Options

What's the objective of the rioters?

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    JC29856 said:

Charter buses in Chicago

https://youtu.be/2OVHb-zc4Lw

Ah, yes, buses. A very effective way of getting large groups of people to and from a location...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    the protesters are idiots. you live in a democracy and you lost. yea it sucks a scumbag is now the President-Elect but no matter how much chanting he is your President Elect. get over it. sometimes in Democracy your guy (or girl) loses.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    pjhawks said:

the protesters are idiots. you live in a democracy and you lost. yea it sucks a scumbag is now the President-Elect but no matter how much chanting he is your President Elect. get over it. sometimes in Democracy your guy (or girl) loses.

It does suck but why can't they exercise their first amendment rights?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

i didn't say they couldn't exercise their rights, they can all they want, but it's utterly pointless. and it's now what 5 straight days of protesting? ok we get it, you don't like the President-elect. your chance to not have that happen has passed. it's not going to change the outcome so if you are that against him put your efforts into making positive change in other ways.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

i didn't say they couldn't exercise their rights, they can all they want, but it's utterly pointless. and it's now what 5 straight days of protesting? ok we get it, you don't like the President-elect. your chance to not have that happen has passed. it's not going to change the outcome so if you are that against him put your efforts into making positive change in other ways.
    Maybe if more participation trophies had been handed out...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    What does it say about our economy when thousands in cities across the country protest for $12 an hour?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

i wonder how many of these protesters actually voted that's the first things that comes to my mind

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

i wonder how many of these protesters actually voted that's the first things that comes to my mind

Exactly, maybe they are upset that they didn't get a "I Voted" sticker
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    The major issue I see with these protests is that it doesn't seem they have a reasonable goal or activism outcome. He's going to remain the president elect no matter what.

Now, if they're concerned about the human rights piece of his campaign propaganda coming to fruition, by all means make sure he and the rest of the country know that it's an important issue that shouldn't be tossed aside. Protesting is important in that regard, but again, rioting has no place anywhere. Keep it clean people.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,663
    edited November 2016
    You're lumping together rioters with the protesters. They're different groups with different agendas, but the rioters are playing on the same field.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

Sure, because it's logical to assume that people are too lazy to vote but motivated enough to march in a protest.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

Probably higher rate than the national average.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Probably?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Tampa Bay WR Mike Evans sat during the anthem and then said he didn't even vote.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Jason P said:

Tampa Bay WR Mike Evans sat during the anthem and then said he didn't even vote.

Another inspiring multi-million dollar star. What a role model!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    A protest isn't valid until it meets the criteria set by white people.
  • Options

You forgot a question mark at the end of your sentence.
    What criteria?
  • Options

Very good point!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    As are these "protesters" that are acting like spoiled brats that didn't get a trophy. They must just be exercising their white privilege by rioting several days straight and not having to go to work or school the next morning. Productive members of society obviously.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    As are these "protesters" that are acting like spoiled brats that didn't get a trophy. They must just be exercising their white privilege by rioting several days straight and not having to go to work or school the next morning. Productive members of society obviously.
    Stereotyping groups of protestors is never a good idea. Maybe they can't afford college our maybe they can't find a job. Believe it or not those people do live in America.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    You sound like you need a trophy yourself!
    I only heard about 1 small riot 1 night in Portland. Is there something I'm missing or are you twisting facts to support your bias?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Stereotyping groups of protestors is never a good idea. Maybe they can't afford college our maybe they can't find a job. Believe it or not those people do live in America.
    You're right, I shouldn't lump all of them into the same categories. There is probably a good mix of diverse unproductive individuals in that group. These "protests" in general are pretty unproductive in that productive people disregard them as a bunch of crybabies. Funny how looting and rioting have become a staple of "progressive protests".
  • Options
    Can someone summarize all these riots the alt-righties keep talking about? Google is only showing me the one in Portland and I don't have enough data to dig around.
    Surely the alt-right wouldn't exaggerate or make things up.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

Can someone summarize all these riots the alt-righties keep talking about? Google is only showing me the one in Portland and I don't have enough data to dig around.
    Surely the alt-right wouldn't exaggerate or make things up.

It is only going on in Portland.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

mcgruff10 said:

pjhawks said:

So productive.
    Try not to perpetuate the intergenerational divide with this crap. It's one way Sanders lost and how we got trump.