Options

Ohio State attack

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
edited November 2016 in A Moving Train
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohio-state-university-active-shooter/index.html

Not surprised it hasn't been mentioned but a good guy with a gun stopped a mass assault today.

Must have been another one of those "peaceful" somali muslims again.

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited November 2016
    Yeah the police tend to do their jobs.

And it actually was mentioned...in the gun violence thread. The thread that you commented on today.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

And it actually was mentioned...in the gun violence thread. The thread that you commented on today.

Thanks, since it wasn't gun violence I never expected to find it in a gun violence thread.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Reports are that a fire alarm was pulled and he tried to run people over as the exited but he lost control and wrecked.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    unsung said:

Thanks, since it wasn't gun violence I never expected to find it in a gun violence thread.
    the link you quoted says "active shooter" in it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohio-state-university-active-shooter/index.html

Not surprised it hasn't been mentioned but a good guy with a gun stopped a mass assault today.

OR a cop with a gun...
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Another black man summarily executed by an officer of the law. Judge and Jury be damned.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    unsung said:

so you're saying that 10.8 million somalis are all violent? that's intelligent.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

unsung said:

the link you quoted says "active shooter" in it.
    Well, it's CNN....
  • Options
    unsung said:

What a peaceful Somalian-American might look like:
    Halima Aden Becomes First Miss Minnesota Contestant To Compete In Hijab And Burkini
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,632
    unsung said:

Imagine the damage he would've done if he used a gun.
  • Options

unsung said:

Imagine the damage he would've done if he used a gun.
    he could have been the hero to his own villain!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

What a peaceful Somalian-American might look like:
    Halima Aden Becomes First Miss Minnesota Contestant To Compete In Hijab And Burkini
    How is she going to do the bikini contest?

Or is that it?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Another black man summarily executed by an officer of the law. Judge and Jury be damned.

Seriously? That's your take on what happened?
  • Options

CM189191 said:

In other news...
    Dylann Roof to Represent Himself at Trial in Charleston Church Shootings
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

In other news...
    Dylann Roof to Represent Himself at Trial in Charleston Church Shootings
    I'm well aware that this kid wants to defend himself. I don't know why you're changing the subject.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

So?

What were you hoping for? Them to plea with him to calm down... take him for a coffee... maybe massage his shoulders for a while?

F**king useless prick is dead. Good.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

CM189191 said:

So?

What were you hoping for? Them to plea with him to calm down... take him for a coffee... maybe massage his shoulders for a while?

F**king useless prick is dead. Good.
    You enjoy living in a militarized police state? Because it's gonna get worse.

I am suggesting if he were white he'd likely still be alive. I guess that's closer to an apartheid state.
  • Options
    Okay, so I should probably sleep on this before I write, but what the hell.

My initial reaction to this news is utter shock and horror for the victims and the terror spread. It happened only just over an hour away from me. No wonder its been raining all day with dark skies, and it feels like someone killed Santa. I feel for my fellow Ohioans. I don't like to see people suffer. I even cheered them on against Michigan this past Saturday and that's the first college football game I've watched in years.

But, on a side note, karma is a bitch. If you had to drive past as many Trump signs as I have in the past year.....just sayin'. My heart goes out to em', but what goes around comes around. I think I'll just bite my tongue on this subject for now. I've already said too much, me thinks.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

My initial reaction to this news is utter shock and horror for the victims and the terror spread. It happened only just over an hour away from me. No wonder its been raining all day with dark skies, and it feels like someone killed Santa. I feel for my fellow Ohioans. I don't like to see people suffer. I even cheered them on against Michigan this past Saturday and that's the first college football game I've watched in years.

But, on a side note, karma is a bitch. If you had to drive past as many Trump signs as I have in the past year.....just sayin'. My heart goes out to em', but what goes around comes around. I think I'll just bite my tongue on this subject for now. I've already said too much, me thinks.

What a horrible thing to say. You're right, you should have slept on it.
  • Options

Not sure what your reference to karma is a bitch is about.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    This will probably draw lots of nay-sayers, but I'll throw out there the possibility that this is related to an episode of psychosis. He is exactly the right age for a psychotic break, this is an odd sort of attack if it is primarily terror-related, and he isn't reported to have posted anything before hand or said anything during the attack.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

This will probably draw lots of nay-sayers, but I'll throw out there the possibility that this is related to an episode of psychosis. He is exactly the right age for a psychotic break, this is an odd sort of attack if it is primarily terror-related, and he isn't reported to have posted anything before hand or said anything during the attack.

If the guy was white, that would already be the conclusion.
  • Options

That is bad.
  • Options

Not sure what your reference to karma is a bitch is about.
    I hope it isn't that there are so many Trump supporters that deserved attack.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

From The Daily Beast:

"NBC News's Pete Williams reported on-air that Artan made a Facebook post lamenting the treatment of Muslims worldwide just before the attack on Monday morning. "I am sick and tired of seeing [Muslims] killed & tortured EVERYWHERE. ... I can’t take it anymore," the posting read, according to ABC News. "America! Stop interfering with other countries ... [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying [out] lone wolf attacks."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Well he has a point, it is called blowback. I wish the US would close every single base across the globe, stop all foreign aid, then let them solve their own problems.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Well he has a point, it is called blowback. I wish the US would close every single base across the globe, stop all foreign aid, then let them solve their own problems.

This is how you end up with refugees.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    jeffbr said:

From The Daily Beast:

"NBC News's Pete Williams reported on-air that Artan made a Facebook post lamenting the treatment of Muslims worldwide just before the attack on Monday morning. "I am sick and tired of seeing [Muslims] killed & tortured EVERYWHERE. ... I can’t take it anymore," the posting read, according to ABC News. "America! Stop interfering with other countries ... [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying [out] lone wolf attacks."
    Okay. I had just done a quick search and the sources I looked at said nothing was posted.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

We end up with refugees anyway. Including the guy who is the topic of this thread.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

We end up with refugees anyway. Including the guy who is the topic of this thread.
    Saying "anyway" suggests the alternative presented has been tried so you can compare the two outcomes. I don't think the alternative has been tried.