Options

U2 Joshua Tree 2017

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    derbydave said:

Scored 2 for Cleveland...
    Saturday night show will be a BLAST!!!

Sweet! Mine is a Friday night, so that's exciting, but Saturday is THE day for concerts of course. The crowd is always best on a Saturday. Fridays are the next best thing, but everyone is still worn out from the work week so not quite as good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Decided against Cleveland because it's 4th of July weekend. Hotels will be through the roof.

Had 3 cheap seats for Heinz Field... except they aren't cheap. $35 ticket and fucking $29 in god damn fees. Almost doubles the ticket price! Fuck you, Ticketmaster!!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Decided against Cleveland because it's 4th of July weekend. Hotels will be through the roof.

Had 3 cheap seats for Heinz Field... except they aren't cheap. $35 ticket and fucking $29 in god damn fees. Almost doubles the ticket price! Fuck you, Ticketmaster!!

I live on the north side of Columbus,
    so it's less than a 2 hour drive home for me!!
    Seeing Tom Petty in Cleveland (also a Saturday night) in May too.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited January 2017
    derbydave said:

Yeah, Heinz Field is less than 2 for me as well. And now those $35 $64 seats are gone. :disappointed:
    Cleveland's about 3 1/2 hrs if I take the turnpike (add another $40 to the trip), about 4 1/2 if I take 70W to 77N. I might actually be at that Petty show. One of my friends has tickets and I'm her backup if her other ticket buddy bails. That's all depending on funds, though, too.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options

derbydave said:

Yeah, Heinz Field is less than 2 for me as well. And now those $35 $64 seats are gone. :disappointed:
    Cleveland's about 3 1/2 hrs if I take the turnpike (add another $40 to the trip), about 4 1/2 if I take 70W to 77N. I might actually be at that Petty show. One of my friends has tickets and I'm her backup if her other ticket buddy bails. That's all depending on funds, though, too.
    Hope to see you there buddy...
    AND if you ever need a place to crash,
    you are always welcome here!! :rock_on:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Any opinion on whether or not it is worth $50 for the presale in NJ? Just wondering what type of presale tix people scored. Thanks!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    kasedoug said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Ryan said:

Just got two GA for Chicago at 11:30 AM CST if anyone is looking, go get 'em!

Looks like they took their time in releasing the GA tickets....got mine for the Rose Bowl over an hour after the initial on-sale.
    Scored a pair from KLOS on-air Friday afternoon so hopefully I'll see you there!
    Wow, you finally won some tickets! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PL10476 said:

Any opinion on whether or not it is worth $50 for the presale in NJ? Just wondering what type of presale tix people scored. Thanks!

The presales are over. Public sale was this morning.
    EDIT: Oooohhhh, I get it, lol. Sorry, I thought you were asking for this sale. But I guess you meant for the future. :) I have never been a member with U2, but I do know that the public sale for their last tour, when they played arenas, was pretty tough. It sold out super fast. But for this stadium tour I found the public sale really easy. I think I would have been pretty annoyed if I'd spent an extra $50 for this current sale. However, I'm told their members' "gift" is pretty good, like actual LPs and stuff. If you're into that, then the $50 is probably worth it either way.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am going to Radiohead in Seattle instead ;)
  • Options
    Thx, PJ_Soul. A 2nd show was added in NJ and the pre-sale happens tomorrow at 10am. The 1st show sold out quickly this morning (public sale) so I am hoping some East Coasters can shed some light on getting some decent seats.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PL10476 said:

Thx, PJ_Soul. A 2nd show was added in NJ and the pre-sale happens tomorrow at 10am. The 1st show sold out quickly this morning (public sale) so I am hoping some East Coasters can shed some light on getting some decent seats.

I got GA with the presale for the first night at met life. it was really really easy to do and definitely worth the $50 to me.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PL10476 said:

Ahhh, I see. I didn't even realize they'd added shows in the USA. I thought it was only Europe.
  • Options
    I worshipped U2 back in the 80s and have seen them 3 times, last time was in 2001. I have been put off by their corporate rock facade and charging extortion rates for tickets, but I am very excited about the Rose Bowl show for Joshua Tree's 30th anniversary. I saw them back then and I'm compelled to see them now. I managed to get a ticket to the show and it sold out seconds later. Amazing.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options

I worshipped U2 back in the 80s and have seen them 3 times, last time was in 2001. I have been put off by their corporate rock facade and charging extortion rates for tickets, but I am very excited about the Rose Bowl show for Joshua Tree's 30th anniversary. I saw them back then and I'm compelled to see them now. I managed to get a ticket to the show and it sold out seconds later. Amazing.

I can't even imagine how good they were live in the 80s. Did they vary their set lists back in the day?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I can't even imagine how good they were live in the 80s. Did they vary their set lists back in the day?
    Yes, the set lists were varied and Bono talked a LOT during the shows. I was at the Joshua Tree tour in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome in 1987, and to experience this again, in So Cal in 2017 is surreal.

• Options

mcgruff10 said:

Yes, the set lists were varied and Bono talked a LOT during the shows. I was at the Joshua Tree tour in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome in 1987, and to experience this again, in So Cal in 2017 is surreal.
    I m so pumped for you bud!!! Joshua tree is one of my favorite albums of all time so I am definitely extra excited.
    I m trying to convince my wife to do two shows but she s not going for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

mcgruff10 said:

I saw U2 on the original Joshua Tree tour as well:

Did the show at the Hoosier Dome in Indy...
    Funny to see that the tickets were only $16.50 back then!!
    Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    I've seen conflicting reports

Are they play the album start to finish or mixing it in? Think I've read both and also that they may play the album mid set in order.

Anyone know?
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Got opening night tickets for Vancouver (nosebleeds but only $35 so can't complain) and GA in Seattle! it'll be my 20th and 21st shows respectively going back to 1992.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890

Are they play the album start to finish or mixing it in? Think I've read both and also that they may play the album mid set in order.

Anyone know?

From what I read in the Edge's interview in Rolling Stone, he mentions warming up to playing the album in sequence. That they won't necessarily be opening with "Where The Streets Have No Name" right out of the gate, but it's all still TBD.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    So we booked a trip to Dublin to see them in Croke Park but couldn't pull any tickets during the general sale. If anyone has a pair or even a single please let me know. The aftermarket prices on these are just crazy.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    kasedoug said:

Anyone know?

From what I read in the Edge's interview in Rolling Stone, he mentions warming up to playing the album in sequence. That they won't necessarily be opening with "Where The Streets Have No Name" right out of the gate, but it's all still TBD.
    Thanks. If I had my choice I'd rather them mix it up. But I am 100% for them opening with Streets on this tour. Would have the same affect as when Bruce opens with Badlands.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

I lost my ticket stub in a house flood, and the concert t-shirt faded beyond repair after years of wearing. BTW, that Silverdome show was the FIRST time that U2 played at a stadium in the US, so it was a historical show.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

Even funnier is the low TM service charge back then!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    My first U2 show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmmhY0h72RY&t=75s

Can't believe it's been 30 years.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

Even funnier is the low TM service charge back then!
    Someone pointed out that the actual ticket price is LESS than the TM fees & convenience charges we pay now!!
    Pretty sad :angry:

• Options
    That's a very well kept ticket, Dave! My first concert ticket is from '97 and you can barely read it.
  • Options

That's a very well kept ticket, Dave! My first concert ticket is from '97 and you can barely read it.

It's been on display with other ticket stubs and press credentials on the bulletin in my home office for 30 years!!

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

K. Thanks. Its a risk that far ahead trying to get time off work. At least hotel reservations are cancellable but ridiculous prices in Van even with govt rate its near $200 anywhere downtown

True. Tip for your hotel: Get a room away from downtown but by a skytrain station (like in New Westminster or Burnaby/Coquitlam (Lougheed Town Centre Stn, New Westminster Stn or Metrotown Stn). The room will likely be way cheaper, but you'll have very easy access to downtown and the venue. The Skytrain goes right to BC Place/downtown. It shuts down kind of early though, like 12:30 or 1am or something, so if you want to party downtown late, that's where you'll want to stay.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind. I'll be travelling to Vancouver for this show (combined with a holiday as I've never been to the western part of Canada before). Already booked my flight, still need to book hotels (and figure out what I want to do in the days before and after the show).

U2 shows. Yippie!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited January 2017
    this tour is prob around 100 kuricks

Not a fan at all but if I was ever going to see bono and the edge it would be for Joshua tree or achtung baby or maybe War
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.