Options

What's the objective of the rioters?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Can someone summarize all these riots the alt-righties keep talking about? Google is only showing me the one in Portland and I don't have enough data to dig around.
    Surely the alt-right wouldn't exaggerate or make things up.

It is only going on in Portland.
    Yeah, no it's not.

I am not an "alt-righty", but this did happen here. And, some felt the best way to get their point across was to spray-paint police and civilian cars during these protests.

Maybe not a full-on riot but still pretty fucked up. These past few months have brought out the worst in some people...fucking idiots in my mind.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-lapd-officers-pistol-stolen-trump-protest-20161111-story.html
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

the protesters are idiots. you live in a democracy and you lost. yea it sucks a scumbag is now the President-Elect but no matter how much chanting he is your President Elect. get over it. sometimes in Democracy your guy (or girl) loses.

It does suck but why can't they exercise their first amendment rights?
    i didn't say they couldn't exercise their rights, they can all they want, but it's utterly pointless. and it's now what 5 straight days of protesting? ok we get it, you don't like the President-elect. your chance to not have that happen has passed. it's not going to change the outcome so if you are that against him put your efforts into making positive change in other ways.
    Maybe if more participation trophies had been handed out...
    i wonder how many of these protesters actually voted that's the first things that comes to my mind

Probably higher rate than the national average.
    More than 1/2 of the Oregon protesters/rioters who were arrested didn't vote (either weren't registered, or didn't turn in ballots): http://www.king5.com/news/local/more-than-half-of-arrested-anti-trump-protesters-didnt-vote/352135876
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,662
    jeffbr said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

the protesters are idiots. you live in a democracy and you lost. yea it sucks a scumbag is now the President-Elect but no matter how much chanting he is your President Elect. get over it. sometimes in Democracy your guy (or girl) loses.

i didn't say they couldn't exercise their rights, they can all they want, but it's utterly pointless. and it's now what 5 straight days of protesting? ok we get it, you don't like the President-elect. your chance to not have that happen has passed. it's not going to change the outcome so if you are that against him put your efforts into making positive change in other ways.
    i wonder how many of these protesters actually voted that's the first things that comes to my mind

More than 1/2 of the Oregon protesters/rioters who were arrested didn't vote (either weren't registered, or didn't turn in ballots): http://www.king5.com/news/local/more-than-half-of-arrested-anti-trump-protesters-didnt-vote/352135876
    That's what I would figure. The original statement was about the protesters, not the ones rioting. These are different groups using the same space.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

jeffbr said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

That's what I would figure. The original statement was about the protesters, not the ones rioting. These are different groups using the same space.
    Yup. Just providing a data point. It's the only one I've seen so far. I would suspect that the protesters voted in higher than average numbers, and rioters in lower than average numbers. I don't think we'll ever see good numbers, because the only reason we have this one data point is that it was based off of names of arrested people. In general protesters aren't getting arrested. Some protesters probably get caught up in the mob mentality, and become rioters. The actual protesters won't show up on any lists which could be cross referenced with voter records.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

Exactly, maybe they are upset that they didn't get a "I Voted" sticker
    So productive.
    As are these "protesters" that are acting like spoiled brats that didn't get a trophy. They must just be exercising their white privilege by rioting several days straight and not having to go to work or school the next morning. Productive members of society obviously.
    Try not to perpetuate the intergenerational divide with this crap. It's one way Sanders lost and how we got trump.
    When have I ever come across as a fan of Bernie Sanders? Your white privilege must have lead you to believe that.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    As are these "protesters" that are acting like spoiled brats that didn't get a trophy. They must just be exercising their white privilege by rioting several days straight and not having to go to work or school the next morning. Productive members of society obviously.
    Try not to perpetuate the intergenerational divide with this crap. It's one way Sanders lost and how we got trump.
    When have I ever come across as a fan of Bernie Sanders? Your white privilege must have lead you to believe that.
    We get it, you hate lefties, geez louise!
    Invoking white privilege as a mockery to those you disagree with is juvenile.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Lots of juvenile mockery going on these days, eh?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    I don't know if you're a Sanders fan. My point is conservatives criticized his policies with crap about kids wanting free stuff, thinking they'd have a republican candidate that can function like an adult. They know in 4 years we'll have Sanders on roids now.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Less every day.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Less every day.
    Let the bodies hit the floor!
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    I don't know if you're a Sanders fan. My point is conservatives criticized his policies with crap about kids wanting free stuff, thinking they'd have a republican candidate that can function like an adult. They know in 4 years we'll have Sanders on roids now.
    Republican "President". Sanders on roids, lol, that's golden! Sanders didn't lose because of the republicans. Sanders lost because of Hillary and the state of the Democratic Party. Hillary lost because of republicans and the state of the Democratic Party.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Stereotyping groups of protestors is never a good idea. Maybe they can't afford college our maybe they can't find a job. Believe it or not those people do live in America.
    You're right, I shouldn't lump all of them into the same categories. There is probably a good mix of diverse unproductive individuals in that group. These "protests" in general are pretty unproductive in that productive people disregard them as a bunch of crybabies. Funny how looting and rioting have become a staple of "progressive protests".
    So, many Trump supporters said from the get go that if he lost they would do the same thing. Are they also losers in your mind, or woukd they be taking their government and how it is elected to task, possibly promoting change?

The vast majority of the protests are non violent. There will always be idiots that join just for the looting. It wouldn't matter if it was Shaolin monks, someone would be throwing a tv through a window. Why are you only focusing on the fringe? This is the very thing you criticized when people called all trump supporters racists and misogynysts. Why are all of your stances one way streets?

And all protesters are do nothing unproductives? Really? You do realize not everyone works 9-5, right?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Republican "President". Sanders on roids, lol, that's golden! Sanders didn't lose because of the republicans. Sanders lost because of Hillary and the state of the Democratic Party. Hillary lost because of republicans and the state of the Democratic Party.
    Maybe I wasn't clear in my post. The next dem pres in four years will be Sander-like. Republicans who thought trump wouldn't get the nom had their criticisms of Sanders carry over into a pro-trump argument. Pro trumpers used that argument to criticize the younger generation.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Stereotyping groups of protestors is never a good idea. Maybe they can't afford college our maybe they can't find a job. Believe it or not those people do live in America.
    You're right, I shouldn't lump all of them into the same categories. There is probably a good mix of diverse unproductive individuals in that group. These "protests" in general are pretty unproductive in that productive people disregard them as a bunch of crybabies. Funny how looting and rioting have become a staple of "progressive protests".
    So, many Trump supporters said from the get go that if he lost they would do the same thing. Are they also losers in your mind, or woukd they be taking their government and how it is elected to task, possibly promoting change?

The vast majority of the protests are non violent. There will always be idiots that join just for the looting. It wouldn't matter if it was Shaolin monks, someone would be throwing a tv through a window. Why are you only focusing on the fringe? This is the very thing you criticized when people called all trump supporters racists and misogynysts. Why are all of your stances one way streets?

And all protesters are do nothing unproductives? Really? You do realize not everyone works 9-5, right?

You are absolutely right. Most of those people are probably great people with great ideas, just like the ones that voted for Trump. The rioters and people breaking car windows are unproductive asshats that are only succeeding in solidifying the perceptions that many have against the protesters as a whole. They are no better than the people on the right that usually make the news feeds.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

http://rol.st/2fCWx7p

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

You are absolutely right. Most of those people are probably great people with great ideas, just like the ones that voted for Trump. The rioters and people breaking car windows are unproductive asshats that are only succeeding in solidifying the perceptions that many have against the protesters as a whole. They are no better than the people on the right that usually make the news feeds.
    Trump voters have great ideas? Like what?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

Like how to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House? I'm sure there are many more, but you turn everything into a white privilege conversation and I don't want to derail from the conversation about the white privileged rioters.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

"Cannot open page"...maybe later
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

Like how to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House? I'm sure there are many more, but you turn everything into a white privilege conversation and I don't want to derail from the conversation about the white privileged rioters.
    I figured it would be too much of a stretch for you to come up with a great trump voter idea.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

I figured it would be too much of a stretch for you to come up with a great trump voter idea.
    Lol, are you saying that no Trump voters have good ideas? That's nieve, just like me saying that all Clinton voters are jobless freeloaders. I know you are being facetious, as have I been several times today...blame white privilege I guess.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

Lol, are you saying that no Trump voters have good ideas? That's nieve, just like me saying that all Clinton voters are jobless freeloaders. I know you are being facetious, as have I been several times today...blame white privilege I guess.
    Sounds like somebody needs a safe space!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

Sounds like somebody needs a safe space!
    I found it, it is at community.pearljam.com Everyone there are harmless.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/why-anti-trump-protests-matter-w450561
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/why-anti-trump-protests-matter-w450561
    Does one not have the right to counter protest the protesters in a non-violent way? As you said earlier, it is not a one way street. There are plenty that believe abortion is morally wrong, that the 2nd Amendment is important, etc, etc. Yet, they get called bigot racists because they voted for the anti-Hillary.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

No. i said to identify one.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

No. i said to identify one.
    A coworker that voted for Trump said I should really try this new BBQ joint in town...GREAT IDEA!!! National concealed carry reciprocity, Hearing Protection Act. Of course anything I mention is relative to our opinions on the matter...so where are you trying to go with this?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    hedonist said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Can someone summarize all these riots the alt-righties keep talking about? Google is only showing me the one in Portland and I don't have enough data to dig around.
    Surely the alt-right wouldn't exaggerate or make things up.

It is only going on in Portland.
    Yeah, no it's not.

I am not an "alt-righty", but this did happen here. And, some felt the best way to get their point across was to spray-paint police and civilian cars during these protests.

Maybe not a full-on riot but still pretty fucked up. These past few months have brought out the worst in some people...fucking idiots in my mind.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-lapd-officers-pistol-stolen-trump-protest-20161111-story.html
    The RIOTS are only in Portland. That link you supplied, that is not a riot.
  • Options
    https://thefederalist.com/2016/11/14/hasnt-hillary-clinton-called-end-violent-anti-trump-riots/

Why Hasn’t Hillary Clinton Denounced The Violent Anti-Trump Riots?

Media badgered Donald Trump for days to denounce the violent rioters. Why haven't they demanded the same of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,606
    Free said:

https://thefederalist.com/2016/11/14/hasnt-hillary-clinton-called-end-violent-anti-trump-riots/

Media badgered Donald Trump for days to denounce the violent rioters. Why haven't they demanded the same of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?

1) Who cares?
    2) Why should anyone demand anything from her now?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

1) Who cares?
    2) Why should anyone demand anything from her now?
    ...Obama?