Options

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,634

Better question would be - have you ever watched one? Isn't it at noon? Don't you people have jobs? Oh, that's why you've watched the Democratic ones before....Seeing if they're giving anything away on that day.

Usually your trolling includes Fake Facts. Sad!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm curious to watch but will be working. I'm sure most, if not all of it, will be available online.

(Sidenote - much as I don't like the guy, as far as I can tell he's going to be our President for the next four years. I can't have my head in the sand that whole time, though I do get others wanting to.)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    No
    This will eat him up people opting out on his big day lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    No

It would if the ratings were noticeably low. Not sure if that will happen, as much as I would like it to (any blow to that creep's ego is a good thing IMO) - as usual, the number of people watching what Trump does for the train wreck factor could be pretty high.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

It would if the ratings were noticeably low. Not sure if that will happen, as
    much as I would like it to (any blow to that creep's ego is a good thing IMO) -
    as usual, the number of people watching what Trump does for the train wreck factor could be pretty high.
    I bet he looks at everything as if they have ratings lol believe me you can look up to see how many tuned in ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    No

PJ_Soul said:

as usual, the number of people watching what Trump does for the train wreck factor could be pretty high.
    I bet he looks at everything as if they have ratings lol believe me you can look up to see how many tuned in ..
    Oh, for sure! That fucker is OBSESSED with ratings! He should be a TV executive, not President!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh, for sure! That fucker is OBSESSED with ratings! He should be a TV executive, not President!
    Maybe he's confused about what he's president of?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I think we'll for sure hear some mentions of landslide victory, record turnout, the movement and tremendous jobs! Afterwards he'll definitely tweet something about the huge ratings he pulled in and big crowds no matter what the truth is.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    No
    Not sure if anyone saw this little tidbit about the porta-potties at the inaguration, but I saw it a couple days ago on the local morning news, lol. They are covering up the business's logo because I guess Trump doesn't want people thinking about him and piss and shit in the same thought (too late!!!!!). :lol: I think this is bullshit. Uncover that logo you fuckers - that is well-deserved advertising. I would have actually thought the contract would have covered this, but....

http://globalnews.ca/news/3185345/dons-john-the-great-port-a-potty-inauguration-coverup/
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Unfortunately, ratings will be "fixed" if they aren't on par with Obama's. Same with attendance figures. If you deem something fake or fixed and a third of the population buys every word you say...how can you ever be anything but right ever again?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    No

Unfortunately, ratings will be "fixed" if they aren't on par with Obama's. Same with attendance figures. If you deem something fake or fixed and a third of the population buys every word you say...how can you ever be anything but right ever again?

Exactly, he's either the best ever or it's fake news.

It's Kim Jong Il type shit.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    No

Exactly, he's either the best ever or it's fake news.

It's Kim Jong Il type shit.
    Yep. I don't even want to think about what 4 to 8 years of that might do to the country.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Trump Gets Trolled After Tweeting Photo Of Himself Writing Inauguration Speech

Some of the comments are really fucking funny!

"@realDonaldTrump Who is translating it from the original Russian for you?"
    "@realDonaldTrump Will it start with "Four Russian Whores And Seven Hacks Ago"..."
    :lol:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    No
    i plan on starting construction of my bunker that night
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    No
    I'll be working on the island and I'll have more interest in seeing if there's enough waves to go body surfing later that day. What I'm interested to see is IF AT ANY TIME he will hold his wife's hand ANYTIME during the day. Many times she just appears to be his play thing not a real love of his choosing.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,634
    jeffbr said:

Trump Gets Trolled After Tweeting Photo Of Himself Writing Inauguration Speech

Some of the comments are really fucking funny!

"@realDonaldTrump Who is translating it from the original Russian for you?"
    "@realDonaldTrump Will it start with "Four Russian Whores And Seven Hacks Ago"..."
    :lol:

The best part of twitter are the comments. It's a great platform for comedy. Plus people rip trump a new one in his feed.
  • Options
    g under p said:

I'll be working on the island and I'll have more interest in seeing if there's enough waves to go body surfing later that day. What I'm interested to see is IF AT ANY TIME he will hold his wife's hand ANYTIME during the day. Many times she just appears to be his play thing not a real love of his choosing.

Peace

When you said island, I had a flashback to Lost and then remembered Charlie's line, "Guys, where are we?" That's what it'll be like to be living in the US in a few days. I wish I was on that island...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    No
    I will be working. Always wonder who has the time to go to all these political rallies.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    No
    tbergs said:

g under p said:

Peace

When you said island, I had a flashback to Lost and then remembered Charlie's line, "Guys, where are we?" That's what it'll be like to be living in the US in a few days. I wish I was on that island...
    Oh on that island on Palm Beach I work a mile from our president to be and man does he ever conjest traffic on the island such as today. These inaugurations I don't watch excerpt 2008 my sister was there and bumped into Aretha Franklins Rolls during the parade. Like most of the other inaugurations this one will go off without a hitch.....Just hold your wife's hand once.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

I'm not sure. The student of history in me says yes because I think I have to see with my two eyes that it's really happening. The citizen in me says no because I don't support a single thing that this man or his administration stands for.

I will be watching it for that same reason, it's history and I want to witness it. Also, curious to see how Trumps' speech will compare to other Presidents.
    It'll be the greatest inaugural speech ever. Nobody gives better inaugurals than he does.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    wheres the fuck all these polls option.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I'm still deciding. First I planned to be there protesting, then I said "Maybe I'll get my nails done instead," and now I think I might want to watch just out of civic responsibility. I feel like I should hear what he says firsthand instead of having it filtered. I do like the ratings boycott idea, though. That's a very good reason to not watch.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    I can't wait.
    Warm beer and kraft dinner waiting to be had while I watch it.
    For desert, a touch of wine while listening to the whiners after President Trumps speech.
    And the disbelief pronounced even louder that Hillary should've one but didin.
    America voted for change and it is coming to a country near you.

wine for dessert in the desert is amazing

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

I can't wait.
    Warm beer and kraft dinner waiting to be had while I watch it.
    For desert, a touch of wine while listening to the whiners after President Trumps speech.
    And the disbelief pronounced even louder that Hillary should've one but didin.
    America voted for change and it is coming to a country near you.

wine for dessert in the desert is amazing

Based on all that, it appears Friday afternoon came early for you.
  • Options
    Yes
    ^^^
    I was trying to speak yokel mixed with English.
    cmon, was I close?
  • Options
  • Options

I'm still deciding. First I planned to be there protesting, then I said "Maybe I'll get my nails done instead," and now I think I might want to watch just out of civic responsibility. I feel like I should hear what he says firsthand instead of having it filtered. I do like the ratings boycott idea, though. That's a very good reason to not watch.

That's similar to my perspective, what dreams. Kind of like jury duty.

Your comments after the bolded part, I think the former outweighs the latter...seems more important to me.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Your comments after the bolded part, I think the former outweighs the latter...seems more important to me.
    Does it matter what he says? Seriously. 10 minutes later he never said it and to show video makes you biased. or better yet , its fake news.

What you want to watch is what Pence is doing. While everyone is concerned with the baby in chief, Pence is putting the agenda together.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

Does it matter what he says? Seriously. 10 minutes later he never said it and to show video makes you biased. or better yet , its fake news.

What you want to watch is what Pence is doing. While everyone is concerned with the baby in chief, Pence is putting the agenda together.
    Not apropos of nothing, mickey...but to the civic duty idea, earlier caught a local news story. More than 5,000 people from over 120 countries became citizens here in LA this morning. People who worked so hard to reach this point, who've longed for and now can express the freedom of self and speech and so many other realms. Some were in tears (and me along with them).

It's not so much what HE says, but how what he says is viewed, digested, or spewed. So watch. See it with your own eyes.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

Not apropos of nothing, mickey...but to the civic duty idea, earlier caught a local news story. More than 5,000 people from over 120 countries became citizens here in LA this morning. People who worked so hard to reach this point, who've longed for and now can express the freedom of self and speech and so many other realms. Some were in tears (and me along with them).

It's not so much what HE says, but how what he says is viewed, digested, or spewed. So watch. See it with your own eyes.
    good for them. much needed new perspective added to the mix.

very astute observation and opinion/analysis contained in this politico article. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/trump-biographers-presidency-legitimate-214655?cmpid=sf

btw just finished a peoples history unabridged by zinn on audible. and recently completed the presidents and the constitution. both highly informative and absolutely recommended