Options

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Yes

Jason P said:

Anti-Trump protesters are acting like a bunch of idiots. I don't think you would be seeing anything like this if the tables were turned.

Did you miss the whole birther movement?
    Like I said - asshats both ways.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Jason P said:

Anti-Trump protesters are acting like a bunch of idiots. I don't think you would be seeing anything like this if the tables were turned.

I recall it. I don't recall them assaulting people and destroying property when Obama was being sworn in.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    No
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

I recall it. I don't recall them assaulting people and destroying property when Obama was being sworn in.
    I've only been on & off this forum today, so that's news to me..... I haven't been paying attention.

If that's happening, then shame on them. Peaceful protests are fine, but the rioting is bullshit.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    No
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Read the article in the link I posted. There were assualts & riots all across the country. Don't sit here and pretend there weren't.
  • Options
    Yes

It would be interesting to see how much trump will borrow from Mussolini.

The comparison is close enough:

https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/06/25/winner-4/

• Options
    I like how they protested outside Pence's place, with love, not hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZxNPKXYR4
  • Options

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Read the article in the link I posted. There were assualts & riots all across the country. Don't sit here and pretend there weren't.
    I've scanned the article several times and I'm not seeing any mention of organized protesters. It's 11 individual hate crimes all across the country.

Apples and Oranges.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No
    Jason P said:

Yeah, some of them don't represent me. The peaceful ones I'm okay with but the ones smashing buildings can fuck off. Don't fight unless they strike first.

Although, I was biased towards a McDonald's damaged because to hell with Monsanto and them. Ironic since that Michael Keaton movie comes out today.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    No
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

They were screaming N word, though. Psychological terrorism is just as bad as violent terrorism. Americans may not be like ISIS on the latter but they got the former down to an art.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    No
    Jason P said:

I like how they protested outside Pence's place, with love, not hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZxNPKXYR4

And humor!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    No
    Jason P said:

yes you would. and it would be WORSE. if there was a possibility of muslim hacking into the RNC to influence the election and give Obama the win back in 2008, you damn right you'd see protesting. not only that, you'd see violence and damage. and that is only ONE of the reasons people are protesting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This is kind of funny ...

Trump's twitter used Obama's old photo!

• Options

Jason P said:

yes you would. and it would be WORSE. if there was a possibility of muslim hacking into the RNC to influence the election and give Obama the win back in 2008, you damn right you'd see protesting. not only that, you'd see violence and damage. and that is only ONE of the reasons people are protesting.
    That's a make believe scenario.

Anyway, he didn't need Muslims to break into his computer (I doubt he has one anyway) to spill dirt on him. The professional clown was happy enough to provide the dirt for all to see himself.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Your point is suggesting that trump is to the left what Obama is to the right. But that equivalency isn't the case today.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Your point is suggesting that trump is to the left what Obama is to the right. But that equivalency isn't the case today.
    I'm not sure what my point is other then the irony of protesting Trump's message of hate with hate.
  • Options
    fanch75 said:

It would be interesting to see how much trump will borrow from Mussolini.

The comparison is close enough:

https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/06/25/winner-4/

He's is closer to Mussolini than the other dictators. Does your link mean you like that or don't like the comparison? Maybe it depends on if you're white or not.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    No
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sure what my point is other then the irony of protesting Trump's message of hate with hate.
    a small minority of idiots that, no matter which side, will always resort to thugishness.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I gotta say, I'm feeling very patriotic today.

How come?
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

Hell no.

Same here. I happened to be off work, so watched a movie while the inauguration was going on.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    No
    Jason P said:

Agreed. The Anti-Trump protesters are the ones protesting the Trump protesters, right?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    fanch75 said:
    Dumb. I did notice how Melania dissed Barrack when he was greeting the Trump family. It was weird.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Get ready for daily, full-time weird.
  • Options
    Yes
    Funny how the side of the aisle determines what you see, isn't it?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    fanch75 said:
    Dumb. I did notice how Melania dissed Barrack when he was greeting the Trump family. It was weird.
    fanch75 said:

Funny how the side of the aisle determines what you see, isn't it?

What are you talking about?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    No
    I'm embarrassed to be an American today. I never thought I would ever feel that way
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    No one was dissing anyone. It was a tough campaign, it was awkward and now people (directed by their political persuasion) are reading "disses" into every facial expression and expression of body language. That's it.
    Post edited by fanch75 on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    No

I'm embarrassed to be an American today. I never thought I would ever feel that way

same here
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    No

Yep.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    No
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

I've scanned the article several times and I'm not seeing any mention of organized protesters. It's 11 individual hate crimes all across the country.

Apples and Oranges.
    So what are you referring to? You said if the tables were turned, this wouldn't be happening. What wouldn't be happening? Riots? I gave you an article that proved that there were riots 8 years ago, when the tables were turned. A riot is a violent public disturbance. I believe those 11 individual hate crimes qualify. Bear in mind, it wasn't like these were the only 11 incidents across the nation.