Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    It's the whiteness of the sport that appeals to him.
    you sure it's not the # of NHL'ers from Russia Russia Russia?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    JC29856 said:
    It's the whiteness of the sport that appeals to him.
    you sure it's not the # of NHL'ers from Russia Russia Russia?
    The NFL thing is just another manufactured distraction, Trump is getting pretty good at it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    why isn't this shithead dealing with puerto rico? instead he's fucking golfing and picking fights with professional athletes. what kind of fucking bizarro world do we live in that this is the president of the united states of america?
    11 ships arrived in PR Sat morning with almost 2M gallons of water, food, 10s of thousands of cots and generators.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

John Basset was a Canadian professional tennis player and owner of the USFL's Tampa Bay Bandits. He died in 1986, shortly after the league folded (much at the hands of one Donald J. Trump). Sensing a pattern of behavior here.
    he is stupid.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    calling african americans 'sons of bitches' ON THE FUCKING RECORD. not behind closed doors. not whispered to another racist friend on the golf course. IN A SPEECH TO 7500 PEOPLE, BEING VIDEOTAPED AND RELEASED. 

what gets me the most is his brain dead supporters still support this sack of shit. unbelievable. 
    I disagree with this.  No way he directed it towards the African Americans solely.  I knew people would start twisting it this way.

He is an idiot for saying what he did though.  This is going to drive a wedge between the country even more now.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    An island full of Americans without power and water and Trump is tweeting about the NFL.
    Idiot.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

* Do any Trump supporters even come to this thread anymore? It's become a piling on thread. I'm okay with it, but I wish those fools would appear every now and detail their mindset so we can at least gauge people's commitment to stupidity or their learning process as they acknowledge their error. 
    I am a Republican voter.  Why would I appear here and participate in this conversation if you believe I'm a "fool" before you've heard me out? This is the problem of this thread.  I live in a strong conservative community where many share the same beliefs.  I come here to lurk and read the views of those that don't think like me.  
    I would never join this debate on this forum.  Your opinion is already developed... 

Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options

* Do any Trump supporters even come to this thread anymore? It's become a piling on thread. I'm okay with it, but I wish those fools would appear every now and detail their mindset so we can at least gauge people's commitment to stupidity or their learning process as they acknowledge their error. 
    I am a Republican voter.  Why would I appear here and participate in this conversation if you believe I'm a "fool" before you've heard me out? This is the problem of this thread.  I live in a strong conservative community where many share the same beliefs.  I come here to lurk and read the views of those that don't think like me.  
    I would never join this debate on this forum.  Your opinion is already developed... 

This sounds to me like a euphemistic expression of a lack of confidence in the strength of your arguments.

• Options
    rgambs said:

This sounds to me like a euphemistic expression of a lack of confidence in the strength of your arguments.

Wrong.  But again, my opinions are discounted before having heard them.  
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited September 2017

rgambs said:

Tough to defend the indefensible.  It is an easy cop out.

'I could debate, but your opinion is made up'

Yeah, that's how it works.  /s

When ideology is so strong and so stubborn you can't admit right from wrong, black from white,up from down.  I guess that is how you dodge debate....and responsibility.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

rgambs said:

When ideology is so strong and so stubborn you can't admit right from wrong, black from white,up from down.  I guess that is how you dodge debate....and responsibility.
    yeah come here to debate where some can't differentiate between a statement and a question?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    rgambs said:

There are plenty of places to find out what they are thinking.  They run the internet to about the same degree that they run the country (totally).  If I were a Trump supporter, I would not come here, either.  Go anywhere and you'll find that they like him for the same reasons we don't: he's unqualified, unpresidential, and "tells it like it is."  They eat that shit up. This is the new model for president.  I am frightened at the prospects for 2024.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Smellyman said:

rgambs said:

yeah come here to debate where some can't differentiate between a statement and a question?
    Why debate someone who asks open ended questions and never clarifies what they were trying to say to begin with? 
    That's not debate, that's a waste of time.
    If you have something to say, say it.

Don't ask an asinine question like "why did Kaepernick kneel" in order to serve some point that you'll never get to.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Does that even make sense?
    I don't think so.
    If your prerequisite for debate is a blank mind without opinions of it's own, then debate will surely never happen.

If you feel like your opinion is strong and credible, why not give it and defend it?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    rgambs said:

you are a republican voter....

you stand for a man and party who used the influence of a foreign enemy to win the election
    you stand for a man who stood at the UN and threatened to destroy another country
    you stand for a man who admits to sexual assault
    you stand for a man who repeatedly screwed vendors out of their rightful payments after completing work for him.
    you stand for a man who thinks is own daughter is hot
    you stand for a man who lies on a daily basis
    you stand for a man and party that wants to throw out of the country productive members of the country who came here as children
    you stand for a man and party that wants to limit healthcare to some Americans because the previous President was a black man
    you stand for a man and party whose party is on the wrong side (per percentages of american's) of almost every social issue today (gay marriage, legalized pot, health care, etc.)
    you stand for a man and party who wants to cut corporate taxes as the gap in wages from top level execs to workers has never been greater

so if we got you wrong about this and more tell us where you differ from the above.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I saw a comment on an instagram post yesterday regarding the NFL players kneeling in protest.  The woman said something to the effect of "These idiots are only dividing the country even further. This kind of division didn't exist 8 years ago."  A nice passive way to blame division on Obama.  My reply: "Nor did it exist 8 months ago."
  • Options

When you say you are a Republican voter... you mean to say you voted for Donald Trump to be your president. Am I correct there?

Are you happy with the man you put in office? Which of his campaign promises appealed to you the most? Do you feel he is making America great again?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

And so is yours. What's wrong with having an opinion developed? Anyone with any idea of what's going on has an opinion developed.

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    calling african americans 'sons of bitches' ON THE FUCKING RECORD. not behind closed doors. not whispered to another racist friend on the golf course. IN A SPEECH TO 7500 PEOPLE, BEING VIDEOTAPED AND RELEASED. 

what gets me the most is his brain dead supporters still support this sack of shit. unbelievable. 
    I disagree with this.  No way he directed it towards the African Americans solely.  I knew people would start twisting it this way.

He is an idiot for saying what he did though.  This is going to drive a wedge between the country even more now.
    I don't believe it's twisting. he attacks football players for peacefully protesting (all of which, at that point, had been black men). yet, he refuses to denounce white supremacists and defends their racist views even when it ends in a white women getting murdered. 

I'm not one to bring race into a discussion lightly. But in this instance, I can't see how one could not deduce that this is about race. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    why isn't this shithead dealing with puerto rico? instead he's fucking golfing and picking fights with professional athletes. what kind of fucking bizarro world do we live in that this is the president of the united states of america?
    11 ships arrived in PR Sat morning with almost 2M gallons of water, food, 10s of thousands of cots and generators.
    so? no president is making that call. I'm talking about being a leader, telling the people the country is with them, not spending his time tweeting about football. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    Smellyman said:

rgambs said:

good god, let it go. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    rgambs said:

Let's hear them.  I'm a roast, baste me.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    rgambs said:

I'd  like to hear them as well.
    I'm interested in having a voter/supporter of his come on here and defend him and his words and behaviors in a clear, concise, and cogent manner. 
    Not as a troll
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Smellyman said:

rgambs said:

Possibly if you don't end a statement with a question mark, it will go better for you.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Smellyman said:

rgambs said:

Possibly if you don't end a statement with a question mark, it will go better for you.
    I'm glad you noticed! 
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I'm interested in having a voter/supporter of his come on here and defend him and his words and behaviors in a clear, concise, and cogent manner. 
    Not as a troll
    I should have been more clear when putting myself out here.  I stated I am a republican voter.  I'm not the guy that defends Trump's every move.  Those are the people I think you're looking for.  I'm not that person.  So I'm not going to defend a lot of what is taking place.  I can't, I won't.  What has transpired is far from my hopes of a Trump presidency. Outside of my 401(k) growth, not a whole lot has been accomplished that I can be proud of.  I did NOT vote for Trump in the primaries.  I did not think he was a serious candidate.  

I won't go line by line how I feel about all the issues, but I still support much of the republican agenda.  Specifically replacement of the ACA, immigration reform, social program and welfare stability (not growth), among others.  Given my feelings on the issues, I would not have voted democrat in the 2016 election.  

Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    crickets 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Not as a troll
    I should have been more clear when putting myself out here.  I stated I am a republican voter.  I'm not the guy that defends Trump's every move.  Those are the people I think you're looking for.  I'm not that person.  So I'm not going to defend a lot of what is taking place.  I can't, I won't.  What has transpired is far from my hopes of a Trump presidency. Outside of my 401(k) growth, not a whole lot has been accomplished that I can be proud of.  I did NOT vote for Trump in the primaries.  I did not think he was a serious candidate.  

I won't go line by line how I feel about all the issues, but I still support much of the republican agenda.  Specifically replacement of the ACA, immigration reform, social program and welfare stability (not growth), among others.  Given my feelings on the issues, I would not have voted democrat in the 2016 election.  

Thanks for this reply. 

So, you're saying that, given what you know now, you still wouldn't have voted democrat in the last election. Would you have voted for trump, or someone else, or not voted?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    rgambs said:

Well, it's not like this is the Breitbart forum ;). You may get some very lively responses and be in the minority, but that could be any thread in the AMT. I'm pretty sure none of us on here 100% agree on any topic. I don't agree with everything said in any forum topic and will state my position and view even though it may not be popular or accepted. I don't speak my opinions with the intent of making someone else agree with me, but I do hope it offers a different perspective that maybe wasn't considered. I am actually more interested in the response I get regarding my opinion or line of thinking because it exposes it to critical review, which benefits everyone involved.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Not as a troll

the thing is, many democrats also support many of those agendas, but in a sensible, bipartisan manner. Obama himself has said ACA needs improvement. everyone knows immigration reform is needed. not this "let's gut all of Obama's policies no matter the cost" that Trump is trying to bash through. it's clear all he cares about is dismantling Obama's legacy, and calling that his own. he is a brutal failure already, and it's not going to get better. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.