Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I can honestly say that if he invited me to the WH I'd tell him to go fuck himself. it's only a honour if the host is honourable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Latest tweet from President Trump folks....

Great solidarity for our National Anthem and for our Country. Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings! Please to inform that the Champion Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL will be joining me at the White House for Ceremony. Great team!

I wonder why he thinks anyone should give a flying fuck about what this totally unacceptable man thinks is acceptable? Laughable.
    As for the Penguins.... shame on them.
    seems to be extreme narcissism. I really think he believes all americans are his subjects. 

just once, I want him to fuck up and utter the "n" word in public or within ear shot. that would be glorious. 
    That's cold man, lol.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    PJ_Soul said:

Great solidarity for our National Anthem and for our Country. Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings! Please to inform that the Champion Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL will be joining me at the White House for Ceremony. Great team!

I wonder why he thinks anyone should give a flying fuck about what this totally unacceptable man thinks is acceptable? Laughable.
    seems to be extreme narcissism. I really think he believes all americans are his subjects. 

just once, I want him to fuck up and utter the "n" word in public or within ear shot. that would be glorious. 
    That's cold man, lol.
    He wouldn't care, nor would many of his supporters.  After the 'grab them by the p*ssy' comment was recorded and played & he still won? 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    JC29856 said:
    rgambs said:

* Do any Trump supporters even come to this thread anymore? It's become a piling on thread. I'm okay with it, but I wish those fools would appear every now and detail their mindset so we can at least gauge people's commitment to stupidity or their learning process as they acknowledge their error. 
    I am a Republican voter.  Why would I appear here and participate in this conversation if you believe I'm a "fool" before you've heard me out? This is the problem of this thread.  I live in a strong conservative community where many share the same beliefs.  I come here to lurk and read the views of those that don't think like me.  
    I would never join this debate on this forum.  Your opinion is already developed... 

This sounds to me like a euphemistic expression of a lack of confidence in the strength of your arguments.

Wrong.  But again, my opinions are discounted before having heard them.  
    Let's hear them.  I'm a roast, baste me.
    I'd  like to hear them as well.
    I'm interested in having a voter/supporter of his come on here and defend him and his words and behaviors in a clear, concise, and cogent manner. 
    Not as a troll
    I should have been more clear when putting myself out here.  I stated I am a republican voter.  I'm not the guy that defends Trump's every move.  Those are the people I think you're looking for.  I'm not that person.  So I'm not going to defend a lot of what is taking place.  I can't, I won't.  What has transpired is far from my hopes of a Trump presidency. Outside of my 401(k) growth, not a whole lot has been accomplished that I can be proud of.  I did NOT vote for Trump in the primaries.  I did not think he was a serious candidate.  

I won't go line by line how I feel about all the issues, but I still support much of the republican agenda.  Specifically replacement of the ACA, immigration reform, social program and welfare stability (not growth), among others.  Given my feelings on the issues, I would not have voted democrat in the 2016 election.  

Thanks for this reply. 

So, you're saying that, given what you know now, you still wouldn't have voted democrat in the last election. Would you have voted for trump, or someone else, or not voted?
    I hate to say, but I likely would have not voted, which would have been a first for me.  And hopefully the last.  

When I became an eligible voter I never would have imagined there would be a time in which I had trouble supporting either party's candidate.  
    it's becoming more and more difficult to tell the difference between the two candidates, Democrat and Republican.

if Hilliary was the GOP nominee would you have voted for her?
    No
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    PJ_Soul said:

I do to.  But in part because I am genuinely curious as to whether that would even hurt his popularity.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

1/2 of that team is Canadian.
  • Options
    not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Trump isn't a Republican.  I think we should all be able to dispel that notion.  His stance on trade alone makes eliminates him from that territory.  Trump is a Trumpist.  It's a low grade cult of whatever decision leads to the ability to declare victory, regardless of the principle.  I just don't understand how the lemmings fall in step at every turn.  No matter what he says, they support it.  It's really astounding.  And I'm not saying Trump is a Nazi with this statement, but it makes clear how a country like German fell to the forces of evil without a fight back in 33.  There are so many people that will support a person regardless of the position.  We are witnessing it first hand.  
    Recent polling shows that the vast majority of republicans support Trump but don't support the party. Things evolve, this is now the republican party.

Republicans are signaling they prefer President Donald Trump's vision for the party, with 79% saying he is taking it in the right direction. A majority of GOP voters -- 53% -- believe Republican leaders in Congress are taking the party in the wrong direction.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/24/politics/cnn-poll-republican-party-approval/index.html

I actually think it's the Lemming state.  But maybe not.  Maybe he is the voice of those "Republicans".  The whole thing is scary, to be honest.  It doesn't worry me that the country is so partisan so much as it being linked to race.  
    The jingoism is just as scary to me.
    For the first time in my life, I have an insight into how the world wars happened that came from my actual life and not a historical account.
    True, although jingoism was just a rampant after 9/11, leading up to the war.  Remember the Dixie Chicks and how their career was basically destroyed in country music?  The difference here is the capacity of NK to level a country or even two with their weapons.  Iraq didn't have that capacity.  
    It was, it's been simmering ever since Hulk Hogan played the American flag guitar.

Most bad things can be traced to the Hulkster and Hulkamania broadly.
    It's been runnin' wild BROTHA
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Lebron James, but this is good.

"He used the sports platform to divide us. Sports is so amazing, what sports can do for everyone, no matter shape, size, race; brings people together like no other. I'm not going to let one individual no matter the power, the impact he or she should have ever use sport as a platform to divide us," he said. "The people run this country, not one person. And damn sure not him."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited September 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

That's cold man, lol.
    He wouldn't care, nor would many of his supporters.  After the 'grab them by the p*ssy' comment was recorded and played & he still won? 
    Exactly. Trump could probably call on his supporters to start lynching black people off of street lamps, and they'd still support him... Some would love it. There really is nothing this guy can say to convince these morons to withdraw support.
    HFD, for sure, if I or any organization I was a part of received an invite to the WH right now there is no fucking way I'd go, and I'd make a public display of turning it down. I also have absolutely no respect for those who actually do accept to be totally honest. I don't know if that seems extreme or not, but I don't care. I think it's a really justifiable position to take.l That is why I'm really disappointed in the Penguins. I hope at least some of the players refuse to attend.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That's cold man, lol.
    Exactly. Trump could probably call on his supporters to start lynching black people off of street lamps, and they'd still support him... Some would love it. There really is nothing this guy can say to convince these morons to withdraw support.
    HFD, for sure, if I or any organization I was a part of extended an invite to the WH right now there is no fucking way I'd go, and I'd make a public display of turning it down. I also have absolutely no respect for those who actually do accept to be totally honest. I don't know if that seems extreme or not, but I don't care. I think it's a really justifiable position to take.l That is why I'm really disappointed in the Penguins. I hope at least some of the players refuse to attend.
    Great Team!  Champions!
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That's cold man, lol.
    Remember this:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That's cold man, lol.
    HFD, for sure, if I or any organization I was a part of extended an invite to the WH right now there is no fucking way I'd go, and I'd make a public display of turning it down. I also have absolutely no respect for those who actually do accept to be totally honest. I don't know if that seems extreme or not, but I don't care. I think it's a really justifiable position to take.l That is why I'm really disappointed in the Penguins. I hope at least some of the players refuse to attend.
    Fucking NHL, fucking Penguins and fucking Crosby. I say this as a fan of Crosby, but he needs to seriously think about this.

They are being used by Trump and it's gross.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sidney-crosby-supports-penguins-decision-go-white-house/

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I honestly don't know where I'd sit in regards to visiting the White House if I were on a Championship team.  On one hand, I certainly would not feel the least bit inclined to pretend I'm glad to be in Donald Trump's presence, but on the other hand I would feel honored to walk the halls of the national monument that is the White House.  To walk the same halls as more honorable Presidents past.  That's not an opportunity very many people get.  If I did it, it would certainly ONLY be out of appreciation for the Office itself, not the orange fucktard occupying it.

But I'm 40 years old and out of shape so I don't see me winning jack shit any time soon.  Even if I woke up as Phil Kessel tomorrow, I'd imagine I'd pull off a similar stunt as Albert Almora Jr. when the Cubs visited in June (even though he denied it was on purpose).

• Options
    rgambs said:

* Do any Trump supporters even come to this thread anymore? It's become a piling on thread. I'm okay with it, but I wish those fools would appear every now and detail their mindset so we can at least gauge people's commitment to stupidity or their learning process as they acknowledge their error. 
    I am a Republican voter.  Why would I appear here and participate in this conversation if you believe I'm a "fool" before you've heard me out? This is the problem of this thread.  I live in a strong conservative community where many share the same beliefs.  I come here to lurk and read the views of those that don't think like me.  
    I would never join this debate on this forum.  Your opinion is already developed... 

This sounds to me like a euphemistic expression of a lack of confidence in the strength of your arguments.

Wrong.  But again, my opinions are discounted before having heard them.  
    Let's hear them.  I'm a roast, baste me.
    I'd  like to hear them as well.
    I'm interested in having a voter/supporter of his come on here and defend him and his words and behaviors in a clear, concise, and cogent manner. 
    Not as a troll
    I should have been more clear when putting myself out here.  I stated I am a republican voter.  I'm not the guy that defends Trump's every move.  Those are the people I think you're looking for.  I'm not that person.  So I'm not going to defend a lot of what is taking place.  I can't, I won't.  What has transpired is far from my hopes of a Trump presidency. Outside of my 401(k) growth, not a whole lot has been accomplished that I can be proud of.  I did NOT vote for Trump in the primaries.  I did not think he was a serious candidate.  

I won't go line by line how I feel about all the issues, but I still support much of the republican agenda.  Specifically replacement of the ACA, immigration reform, social program and welfare stability (not growth), among others.  Given my feelings on the issues, I would not have voted democrat in the 2016 election.  

Thanks for this reply. 

So, you're saying that, given what you know now, you still wouldn't have voted democrat in the last election. Would you have voted for trump, or someone else, or not voted?
    I hate to say, but I likely would have not voted, which would have been a first for me.  And hopefully the last.  

When I became an eligible voter I never would have imagined there would be a time in which I had trouble supporting either party's candidate.  
    I've been thinking about your perspective.

I guess what happened for you was ultimately a compromise of your standards versus your values.

At what point would you compromise your values to hold your standards? In other words... how bad does a candidate have to be in order for you to put aside your party colors?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That's cold man, lol.
    Fucking NHL, fucking Penguins and fucking Crosby. I say this as a fan of Crosby, but he needs to seriously think about this.

They are being used by Trump and it's gross.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sidney-crosby-supports-penguins-decision-go-white-house/

Crosby will go and just whine every second like he does on the ice. 

I get accepting the invitation to visit the White House  but not with this President. Every other one, even the ones i disagreed politically i would have 100% wanted to attend. i wouldn't want to be in the same room with Trump let alone have to actually engage him. I don't want or need to deal with such a giant fucktard in my life no matter what his title is.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    I can honestly say that if he invited me to the WH I'd tell him to go fuck himself. it's only a honour if the host is honourable. 
    I would go, but it would be to make a point or a stand for everything he isn't or doesn't support in this country. If it means a chance to make a platform and stand against the bullshit he is spewing, then I sure as hell will be there to do everything I can to draw attention to it for the right reasons. Get me up there in front of him with all cameras and media present and then lay it out. If I had the money and the fame to be in that position, I would challenge him to make a difference and be willing to donate $1 million dollars of my own money to one of the many charities or humanitarian efforts out there if he could for once recognize and call out the hate, inequality and injustices that exist.

I understand why many won't and don't want to go, but I think they could do more with their influence if they came to the table, even under not so ideal circumstances. I thinks it's great the Warriors are going to make an effort as a team to make a positive impact doing community work, but they could have done that and still saved face by making a public stance while at the WH. The best way to explain it is by comparing the interview Fallon gave Trump compared with Letterman. It doesn't make you a supporter by inviting them in to your house, it's whether you choose to address the complexity of the situation. Fallon pandered and Letterman called him out.

Great for these athletes to turn him down, but that's the easy way out. We all saw how the Patriots handled the invite, but we've yet to see a team handle it in a Letterman style. Let's hope the Pens are the first to be more challenging to this box of rocks WH. Probably won't happen, but you never know.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    I'd go and wear my Pearl Jam "No Clowns in 16" shirt/jersey.  
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I would go, but it would be to make a point or a stand for everything he isn't or doesn't support in this country. If it means a chance to make a platform and stand against the bullshit he is spewing, then I sure as hell will be there to do everything I can to draw attention to it for the right reasons. Get me up there in front of him with all cameras and media present and then lay it out. If I had the money and the fame to be in that position, I would challenge him to make a difference and be willing to donate $1 million dollars of my own money to one of the many charities or humanitarian efforts out there if he could for once recognize and call out the hate, inequality and injustices that exist.

I understand why many won't and don't want to go, but I think they could do more with their influence if they came to the table, even under not so ideal circumstances. I thinks it's great the Warriors are going to make an effort as a team to make a positive impact doing community work, but they could have done that and still saved face by making a public stance while at the WH. The best way to explain it is by comparing the interview Fallon gave Trump compared with Letterman. It doesn't make you a supporter by inviting them in to your house, it's whether you choose to address the complexity of the situation. Fallon pandered and Letterman called him out.

Great for these athletes to turn him down, but that's the easy way out. We all saw how the Patriots handled the invite, but we've yet to see a team handle it in a Letterman style. Let's hope the Pens are the first to be more challenging to this box of rocks WH. Probably won't happen, but you never know.
    except you are not going to be given a platform with the President to make any type of statement. It's not like his people are going to to let you just go off on a tangent while standing there. you legitimize him by being with him.  better to stay far away and make your statements.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    tbergs said:

good point. go, and then kneel in front of the desk with your fist in the air. that photo would be Time's pic of the year. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I honestly don't know where I'd sit in regards to visiting the White House if I were on a Championship team.  On one hand, I certainly would not feel the least bit inclined to pretend I'm glad to be in Donald Trump's presence, but on the other hand I would feel honored to walk the halls of the national monument that is the White House.  To walk the same halls as more honorable Presidents past.  That's not an opportunity very many people get.  If I did it, it would certainly ONLY be out of appreciation for the Office itself, not the orange fucktard occupying it.

But I'm 40 years old and out of shape so I don't see me winning jack shit any time soon.  Even if I woke up as Phil Kessel tomorrow, I'd imagine I'd pull off a similar stunt as Albert Almora Jr. when the Cubs visited in June (even though he denied it was on purpose).

I'd just wait to visit until after Trump is gone myself. Either get a special invite from a different Prez (if you're worthy, lol), or just go on one of the White House tours. ;) The thing is, Trump literally reads people accepting the invite as a public show of support for himself, and that is how he presents it on Twitter too. In Trump's world, everything is about HIM. Those people aren't visiting the historical White House. They are visiting HIM. There is no way in hell I'd risk giving him that impression or opportunity.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd just wait to visit until after Trump is gone myself. Either get a special invite from a different Prez (if you're worthy, lol), or just go on one of the White House tours. ;)The thing is, Trump literally reads people accepting the invite as a public show of support for himself, and that is how he presents it on Twitter too. There is no way in hell I'd risk giving him that impression or opportunity.
    exactly. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    tbergs said:

except you are not going to be given a platform with the President to make any type of statement. It's not like his people are going to to let you just go off on a tangent while standing there. you legitimize him by being with him.  better to stay far away and make your statements.
    I disagree. And I was of course speaking hypothetically. The anti Trump establishment needs a voice and a leader who is willing to take such an ostracizing position in a public setting.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    pjhawks said:
    tbergs said:

I disagree. And I was of course speaking hypothetically. The anti Trump establishment needs a voice and a leader who is willing to take such an ostracizing position in a public setting.
    Also, it doesn't have to be some huge overt act. I think of Jeff's subtle nod with his shirt at the RNRHOF.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd just wait to visit until after Trump is gone myself. Either get a special invite from a different Prez (if you're worthy, lol), or just go on one of the White House tours. ;)The thing is, Trump literally reads people accepting the invite as a public show of support for himself, and that is how he presents it on Twitter too. There is no way in hell I'd risk giving him that impression or opportunity.
    exactly. 
    That is definitely a good point. And just because of the fact he'd view it as me supporting him, I think I'm convinced to stay home.
  • Options
    Such a role model. So dignified. Such a class act. Sure do hope all kids emulate him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4914922/Patriots-owner-Robert-Kraft-speaks-Trump-comments.html

Trump flips the bird. He's so beneath the dignity of the office.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:

exactly. 
    That is definitely a good point. And just because of the fact he'd view it as me supporting him, I think I'm convinced to stay home.
    Honestly, who cares if the giant ignoramus thinks you support him just by going. You have the power and control over your own viewpoints and image to make it clear to the rational thinkers of the world who are able to perceive reality. He's a dumbass who's only response will come through a Tweet once he figures it out.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I would care because I wouldn't want to contribute to his giant ego. No thanks! Also, I would seriously just be physically ill being in the same room as him. I may as well go to a prison and hang out with a rapist for the day. I also wouldn't want to give his base more to use as ammunition for their Trump army.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    pjhawks said:
    tbergs said:

Also, it doesn't have to be some huge overt act. I think of Jeff's subtle nod with his shirt at the RNRHOF.
    Something subtle, like this?

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Latest tweet from President Trump folks........

So proud of NASCAR and its supporters and fans. They won't put up with disrespecting our Country or our Flag - they said it loud and clear! Many people booed the players who kneeled yesterday (which was a small percentage of total). These are fans who demand respect for our Flag! The issue of kneeling has nothing to do with race. It is about respect for our Country, Flag and National Anthem. NFL must respect this! .@CNN is #FakeNews. Just reported COS (John Kelly) was opposed to my stance on NFL players disrespecting FLAG, ANTHEM, COUNTRY. Total lie! General John Kelly totally agrees w/ my stance on NFL players and the fact that they should not be disrespecting our FLAG or GREAT COUNTRY! Tremendous backlash against the NFL and its players for disrespect of our Country. #StandForOurAnthem

This discussion has been closed.