Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    And to think all you needed to get the job done was Paul.

Christalmighty can you believe it? I still wince when they show him back there.
    Pretty funny, really.
    You'll be kissing his feet if he gets the Canes to the finals ;)
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rygar wrote:
    sorry B's...as one of the resident Whalers fans, i'm one happy boy this morning!!! please join your ole Adams division rivals as we try to take down sid the squid and the rest of the pens.

*cue brass bonanza*

Funny how coaches who dont have good players are always blamed

Maurice was a moron in TOR but now a Great coach
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Don't forget he was a moron in Carolina before, too ;)
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Rygar wrote:
    sorry B's...as one of the resident Whalers fans, i'm one happy boy this morning!!! please join your ole Adams division rivals as we try to take down sid the squid and the rest of the pens.

*cue brass bonanza*

Rygar knows full well my distaste for Maurice...it's been documented over the last few years on this board. he was an idiot in hartford and we'll leave it at that. :D

anyway, every dog has his day, and for the team's sake, i hope he hoists the cup next month.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    B's signed Krejci to a multi-year deal. I guess this means that they try and deal either Kessel or Savard at draft time.
  • Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I hope they get Mark. I'm iffy on Kessel

Although not my favorite team I'm still thrilled about their season

That game 7 sure was a doozy
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    congrats to Tim Thomas ... Vezina winner!

and Big Z wins the Norris trophy!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    jimed14 wrote:

Awwww man is this game sold out cause I'd love to go to this game?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Some of the boys already in Wilmington skating.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    whats happening with kessel?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whats happening with kessel?

Starting to hear trade rumors. I hope they make room for him somehow. Doesn't look like he gets back from shoulder surgery until early December.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    who is backing up Tim Thomas this year?

do they still have Fernandez under contract or is Rask ready to stay in the NHL full-time?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    who is backing up Tim Thomas this year?

do they still have Fernandez under contract or is Rask ready to stay in the NHL full-time?

Rask looked at as back up this year. Fernandez not resigned, talked about retirement, then about trying to play for another team.
  • Options
    RIP Fred Cusick ... you were such a part of my hockey experience growing up.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/hoc ... id=1197721

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Leafs v Bruins game on TSN tomorrow night
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,518
    Boston has been very lucky with iconic sports announcers, from Gil Santos to Fred Cusick to Johnnie Most. I miss Fred as he conveyed excitement during Bruins goals like no other. It's like a lost art form. I hope Johnny Pearson is still alive.
  • Options
    Yes the B's finally tallied one ona breakaway but the Caps and Oveckin are on fiya.

Let's go Bruins boston-bruins.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The Bruins look flat tonight not a great effort but that Ovechkin fellow is a pain in the Tuchas even I like the way he plays.

Peace

• Options
    only one game ... I watched two periods on channelsurfing.net as VS has been removed from DirecTV ... ugh.

Good to have hockey back, though

• Options
    Not sure where all the B's fans are ... (hibernating until new year I guess).

Lucic out for 4 - 6 weeks, same with Savard ... Kobasew traded ... been a busy start to this 4 - 4 season.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    The same place they are every time the B's aren't doing good, I reckon ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    The same place they are every time the B's aren't doing good, I reckon ;)

Well, there aren't a lot on this board to begin with ... but, for for better or worse, I think many of the folks wait for the Sox to be done and the Pats to have their playoff bid secured before they start caring about the B's.

• Options
    we need some help.. we need to get going..

and on the other hand.. fuck lapipierre.. or however the fuck spell it.. be a man and drop the gloves
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Well, the Bruins finally scored today. Too bad it shootout loss was against the Habs

As a major Devils fan, I root for the Bruins too but god damn. They lost what they had in 08/09

As I sat in my seat on the 29th of October I saw a very dismal team in action. NJD aren't an aggressive team but they held their own again the Bruins

Looking forward to the 27th when they play again. . . I'll be there
  • Options
    we need some help.. we need to get going..

and on the other hand.. fuck lapipierre.. or however the fuck spell it.. be a man and drop the gloves
    Lapierre ;)

Yeah he should have gone with Ference, but at least he's funny :P
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    the B's are good this year but just can't seem to get the puck in the net. when they are 100% healthy I'm hoping they pick it up some. They outplayed the habs for a lot of the game last night, but just can't score. They need to make a move for a sniper
  • Options
    the B's are good this year but just can't seem to get the puck in the net. when they are 100% healthy I'm hoping they pick it up some. They outplayed the habs for a lot of the game last night, but just can't score. They need to make a move for a sniper
    On the bright side (mine, that is) the Habs defensive game showed up for a change, and Price played well.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Rygar knows full well my distaste for Maurice...it's been documented over the last few years on this board. he was an idiot in hartford and we'll leave it at that. :D

anyway, every dog has his day, and for the team's sake, i hope he hoists the cup next month.
    Sorry Bruins thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread just to tell Steve that Paul Maurice is gonna get canned from Carolina, again!
  • Options
    it's ok ... we're cool with that.

oh, and skunked again last night. Tim Thomas was standing on his head all night and the B's couldn't get him one effin' goal ... not even in the shootout. oy.