Multiple Fatalities- Ariana Grande Concert

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Make no mistake, this was an attack targeting UK female teenagers. When will the Feminists come out and protest with their pink pussy hats??
    Well that is quite the passive aggressive statement against feminists.
    More aggressive than passive.  Point is, they won't.
    So you're literally making no point at all. Got it. Well, except maybe the point that you're a chauvinist.
    Calling someone a name or categorizing them means you have no response to my statement.  Not agreeing with Feminism does not make one a chauvinist in the slightest.  I pointed out their hypocrisy by stating the obvious. 
    The obvious? You didn't point out anything, let alone something obvious, and yes, "not agreeing with feminism" does in fact mean that you're a chauvinist. If you don't realize that saying you don't agree with feminism = you don't agree with the fight for equal rights for women and the rejection of female subjugation, then at best, you have absolutely no idea what feminists really are, so you've decided to direct aggressive sentiment towards women for something you don't even understand at all. How in the world you got to 'feminists are hypocrites because a terrorist attacked an Ariana Grande concert and they aren't all out in pink hats' is completely beyond me. Doesn't make any sense at all.
    Name calling gets you nowhere, grow up.  Your opinion makes you absent-minded of the facts of how third-wave feminism is an obvious push for more than just "equal rights" for women and that they turn a blind eye to the plight of women in Islamic countries and now being targeted in Europe. Are you saying I don't understand it, because I'm a man?  How precious. Makes perfect sense, they pick and choose their battles, and it's not even the right one.
    Name calling, lol. You are presenting yourself as a chauvinist but don't want to be called one. Too bad for you.
    And you just confirmed that you don't know much of anything about feminism, and NO, absolutely not because you're a man. That you assumed that is yet more proof you don't know what you're talking about. It's because of your own words here in this thread. Your gross bias is obvious in everything you just wrote.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Make no mistake, this was an attack targeting UK female teenagers. When will the Feminists come out and protest with their pink pussy hats??
    So you're literally making no point at all. Got it. Well, except maybe the point that you're a chauvinist.
    Calling someone a name or categorizing them means you have no response to my statement.  Not agreeing with Feminism does not make one a chauvinist in the slightest.  I pointed out their hypocrisy by stating the obvious. 
    The obvious? You didn't point out anything, let alone something obvious, and yes, "not agreeing with feminism" does in fact mean that you're a chauvinist. If you don't realize that saying you don't agree with feminism = you don't agree with the fight for equal rights for women and the rejection of female subjugation, then at best, you have absolutely no idea what feminists really are, so you've decided to direct aggressive sentiment towards women for something you don't even understand at all. How in the world you got to 'feminists are hypocrites because a terrorist attacked an Ariana Grande concert and they aren't all out in pink hats' is completely beyond me. Doesn't make any sense at all.
    Name calling gets you nowhere, grow up.  Your opinion makes you absent-minded of the facts of how third-wave feminism is an obvious push for more than just "equal rights" for women and that they turn a blind eye to the plight of women in Islamic countries and now being targeted in Europe. Are you saying I don't understand it, because I'm a man?  How precious. Makes perfect sense, they pick and choose their battles, and it's not even the right one.
    Name calling, lol. You are presenting yourself as a chauvinist but don't want to be called one. Too bad for you.
    And you just confirmed that you don't know much of anything about feminism, and NO, absolutely not because you're a man. That you assumed that is yet more proof you don't know what you're talking about. It's because of your own words here in this thread. Your gross bias is obvious in everything you just wrote.
    You can call me whatever you want, I don't care.  The point is your argument is weak when you turn to ad hom attacks. Three time and you have not stated how I am a "chauvinist." You have no proof of anything but your absent-minded view of Feminism and the world. Now I am biased?  Ok dude, weak sauce once again.  If you are going to debate, then stick to the facts and not trying to define people as "biased" or "Chauvanist" it exposes your foolishness.
    well, in the same way that if someone were to say they are against the civil rights movement would make them a racist. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Oh, the irony.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Quick...change your facebook profile pics, that'll solve it.
    so tell us, how do you solve it?
    Stop importing them.  This person waited for children to be released from inside according to witnesses.  Children.

Stop being lovey dovey over people that wish to do us harm.
    the bomber was born in the UK. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Stop importing them.  This person waited for children to be released from inside according to witnesses.  Children.

Born in the UK.  Father left to go back to Libya...kid spend 3 weeks in Libya just before proving without a shadow of a doubt that he is a cowardly piece of shit.  Let's not pretend this is a UK thing....in fact I don;t think its even a country thing,
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well, since we don't know if you are a man or not, and since it didn't come up in the argument, I'm guessing that's not the reason for PJSoul's opinion. 

And how do you make the leap from an Ariana Grande concert being bombed to feminist needing to protest in pussy hats or they don't support Muslim women's rights? If there was a shred of logic to that, maybe we could actually discuss it. What would you say the appropriate hat would have been to protest against the EODM concert bombing?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Born in the UK.  Father left to go back to Libya...kid spend 3 weeks in Libya just before proving without a shadow of a doubt that he is a cowardly piece of shit.  Let's not pretend this is a UK thing....in fact I don;t think its even a country thing,
    let's not pretend it's an immigrant problem. most attacks since 9/11 have been perpetrated by citizens of the country they attacked. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

let's not pretend it's an immigrant problem. most attacks since 9/11 have been perpetrated by citizens of the country they attacked. 
    They seem to become radicalized after visiting certain countries like Syria. Maybe ban citizens from visiting these countries?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Ah, I get your point.  Missed it at first.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

They seem to become radicalized after visiting certain countries like Syria. Maybe ban citizens from visiting these countries?
    I don't think it's quite that simple. I doubt you turn into a jihadist over your vacation. it was more likely something he had been taught for years by his relatives. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I don't think they get radicalized when they travel to these countries.  They travel because they've been radicalized.  I honestly think its the product of younger people having lots of time on their hands....24 hour news cycle....getting pissed off about things...and then using the internet to find people that agree....and then eventually weird things start to seem like good ideas.  It gets normalized by their interactions with others online.  Like fetishes....but with worse consequences.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    edited May 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I don't think it's quite that simple. I doubt you turn into a jihadist over your vacation. it was more likely something he had been taught for years by his relatives. 
    Very true. so newspapers reported that the manchester bomber became radicalized in syria after three weeks....does that mean he got his final training or his mission?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Very true. so newspapers reported that the manchester bomber became radicalized in syria after three weeks....does that mean he got his final training or his mission?
    I couldn't imagine being ok with the fact that my kid was going to die and kill other kids...

Were the parents aware?!?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2017
    So feminists in pink pussy hats are to blame for terrorism? Well shit, that changes things!

LOL 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I couldn't imagine being ok with the fact that my kid was going to die and kill other kids...

it's impossible to understand for any rational human being. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Sounds like the whole family was in on it. The men, anyway. The brother and dad of the bomber were apparently closely involved in the plot. Hours of family fun.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I fully support "Evil Losers" being used in lieu of terrorists from this point moving forward
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm struggling to see a relevant connection between feminist protesters in America and a terrorist attack in the UK???  How does that make sense.
    I'm also wondering when @dmaradona10 is going to call for Ivanka to give that 100mill back to Saudi Arabia, that's about equally as relevant to the conversation lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    It's impossible to prove, ot disprove god. 
    It shouldn't be necessary.  At all.
    Any God worth his salt would say, "Dudes, what the fuck is up with the war and the rape and the murder, the starving children, the terrorism, and the poverty?? Get your shit together!"

The fact that God hasn't done so is proof.  Proof that God doesn't exist, or proof that if God exists, God is shitty.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    rgambs said:
    riley540 said:
    Any God worth his salt would say, "Dudes, what the fuck is up with the war and the rape and the murder, the starving children, the terrorism, and the poverty?? Get your shit together!"

The fact that God hasn't done so is proof.  Proof that God doesn't exist, or proof that if God exists, God is shitty.
    There's more options than that. Free will; the best and worst gift humans were given. If we wish to destroy ourselves, so be it. That's not proof or disproof of god.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    PJ_Soul said:l
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Sounds like the whole family was in on it. The men, anyway. The brother and dad of the bomber were apparently closely involved in the plot. Hours of family fun.
    Where on earth did you get your information? So far what has been said is that his father was known to be completely opposed to ISIS! 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Where on earth did you get your information? So far what has been said is that his father was known to be completely opposed to ISIS! 
    BBC just said they arrested the whole lot of 'em
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,633
    rgambs said:
    I'm struggling to see a relevant connection between feminist protesters in America and a terrorist attack in the UK???  How does that make sense.
    I'm also wondering when @dmaradona10 is going to call for Ivanka to give that 100mill back to Saudi Arabia, that's about equally as relevant to the conversation lol
    It's just an attempt to try and put liberals in a double bind. I think it goes like this: If you support women's rights, speak out against the cheeto dusted yam bragging about grabbing women, and don't want roe v wade overturned, that this runs in opposition to Islam due to the general treatment of women in several countries where the majority are Muslim. They expect feminists to condemn Islam after terrorist attacks, and if you don't you're being hypocritical. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    riley540 said:

There's more options than that. Free will; the best and worst gift humans were given. If we wish to destroy ourselves, so be it. That's not proof or disproof of god.
    Sounds like a weak attempt to sidestep God's responsibility. 
    "It's all part of my infinite plan.
    Except if it sucks, then it's human free will.
    Oh yeah, concerning that, I'm giving you free will as an option to torture each other in every conceivable way, and I know you will use it to do just that.  Not my fault, your the one with the free will."

• Options
    "Oh yeah, almost forgot, I'm calling it a gift so you'd better be thankful, otherwise I will burn and torture you for eternity.
    You're welcome!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I still need to buy my gf one of those pink pussy hats... any suggestions?

Or is that funding terrorism? LOL

seriously though, any recommendations?
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Not true, his father and one of his brothers have been detained by militia in Libya. Thus far all reports in UK and Ireland refer to the father as being a vocal opponent of ISIS
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    riley540 said:

Sounds like a weak attempt to sidestep God's responsibility. 
    "It's all part of my infinite plan.
    Except if it sucks, then it's human free will.
    Oh yeah, concerning that, I'm giving you free will as an option to torture each other in every conceivable way, and I know you will use it to do just that.  Not my fault, your the one with the free will."

Why should it be god's or any other higher beings responsibility to play puppet master? I think it's ridiculous for human beings to look at the atrocities that occur in our world and then use that as a reason to proclaim there is no god. That's sidestepping responsibility on our part. I don't see a god so it doesn't exist. Well, anyone here see an atom around them? 

Think of it this way, you raise your children to be good responsible and kind individuals, but they still won't always make the right choice or do the right thing, even if you helicopter parent and then even less so. Is that god's fault because they are allowed free thought?

Imagine a god that didn't allow free will, everything you did or said was controlled and measured to an extent to achieve a certain result. Sounds a lot like a dictator, which no one here likes. I guess if we were mindless zombies then there would never be any issues, but you wouldn't know the difference because you wouldn't be allowed to think. Happiness would ensue worldwide.

Didn't mean to take this to a god conversation, but I think it's important to recognize that without happy we wouldn't know sad. Atrocity is a necessary evil that I wish upon no one, but it serves a purpose. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    edited May 2017
    CM189191 said:
    Not true, his father and one of his brothers have been detained by militia in Libya. Thus far all reports in UK and Ireland refer to the father as being a vocal opponent of ISIS I wasn't saying it was the BBC that arrested them, that would be ridiculous.

detained/arrested/potato

Father and brother of Manchester bomber arrested in Libya
    i hate the new quoting system so much
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    I think all the other terrible things that happen to people and animals is part of an argument against God. The things that aren't atrocities determined by free will. Drought, famine, horrible disease, devastating natural disasters, human nature ... Seriously, I don't understand how anyone who actually believes in God doesn't hate his guts.
  • Options
    ISIS likes to take credit for many of the terrorist attacks that happen such as these, but they are often not at the root of these crimes. Many of the domestic variety incidents have been formulated by rat like morons that are blowing up their neighbours in what they think is supporting their faith (the persecution of Muslims in other areas of the earth).
    "My brain's a good brain!"