Options

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    No

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Anti-Trump protesters are acting like a bunch of idiots. I don't think you would be seeing anything like this if the tables were turned.

Did you miss the whole birther movement?
    I recall it. I don't recall them assaulting people and destroying property when Obama was being sworn in.
    Read the article in the link I posted. There were assualts & riots all across the country. Don't sit here and pretend there weren't.
    I've scanned the article several times and I'm not seeing any mention of organized protesters. It's 11 individual hate crimes all across the country.

Apples and Oranges.
    So what are you referring to? You said if the tables were turned, this wouldn't be happening. What wouldn't be happening? Riots? I gave you an article that proved that there were riots 8 years ago, when the tables were turned. A riot is a violent public disturbance. I believe those 11 individual hate crimes qualify. Bear in mind, it wasn't like these were the only 11 incidents across the nation.
    they get a pass because they weren't smart enough to be organized.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    Yes
    You guys were embarrassed as Americans? I voted for Hillary but I thought it was really cool seeing all the former presidents and current Supreme Court justices. I thought trump s speech was pretty good. My 8th graders were in awe watching it.
    The only thing I was embarrassed about was the small percentage of protesters who were three to incite violence and cause damage to private property.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yes

I'm embarrassed to be an American today. I never thought I would ever feel that way

Yep.
    Come on guys it's not that bad..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

You guys were embarrassed as Americans? I voted for Hillary but I thought it was really cool seeing all the former presidents and current Supreme Court justices. I thought trump s speech was pretty good. My 8th graders were in awe watching it.
    The only thing I was embarrassed about was the small percentage of protesters who were three to incite violence and cause damage to private property.

No doubt destructive protesting has no place in the push back against this vile Bafoon and no I will never ever address him as anything else , thank god for the 1st amendment !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

Wait so your proud to have him represent you ..to the world ? I for one am totally embarrassed ...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited January 2017

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Anti-Trump protesters are acting like a bunch of idiots. I don't think you would be seeing anything like this if the tables were turned.

I recall it. I don't recall them assaulting people and destroying property when Obama was being sworn in.
    Read the article in the link I posted. There were assualts & riots all across the country. Don't sit here and pretend there weren't.
    I've scanned the article several times and I'm not seeing any mention of organized protesters. It's 11 individual hate crimes all across the country.

Apples and Oranges.
    So what are you referring to? You said if the tables were turned, this wouldn't be happening. What wouldn't be happening? Riots? I gave you an article that proved that there were riots 8 years ago, when the tables were turned. A riot is a violent public disturbance. I believe those 11 individual hate crimes qualify. Bear in mind, it wasn't like these were the only 11 incidents across the nation.
    I don't think so. Scenes of violence and destruction have been occurring for the last 1/2+ year at Trump rallies by protesters but not at Clinton rallies (maybe because she never had them often?).

The Baylor incident is the only one that may be considered close to a riot, but violence didn't ensue. I don't want to get into a dictionary war, but those others aren't classified by anyone as riots.

Again, my point is the irony of using hate to protest hate. I've given the Clown much more crap then Clinton, but there is no way to defend the protesters behavior.
  • Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

Wait so your proud to have him represent you ..to the world ? I for one am totally embarrassed ...
    I m giving the guy a chance. If he s terrible then I ll jump on the bandwagon. But until then I really hope he does a good job.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mcgruff10 said:

The rioting is terribly embarrassing. I'm embarrassed by some of the things I've seen regarding President Obama on social media. I'm worried by the nationalistic and populist address given by the President. Some of the noted changes made to the White House website are troublesome if it is an indication of things to come.

Lots of feelings today, obviously.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m giving the guy a chance. If he s terrible then I ll jump on the bandwagon. But until then I really hope he does a good job.
    That's the way I see it...it feels like people want him to fail..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Does that equate to you being proud you asked if some of us are embarrassed I stated that I'm embarrassed ! So I take it your proud .
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    Wma31394 said:

I'm embarrassed to be an American today. I never thought I would ever feel that way

Yep.
    Come on guys it's not that bad..
    I'm going out on a limb to say that having an authoritarian sex offender president is really that bad.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

I myself don't give a shit what the world thinks of us, why should I? We have enough crap to deal with here within our own borders to worry about something as silly as image, that's a middle school worry. Or a 7up commercial. At least the guy says he's focused on fixing the things Americans need. I'm glad we won't be apologizing to the rest of the world anymore like we did for the last 8 years.

Agree that he may be a poor public speaker, looks like a hairy cheetoh and has tiny hands, but I can get over that.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    No
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Apples and Oranges.
    I don't think so. Scenes of violence and destruction have been occurring for the last 1/2+ year at Trump rallies by protesters but not at Clinton rallies (maybe because she never had them often?).

The Baylor incident is the only one that may be considered close to a riot, but violence didn't ensue. I don't want to get into a dictionary war, but those others aren't classified by anyone as riots.

Again, my point is the irony of using hate to protest hate. I've given the Clown much more crap then Clinton, but there is no way to defend the protesters behavior.
    I completely agree about rioting, looting, harming people, etc. There is no place for it. You're absolutely correct about using hate to protest hate. But it definitely did happen when Obama was elected and sworn in. Perhaps not on the same scale, but with the same motive - hatred.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

I myself don't give a shit what the world thinks of us, why should I? We have enough crap to deal with here within our own borders to worry about something as silly as image, that's a middle school worry. Or a 7up commercial. At least the guy says he's focused on fixing the things Americans need. I'm glad we won't be apologizing to the rest of the world anymore like we did for the last 8 years.

Agree that he may be a poor public speaker, looks like a hairy cheetoh and has tiny hands, but I can get over that.
    You know there's an actual component of the job where he needs to make decisions on international affairs? Someone can try to be an isolationist all they want, but that doesn't change reality.
  • Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Does that equate to you being proud you asked if some of us are embarrassed I stated that I'm embarrassed ! So I take it your proud .
    Of course I m proud. I love this country. Today we got to witness living history.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Fun fact: the isolationist group in the early 40's was named America First. So the irony of this guy saying those two words over and over was humorous.
  • Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

I myself don't give a shit what the world thinks of us, why should I?
    Are you drunk?

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Delusional economic policy, isolationalist nationalism is "pretty good"? No thanks. Keep those eighth graders informed along the way.
  • Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

You know there's an actual component of the job where he needs to make decisions on international affairs? Someone can try to be an isolationist all they want, but that doesn't change reality.
    Of course, i know that, but im not talking about his policies. I was replying to the comment that he's embarrassing as far as how he represents us to the world, not as far as his international decisions and policies. I just don't care how people see us or him, it really doesn't mean much to me as far as how I weigh a president. Since he hasnt even made any policy yet that could be judged. the only thing that the outside world could judge him on is his speeches, rallies, tweets, etc., and it doesn't bother me how people think of us all due to those, that's all pretty trivial and surface level to me
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Of course I m proud. I love this country. Today we got to witness living history.
    Ok I'm proud of being an American but I'm embarrassed to have this man represent me as an American ! Just a ? For you would you let him near your wife or daughter alone
  • Options
    No

mcgruff10 said:

Of course, i know that, but im not talking about his policies. I was replying to the comment that he's embarrassing as far as how he represents us to the world, not as far as his international decisions and policies. I just don't care how people see us or him, it really doesn't mean much to me as far as how I weigh a president. Since he hasnt even made any policy yet that could be judged. the only thing that the outside world could judge him on is his speeches, rallies, tweets, etc., and it doesn't bother me how people think of us all due to those, that's all pretty trivial and surface level to me
    he already signed a bill into law mere moments after he was sworn in.
    he has done plenty that can be judged already. have you not heard who his cabinet picks are?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

mcgruff10 said:

He's already had interactions with Russia and has flubbed with China. He's expressed policies that can be judged. None of this is trivial. It's time to have actual expectations for trump.
  • Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Ok I'm proud of being an American but I'm embarrassed to have this man represent me as an American ! Just a ? For you would you let him near your wife or daughter alone
    I d like to think I have enough trust in my wife and the leader of the free world to be alone together. My 12 year old daughter really shouldn't be alone with any 70 year old men except her grandfathers.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I d like to think I have enough trust in my wife and the leader of the free world to be alone together. My 12 year old daughter really shouldn't be alone with any 70 year old men except her grandfathers.
    And your wife shouldn't be alone with trump.
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Ok fair enough you trust him I wouldn't let him near my dog ! I see him differently someone not to be trusted ..
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

mcgruff10 said:

I work for a measly little retail business and I can say for a fact that our tactfulness (diplomacy) often shapes the outcome of our negotiations, so I can't help but extrapolate that in the political arena it would likely be the same. Based on that, couldn't Trump's tactlessness be considered an opponent of Making America Great Again? Do you honestly feel that those Trump will be partnering and/or negotiating with are so robotic as to base their actions and opinions exclusively on logic?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    No
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I'm not saying Trump would do anything, but honestly, trust in your wife does not prevent sexual assault from happening.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn't! But I wouldn't let any dude with as much power & money as a president.

mcgruff10 said:

he has done plenty that can be judged already. have you not heard who his cabinet picks are?
    I didn't hear about it, what's the new law?

And his cabinet picks are questionable- some im ok with some I'm not, but other than this law you mentioned I don't know of anything they've done yet in their new cabinet spots that I can judge
  • Options
    Yes

mcgruff10 said:

He's already had interactions with Russia and has flubbed with China. He's expressed policies that can be judged. None of this is trivial. It's time to have actual expectations for trump.
    Russia doesn't scare me, their economy is shit and the only thing they export is vodka which they drink too much of anyway. China makes too much of our goods, so I'm glad he's flubbed with them whatever that means. Trump plays the game, and that's what you have to do, right?
  • Options
    No

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn't! But I wouldn't let any dude with as much power & money as a president.

mcgruff10 said:

I didn't hear about it, what's the new law?

And his cabinet picks are questionable- some im ok with some I'm not, but other than this law you mentioned I don't know of anything they've done yet in their new cabinet spots that I can judge
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/donald-trump-first-law-actions/

The 45th President signed a bill passed by Congress earlier this month that would allow retired Gen. James Mattis to serve as defense secretary by waiving the legal requirement that he be out of the military for seven years before doing so, according to White House press secretary Sean Spicer.
    Mattis will still need to be confirmed by the Senate, which is expected Friday afternoon.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com