Options

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

Comments

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

I'm still deciding. First I planned to be there protesting, then I said "Maybe I'll get my nails done instead," and now I think I might want to watch just out of civic responsibility. I feel like I should hear what he says firsthand instead of having it filtered. I do like the ratings boycott idea, though. That's a very good reason to not watch.

That's similar to my perspective, what dreams. Kind of like jury duty.

Your comments after the bolded part, I think the former outweighs the latter...seems more important to me.
    Does it matter what he says? Seriously. 10 minutes later he never said it and to show video makes you biased. or better yet , its fake news.

What you want to watch is what Pence is doing. While everyone is concerned with the baby in chief, Pence is putting the agenda together.
    Don't you worry. I'm watching Pence and the entire Congress carefully. I'm starting a local "indivisible" group. Look it up. Indivisible.org. can't post links from my phone but posted it in Trump thread, to which nobody commented.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yes
    I'll watch some of it..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited January 2017
    No

I'm going to post this as my Facebook picture on friday
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

I'm going to post this as my Facebook picture on friday

Yes.

• Options

Better question would be - have you ever watched one? Isn't it at noon? Don't you people have jobs? Oh, that's why you've watched the Democratic ones before....Seeing if they're giving anything away on that day.

Says a guy posting on a band's message board at 2:30 in the afternoon...
    You win the "I take the world literally" award. Congrats....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i have never been so grateful to not have a television as i am currently
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited January 2017
    No

I'm still deciding. First I planned to be there protesting, then I said "Maybe I'll get my nails done instead," and now I think I might want to watch just out of civic responsibility. I feel like I should hear what he says firsthand instead of having it filtered. I do like the ratings boycott idea, though. That's a very good reason to not watch.

It's not a civic responsibility to watch the inauguration. Also, there will be a complete transcript of what he says. Yes, I agree that the ratings boycott is a good reason not to watch! ;) Reminder: If you watch it later online it won't be counted in the ratings.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    As I said, unless it's 50degrees and sunny, no way am I attending the inauguration. I'll probably catch glimpses of it from whichever viewing party I'm at, hopefully the Loews party isn't lame, otherwise I'll be forced to find another. I don't really want to be outdoors in the rain and amongst the fray. Seems like everytime I'm in DC which isn't often, it reigns. You can't imagine all the booklets pamphlets emails I received regarding the festivities whereabouts do's dont's etc. Truly unbelievable, whatever happened to the paperwork reduction act! Anyway wherever I land, I'm hoping that our "hospitality" is taken care of.

We're hoping the DC Trump train later on, anyone ever ride Amtrak first class? I'm not sure what the difference is between fc and coach, free drinks?

I'm thinking my weekend drinks of choice will be Bells Two Hearted Ale in honor of my fallen comrad Seth Rich and Black Russians. I prefer White Russians with organic milk, but cant bring myself to request organic milk, you know that old saying about choosy beggars.

I haven't been to DC as a "tourist" in years, any sightseeing recommendations out there? I have a bag full of passes to choose from.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    No

Better question would be - have you ever watched one? Isn't it at noon? Don't you people have jobs? Oh, that's why you've watched the Democratic ones before....Seeing if they're giving anything away on that day.

You won the turd sandwich award. Congrats...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    JC29856 said:

As I said, unless it's 50degrees and sunny, no way am I attending the inauguration. I'll probably catch glimpses of it from whichever viewing party I'm at, hopefully the Loews party isn't lame, otherwise I'll be forced to find another. I don't really want to be outdoors in the rain and amongst the fray. Seems like everytime I'm in DC which isn't often, it reigns. You can't imagine all the booklets pamphlets emails I received regarding the festivities whereabouts do's dont's etc. Truly unbelievable, whatever happened to the paperwork reduction act! Anyway wherever I land, I'm hoping that our "hospitality" is taken care of.

We're hoping the DC Trump train later on, anyone ever ride Amtrak first class? I'm not sure what the difference is between fc and coach, free drinks?

I'm thinking my weekend drinks of choice will be Bells Two Hearted Ale in honor of my fallen comrad Seth Rich and Black Russians. I prefer White Russians with organic milk, but cant bring myself to request organic milk, you know that old saying about choosy beggars.

I haven't been to DC as a "tourist" in years, any sightseeing recommendations out there? I have a bag full of passes to choose from.

This made me laugh out loud, for a number of reasons.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Good comeback...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    No
    Stop talking about each other and talk about the topic. Posting Guidelines, thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    No
    No, absolutely not!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    No
    I will be working to pay my above fair share of taxes which will be used inappropriately like typical US government whether republican or democratic led.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

I try my best!
    What's not funny was trying on my Tux, I haven't worn it in at least 3 years, wow! Scary. I've somehow developed Barry Bonds-head. It's like my skull continues to grow, certainly not proportionate to or because of the brains inside.
    I ended up renting a tux, looks like shit but don't all rental tuxs?

If your near the Loews pop in look for me, White Russians on the donors, look for anyone that most resembles a team mascot.

Anyway glad to hear your party affiliation hasn't yet impaired your sense of humor.
    "Stay away from the GMOs"
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No
    I'd rather watch a marathon of Twilight, bad M Night and Transformers movies without Rifftrax commentary than watch it. I may skip work for a protest rally nearby at the colleges whether I grew up in Claremont,CA. It's worth losing $50 on the next paycheck to fight for this country.

I'll make up for it with tax return money anyways.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    No
    I actually like M Night movies - even the bad ones. :giggle:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    No
    Fuck this bully
  • Options
    Yes
    All the posters in this thread that say no should watch it.
    That way you will hear it straight from the mouth of President Trump not regurgitated later with the spin of the press.
    All the no people will wait to read their favourite news source that comforts them after the event.
    All the no people should also watch it to spare other AMT posters the pain of posting you the information of what he said later.
    At the very least watch is before it makes headlines.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

You won the turd sandwich award. Congrats...
    LOL!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's not a civic responsibility to watch the inauguration. Also, there will be a complete transcript of what he says. Yes, I agree that the ratings boycott is a good reason not to watch! ;) Reminder: If you watch it later online it won't be counted in the ratings.
    It's not a civic responsibility to know what your president says on the day he gets sworn in????

There's a difference between a duty and a responsibility. I disagree
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I try my best!
    What's not funny was trying on my Tux, I haven't worn it in at least 3 years, wow! Scary. I've somehow developed Barry Bonds-head. It's like my skull continues to grow, certainly not proportionate to or because of the brains inside.
    I ended up renting a tux, looks like shit but don't all rental tuxs?

If your near the Loews pop in look for me, White Russians on the donors, look for anyone that most resembles a team mascot.

Anyway glad to hear your party affiliation hasn't yet impaired your sense of humor.
    "Stay away from the GMOs"
    Where's the Loew's pop-up? Location please. I might alter my plans just to meet the infamous JC . . . Hahaha
  • Options
    I here the attendance for the concert portion is not so good.

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I think those photos are a little misleading, and I'm not in the business of defending Trump. I don't put any weight in attendance for tomorrow or for Obama 8 years ago. I think the photos of mass people together that will matter are those in the streets on Saturday all over the country.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

I here the attendance for the concert portion is not so good.

Obama had better bands, but I wish I had known there would be fireworks
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    No

I think those photos are a little misleading, and I'm not in the business of defending Trump. I don't put any weight in attendance for tomorrow or for Obama 8 years ago. I think the photos of mass people together that will matter are those in the streets on Saturday all over the country.

and Friday...
    I had a job interview scheduled downtown tomorrow & they asked me to reschedule because of planned protests in Portland tomorrow. Kind of bummed that the interview was postponed, but happy that I won't get caught in the mess.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    No
    I have to work and contribute tax dollars so Cheetolini can someday have his militarty parades with tanks and missle launchers on Pennsylvania Avenue.
  • Options

It shouldn't matter at all. But you know it matters to the Don and his supporters.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I was there 8 years ago for Obama. There is weight in what happened in DC 8 years ago. If you were here, you understand. It was unlike anything I've ever seen in this city.

If I don't have a horrible hangover tomorrow, I think I might go. I'm really just damned curious to witness who on earth cares enough to attend this shit show.

But right now I'm just getting drunk. Most everybody in the burbs has the day off tomorrow. People are out. We're all getting drunk
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    You know what I really hate? I have to live with these people for four years. I mean . . . Not just complain because they're in charge of America, but actually live with them. The Rick Perries, the Betsy DeVoses, the fucking Trumps . . . All these people are moving here, and I have to live with them in my town for four years. Everyone loves to hate on "Washington," they think of it as "the corrupt Washington that never changes," but only those of us who live here know how things do change -- the mood, the vibe, the energy -- every time one group leaves and the next group moves in. Every four to eight years, it changes. It's really going to suck this time. We do not want the Trumps and their entourage in our town, we don't want them in our precious White House and all the other buildings that we are so proud of, we don't want those assholes transforming anything about DC, Ivanka and Melania and the young boy -- they should just stay in NY. Trump could do his presidency from Manhattan. We would be totally okay with that. We don't need or want him covering our landmarks in gold. Say a prayer for DC, the real DC, not political DC, but the people who have to actually be neighbors with these assholes who are about to descend on us. I don't know a happy resident here tonight. None.