What's the objective of the rioters?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited November 2016
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

https://thefederalist.com/2016/11/14/hasnt-hillary-clinton-called-end-violent-anti-trump-riots/

Why Hasn’t Hillary Clinton Denounced The Violent Anti-Trump Riots?

Media badgered Donald Trump for days to denounce the violent rioters. Why haven't they demanded the same of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?

1) Who cares?
    2) Why should anyone demand anything from her now?
    ...Obama?
    I didn't see that tacked to the end. I don't see why you have the two in the same thought.
    As for as he goes.... he probably doesn't say anything because he understands that the protests are completely justified, and doesn't want people to think he's asking them to shut it down just because he speaks against violence? Or maybe he is too focused on the fact that white supremacists are apparently taking over Washington and he needs a little time to wrap his head around it. I don't know. At this point I don't even see the point. Things fall apart now or two months from now.... whatever. I dan't even bring myself to give a shit at this point TBH. I'm too disgusted. Fuck 'em all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,663
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

the protesters are idiots. you live in a democracy and you lost. yea it sucks a scumbag is now the President-Elect but no matter how much chanting he is your President Elect. get over it. sometimes in Democracy your guy (or girl) loses.

It does suck but why can't they exercise their first amendment rights?
    i didn't say they couldn't exercise their rights, they can all they want, but it's utterly pointless. and it's now what 5 straight days of protesting? ok we get it, you don't like the President-elect. your chance to not have that happen has passed. it's not going to change the outcome so if you are that against him put your efforts into making positive change in other ways.
    Maybe if more participation trophies had been handed out...
    i wonder how many of these protesters actually voted that's the first things that comes to my mind

Exactly, maybe they are upset that they didn't get a "I Voted" sticker
    So productive.
    As are these "protesters" that are acting like spoiled brats that didn't get a trophy. They must just be exercising their white privilege by rioting several days straight and not having to go to work or school the next morning. Productive members of society obviously.
    Stereotyping groups of protestors is never a good idea. Maybe they can't afford college our maybe they can't find a job. Believe it or not those people do live in America.
    You're right, I shouldn't lump all of them into the same categories. There is probably a good mix of diverse unproductive individuals in that group. These "protests" in general are pretty unproductive in that productive people disregard them as a bunch of crybabies. Funny how looting and rioting have become a staple of "progressive protests".
    So, many Trump supporters said from the get go that if he lost they would do the same thing. Are they also losers in your mind, or woukd they be taking their government and how it is elected to task, possibly promoting change?

The vast majority of the protests are non violent. There will always be idiots that join just for the looting. It wouldn't matter if it was Shaolin monks, someone would be throwing a tv through a window. Why are you only focusing on the fringe? This is the very thing you criticized when people called all trump supporters racists and misogynysts. Why are all of your stances one way streets?

And all protesters are do nothing unproductives? Really? You do realize not everyone works 9-5, right?

You are absolutely right. Most of those people are probably great people with great ideas, just like the ones that voted for Trump. The rioters and people breaking car windows are unproductive asshats that are only succeeding in solidifying the perceptions that many have against the protesters as a whole. They are no better than the people on the right that usually make the news feeds.
    Trump voters have great ideas? Like what?
    Like how to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House? I'm sure there are many more, but you turn everything into a white privilege conversation and I don't want to derail from the conversation about the white privileged rioters.
    I figured it would be too much of a stretch for you to come up with a great trump voter idea.
    Lol, are you saying that no Trump voters have good ideas? That's nieve, just like me saying that all Clinton voters are jobless freeloaders. I know you are being facetious, as have I been several times today...blame white privilege I guess.
    No. i said to identify one.
    A coworker that voted for Trump said I should really try this new BBQ joint in town...GREAT IDEA!!! National concealed carry reciprocity, Hearing Protection Act. Of course anything I mention is relative to our opinions on the matter...so where are you trying to go with this?
    Two parts, one to know what they think is a great idea, and two to see how trump manipulated his voters. In this case, play to the righty base by saying adding freedoms is a federal issue (as you highlighted) and removing freedoms is a state issue (see trumps anti-abortion stance). They eat up this garbage and they can't see it.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

the protesters are idiots. you live in a democracy and you lost. yea it sucks a scumbag is now the President-Elect but no matter how much chanting he is your President Elect. get over it. sometimes in Democracy your guy (or girl) loses.

i didn't say they couldn't exercise their rights, they can all they want, but it's utterly pointless. and it's now what 5 straight days of protesting? ok we get it, you don't like the President-elect. your chance to not have that happen has passed. it's not going to change the outcome so if you are that against him put your efforts into making positive change in other ways.
    i wonder how many of these protesters actually voted that's the first things that comes to my mind

So productive.
    As are these "protesters" that are acting like spoiled brats that didn't get a trophy. They must just be exercising their white privilege by rioting several days straight and not having to go to work or school the next morning. Productive members of society obviously.
    Stereotyping groups of protestors is never a good idea. Maybe they can't afford college our maybe they can't find a job. Believe it or not those people do live in America.
    You're right, I shouldn't lump all of them into the same categories. There is probably a good mix of diverse unproductive individuals in that group. These "protests" in general are pretty unproductive in that productive people disregard them as a bunch of crybabies. Funny how looting and rioting have become a staple of "progressive protests".
    So, many Trump supporters said from the get go that if he lost they would do the same thing. Are they also losers in your mind, or woukd they be taking their government and how it is elected to task, possibly promoting change?

The vast majority of the protests are non violent. There will always be idiots that join just for the looting. It wouldn't matter if it was Shaolin monks, someone would be throwing a tv through a window. Why are you only focusing on the fringe? This is the very thing you criticized when people called all trump supporters racists and misogynysts. Why are all of your stances one way streets?

And all protesters are do nothing unproductives? Really? You do realize not everyone works 9-5, right?

You are absolutely right. Most of those people are probably great people with great ideas, just like the ones that voted for Trump. The rioters and people breaking car windows are unproductive asshats that are only succeeding in solidifying the perceptions that many have against the protesters as a whole. They are no better than the people on the right that usually make the news feeds.
    Like how to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House? I'm sure there are many more, but you turn everything into a white privilege conversation and I don't want to derail from the conversation about the white privileged rioters.
    I figured it would be too much of a stretch for you to come up with a great trump voter idea.
    Lol, are you saying that no Trump voters have good ideas? That's nieve, just like me saying that all Clinton voters are jobless freeloaders. I know you are being facetious, as have I been several times today...blame white privilege I guess.
    A coworker that voted for Trump said I should really try this new BBQ joint in town...GREAT IDEA!!! National concealed carry reciprocity, Hearing Protection Act. Of course anything I mention is relative to our opinions on the matter...so where are you trying to go with this?
    Two parts, one to know what they think is a great idea, and two to see how trump manipulated his voters. In this case, play to the righty base by saying adding freedoms is a federal issue (as you highlighted) and removing freedoms is a state issue (see trumps anti-abortion stance). They eat up this garbage and they can't see it.
    I fail to see how the democrats are any different. Where is all of that "Hope and Change"?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

I fail to see how the democrats are any different. Where is all of that "Hope and Change"?
    That's because you aren't opening your eyes. Or maybe I'm not. Can you give a parallel example to mine?
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

That's because you aren't opening your eyes. Or maybe I'm not. Can you give a parallel example to mine?
    Isn't there a thread about a certain pipeline around here? "Change you can believe in" results in Donald Trump being elected...and the dissolved Democratic Party.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

Isn't there a thread about a certain pipeline around here? "Change you can believe in" results in Donald Trump being elected...and the dissolved Democratic Party.
    Is that a way of saying you can't answer my question?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

https://thefederalist.com/2016/11/14/hasnt-hillary-clinton-called-end-violent-anti-trump-riots/

Why Hasn’t Hillary Clinton Denounced The Violent Anti-Trump Riots?

Media badgered Donald Trump for days to denounce the violent rioters. Why haven't they demanded the same of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?

1) Who cares?
    2) Why should anyone demand anything from her now?
    ...Obama?
    I didn't see that tacked to the end. I don't see why you have the two in the same thought.
    As for as he goes.... he probably doesn't say anything because he understands that the protests are completely justified, and doesn't want people to think he's asking them to shut it down just because he speaks against violence? Or maybe he is too focused on the fact that white supremacists are apparently taking over Washington and he needs a little time to wrap his head around it. I don't know. At this point I don't even see the point. Things fall apart now or two months from now.... whatever. I dan't even bring myself to give a shit at this point TBH. I'm too disgusted. Fuck 'em all.
    He certainly isn't focused on the Dakota Pipeline...
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.

Is that a way of saying you can't answer my question?
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/26/hillary-clinton-and-art-pandering/
    The dems are pretty known for pandering as well. If you think only the right panders to the base, you are delusional.
  • Options
    Do you have an example that follows the trump logic I outlined?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

http://rol.st/2fCWx7p

"Cannot open page"...maybe later
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/why-anti-trump-protests-matter-w450561
    Does one not have the right to counter protest the protesters in a non-violent way? As you said earlier, it is not a one way street. There are plenty that believe abortion is morally wrong, that the 2nd Amendment is important, etc, etc. Yet, they get called bigot racists because they voted for the anti-Hillary.
    I dont think anyone has ever called a pro lifer a bigot or racist.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

Does one not have the right to counter protest the protesters in a non-violent way? As you said earlier, it is not a one way street. There are plenty that believe abortion is morally wrong, that the 2nd Amendment is important, etc, etc. Yet, they get called bigot racists because they voted for the anti-Hillary.

I do. You support a bigot with that vote and you're colluding with that bigot.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Do you have an example that follows the trump logic I outlined?

About dems pandering to their base? That was pretty much your point, right? What are you trying to prove, that dems do not pander to the lesser educated of their base? Federal laws vs state laws?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

:neutral:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

That didn't take long, huh Hugh? Anyways, greater responsibilities call, have a wonderful day all!!!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

Have you asked an anti-abortion person their thought process around voting for trump? The ones I have support his immigration plan and anti-muslim stance, which are rooted in bigotry. They've made that crap okay in their mind so they can vote for someone who conned them into thinking he's anti-abortion.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

Have you asked an anti-abortion person their thought process around voting for trump? The ones I have support his immigration plan and anti-muslim stance, which are rooted in bigotry. They've made that crap okay in their mind so they can vote for someone who conned them into thinking he's anti-abortion.
    And I still think that Trump probably has a frequent customer punch card at his local abortion clinic (only kind of joking. just because I know that abortion clinics don't have loyalty programs). It just goes to show what a creep he is - he is willing to pretend to be anti-choice when it serves his purposes.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Read:

As a canadian, i only personally know a few eligible voters,both of which did Not vote for him.my wifes brother refuses to even talk about the election.

My emoji was in response to a joke that fell flat on my part.

I think you can be pro life and pro trump without being racist. Hillary supporters ignored her obvious crookedness and her supposed war mongering because they didnt want trump in office. Trump supporters ignored his obvious hate mongering because they didnt want hillary in office. It all depended on ehat you think will negatively impact the country more. I dont think trump supporters beleived that out of nowhere kids would be getting harassed in school more than they already were because if him. The jury is still out on that one for me. Is it happening more? Or is the media reporting it more in the wake of trumps election? And just like a few douchebag looters and rioters, most of the protestors are peaceful. Like trumps supporters, i imagine most of them are not racist, but hold conservative values AND beleive he will "drain the swamp".

Honest question: what is worse in the eyes of democrats, the possibilty that hillary would have continued the warring ways, sending thousands of americans or more, not to mention many more innocent civilians, to their deaths.....or racial tension?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    But when did trump become some peace loving hippy? The guys has no idea about international relations, wants to "bomb the shit out of isis", is aggressive interpersonally, doesn't repect veterans, wonders why no one has used nukes, and is surrounding himself with dimwits. But Clinton was apparently on some war rampage set to deploy thousands?
  • Options
    To Counter Trump, Women Are Mobilizing for Massive March on Washington

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/15/counter-trump-women-are-mobilizing-massive-march-washington
  • Options
    Why do Americans love protests so much after a milestone election?
    These current protests will do nothing.
    smh
  • Options
    edited November 2016

smh

You're such a joy... go stir shit in another forum for a change of pace, huh? :bee:

It's called Freedom of speech just like you have that freedom to stir the shit.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    There are few things I hate more than the criticism of passionate civil disobedience and protest.
    Thank goodness for all of those brave and passionate enough to do it when they see fit. All of our lives are better for it.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Free said:

smh

You're such a joy... go stir shit in another forum for a change of pace, huh? :bee:

It's called Freedom of speech just like you have that freedom to stir the shit.
    The violent rioters that are protesting is excused because it's a freedom?
    That's weird man.
    Again, I say that these protests that those Neanderthals are doing will not get their objectives out.
  • Options
    Did I say violence is excused? No. where are the violence areas? One spot of many. *1*.
  • Options
    Free said:

Did I say violence is excused? No. where are the violence areas? One spot of many. *1*.

No.
    Your words implied that Freedom of Speech is a right of the violent Neanderthals destroying your country.
    I could be wrong though. Perhaps a filter is needed in freedom speakers sometimes.
  • Options
    You (and others) are lumping protesters in with rioters. Way to go.

It just make you all look like angry folk, looking to blame and generalize a huge number of people doing what is completely their right.
  • Options
    Free said:

It just make you all look like angry folk, looking to blame and generalize a huge number of people doing what is completely their right.

Peaceful protests generally stay that way until the protesters feel they are not being heard.
    Starting a protest w/ burning property, flags and just general mischief are merely oh once so calm loving protesters skipping the middle man and going for the top.
  • Options

But when did trump become some peace loving hippy? The guys has no idea about international relations, wants to "bomb the shit out of isis", is aggressive interpersonally, doesn't repect veterans, wonders why no one has used nukes, and is surrounding himself with dimwits. But Clinton was apparently on some war rampage set to deploy thousands?

I know. I am merely pointing out it isn't simply a black and white issue as you are painting it to be. If it were, the US likely wouldn't be in this situation. There is a ton of grey in there. Hillary's got history in politics, and to many on the right, it's not a good record. I can't say I can comment on this, but I kept reading about her war mongering. Sure, Trump says he wants to bomb the shit out of ISIS. They are considered the ultimate bad guy. I dont recall Hillary ever mentioning a plan to deal with that threat. That resonated with people. The fear component is massive at this point. They see Hillary's wars as all about money and power, not keeping the US safe. They are willing to let some racist rhetoric slide if their safety is at risk. And many don't even see it as racist, many see it as truth. And that's not the fault of just the right, that's the fault of the media as a whole.

Funny, during the election, I didn't notice one thing on CNN about terrorism, which usually dominates national headlines in the US. Did terrorists hit the pause button during the election?

Nope. Just the coverage.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

I thought the subject of this was about rioters. Not even sure if that term is accurate, but open for another (if even needed) for those who get off on burning shit, breaking shit, spray-painting shit, treating others like shit.

I'm not generalizing, General!