A Perfect Circle working on new material, set to tour in 2017

13»

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 8,623

I got so caught up in the excitement of Tool coming to my area, I totally forgot about APC in 2017. They did tell us there would be new music this year, and the website has been redesigned, so I would think there’s still more to come from this band beyond the dates they’ve already announced.

Hope so too, since the tour next month has been changed to a "spring" tour now. Hoping the fall will see some northern dates.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,353
    edited March 30
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a-perfect-circle-signs-worldwide-deal-with-bmg-announces-new-album/

No new album before the tour, but they do hope to have some new material to play live.

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @WobbiePosts: 7,236
    Saw them last night. The finish on one of the new songs. These guys are amazing to see live and the visuals were done top notch as always. Maynard sounds amazing. If they are coming near you I would give it a must see, much like Tool. Not quite Tool, but a good substitute.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 17,410
    Rock and roll at the Hollywood Bowl!

We ARE going, dammit.

And we got a good dose of listening/watching last night.

Vicarious =)
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,178
    APC ROCKED CO last night! Maynard sounded great and top notch production. A must see if they come anywhere in your neck of the woods.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 686
    Seeing them Saturday night in Tulsa
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA Posts: 531
    Seeing them tonight in KC!
    Also noticed they recently added a second new song into the setlist.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,353
    Great to read these positive reviews. Not that I expected anything else, APC was great every time I've seen them.

I'm particularly happy to see the reports of Maynard sounding good. I had an interesting conversation w/ someone on Reddit who suggested Maynard has found a better way to sing over the last couple of years, and that he's sounding stronger than he did in the '06-'12 years.

The last 2 times I've seen Tool ('12 & '15) he did seem to sound better then the two prior times, but in light of this conversation I'll be paying much better attention next month when I see Tool.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 17,410
    We shall be first row at the Bowl - I checked out the last show's setlist and fucking swooned. My husband prefers to be in the dark on this...which I completely respect.

He told me to expect him to be standing the whole time. I told him I'll probably be digging it as I am with this right now (sitting back with a huge fucking smile on my face).

So yeah...we be whetting our whistles this evening :)
    Great show last night in KC! Maynard really does sound good right now. Also a great poster last night too!
    And for anyone wondering, posters were $50 and they had free tubes. Autographed posters were $150.
  • MINEisMINEMINEisMINE Posts: 6
    Man, would I love to see these guys again. Saw them once years ago. They opened up for NiN to this day one of my favorite shows!
13»