Options

What's the objective of the rioters?

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
What is the goal? To spread human waste? This type of person can't be negotiated with.

http://pamelageller.com/2016/11/democrat-defecates-public-on-trump-sign.html/

Comments

• Options
    Neanderthals poop in public.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    To whine and complain that they didn't get there way. (Hillary voter chiming in)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Anarchists.
    There is no point.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    Why don't you go ask one? And then another.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited November 2016
    Protesters have a legitimate reason to Voice whatever they want to. It is when they become violent or loiter or start fires is when they lose all credibility. But, at the same time, they are certainly getting their message across. Because without the big deal, the mainstream news would never cover that.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:

Anarchists.
    There is no point.

They aren't anarchists.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Free said:

Protesters have a legitimate reason to Voice whatever they want to. It is when they become violent or loiter or start fires is when they lose all credibility. But, at the same time, they are certainly getting their message across. Because without the big deal, the mainstream news would never cover that.

What message? That they don't want Trump?
    It's as if all the social media libs and their hate have all descended on the outside world.
    Look at this place there are only a few left who voice their displeasure about President-elect Trump in a civilized way. The rest are gone.
  • Options

Free said:

What message? That they don't want Trump?
    It's as if all the social media libs and their hate have all descended on the outside world.
    Look at this place there are only a few left who voice their displeasure about President-elect Trump in a civilized way. The rest are gone.
    The number of people actually doing damage is very small relative to the overall numbers. So the better question is why do so many want to gather and protest peacefully?
  • Options
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

Anarchists.
    There is no point.

They aren't anarchists.
    If it's the Portland riots they are.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

Anarchists.
    There is no point.

They aren't anarchists.
    No they aren't. They are nothing but spoiled crybaby social justice warriors that are funded by Soros.

Anarchists don't vote.
  • Options
    Funded by soros? Stretch much?
  • Options
    You should read a little.
  • Options
    unsung said:

You should have some contact with the people
    doing the property damage in Oregon.
  • Options

unsung said:

I don't associate with terrorists.
  • Options
    No, anarchists don't vote.
    They just show up at every protest in the NW and fuck shit up.
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

Anarchists.
    There is no point.

They aren't anarchists.
    No they aren't. They are nothing but spoiled crybaby social justice warriors that are funded by Soros.

Anarchists don't vote.
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

Anarchists.
    There is no point.

They aren't anarchists.

Anarchists don't vote.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:

What is the goal? To spread human waste? This type of person can't be negotiated with.

Taking a shit on a sign equals rioting nowadays? lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

unsung said:

No, it just lends to further aggression from these Neanderthals.
    Not sure what household they were brought up in but it usually is not a rule to enforce to children they are not to defecate on public property when angry.
    Animals.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

So breaking windows is now terrorism? Good to know.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

I saw quite a bit of coverage today of a protest (Philadelphia? - can't remember at the moment) that was totally peaceful. Then here, we had some folks who felt throwing rocks and other shit at the police and spray-painting cars was a fine way to go. I understand and support the voices, but to act like an asshole in the process?

Nope.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

Well peacefully occupying a building in the middle of nowhere was so yeah.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Armed occupation of a federal building isn't really the same as breaking windows.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    my2hands said:

unsung said:

I wonder if they ever caught this guy.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/243237/the-bowel-movement-bandit#latest

Maybe they are related?
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

It's funny how you condone the threat of force against the government but not from the government.
    I guess the Bundys have ideas so good they can only be enacted with force.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    To riot and be shit disturbers, they didn't get there way ... how many stayed home on election night because the pollsters said it was in the bag for Clinton...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    edited November 2016
    good article on the protesters:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/trump-protests-key-demands/index.html
    (CNN)Demonstrations against President-elect Donald Trump are erupting across the United States.

From New York to Atlanta to San Diego, thousands of people have taken to the streets.
    The protests have been largely peaceful, but some have turned violent. In Portland, Oregon, police described one as a riot after vandals threw objects at officers and damaged cars.
    Protesters are raising a range of concerns as they take to the streets. But they seem to be standing together on several key points.
    Here are five things they're pushing for:
    1. 'Dump Trump'
    Many demonstrators have used "Dump Trump" as a rallying cry.
    What does that mean exactly? It's a slogan that first gained traction as some Republicans pushed for the party to cut ties with Trump. But now that the election results are in, it's taking on a different meaning.
    For some, it's a catchy way to sum up their rage about the President-elect. But others are taking things a step further, signing an online petition and writing letters to members of the Electoral College, asking them not to vote the way their states did at the polls.
    Could that happen? The Internet rumor debunking website Snopes.com describes the prospect as "extremely, extremely unlikely," noting that it would be "wholly unprecedented in American history and would require a sudden and drastic change in the United States' political traditions."
    The Electoral College itself has also become a focus for some protesters, since Clinton won the popular vote but lost the election.

2. Build bridges, not walls
    Trump made immigration a focal point of his campaign, and it's a key issue for many protesters who are against Trump's vows to deport undocumented immigrants.
    "I'm out here for my undocumented friends," protester Spencer Smith, 19, told CNN in Atlanta.
    At protests in Miami, demonstrators held signs that said, "build bridges, not walls," taking aim at Trump's oft-touted plan to build a wall along the US-Mexico border.
    Is there any chance the wall plan could come off the table? Don't hold your breath, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, one of Trump's advisers on immigration, told CNN affiliate KWCH this week.
    "There's no question the wall is going to get built," Kobach said. "The only question is how quickly will it get done and who pays for it?"
    Whether or not Trump heeds protesters' calls, building a wall along the border may be harder than it sounds.

3. Making a statement
    Some protesters say they know Trump will take the reins January 20, but they want to make it clear that they're not happy about the election results -- and they're not going to be quiet about it.
    Protesters in Iowa this week had two main goals, said Rachel Walerstein, a Ph.D. student at the University of Iowa. First, they wanted to let people know that rhetoric-fueled violence against people of color, immigrants and LGBT people won't stand, she said.
    "The second is to make a statement of political instability to render it difficult to govern, and in particular, to make it impossible for Trump to implement his policies in the first 100 days," she said. "For me, it's important to make these statements known and visible."

"It's mostly to raise awareness," said Dalina Aimée Perdomo, who also joined protests in Iowa City this week and said she felt angry and disappointed that her state had gone with conservative choices at the polls. "We gathered to share how we felt and how our families felt."
    Trump has slammed protesters as "paid professionals," but later praised their passion on Twitter.

4. Trump should denounce the divisive things he's said
    "He needs to really address all the divisive, hateful things he's said in the past and recant them, denounce them," protester Nick Truesdale told CNN in New York on Friday.
    Trump told The Wall Street Journal this week that he doesn't think his rhetoric on the campaign trail went too far. But he also said he wanted people to come together, according to the newspaper.
    "I want a country that loves each other," he told the Journal this week. "I want to stress that."
    Others have called for Trump to denounce an upcoming KKK parade scheduled to celebrate his victory in North Carolina.
    Trump himself hasn't spoken out publicly about the event, but the North Carolina Republican Party condemned it.

5. 'Not my president'
    Across the country, protesters have been waving signs that say "not my president."
    Organizers of a protest in Atlanta said their message is simple. "We do not respect the fact that Trump is president of the United States," they wrote on Facebook.
    "No to Trump and no to any future leaders who prey on our fear and lie to us plainly, be they dressed as friends or foes. No to a president that wants to ban all Muslims. No to a president who calls Mexicans rapists," the Facebook invite for an Atlanta protest says. "No to rape culture. No to a president that not so subtly romanticizes white supremacy and mourns its loss though we all know it has been alive and well. No to leaders who propagate the destruction of our environment."
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Trump needs to speak directly to the fact that violence is happening towards minorities in his name. Repeatedly for weeks he needs to do this. Of course he has the emotional maturity of a spoiled 13 year old, so it's unlikely. #lowexpectations
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

Trump needs to speak directly to the fact that violence is happening towards minorities in his name. Repeatedly for weeks he needs to do this. Of course he has the emotional maturity of a spoiled 13 year old, so it's unlikely. #lowexpectations

Do you have some links to the violence?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    So until he does the violent protests by these putrid animals should be allowed?
    It seems these radical left extremists are being, well, radical.
    These protests will do nothing, the media is doing a terrible job of getting their message out.
    Violent protesting people should enroll in the military and find out what that really means.

• Options
    They just better hope they don't attack me or my family.