what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

It's unfortunate when you already know your weekend is going to suck before it even starts.... :((

you're not having a very good week are you? image
    hey RK, no, my cat is dying of cancer and she's just withering away in front of us and we have decided to put her down this weekend and it's killing me. She's my baby...I've had her for a 3rd of my life, and I'm just having a horrid time dealing with it....
    oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing what is best for her right now. Think of all the good times you shared with her, she had a good life with you. Give her extra snuggles and big hugs when you get home tonight.
    +1
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    JWPearl said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

It's unfortunate when you already know your weekend is going to suck before it even starts.... :((

you're not having a very good week are you? image
    hey RK, no, my cat is dying of cancer and she's just withering away in front of us and we have decided to put her down this weekend and it's killing me. She's my baby...I've had her for a 3rd of my life, and I'm just having a horrid time dealing with it....
    oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing what is best for her right now. Think of all the good times you shared with her, she had a good life with you. Give her extra snuggles and big hugs when you get home tonight.
    +1
    thank you both...i intend to....and i'm trying not to be....my heart just can't handle this very well....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    i understand.. you want to know something silly, after my dog passed away a song came out the very next day, it reminds me of my dog and makes me happy sad, here it is https://youtube.com/watch?v=rg-3a6Hy-yc
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

i understand.. you want to know something silly, after my dog passed away a song came out the very next day, it reminds me of my dog and makes me happy sad, here it is https://youtube.com/watch?v=rg-3a6Hy-yc

That's a very pretty song! I've had a really hard time with music all week, umpteen million songs that don't usually make me cry have made me cry...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    aww i cant tell you your going to feel better, because like me your going to wish you had access to money to put her on chemo, but that is really only more suffering on her part bc chemo is hell on earth, your decision is the best.. so sorry
  • Options
    I know, we made the right decision, my heart just doesn't agree with my head....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    naturally, we were created with the will for eternal life and love and longing, fact...we accept death bc its inevitable and a way of life, and most of us do not know any better...
  • Options
    that song i posted is what i imagine what my dog thinks, its so him, he always felts abandoned but i was always by his side..
  • Options
    my dog, rip...
  • Options
    imagemy baby photo IMG_0616_zpsf40da1c9.jpg" />
  • Options
    american staffy x english staffy, what is your kitty ?
  • Options
    awww, he's a cutie...dogsdo always feel neglected unless you're paying attention to them when they want it, our dog is like that too...they are funny little creatures, and then cats can take or leave you...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    my dog needed me 24/7 he did have a problem when we went out he would bark and try to stop you with his teeth lol, he had issues but thats bc he left his home at 8 weeks from a open house with his mum and dad and brothers and sisters, he was not seprated from his parent until we got him, i guess it affected his doggy life, cute thing..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Pets are the best friends ever...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Big hugs to you PJSiren. I am so sorry for what you are going through. It's never easy but at least she had a good life with you. <3
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Sorry PJSiren :(

On my mind...my job has been just too much lately. Overwhelmingly busy and it's really not healthy. I need to find my balance again
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    JWPearl said:

my dog, rip...

Sorry for your loss ...life is hard when we loose them...i'm with you
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    It's been 5&4 years respectively since I lost each if my wolfdogs.. They were my life, they were the reason I started my rescue, ( well Momo was Ace had to learn not to kill everything), and even now I can hear Pilate, and bawl. It's crazy how much pets can touch your heart.. Then last year I lost the last of my 12 rescue cats, Tommy The Cat ( he was named after a Primus song, Momo found him for me! And he was the most expensive kitty EVER! Cost 6,000 for my part to save him. All together all 7 of his skin graft surgeries cost nearly 20,000 dollars; he had sponsers through the rescue). And as everyone here has shared, we all are here with you! We know how hard this is, and the pain you feel. So hugs from here, just know all the pets before her will be there to welcome Tabby Lu into pet heaven, where just like all those before her, she will be free from pain, and become your furry gaurdian angel.
    My boys:
    Ace,
    Momo,
    Tommy The Cat,
    May they all rest peacefully.. I miss you guys!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm starting to run again. My distance is small, but I had a great time running to Pearl Jam's Porch from East Rutherford 060106
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    i need a drink or a few but cant as i've been drinking the last couple of days and have to watch my liver on my medication (:|
  • Options
    Why do flights to montana have to be so freaking expensive? $640 for one RT ticket? I could fly to Hawaii for that price.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    RKCNDY said:

Why do flights to montana have to be so freaking expensive? $640 for one RT ticket? I could fly to Hawaii for that price.

If you go to Hawaii, you better let me know! I wanna go too!! Of course I want to go to MT too.. :-)
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    So why would you fly to Montana, then, when you could fly to Hawaii?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

People tend to die, and well, people expect to see you at the funeral...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    i hope i get a better sleeping pattern in the future compared to lately all over the place..mm sleep
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    RKCNDY said:

Sorry to hear of your loss, and for being flippant.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

Sorry to hear of your loss, and for being flippant.
    Thanks, but no worries, things are so weird right now. Not the best time to try and make last minute travel plans. I think we're going to drive and hope the passes stay clear.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    Pastitsio
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    apparently i am not as cool as the trombone player....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    In my experience trombone players are nothing but trouble and rather dorky. I'm sure you are waaay cooler.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden