Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    edited July 2016
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

People have politely asked you several times to stop doing it. The fact that you continue to do it makes you a troll of the first order. Later.

It's like talking to a brick Trump wall. I hope Kat or whoever addresses this.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    eddiec said:
    Bumping this and hoping others will watch. Great stuff!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

People have politely asked you several times to stop doing it. The fact that you continue to do it makes you a troll of the first order. Later.

It's like talking to a brick Trump wall. I hope Kat or whoever addresses this.
    I've taken many hits on here for supporting Trump. I can understand that.
    I don't discriminate or have anything against Hillary supporters (or Bernie).
    If people don't like talking about Trump with me then don't.
    But asking a mod for assistance to tune someone out openly? Really? I've said many times before how similar our thoughts are IH80 so I'm not sure where your plea is coming from.
    Instead of making it personal just talk about Trump or adorn him it's not hard to do in a Trump thread.
    [image removed by admin. From now on, post the link so people can click on it IF they want to see it. Your image posting limit has been reached. Thank you. - Admin ]

This article is interesting
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trump-endorsements-evangelicals-gays-1.3691160
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

I was hoping Chuck Todd would've asked him what he knows, specifically, about the current vetting process because I'm sure he has absolutely no idea. The way he talks, you'd think there is no vetting process what so ever. He's an idiot preying on people's fears.

Todd let him go on the tax return issue also. There is no reason to not issue tax returns if you are under audit. That's just an outright lie.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

I was hoping Chuck Todd would've asked him what he knows, specifically, about the current vetting process because I'm sure he has absolutely no idea. The way he talks, you'd think there is no vetting process what so ever. He's an idiot preying on people's fears.

Todd let him go on the tax return issue also. There is no reason to not issue tax returns if you are under audit. That's just an outright lie.
    He should hold them for leverage. Let Hillary release her speeches first.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Nobody is asking to shut you up. Just asking you to stop posting pictures with every post. It's not too much to ask. The fact that you've simply ignored such requests is what makes you a troll.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Nobody is asking to shut you up. Just asking you to stop posting pictures with every post. It's not too much to ask. The fact that you've simply ignored such requests is what makes you a troll.

Unlike repeated requests to listen about points I have to say about Trump without a troll picture or ventriloque hate read this article http://www.npr.org/2016/07/17/484016283/-politics-has-become-celebrity-driven-how-2016-surprised-political-thinkers

That fact that radlibs, dems and Hillary apologists won't put up with intolerance is another discussion altogether. I could very well take the other side and be a delightful Hillary supporter and everything would be fine right?
    [image removed by admin. From now on, post the link so people can click on it IF they want to see it. Your image posting limit has been reached. Thank you. - Admin ]
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    So you think posting a picture will force people to read the links you're posting? You understand you're making no sense and have no point. Right? You've been asked several times to stop. In ignoring such requests or even coming up with a good reason why you're doing it makes you a troll.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So you think posting a picture will force people to read the links you're posting? You understand you're making no sense and have no point. Right? You've been asked several times to stop. In ignoring such requests or even coming up with a good reason why you're doing it makes you a troll.

I like this article. http://www.inquisitr.com/3342358/malik-obama-barack-obamas-brother-is-voting-for-trump/
    Obamas family member voting for Trump. Wow!
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Point proven
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Yeah right...Clinton released her tax returns, Trump needs to release his like everyone else

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Yeah right...Clinton released her tax returns, Trump needs to release his like everyone else
    He doesn't "need" to do anything. He should hold out until there is evidence this issue is hurting him politically. Obama's college records, Hillary's speeches, Trump's tax returns who's to say what is important to the average voter? Hillary can't delete 30,000 government emails and then run on the concept of full disclosure can she? Leverage.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    And this is where Americans fail.
    The video you posted is not available in "my country"
    Censorship maybe?
    If you want to demonstrate Trump then make it known!
  • Options
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    I've exceeded my free WashPo articles for the month. Is it too big to copy/paste?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Reading comprehension skills are key with Trump.
    The article does not state Trump defends him rather that he is surprised that a man that he considered a friend is accused of this.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I've exceeded my free WashPo articles for the month. Is it too big to copy/paste?
    Donald Trump this weekend defended longtime friend Roger Ailes, the ousted chief executive of Fox News who is accused of sexually harassing at least two dozen women. Trump also questioned the motives of some of the women.

"I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them, and even recently. And when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him. And now, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him," Trump said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" on Saturday evening. "It's very sad because he's a very good person. I've always found him to be just a very, very good person. And, by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he's done. So I feel very badly."

Trump added that "a lot of people are thinking he's going to run my campaign," but he wouldn't say whether those people were correct.

[The fall of Roger Ailes: He made Fox News his ‘locker room’ — and now women are telling their stories]

Ailes is a larger-than-life figure in American television history and a force in Republican politics. He abruptly left the network last week after former anchor Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit that sparked a public examination of the way Ailes has treated the women working for him over the years. Carlson’s attorney, Nancy Erika Smith, says 25 women have come forward with allegations about similar experiences that stretch across five decades. Ailes has denied the allegations.

Trump also defended Ailes in a Friday interview with Bloomberg Politics as he flew home from Cleveland. Trump noted that he is close to Rupert Murdoch, who started Fox News, and that he knows "Rupert has great respect for Roger and everything Roger’s done."

"I think it’s so sad," Trump said. "He’s such a great guy. Roger is — I mean, what he’s done on television, is in the history of television, he’s gotta be placed in the top three, or four or five. And that includes the founding of the major networks. So, it’s too bad. I’m sure it was friendly."
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Donald Trump this weekend defended longtime friend Roger Ailes, the ousted chief executive of Fox News who is accused of sexually harassing at least two dozen women. Trump also questioned the motives of some of the women.

"I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them, and even recently. And when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him. And now, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him," Trump said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" on Saturday evening. "It's very sad because he's a very good person. I've always found him to be just a very, very good person. And, by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he's done. So I feel very badly."

Trump added that "a lot of people are thinking he's going to run my campaign," but he wouldn't say whether those people were correct.

[The fall of Roger Ailes: He made Fox News his ‘locker room’ — and now women are telling their stories]

Ailes is a larger-than-life figure in American television history and a force in Republican politics. He abruptly left the network last week after former anchor Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit that sparked a public examination of the way Ailes has treated the women working for him over the years. Carlson’s attorney, Nancy Erika Smith, says 25 women have come forward with allegations about similar experiences that stretch across five decades. Ailes has denied the allegations.

Trump also defended Ailes in a Friday interview with Bloomberg Politics as he flew home from Cleveland. Trump noted that he is close to Rupert Murdoch, who started Fox News, and that he knows "Rupert has great respect for Roger and everything Roger’s done."

"I think it’s so sad," Trump said. "He’s such a great guy. Roger is — I mean, what he’s done on television, is in the history of television, he’s gotta be placed in the top three, or four or five. And that includes the founding of the major networks. So, it’s too bad. I’m sure it was friendly."
    The accusations are serious but he's innocent until proven guilty. Either way Roger Ailes isn't guilty of anything worse then what Bill Clinton has done in the past. Trump's bating you into making this attack.
  • Options
    Did Trump 'cast suspicions' as the article headlines? I seem to be missing that.

As far as innocent,... it will be interesting if this actually gets litigated. Carlson may not want to settle considering the publicity of the matter. Maybe she'll want that 40MM. I imagine more lawsuits will be forthcoming too. This is definitely just the beginning of the story...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Did Trump 'cast suspicions' as the article headlines? I seem to be missing that.

As far as innocent,... it will be interesting if this actually gets litigated. Carlson may not want to settle considering the publicity of the matter. Maybe she'll want that 40MM. I imagine more lawsuits will be forthcoming too. This is definitely just the beginning of the story...

I think it will totally be settled but his reputation will be damaged either way.
  • Options
    Oh, and you're right... it could be a trap for the Clinton campaign. It will be interesting to see if they make it an issue if Trump hires Aiiles. Although I don't think Roger is a very endearing figure to the general public. He looks fairly grotesque and doesn't come across very well. I can't imagine he wants to be in the spotlight.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Oh, and you're right... it could be a trap for the Clinton campaign. It will be interesting to see if they make it an issue if Trump hires Aiiles. Although I don't think Roger is a very endearing figure to the general public. He looks fairly grotesque and doesn't come across very well. I can't imagine he wants to be in the spotlight.

Do you not find it odd that this opinion should have anything to do with an American election?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,663

Reading comprehension skills are key with Trump.
    The article does not state Trump defends him rather that he is surprised that a man that he considered a friend is accused of this.
    I agree, reading comprehension is key. And when trump says this: "I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them, and even recently. And when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him. And now, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him,"

He suggesting that the accusations are false and that they have some other motivation. Hey Trump, it's not 1960.

• Options
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/25/trump-reddit-ask-me-anything-ama/87522880/
    Donald Trump's campaign announced via email that the Republican presidential candidate will take part in a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" on Wednesday.

In 2015, Trump prompted Twitter users to send him questions with the hashtag #Ask Trump. The majority of the questions asked while the hashtag was trending were worded to take a shot at Trump and his stances, rather than asked to seek an answer.
    sounds like fun...

• Options
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/putins-online-troll-factory-may-be-trying-to-get-trump-elected-to-undermine-the-us/
    The suspected Russian hack of the Democratic National Committee is part of a broader cyber campaign against the U.S. — which may include efforts to elect Donald Trump.

The FBI is investigating the DNC hack, which resulted in the ouster of party chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and raised tensions among Democrats heading into this week’s convention.

This comes as concerns have been raised about Trump and his campaign’s friendly relationship with Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin, and Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager has suggested that the Republican platform was changed to “make it more pro-Russian.”

One reporter who has written extensively about Russia’s cyber warfare efforts has warned for months that the former Soviet Union appears to be actively invested in getting Trump elected to weaken the U.S.

Adrian Chen reported in June 2015 in the New York Times Magazine about Russia’s “troll factory,” where online commenters spread disinformation and pro-Kremlin propaganda on social media and other websites.

“A very interesting thing happened,” Chen said during a December podcast with Longform. “I created this list of the Russian trolls when I was researching, and I check on it once in a while, still. And a lot of them turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives. I don’t know what’s going on, but they’re all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff.
    weird...this and Manafort's dealings with Russia are a little disturbing

• Options
    http://fox59.com/2016/07/25/benghazi-victims-mother-asks-trump-to-stop-talking-about-sons-death/
    WASHINGTON — The mother of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, who died during the 2012 Benghazi attacks, penned a short letter to the editor of The New York Times asking that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and the GOP stop invoking her son’s death.

“I know for certain that Chris would not have wanted his name or memory used in that connection,” Mary Commanday wrote in the letter, which was published Saturday. “I hope that there will be an immediate and permanent stop to this opportunistic and cynical use by the campaign.”

The Benghazi attacks were frequently mentioned in speeches at this week’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where speakers used it as a reason presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is unfit for the presidency.

Clinton was secretary of state at the time of the attacks. Some conservatives blame Clinton and the Obama administration for security failures in Benghazi that they blame for the deaths of Stevens and three other Americans.

At one point during the convention, another victim’s mother, Pat Smith, spoke before the audience and blamed Clinton for the death of her son, IT expert Sean Smith.

This discussion has been closed.