Options

U2 Joshua Tree 2017

Comments

• Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414

CJ260717 said:

I just signed up for the membership again so I can jump on the presale. Been a member off and on for years. I meant to sign up a couple of weeks ago since talk of a tour.

Does my presale code give the same access as a a long time paying member?

You get in on the second round.
    Thought so - that is what happen to me on their last two tours. You would think I'd learn...
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    I'm in the Lumineers fan club and am offered pre sale for shows they are opening.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Starting the tour in Vancouver again. I'm a bit surprised because they started their last tour here too. Anyway, if at first I don't succeed... Maybe this time TM won't fuck me if I manage to get tickets in my shopping cart. I wish I had a paid membership so I could get the presale dammit, but another $50.... no (seems like they let you pay for the membership after the tour announcement and be included in the presale though, which is surprising. Is that true? Or is their wording just poor on that?). Anyway, fingers crossed, because I STILL haven't managed to see U2 in my life! It's getting ridiculous.

The fact you get tickets... coupled with a decent gift item with your membership makes it worthwhile, Soul.

You should just bite the bullet and be glad you did!
    No, I'm not even tempted TBH, despite the fact that having a presale would be nice. I like U2, and really REALLY love their earlier albums (I own everything from Unforgettable Fire through Atchung Baby and spin them semi-regularly), but I'm not a big enough fan for a paid membership. I mean, I want to see them, but I'm far from the level of fandom where I'd be "heartbroken" if I missed their show again. If I can't get tix I'll be disappointed, but not overly so. I don't know what these membership items that they send are, but I can't imagine I'd want it, whatever it is. I have zero interest in U2 merch. I don't even buy their new albums.
    One of the items is a double lp.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I knew to look here for answers! My wife is a huge U2 fan, but not the type of person who would join a fan club. (That's my job!) She loves Joshua Tree and we'll be catching this for sure. Would getting in the second round of presale be worth the $50 and avoiding the public onsale?

I know I'm not the first to request, but if anyone has a code they'd part with we'd be forever grateful!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    dlymnfld said:

I'm in the Lumineers fan club and am offered pre sale for shows they are opening.

Do you know if you can join now and still get in on any presales?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I knew to look here for answers! My wife is a huge U2 fan, but not the type of person who would join a fan club. (That's my job!) She loves Joshua Tree and we'll be catching this for sure. Would getting in the second round of presale be worth the $50 and avoiding the public onsale?

I know I'm not the first to request, but if anyone has a code they'd part with we'd be forever grateful!

I say 'yes'.

I renewed for some strange reason (basically... 'Aw wtf?') last year and wouldn't you know it... they're doing this little thing. I got lucky.

Typically, I'd just pay for the membership and get in on round two of the pre sale. I've done this two times. It amounts to an additional 25 per ticket or so, however you beat the rush and you get a decent gift as well. It's a no brainer now that I think about it.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2017

dlymnfld said:

The date of the second pre sale... I think you can purchase a membership and tickets in one transaction. I did this for the last tour.

Edit: I was speaking to the U2 component of the equation.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    If anyone has a password I can use, I'll do what I can to pay you back!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Does anyone know - is the Red Zone more expensive than GA, or just more limited?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

dlymnfld said:

I'm not sure as I've been a member for awhile. I just logged into my account and just said I can buy presale tix on Friday. I'm buying tickets for Foxboro for anyone wondering if I'm using my presale code. On a side note, my kids loved the Xmas gift as it was a music box that played a Lumineers song.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Starting the tour in Vancouver again. I'm a bit surprised because they started their last tour here too. Anyway, if at first I don't succeed... Maybe this time TM won't fuck me if I manage to get tickets in my shopping cart. I wish I had a paid membership so I could get the presale dammit, but another $50.... no (seems like they let you pay for the membership after the tour announcement and be included in the presale though, which is surprising. Is that true? Or is their wording just poor on that?). Anyway, fingers crossed, because I STILL haven't managed to see U2 in my life! It's getting ridiculous.

The fact you get tickets... coupled with a decent gift item with your membership makes it worthwhile, Soul.

No, I'm not even tempted TBH, despite the fact that having a presale would be nice. I like U2, and really REALLY love their earlier albums (I own everything from Unforgettable Fire through Atchung Baby and spin them semi-regularly), but I'm not a big enough fan for a paid membership. I mean, I want to see them, but I'm far from the level of fandom where I'd be "heartbroken" if I missed their show again. If I can't get tix I'll be disappointed, but not overly so. I don't know what these membership items that they send are, but I can't imagine I'd want it, whatever it is. I have zero interest in U2 merch. I don't even buy their new albums.
    Yeah, not interested. I have all the U2 albums I want already. No desire for their new stuff or live albums (at least, not for $$. If it were free I'd take it, lol!). I'll listen to their newer music now and again, but digital format will do for that. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, not interested. I have all the U2 albums I want already. No desire for their new stuff or live albums (at least, not for $$. If it were free I'd take it, lol!). I'll listen to their newer music now and again, but digital format will do for that. :)
    Just trying to give you a nudge is all. I'm confident you'll do what's best for you!

It won't be impossible to get tickets to a BC Place show. You might be miles away, but you'll be int he building!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Just trying to give you a nudge is all. I'm confident you'll do what's best for you!

It won't be impossible to get tickets to a BC Place show. You might be miles away, but you'll be int he building!
    Yeah, you're probably right. With the floor filled that's probably 65,000+ tickets or something like that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    for the smaller arena shows last tour fan club GA floors were credit card only entry and you basically had to get in on that presale or your chances were slim at best for GA for the public on sale. my brother bought a fan club and a pair of tickets at the same time(same tour) but he didn't get GA
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    soooooo pumped for these as joshua tree is up there with "ten" as one of my favorite albums of all time. I'm really glad they aren't playing the album in order.
    see you guys in jersey.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Would LOVE to see this, but the LINC(Philly) is a BAD place for a concert. Saw Springsteen ther and the sound was HORRIBLE. But, i love Joshua Tree, so i might tempted to buy.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

soooooo pumped for these as joshua tree is up there with "ten" as one of my favorite albums of all time. I'm really glad they aren't playing the album in order.
    see you guys in jersey.

Yes. Brilliant album for sure. Really looking forward to this as well.

Got GnR. Peppers. And now U2 to look forward to. Life is good.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I will be happy if I can wedge some PJ in during 2017.
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    benjs said:

Does anyone know - is the Red Zone more expensive than GA, or just more limited?

In Europe RED zone is €300 or so, but in the Ticketmaster seat maps it looks like a big portion of the rail so it's quite tempting...
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    I decided against the last U2 tour because ticket prices were astronomical. I think 2-300 for nosebleeds. If its more of the same for this then I'll sit this one out too.

To add I think it's cool that PJ does surprise shows with albums where as other bands promote a tour of it. I'm hoping that PJ never goes down the latter.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The walkout stage will be in the shape of The Joshua Tree.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

see you guys in jersey.

I read somewhere yesterday that there were NOT plans to play the album in order at each show.... Did the band say that they would be doing that?
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

see you guys in jersey.

I read somewhere yesterday that there were NOT plans to play the album in order at each show.... Did the band say that they would be doing that?
    They've just said "live in full for the very first time - every song every night". I'm pretty sure that they're not playing it in order, especially in Europe where the sunset time is very late. I thin they won't open playing Streets with no dark in the stadium.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 639
    elen said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

see you guys in jersey.

They've just said "live in full for the very first time - every song every night". I'm pretty sure that they're not playing it in order, especially in Europe where the sunset time is very late. I thin they won't open playing Streets with no dark in the stadium.
    From the Rolling stone interview with The Edge:

Are you going to play the album in sequence at the shows?
    "I believe we will, and I say "believe we will" because that is certainly the working assumption right now. The show might not necessarily start with Track One, Side One, "Where the Streets Have No Name," because we feel like maybe we need to build up to that moment, so we're still in the middle of figuring out exactly how the running order will go, so yes. We will be playing the album in sequence."

Here's the link if you want to check out the whole thing. It's a good read.

...and I'm hopping on tomorrow morning to try and snag presale tix to the Rose Bowl show. Already have my PTO form at work approved!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options

Definitely trying for Philly!
    Thinking that they'll add more dates to some cities, as well...

Also, looking at the dates on their site, looks like Mumford & Sons is only supporting Vancouver, Seattle, and San Fran. The Lumineers are set for all other NA cities except the FL dates, which have OneRepublic listed.

Ugh, I can't stand Mumford & Sons. I wish the Lumineers were playing the west coast too. But hey, if I get a seat and not GA, I will be able to take my sweet time in getting to the venue since I will want to skip the opener. :tongue:
  • Options
    DC29940 said:

elen said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

see you guys in jersey.

From the Rolling stone interview with The Edge:

Are you going to play the album in sequence at the shows?
    "I believe we will, and I say "believe we will" because that is certainly the working assumption right now. The show might not necessarily start with Track One, Side One, "Where the Streets Have No Name," because we feel like maybe we need to build up to that moment, so we're still in the middle of figuring out exactly how the running order will go, so yes. We will be playing the album in sequence."

Here's the link if you want to check out the whole thing. It's a good read.

...and I'm hopping on tomorrow morning to try and snag presale tix to the Rose Bowl show. Already have my PTO form at work approved!
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/u2-detail-the-joshua-tree-summer-tour-w459520
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 595

Ugh, I can't stand Mumford & Sons. I wish the Lumineers were playing the west coast too. But hey, if I get a seat and not GA, I will be able to take my sweet time in getting to the venue since I will want to skip the opener. :tongue:

Just curious if you've given the newest Mumford record a chance? I was like you, really not into Mumford after two albums. Their last album has much more guitars and no banjo. I love it and saw them in Squamish. It was an awesome show.

Just throwing it out there to give that album a chance, it may change your mind.
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    Will be on all devices trying to get tickets for the DC show. Aiming for floor but I'll settle for the closest available. If you're a fan this is a show you can't miss in my opinion
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    just got ga for the new jersey show...took about 30 seconds. sooooooo easy. $70 face value per ticket.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    I need a passsswordddddd :anguished:
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022