Options

*** Cincinnati Fanviews Here 10/1/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    kladkinskladkins Huntington, WV Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    AMAZING. Very emotional moments (for myself) during Nothingman, Man of The Hour, and as always, Black. MY CHURCH! Wish I could make it to another show this year. Celebrated my 5 year wedding anniversary with my husband and was the best way I could think of!! Wish Eddie wasn't in pain, he was definitely limping. His guitar smash was amazing!! And Mike was going off all night. I just can't say enough about Pearl Jam.

Post edited by kladkins on
    Pittsburgh 10-11-2013, Charlottesville 10-29-13, Cincinnati 10-1-14
    "Understand she's a force of nature.."
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Can Detroit show get here any sooner?! Congrats Cincy, hope you all keep positive even well after the show.
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Oh and Ed, I can examine your leg. Trust me, I'm a doctor ;)
  • Options
    FrankY59 said:

Oh and Ed, I can examine your leg. Trust me, I'm a doctor ;)

DOC! I've got a problem! It's been about 25 hours since the Cincy show broke, & I still feel...high...euphoric even. Is there something I can (or should want to) do? Lol!

Great show last night. Hoping I can make it to the Detroit show, but not looking good. Enjoy the show, Doc!
    Cols, OH 03-31-1992
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH 08-26-1998
    Cols, OH 08-21-2000
    Cols, OH 06-24-2003
    Cin, OH 06-24-2006
    Cols, OH 05-06-2010
    Pitt, PA 10-11-2013
    Cin, OH 10-01-2014
    Lexington, KY 04-26-2016

"It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough, 'All you need is love.'" LBC
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206
    First time ever i got to meet the man himself. Great show. Great experience. Very memorable. Had a blast.
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

First time ever i got to meet the man himself. Great show. Great experience. Very memorable. Had a blast.

Which man? Six were performing. And I'd argue that they are all "the man" in thier own right.

It was a great show, wasn't it? Hope your travel was uneventful & safe.
    Cols, OH 03-31-1992
    Cols, OH 08-21-2000
    Cols, OH 06-24-2003
    Cin, OH 06-24-2006
    Cols, OH 05-06-2010
    Pitt, PA 10-11-2013
    Cin, OH 10-01-2014
    Lexington, KY 04-26-2016

"It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough, 'All you need is love.'" LBC
  • Options
    jjheel13jjheel13 Durham, NC Posts: 222
    Haven't been to a show since Boston 2010. Do they still still sell poster tubes at the merch stands?
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    jjheel13 said:

Haven't been to a show since Boston 2010. Do they still still sell poster tubes at the merch stands?

Yep. If you get there early enough.
    Cols, OH 03-31-1992
    Cols, OH 08-21-2000
    Cols, OH 06-24-2003
    Cin, OH 06-24-2006
    Cols, OH 05-06-2010
    Pitt, PA 10-11-2013
    Cin, OH 10-01-2014
    Lexington, KY 04-26-2016

• Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Amazing energy, the band, specifically Ed, seemed very much in awe and very appreciative of the enthusiasm of the crowd. The excitement they felt was palpable.

Spectacular! Ten Club seats, best I've ever had.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    DPAttyDPAtty Posts: 58
    PJ212, I made eye contact with Ed right at the moment I threw up the double hand peace sign, and I have no idea what else was happening around me for a few seconds. Such a powerful moment. Stoked that everyone around me was on the same wavelength. Hopefully someone who was sitting behind the stage has video. Also, kladkins used the phrase "my church" to describe her experience during Black, to which I can only add "Yes. Yes it was. And is." In fact, for some lucky couple, that was almost literally true. After the GA doors opened, but I'm guessing before the main doors opened, there was a couple that got married up in one of the suites. Looked like a full bridal party, the whole deal. And I swear one of the groomsman was wearing a kilt. If the newly married couple is reading this, congratulations. We (the folks in the pit) all cheered for you. And please tell us--what's the backstory that ended with you getting hitched at a Pearl Jam show???
    "But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed by faceless men, well, fuckers, he still stands!"
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead..."
    "'You're still alive,' she said.  Oh, and do I deserve to be?  Is that the question?  And if so...if so...who answers?...who answers?" 
    "I believe, and I believe 'cuz I can see our future days. Days of you and me."

1998.08.26 Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls; 2000.10.14 Houston; 2000.10.15 Houston; 2003.04.06 Houston;
    2004.10.02 Toledo; 2006.05.20 Cleveland; 2006.05.22 Auburn Hills; 2010.05.06 Columbus;
    2010.05.09 Cleveland; 2014.10.01 Cincinnati; 2016.04.26 Lexington; 2018.08.18 Chicago N1;
    2018.08.18 Chicago N2; 2022.09.08 Toronto; 2022.09.22 Denver; 2023.09.10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Highlights for me were the intro/jam to LBC, and when Jeff was balancing the swinging light on his shoulder/side of face while playing.
    I was in section 128 row L, and had great seats! Thanks Ten Club!!!!!
    Met some great people from Cincinnati, Nashville and DC.
  • Options
    jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    This was my 16th show and was wrapped I got 5 songs I'd never heard before (Of the Girl, Waiting on a Friend, Sleeping by Myself, Parachutes and ATY).

Highlights for me were definitely Of the Girl. Had been chasing that for ages. Also the intro to LBC was awesome.

Looking forward to my next show in Memphis!
    Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

This was my 16th show and was wrapped I got 5 songs I'd never heard before (Of the Girl, Waiting on a Friend, Sleeping by Myself, Parachutes and ATY).

Highlights for me were definitely Of the Girl. Had been chasing that for ages. Also the intro to LBC was awesome.

Yes! I was chasing Of The Girl also. So...is it Jarko the tennis player?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention...I have never seen an arena gig where the upper levels were standing like that. Almost the entire arena was on its feet the entire night! Pitt and Buff last year didn't have half that many people standing, it was really good to see.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Amazing show in GA...minus the drunk (more like annihilated) guy behind my boyfriend who kept pushing/falling over; and the total jackass who cut in front of us then bumped into me 20 plus times and never once apologized. Aside from that, met some great people and LOVED the whole experience. Highlight of entire thing? Meeting Jeff Ament at an art store in downtown Cincinnati the day before the show. Yes, that was us in the pic posted on Jeff Ament's Army FB page!!!!
    We named our dog Mookie!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    We were talking to one of the ushers and he said he had never seen the place like that before the show. It was like a holiday for the city.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    rgambs said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention...I have never seen an arena gig where the upper levels were standing like that. Almost the entire arena was on its feet the entire night! Pitt and Buff last year didn't have half that many people standing, it was really good to see.

Was a great crowd, indeed. I was worried about that because I saw Queens of the Stone Age in Cinci last year and the crowd was just horrible. Needless to say it was about 180 degrees different for PJ.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    DPAtty said:

PJ212, I made eye contact with Ed right at the moment I threw up the double hand peace sign, and I have no idea what else was happening around me for a few seconds. Such a powerful moment. Stoked that everyone around me was on the same wavelength. Hopefully someone who was sitting behind the stage has video. Also, kladkins used the phrase "my church" to describe her experience during Black, to which I can only add "Yes. Yes it was. And is." In fact, for some lucky couple, that was almost literally true. After the GA doors opened, but I'm guessing before the main doors opened, there was a couple that got married up in one of the suites. Looked like a full bridal party, the whole deal. And I swear one of the groomsman was wearing a kilt. If the newly married couple is reading this, congratulations. We (the folks in the pit) all cheered for you. And please tell us--what's the backstory that ended with you getting hitched at a Pearl Jam show???

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    lolobugg said:

TS164310 said:

xhausted1 said:

Sounds like a bit of confusion with the line. I saw some pics & it looked very unorganized. Was there any reason why the line changed?

Thanks to the poster who shared his pics from the show. Nice seats! Great set list, too!

It did seem a but unorganized, but perhaps venue specific. If they kept the GA line open everyone would have gotten in quicker.
    We Got To The Venue About 745. Lines To Get In Were Extremely Long. They Were Playing A Message Over The Outside PA Saying That PJ Will Not Take The Stage Until Everyone Is In The Venue. Finally They Opened Up Another Entrance And We Got Right In.

Swear It Was A PJ Security Guard That Told Us About The Other Entrance. He Was Really Cool. Said They WanteD To Make Sure Everyone Was In So They Could Start.

Def A Venue Issue. Got The Idea That They Don't Normally Handle That Volume Of People. Great Venue Though And It Was F'ing Loud Too!!!

Great Show. Thank You PJ!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

How was the early merch tent crowd? Im just curious if the lines were crazy. Ill be at the STL show and want to get a poster ahead of time but dont really want to spend 2 hours in line.

I was in the early merch crowd. I got up there at about 12:45 and was in line for a good hour and a half. Everyone was great. It wasn't that big of a deal. I was there for the day anyhow.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Anybody know exactly how long Ed's been playing the white Gibson SG? I feel like it's been a decade but I don't know...half sad and half amped that he smashed it!

Guitars have been known to be fixed...
    Looked like the neck split from what I saw, but it happened fast and I wasn't close enough to say for sure. If so, I'd say that guitar is gone.
    It looked very much in pieces and if it wasn't dead enough, I do believe that he gave it one last smack. They were cleaning up hunks of guitar when the concert was over.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    deadendp said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Anybody know exactly how long Ed's been playing the white Gibson SG? I feel like it's been a decade but I don't know...half sad and half amped that he smashed it!

Looked like the neck split from what I saw, but it happened fast and I wasn't close enough to say for sure. If so, I'd say that guitar is gone.
    It looked very much in pieces and if it wasn't dead enough, I do believe that he gave it one last smack. They were cleaning up hunks of guitar when the concert was over.
    Yeah I saw pictures, it split up pretty good! Crazy!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    alizmi said:

Yes! I was chasing Of The Girl also. So...is it Jarko the tennis player?
    Na. Jarkko is my favourite tennis player. Have been following him for over a decade.

Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
  • Options
    gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    Great show! #39 for me and my first ga show. Loved it, parachutes was my first time. Great energy. Never saw Stone go crazy like that, it was awesome. Great crowd. Still sore today, getting old I guess. Worth the aches.
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Apparently the venue and the Cincy police are blaming PJ for the issues before the show...

Sounds pretty un-PJ like if you ask me... I'm calling BS,,
    Cincinnati Police and US Bank Arena officials said that the band had requested extra security, including wanding using hand-held metal detectors as well as back pats. That, plus a surge of late-arriving fans at the two entrances, created the backlog.
    cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/music/2014/10/02/pearl-jam-fans-wait-for-more-than-hour/16576781/
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206

joseph33 said:

Which man? Six were performing. And I'd argue that they are all "the man" in thier own right.

It was a great show, wasn't it? Hope your travel was uneventful & safe.
    Ed
  • Options
    qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    edited October 2014

:)
    Post edited by qcrete on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    # 139xxx - section 114 row D seats 1 & 2 -- thanks 10 club
    Post edited by qcrete on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    asking for a little help -- how do I post pictures to this forum? i have some posted on my facebook page -- you can pm me for my address
    Post edited by qcrete on
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited October 2014

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

There's a picture floating around facebook...
    What picture is that? Can you post it here?
    I tried to find it. No such luck. :( The photo was taken in some back hallway.

I think it broke somewhere at the base of the neck near the body. The head/neck might have broke too.

And if the other guy saw pieces being swept up off the stage, maybe it is a goner. :(

Oh well...I'm sure Ed can buy a new one.

Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"