Options

Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    I didnt go to Vietnam so you could take your time shipping your latest masterpiece. 
    you went to vietnam in 93 to open up a sweat shop... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjicAzfhIg
  • Options
    ^^^
    That is seriously funny. ha ha

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I didnt go to Vietnam so you could take your time shipping your latest masterpiece. 
    you went to vietnam in 93 to open up a sweat shop... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjicAzfhIg
    :lol:
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Insane right, it shipped from NY, Brooklyn to be exact :whistle:
    I've been saying it for a long time, something fishy going on at BNG. 
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    shecky said:

Also, has anyone else noticed the new trend of artists labeling posters as "variant" when they are the same colors and paper as the show edition?
    Does signing and numbering a poster truly make it a variant?
    What say you?

for this EV tour, the artist copies were all variants from the show copies...one color variants, so the ACs all are one color different from the show copies 
  • Options
    Very cool. Awesome getting the details from one of the artists. You've dropped a lot of knowledge in this thread. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    So my brother in the metallica fan club says this tour for the first time posters are huge. They are all crazy skulls and lightning, so I ask him but who hangs that if they don't live in a dungeon? He says metallica fans want it to be a dungeon. 

My favorite posters are the city/venue specific ones that are real expression about the city and band. 

Brad, your one of the best poster artists IMO. I feel like pj fans have a bit of class, so I suggest some really ambiguous not clearly a rock show poster design but highlighting locations. 

Ya know so my wife lets me hang it. 

The best most timeless posters are about the show city. I'm still chasing the bike on the gorge. It's nice to be able to tell the artist your a fan. Thanks for giving a shit. 
  • Options
    ^^^pretty much why Mumford and Klausen are my favorites of this tour. Both captured something very unique and representative. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    RS65573 said:
    So my brother in the metallica fan club says this tour for the first time posters are huge. They are all crazy skulls and lightning, so I ask him but who hangs that if they don't live in a dungeon? He says metallica fans want it to be a dungeon. 

My favorite posters are the city/venue specific ones that are real expression about the city and band. 

Brad, your one of the best poster artists IMO. I feel like pj fans have a bit of class, so I suggest some really ambiguous not clearly a rock show poster design but highlighting locations. 

Ya know so my wife lets me hang it. 

The best most timeless posters are about the show city. I'm still chasing the bike on the gorge. It's nice to be able to tell the artist your a fan. Thanks for giving a shit. 
    There sure is a lot of PJ posters that have crazy skulls. The main poster for this last EV tour was a skull, as well as one one of the Amsterdam posters. Wouldn't say it is just a Metallica thing, though the skulls seem to fit Metallica well.

I agree on the commit about Brad as well.
  • Options
    Didnt Ames do a lot of this Metallica tour? :lol:
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    shecky said:

Also, has anyone else noticed the new trend of artists labeling posters as "variant" when they are the same colors and paper as the show edition?
    Does signing and numbering a poster truly make it a variant?
    What say you?

for this EV tour, the artist copies were all variants from the show copies...one color variants, so the ACs all are one color different from the show copies 
    I stand corrected. Thank you for the info, Brad. I guess my eyes just can't register the subtle differences in color. With the exception of the beautiful Timothy Pittides poster, with purple tulips in the standard version and orange tulips in the variant. Even I can see that!
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    Didnt Ames do a lot of this Metallica tour? :lol:
    Yes. Their fans love them as much as we do. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    demetrios said:
    Do others have a poster size preference? My preference of size is the longer vertical posters like the first 4. Allows for easier placement on the wall than some of the larger prints I have. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Completely agree^. I also like when artists make them smaller than the typical 18x24. Makes it more unique and wall space friendly 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Does anybody have a picture of Cork show poster and variant?
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    demetrios said:
    Story behind Rhys Cooper's Taormina poster.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioSeppuku/

This print was designed very specifically because of the town and culture and I wanted to do something that referenced the history of not only the amazing venue but also it's art with some nice parallel with Eddie himself.

To elaborate a little, the gig is in a little town in Sicily, Italy called Taormina which has a famous drinking fountain of a water horse or Hippocampus.

Hippocampus are popular in a lot of Italian art and fountains, the most famous being the Trevi Fountain which is full of them. I liked the horse theme for a few reasons as it is an Italian symbol (Italian Stallion, Ferrari) and the Hippocampus is a symbol of art, history and culture.

Taormina is also a small sea side fishing town with the venue being an ancient amphitheater so I found the sea/horse also represented a nice mix of the sea and land.

Eddie himself is also a keen surfer so this connection to the ocean was something that worked well.

I didn't like it first but as more i look at it, its awesome Demetrios..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    mcgruff10 said:
    So what happened with the Merch in Sicily? Why did police shut it down?
    They said the PJ merch situation is out of control 
    I was there both days..fucked up..waiting for an hour on first day with no cash, only card..moments before my line, the system felt down..pissed off, enter the venue about 8..10 minutes before Ed show, friend call me and he told me that they taking cards now and there is no people..take anything i need..the second day it was better..i bought only the poster..lot of people buy lot of things..lot of Italian pins and posters..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    emjot said:

emjot said:

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Yeah, I just can't really see what's different between them. 
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    EM194007 said:
    emjot said:

emjot said:

Both of the above are variants. Signed EV copies sold at the show we're variants. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    demetrios said:
    EM194007 said:
    emjot said:

emjot said:

Both of the above are variants. Signed EV copies sold at the show we're variants. 
    This wasn't  signed, and was sold at the show. I still don't see much difference, unless I'm missing something.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The picture I took sucks for the lighting - I have a wild beast that lives with me and the basement is the only place I can spread the poster out ;) 
  • Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    The picture I took sucks for the lighting - I have a wild beast that lives with me and the basement is the only place I can spread the poster out ;) 
    Ha ha! Cute!   :)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    EM194007 said:
    demetrios said:
    EM194007 said:
    emjot said:

emjot said:

This wasn't  signed, and was sold at the show. I still don't see much difference, unless I'm missing something.

The green is definitely brighter on the octopus with the variant. 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Look for an antwerp poster!

I also have a Medium grey evolve shirt I want to trade for a small.
  • Options
    IvanRansleyIvanRansley Posts: 940
    ISO last 2 pins
  • Options
    ultranoiaultranoia Posts: 8
    Hi there! I'm looking for a Taormina night 2 poster. Thank you
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    hihobibo said:
    demetrios said:
    Do others have a poster size preference? My preference of size is the longer vertical posters like the first 4. Allows for easier placement on the wall than some of the larger prints I have. 
    Totally the opposite, I hate those long posters. If they are not getting framed they are a nightmare when it comes to portfolios. I personally love those smaller Prints like Brads Ft Lauderdale, London 17, Krauses' Berlin 2010 or the Ames Raleigh 98.......they are great for framing.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ultranoia said:
    Hi there! I'm looking for a Taormina night 2 poster. Thank you
    Any word on the AP for this one yet?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Damn!!!