Options

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637

mcgruff10 said:

You guys were embarrassed as Americans? I voted for Hillary but I thought it was really cool seeing all the former presidents and current Supreme Court justices. I thought trump s speech was pretty good. My 8th graders were in awe watching it.
    The only thing I was embarrassed about was the small percentage of protesters who were three to incite violence and cause damage to private property.

Wait so your proud to have him represent you ..to the world ? I for one am totally embarrassed ...
    I myself don't give a shit what the world thinks of us, why should I? We have enough crap to deal with here within our own borders to worry about something as silly as image, that's a middle school worry. Or a 7up commercial. At least the guy says he's focused on fixing the things Americans need. I'm glad we won't be apologizing to the rest of the world anymore like we did for the last 8 years.

Agree that he may be a poor public speaker, looks like a hairy cheetoh and has tiny hands, but I can get over that.
    You know there's an actual component of the job where he needs to make decisions on international affairs? Someone can try to be an isolationist all they want, but that doesn't change reality.
    Of course, i know that, but im not talking about his policies. I was replying to the comment that he's embarrassing as far as how he represents us to the world, not as far as his international decisions and policies. I just don't care how people see us or him, it really doesn't mean much to me as far as how I weigh a president. Since he hasnt even made any policy yet that could be judged. the only thing that the outside world could judge him on is his speeches, rallies, tweets, etc., and it doesn't bother me how people think of us all due to those, that's all pretty trivial and surface level to me
    He's already had interactions with Russia and has flubbed with China. He's expressed policies that can be judged. None of this is trivial. It's time to have actual expectations for trump.
    Russia doesn't scare me, their economy is shit and the only thing they export is vodka which they drink too much of anyway. China makes too much of our goods, so I'm glad he's flubbed with them whatever that means. Trump plays the game, and that's what you have to do, right?
    China could completely dismantle our economy is they wanted to. And colluding with a Russian dictator destabilizes everything around the edges of their country. The only "game" trump is playing is what's in his head and what makes him feel good.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No
    One good thing came out of the violent protests. Richard Spencer got punched
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

mcgruff10 said:

You guys were embarrassed as Americans? I voted for Hillary but I thought it was really cool seeing all the former presidents and current Supreme Court justices. I thought trump s speech was pretty good. My 8th graders were in awe watching it.
    The only thing I was embarrassed about was the small percentage of protesters who were three to incite violence and cause damage to private property.

Wait so your proud to have him represent you ..to the world ? I for one am totally embarrassed ...
    I myself don't give a shit what the world thinks of us, why should I? We have enough crap to deal with here within our own borders to worry about something as silly as image, that's a middle school worry. Or a 7up commercial. At least the guy says he's focused on fixing the things Americans need. I'm glad we won't be apologizing to the rest of the world anymore like we did for the last 8 years.

Agree that he may be a poor public speaker, looks like a hairy cheetoh and has tiny hands, but I can get over that.
    You know there's an actual component of the job where he needs to make decisions on international affairs? Someone can try to be an isolationist all they want, but that doesn't change reality.
    Of course, i know that, but im not talking about his policies. I was replying to the comment that he's embarrassing as far as how he represents us to the world, not as far as his international decisions and policies. I just don't care how people see us or him, it really doesn't mean much to me as far as how I weigh a president. Since he hasnt even made any policy yet that could be judged. the only thing that the outside world could judge him on is his speeches, rallies, tweets, etc., and it doesn't bother me how people think of us all due to those, that's all pretty trivial and surface level to me
    He's already had interactions with Russia and has flubbed with China. He's expressed policies that can be judged. None of this is trivial. It's time to have actual expectations for trump.
    Russia doesn't scare me, their economy is shit and the only thing they export is vodka which they drink too much of anyway. China makes too much of our goods, so I'm glad he's flubbed with them whatever that means. Trump plays the game, and that's what you have to do, right?
    What an absolutely naive and narrow understanding of global economic and political issues. I wish it were as easy as you alluded to.
  • Options
    Hey, without naive and narrow, we wouldn't have trump!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m giving the guy a chance. If he s terrible then I ll jump on the bandwagon. But until then I really hope he does a good job.
    Does that equate to you being proud you asked if some of us are embarrassed I stated that I'm embarrassed ! So I take it your proud .
    Of course I m proud. I love this country. Today we got to witness living history.
    Ok I'm proud of being an American but I'm embarrassed to have this man represent me as an American ! Just a ? For you would you let him near your wife or daughter alone
    I d like to think I have enough trust in my wife and the leader of the free world to be alone together. My 12 year old daughter really shouldn't be alone with any 70 year old men except her grandfathers.
    I'm not saying Trump would do anything, but honestly, trust in your wife does not prevent sexual assault from happening.
    This I know.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yes
    So how many "no" voters on this thread watched it?
    There has to be at least one for sure.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

mcgruff10 said:

The rioting is terribly embarrassing. I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've seen regarding President Obama on social media. I'm worried by the nationalistic and populist address given by the President. Some of the noted changes made to the White House website are troublesome if it is an indication of things to come.

Lots of feelings today, obviously.
    Yes about the White House website . . . Says everything we need to know about the policies he'll push through
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

The rioting is terribly embarrassing. I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've seen regarding President Obama on social media. I'm worried by the nationalistic and populist address given by the President. Some of the noted changes made to the White House website are troublesome if it is an indication of things to come.

Lots of feelings today, obviously.
    Yes about the White House website . . . Says everything we need to know about the policies he'll push through
    Hey, at least the website was updated to inform us about the launch of Melania's line of jewelry she pimped on QVC.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469

I gotta say, I'm feeling very patriotic today.

How come?
    I came home for lunch..turned on the tv..and caught Trump's speech followed by the ritual of watching the outgoing Pres take off in the chopper.This is such a great country no matter what your political preference is.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

I gotta say, I'm feeling very patriotic today.

Are you driving around with the flag waving in the air ?
    No
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

What an absolutely naive and narrow understanding of global economic and political issues. I wish it were as easy as you alluded to.
    When one of his decisions personally affects my family or me I'll agree or disagree with your opinion of my opinion. Until then i won't be worried about China crushing our economy because Trump wants us to be less reliant on their goods or Russia destabilizing their neighboring territory because of Trump. I want my wife to be able to afford health care like we did before the ACA and my daughters to get the best education they can get. I want to pay less taxes and have less govt influence in my life. Call me selfish but me and mine before them and theirs. Once my ship comes in I'll worry about how Trump's cabinet sucks or how whatevs
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    No

So how many "no" voters on this thread watched it?
    There has to be at least one for sure.

not me. first one I've missed in my adult life & I'm more than ok with that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

mcgruff10 said:

When one of his decisions personally affects my family or me I'll agree or disagree with your opinion of my opinion. Until then i won't be worried about China crushing our economy because Trump wants us to be less reliant on their goods or Russia destabilizing their neighboring territory because of Trump. I want my wife to be able to afford health care like we did before the ACA and my daughters to get the best education they can get. I want to pay less taxes and have less govt influence in my life. Call me selfish but me and mine before them and theirs. Once my ship comes in I'll worry about how Trump's cabinet sucks or how whatevs
    Love it or hate it, but what you just stated is why Trump was elected.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Yes
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Ok
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    No
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

I agree.
  • Options
    Trump/My way as first dance or PJ/Bu$hleaguer? Which is more "over the top"?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

Trump/My way as first dance or PJ/Bu$hleaguer? Which is more "over the top"?

Bu$hleaguer seemed to be a cathartic exercise for Ed, trying to rid himself of his demons and his assist in getting W elected. My Way is something Trump chose because he's Trump. He's used to "My Way". He lives "My Way". What a prophetic start to the song, too... "And now, the end is near".
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    No

mcgruff10 said:

That says it all, doesn't it?

Lives in the most comfortable society ever to exist and pules about taxes.
    Me and mine (need lower taxes so I can get a boat or a stupid car) before them and theirs (who need food, water, and a normal life expectancy).
    Trumpism 101
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

All the wants you just listed won't happen with trump and nothing except his hot air said it would. If you look at his plans, they will actually have the opoosite effect.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2017
    No
    Didn't watch it, but did see this on twitter..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hIxu4WCmM
  • Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Me and mine (need lower taxes so I can get a boat or a stupid car) before them and theirs (who need food, water, and a normal life expectancy).
    Trumpism 101
    You may need to work on reading comprehension, seems like you're hoping I said something I didn't.

I don't need a boat or car but my wife's insurance jumped up by almost half with a higher deductible as well and I'd like to go back to how it was. How can I help someone else before I help myself, isn't that as basic as it gets? $8k in taxes for an average 250k house is way too high if you ask me and I'll complain about it if I want to, so there! lol.
    You can't give unless you have extra to give, and I'd love more than anything to give. You can only help others once you've helped yourself.

You need to stop with the bleeding heart "I'll give $5 if I only have $3" stuff that is obviously just internet blather.
  • Options

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Trumpism 101
    You may need to work on reading comprehension, seems like you're hoping I said something I didn't.

I don't need a boat or car but my wife's insurance jumped up by almost half with a higher deductible as well and I'd like to go back to how it was. How can I help someone else before I help myself, isn't that as basic as it gets? $8k in taxes for an average 250k house is way too high if you ask me and I'll complain about it if I want to, so there! lol.
    You can't give unless you have extra to give, and I'd love more than anything to give. You can only help others once you've helped yourself.

You need to stop with the bleeding heart "I'll give $5 if I only have $3" stuff that is obviously just internet blather.
    You hit on another reason trump got elected: you think he'll be able to lower your property taxes.
  • Options
    Yes

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Trumpism 101

You hit on another reason trump got elected: you think he'll be able to lower your property taxes.
    No, I just see that as more important to
    me than China and Russia. I think that's what we were talking about, not what got Trump elected. You guys somehow turned China and Russia and how he embarrassed us as Americans into what got him elected.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Sooooo you voted for the Presidential candidate that would lower your property taxes?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    No
    Same speech over & over he's gotta stop the coke ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    No

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Trumpism 101

If you & your wife are among "those with low incomes, middling credit scores or who have less than a 20% down payment on their homes" then you can expect your mortgage to go up thanks to the very first bill President Trump signed today.

This will also make it more difficult for potential first time home buyers to accomplish their goal.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4641511/trump-inauguration-mortgage-payments/?source=dam?client=safari

It's expected to have "very little affect on wealthier mortgage holders"
  • Options

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Trumpism 101

No, I just see that as more important to
    me than China and Russia. I think that's what we were talking about, not what got Trump elected. You guys somehow turned China and Russia and how he embarrassed us as Americans into what got him elected.
    I don't think you're tracking the convo. I'm glad you see lowering your property taxes as important, but that has nothing to do with trump, but what you posted suggested that you think it does have something to do with trump.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802

mcgruff10 said:

Delusional economic policy, isolationalist nationalism is "pretty good"? No thanks. Keep those eighth graders informed along the way.
    and teach critical thinking....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m giving the guy a chance. If he s terrible then I ll jump on the bandwagon. But until then I really hope he does a good job.

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place