Options

What's the objective of the rioters?

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    hedonist said:

Free said:

You (and others) are lumping protesters in with rioters. Way to go.

It just make you all look like angry folk, looking to blame and generalize a huge number of people doing what is completely their right.

I thought the subject of this was about rioters. Not even sure if that term is accurate, but open for another (if even needed) for those who get off on burning shit, breaking shit, spray-painting shit, treating others like shit.

I'm not generalizing, General!
    Website that reports the violence at protests

https://tolerantleft.com
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

It just make you all look like angry folk, looking to blame and generalize a huge number of people doing what is completely their right.

I thought the subject of this was about rioters. Not even sure if that term is accurate, but open for another (if even needed) for those who get off on burning shit, breaking shit, spray-painting shit, treating others like shit.

Damn, that's quite a list of deplorable crybabies!
  • Options
    Of America's 320-million-odd residents, only about three-quarters are eligible to vote (mostly because they're over the age of 18). Of the group that could vote in the presidential election, the U.S. Election Project's Michael McDonald estimates that about 58.1 percent did — meaning that 41.9 percent of eligible Americans didn't vote last week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/16/a-lot-of-non-voters-are-mad-at-the-election-results-if-only-there-was-something-they-could-have-done/

I wonder if voters simply didn't vote because the media convinced them the election wouldn't be close?
    Polls, 539.com, NYT saying Hilliary had 93% chance of winning.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    JC29856 said:

Of America's 320-million-odd residents, only about three-quarters are eligible to vote (mostly because they're over the age of 18). Of the group that could vote in the presidential election, the U.S. Election Project's Michael McDonald estimates that about 58.1 percent did — meaning that 41.9 percent of eligible Americans didn't vote last week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/16/a-lot-of-non-voters-are-mad-at-the-election-results-if-only-there-was-something-they-could-have-done/

I wonder if voters simply didn't vote because the media convinced them the election wouldn't be close?

this is something I theorized yesterday. I stil think the turnout would have been low, but I think the media convinced so many people that trump had no chance, so that many more people didn't vote (on both sides, both sides thinking "what's the point if it's already foregone?")
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

JC29856 said:

this is something I theorized yesterday. I stil think the turnout would have been low, but I think the media convinced so many people that trump had no chance, so that many more people didn't vote (on both sides, both sides thinking "what's the point if it's already foregone?")
    Take it a step further, did the media want low turnout to help trump win? He was a ratings cash cow from when he first announced and the media covered him almost exclusively until the conventions.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Take it a step further, did the media want low turnout to help trump win? He was a ratings cash cow from when he first announced and the media covered him almost exclusively until the conventions.
    I highly doubt that. unless you factor in they might think their ratings would skyrocket for 4 years straight because of his potential buffoonery. But I just can't see democratic leaning news agencies trying to influence the election of a republican president.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If the rioters are being paid as rumored, wouldn't the person funding them be funding terrorism?
  • Options
    unsung said:

If the rioters are being paid as rumored, wouldn't the person funding them be funding terrorism?

I doubt all those craigslist ads are fake.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,606
    unsung said:

What has happened that you see as terrorism? You do know the difference between protests, riots, civil disobedience, and terrorism, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,662
    unsung said:

To clarify: armed people occupy a government building and damage property in protest are freedom fighters worthy or your support. Protesters who occupy the street and damage property are terrorists?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

To clarify: armed people occupy a government building and damage property in protest are freedom fighters worthy or your support. Protesters who occupy the street and damage property are terrorists?

Yes.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Yes.
    well at least you openly admit your blatant hypocrisy. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yes.
    I know. I can't even come back with a snarky, snappy reply. Well played unsung.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yes.
    They were not funded by a leftist billionaire nor were they destroying private property because they didn't get their way when the chosen one got thumped in an election.

BTW: acquitted.
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yes.
    They were not funded by a leftist billionaire nor were they destroying private property because they didn't get their way when the chosen one got thumped in an election.

BTW: acquitted.
    Prosecuters picked the wrong charges on that case. And any proof of Sorors buying rocks for the rioters, or you read a "rumor" and desperately want it to be true?
  • Options
    I asked the question.

Are you ok with it if true?
  • Options
    unsung said:

I asked the question.

I see paying protesters as pretty dumb, and 100% not terrorism. So I really don't give a shit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsung said:

I asked the question.

no. buying civil unrest sets a very dangerous precedent.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

unsung said:

I asked the question.

no. buying civil unrest sets a very dangerous precedent.
    Assuming there is no agreement between paid protesters and the person paying them to start riots or cause violence, there is nothing anyone could do about it.
    Is it even true btw? Does anyone even know what role paid protesters actually played in anything if it is?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

Seems to me like a lot of those stories are bullshit.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

even if they aren't, there are fucking idiots on all sides. it's really not surprising to me.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

double post. it wasn't a draft, it already posted!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

even if they aren't, there are fucking idiots on all sides. it's really not surprising to me.
    Yep
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

What has happened that you see as terrorism? You do know the difference between protests, riots, civil disobedience, and terrorism, right?
    Terrorism is defined as using violence to achieve political gains.

I'd say it fits like a glove.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Terrorism is defined as using violence to achieve political gains.

I'd say it fits like a glove.
    Yeah, it fits those Bundys like a glove!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I didn't see violence committed by anyone other than the government when they were shooting the vehicles with women in them.
  • Options
    unsung said:

I didn't see violence committed by anyone other than the government when they were shooting the vehicles with women in them.

That's because you are biased. You rail on the government for it's threat of force but forgive the Bundys. A hillbilly wannabe sniper with his sights trained on a federal agent is an act of violence in the exact same way that an officer drawing his weapon and pointing it at you,is an act of violence.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The violence began when the feds showed up.
  • Options
    unsung said:

The violence began when the feds showed up.

They tend to do that when you openly and flagrantly break the law for years at a time.

In your utopian anarchy, what would you do if your neighbor grazes your land?
  • Options
    Talk to my neighbor and work it out.