^That's awesome! All I want is to love what I do. That's really important to me.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    You will find something. I'm crossing my fingers for you :)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    samjam said:

Fingers crossed. Good luck!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    strange dreams last night, and thinking about going shopping but dont want to drive in the rain
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    glad they put a stop to all that drama...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    missing someone pretty bad right now. i just wonder how she is.

studying for this certification exam i take tomorrow. getting test anxiety...

day 5 without facebook. it is amazing how quiet life is when you get away from the social media.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    does it really take 3 days to replace that part?!!?!?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

day 5 without facebook. it is amazing how quiet life is when you get away from the social media.

Good luck for your test! And I hope you get to hear from the person you are missing so bad :)
  • Options
    On my mind now too... We have been married for two years today! Wow, not one lame day has passed by. Being married rocks! Thank you for bringing me together with my hubs, Pearl Jam :D
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

On my mind now too... We have been married for two years today! Wow, not one lame day has passed by. Being married rocks! Thank you for bringing me together with my hubs, Pearl Jam :D

Congrats !!!!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    samjam said:

^That's awesome! All I want is to love what I do. That's really important to me.

Good luck samjam..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i love this song
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Congratulations!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited November 2014
    samjam said:

Good luck!!!
    With that out of the way, and at the risk of sounding like a negative Nelly, it might take you quite a while in the work world to find something you love. Right now, right after graduation, you might just want to start building experience, whether you love the job(s) or not. Otherwise you could be looking for a job for loooooong time. You could get lucky and land something you love now, and of course I hope you do, but that's not usually how it works is all.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    wishing it wasn't pouring rain in Vancouver so that I could enjoy going out and wandering around.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565

wishing it wasn't pouring rain in Vancouver so that I could enjoy going out and wandering around.

Go for a walk in the woods at Stanley Park. It's best in the rain! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Who makes music happen? me and you make it exist. -Jack White
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Getting ready to go to a new doctor.. That's always scary..
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Good luck!!!
    With that out of the way, and at the risk of sounding like a negative Nelly, it might take you quite a while in the work world to find something you love. Right now, right after graduation, you might just want to start building experience, whether you love the job(s) or not. Otherwise you could be looking for a job for loooooong time. You could get lucky and land something you love now, and of course I hope you do, but that's not usually how it works is all.
    Thanks to all that have wished me luck!

And yes, I totally understand what you mean PJ_Soul! Sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow, but a good thing to remember. Especially as strangely, most people I know from HS/college have been doing quite well regarding employment. Lots of people in terrific jobs already, it's crazy to see! Was that way for my mom, too (knew what she wanted to do as a kid, went through school, grad school, great jobs all her life) so sometimes it's hard when she has such high expectations for me.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    PJ_Soul said:

Go for a walk in the woods at Stanley Park. It's best in the rain! :)

I don't have the right gear for that, I'm soaked just from my trip to New Town, but I got siopao so success :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168

Good luck for your test! And I hope you get to hear from the person you are missing so bad :)
    thanks! i passed it! 3 more letters after my name...

nah, i won't hear from her ever again. she was just someone who used to give me a lot of strength when i was stressed out, like i was over this exam. now that i passed it i don't need to hear from her.

congratulations on your anniversary!! 2 years already... :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    It's unfortunate when you already know your weekend is going to suck before it even starts.... :((
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

It's unfortunate when you already know your weekend is going to suck before it even starts.... :((

you're not having a very good week are you? image

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

hey RK, no, my cat is dying of cancer and she's just withering away in front of us and we have decided to put her down this weekend and it's killing me. She's my baby...I've had her for a 3rd of my life, and I'm just having a horrid time dealing with it....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

thanks! i passed it! 3 more letters after my name...

nah, i won't hear from her ever again. she was just someone who used to give me a lot of strength when i was stressed out, like i was over this exam. now that i passed it i don't need to hear from her.

congratulations on your anniversary!! 2 years already... :)
    Congratulations to you as well!

I know, two years does sound crazy. But time flies when you're having fun :D And renovating a house =))

PJSiren, hang in there. Think good thoughts. I'm sending you hugs.

Samjam - I did an internship after I graduation (I was actually officially unemployed for the time of the internship, half a year, but used the time), and things fell into place, so a job came out of that. I was basically learning by doing and in the end helped building the whole editorship department. I stayed with the company for 7 years, through good and bad times. I learned a lot, but now I am happy I am on my own. I don't know how it is with internships over here, are they paying? Maybe something like that would be a good start...
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

hey RK, no, my cat is dying of cancer and she's just withering away in front of us and we have decided to put her down this weekend and it's killing me. She's my baby...I've had her for a 3rd of my life, and I'm just having a horrid time dealing with it....
    oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing what is best for her right now. Think of all the good times you shared with her, she had a good life with you. Give her extra snuggles and big hugs when you get home tonight.

- Christopher McCandless