Options

deleted

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    MG79478 said:

vaggar99 said:

You can insult me. That's cool. This is why we are where we are. Entitlement will be squashed.

The fact that you took my attempt to help you as an insult should tell you something. As for the rest of your post, I'm ignoring it because quite frankly it's an emotional over reaction that is WAY out in left field.

I see you did avoid replying about how deeply flawed Hillary was. That's cool.
    okay...she's not not perfect, but she's not sick in the head. I went back and read your original post again. You said the US ISNT a democracy. What did you mean by that?
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    What the hell is the band supposed to do. What a ridiculous request
  • Options
    ^^say something. that's all i ask
  • Options
    ^^^
    You're getting creepy man.
    You sound like that weird fan who yells I love you Eddie.

• Options
    ^^desperate times my friend
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

That made me laugh.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

MG79478 said:

vaggar99 said:

You can insult me. That's cool. This is why we are where we are. Entitlement will be squashed.

The fact that you took my attempt to help you as an insult should tell you something. As for the rest of your post, I'm ignoring it because quite frankly it's an emotional over reaction that is WAY out in left field.

I see you did avoid replying about how deeply flawed Hillary was. That's cool.
    okay...she's not not perfect, but she's not sick in the head. I went back and read your original post again. You said the US ISNT a democracy. What did you mean by that?
    We'll have to agree to disagree about Hillary.

The US is a representative republic, which is different from a democracy. I'll let you research the difference. Appreciate your willingness to learn.
    Post edited by MG79478 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,630
    Some people like to chime in when someone says the US is a democracy and give a patronizing clarification that we're actually a republic. Guess what, we know that already. Tweet the civics lessons to trump.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    After Trump's plan to scrap climate science from NASA? Hello, Stone? This is devastating news.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    I have a plea to the band thats right in their wheelhouse.

What say you guys head back into the studio and do what you do best?
    make some killer music.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    now that EV is hangin with baseball players and NASCAR, it seems he's moved a bit to the right. not expecting much in the way of a protest album like Avocado. maybe something a little more Nugent sounding?
  • Options
    Ha! What does any of that have to do with anything? Johnny Ramone was like a father to Ed and he was a die hard Republican.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,630
    vaggar99 said:

now that EV is hangin with baseball players and NASCAR, it seems he's moved a bit to the right. not expecting much in the way of a protest album like Avocado. maybe something a little more Nugent sounding?

You can still post like crazy without trolling. Moved to the right? You're funny.
  • Options

Ha! What does any of that have to do with anything? Johnny Ramone was like a father to Ed and he was a die hard Republican.

well, that explains it then! It's all Johnny's fault
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/green-day-radiohead-karen-o-join-standing-rock-protest-w453159

Kate Nash Enlists Green Day, Radiohead, More for Standing Rock Protest

British musician pens open letter to Obama also signed by Brian May, Karen O, Sia, Duff McKagan
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    if PJ did a whole album that sounds like this, I'd be in feel good pre-liberal heaven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uh8XjgLTE

Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited December 2016

This little tibbit is dragged out ALLLLLLL the time for all occasions. When will people realize that Eddie's old friendship with someone who died years ago and happened to be a Republican (fiscally, not socially) is totally irrelevant to everything?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Their political beliefs are their own. I don't see why they should have to speak out. I also don't see how their beliefs should influence any one of us. Just my $0.02.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    mfc2006 said:

Their political beliefs are their own. I don't see why they should have to speak out. I also don't see how their beliefs should influence any one of us. Just my $0.02.

Not that I really care about this personally, but I don't think anyone thinks PJ's beliefs should influence their own. I think the point is that some people feel like PJ's beliefs ALIGN with their own, and they would therefore like to see PJ speak out about it. They feel if PJ did, it would support something they already believe in.
    I know that IF Pearl Jam has political belief or cause that I also find important (which happens often), I would be happy if PJ were to make an issue of it. It has nothing to do with PJ informing my own beliefs or opinions. It's about liking to have a publicly-known and outspoken ally, in the hopes that such voices do indeed influence others one way or another (i.e. learn more about the issue, discover that they care about it, etc). I see nothing wrong with hoping that a politically outspoken band will speak out about something.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    mfc2006 said:

Agreed. And we shouldn't assume their political beliefs are in lockstep with one another. They are five individuals. Six if you count Boom. Lots of room on every issue for disagreement.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:

This little tibbit is dragged out ALLLLLLL the time for all occasions. When will people realize that Eddie's old friendship with someone who died years ago and happened to be a Republican (fiscally, not socially) is totally irrelevant to everything?
    it points out the ridiculous claim by some on the right on here that Ed (or any intelligent human, for that matter) only surrounds themselves with those of the same political leanings. it's preposterous.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

it points out the ridiculous claim by some on the right on here that Ed (or any intelligent human, for that matter) only surrounds themselves with those of the same political leanings. it's preposterous.
    It points out shit all actually. All it points out is that Eddie had this one friend who voted Republican over a decade ago. It has absolutely NO relation to today. I.e. a Trump supporter is not at all comparable to a Republican a decade ago.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

It points out shit all actually. All it points out is that Eddie had this one friend who voted Republican over a decade ago. It has absolutely NO relation to today. I.e. a Trump supporter is not at all comparable to a Republican a decade ago.
    well mleh. :tongue:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

did you not happen to notice the ridiculousness of a comment that it was in response to? take it for what it is.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Soul, the intent of my comment about Johnny was to match the ridiculousness of the original statement that said Ed has moved to the right because of associations with baseball and NASCAR.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

did you not happen to notice the ridiculousness of a comment that it was in response to? take it for what it is.
    It is ridiculous. Thanks for pointing that out. The Damn Yankees song, however, is not.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    vaggar99 said:

I know there is another category for political talk, but the Porch by far is the most active one and I feel this issue is important enough to make an exception.

I am deeply troubled by what's happening in the US. Racism, misogyny, homophobia and xenophobia are now normalized. We have let a fringe group of white supremacists steal our democracy.

I am asking the band for you help. Please say something.

they say plenty. just listen.

they are a band. they speak through their songs. don't respond to me. listen to the band
  • Options
    ^^^
    insert that giff of the people in the boat,
    that was funny shit
  • Options
    ^^^i love that gif...its so poetic. can you please repost it?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

j1kotwic said:

Racism, misogyny, homophobia, and xenophobia are now normalized? As if before the election all of those things were unacceptable but now it's okay because we will soon have a president Trump? Who declared this to be the truth? White supremacist stole our democracy? What percentage of the 62 million people who voted for Trump are White Supremacists? I can't believe there are so many people saying things like this.

I do respect your opinion on this but I just think you have taken this way too far. I mean what a collasal leap to say those things.

It was an awful election with two candidates no one liked or agreed with on every issue. You just need to come to terms with the fact that half of the country disagreed with you and thought Trump was a better option than Hillary... despite his many flaws. This doesn't mean that half of the country are racist, homophobics...etc.

We have a white nationalist as trump's right hand man and people just decided that an admitted sex offender would make a good president. This is all normalized. We on the left are still trying to get out brains around it.
    Where is the proof he is a white nationalist? Where are the charges against Trump for being a sex offender. He admitted it to you?

Lol Bannon racist Bafoon groping president ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....