Options

PJ fans in 12 step Recovery

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Happy Sobriety Birthday, Whispering Hands!!!! One year. That is amazing. I am proud of you. :triumph:
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Hobbes said:

Happy Sobriety Birthday, Whispering Hands!!!! One year. That is amazing. I am proud of you. :triumph:

Absolutely! Keep it up, girl! :plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    How does a Sober truck driver handle a full trailer of wine? He climbs in the trailer, straps the load to protect against damage then seals and locks it up without a second thought.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hobbes said:

deadendp said:

Hobbes said:

Absolutely! Keep it up, girl! :plus_one:
    thanks guys and gals! Here's to
    Plenty more years sober!!
  • Options
    Nine years clean and sober today. :smile:
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Hobbes said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is people like you that have been keeping me on the straight and narrow.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hobbes said:

Way to go, my furry friend!

And again, to all of you on the roads you tread.
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words. :peace:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hobbes said:

Congratulations!! A big hug for you, Hobbes. :hug:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Hobbes said:

Beautiful.
  • Options
    FUCK YEAH#!!#!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    This is a very cool thread! Glad I came upon it!

C
  • Options
    Awesome news Hobbes!!
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. Feeling the love. :hug:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I just wanted to say how happy I am that all of you beat your addictions and are still here with us. After losing someone much to young this week to addiction I am very grateful that you are still here.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

I just wanted to say how happy I am that all of you beat your addictions and are still here with us. After losing someone much to young this week to addiction I am very grateful that you are still here.

Hugs!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    ac/dc - sin city

you're welcome

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Interesting read. Looks like Dr Silkworth was on the right track all those years ago. And that some of messages we recieve in the rooms are on the money.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44147493/ns/health-addictions/t/addiction-now-defined-brain-disorder-not-behavior-issue/

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Wasnt on here for my anniversary, & hell was breaking out in Paris. But i celebrated 19 years clean & sober on November 13. Believe me, no matter what happens in life, being sober is one thing you can always know keeps it from being much worse. The serenity prayer anchors me when i feel like im losing my mind. And the "acceptance is the answer..." part of 12 steps & 12 traditions is something I may wrestle with at times, but the concept that "every person, place, thing, situation is exactly as it should be & until i accept things exactly as they are i will not find peace" has made me challenge the inert need to fix things to what i believe they should be & accept things that i dont want to. In the end, it's about courage to change, serenity to accept what i can't & the elusive wisdom to know the difference. Ive found that if I am refusing to let go of something because it's WRONG, & its become all consuming, I'm not serene. I cant believe I dont want to drink, & i know to always be grateful & cautious. No matter what people may do to hurt you, no one can take away my sobriety. And sometimes that is just so damn awesome that i keep moving forward.
    Congratulations to anniversaries I've missed, welcome to newcomers & remember that there but for the grace of god, go i. Always reach out for those who still struggle (for one day they may be your sponsor - keeps it in perspective). ✌
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Nancy, congratulations on your anniversary!!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Congrats, Nancy from New Jersey. :peace:
  • Options
    njnancy said:

Wasnt on here for my anniversary, & hell was breaking out in Paris. But i celebrated 19 years clean & sober on November 13. Believe me, no matter what happens in life, being sober is one thing you can always know keeps it from being much worse. The serenity prayer anchors me when i feel like im losing my mind. And the "acceptance is the answer..." part of 12 steps & 12 traditions is something I may wrestle with at times, but the concept that "every person, place, thing, situation is exactly as it should be & until i accept things exactly as they are i will not find peace" has made me challenge the inert need to fix things to what i believe they should be & accept things that i dont want to. In the end, it's about courage to change, serenity to accept what i can't & the elusive wisdom to know the difference. Ive found that if I am refusing to let go of something because it's WRONG, & its become all consuming, I'm not serene. I cant believe I dont want to drink, & i know to always be grateful & cautious. No matter what people may do to hurt you, no one can take away my sobriety. And sometimes that is just so damn awesome that i keep moving forward.
    Congratulations to anniversaries I've missed, welcome to newcomers & remember that there but for the grace of god, go i. Always reach out for those who still struggle (for one day they may be your sponsor - keeps it in perspective). ✌

Beautiful.
  • Options
    10. 10yrs since a decision and one small step toward action.

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    mickeyrat said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hit one year a couple of weeks ago and treated myself to a weekend of concerts plus the upcoming Philly shows to celebrate. This last year has gone by so fast but at the same time was one of the best years of my life. I am very conscious to remember my limitation but would never trade what I have now to go back. Life is so much better this way.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Smiling for you both, mickey and Ani.
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hit one year a couple of weeks ago and treated myself to a weekend of concerts plus the upcoming Philly shows to celebrate. This last year has gone by so fast but at the same time was one of the best years of my life. I am very conscious to remember my limitation but would never trade what I have now to go back. Life is so much better this way.
    You aint kidding its better this way.

Congrats to you as well.

• Options
    Congrats, Mick.
  • Options
    MelissaJGMelissaJG PA, United States Posts: 5
    edited May 2016
    I'm glad I found this thread! Been C&S since 1999! Congrats to those with recent anniversaries and for all of those to come!
    Post edited by MelissaJG on
    First show 4-29-16!
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats to you and welcome.
  • Options
    Two years clean and sober. As of right now.. Two years ago, I looked at a full can of beer in disgust.. I turned and begged God for help.. I was desolate, alone, and hopeless. Then, in just keeping my focus on God, and not my circumstances... Two years passed!

You guys' friendship has also been a huge part of that journey!! You all still love me, even
    Though I talk about God all the time, instead of PJ