Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Tomorrow's the big day to finish out my goals for the month.
    I have 100 push-ups left to do to hit 5,000 and I'm doing them in one set even if I have to hold the plank for 5 minutes.
    4.25 miles to go to make 100 for the month (why in the heck did I choose a month that's short 3 days??) so I may have to finish up on Wednesday.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide if 5,000 squats is insane.
    I've been told that's way too many, but I dunno, I think it could be done.
  • Options
    Average of less than 200 per day even with off days.

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I'm struggling a bit. A little. I've lost 5 lbs since Xmas. I'm 3lbs behind schedule. My sweets are out of control. Everyday I'm into something. I will not hit my target I set for going to the water park but I'm ok with it. And that might be a problem HEHE. But I will say I know I'm making others jealous. I've noticed some coworkers mocking some of my choices. Which is cool. I just need a nudge. A passion again. Life's been crazy. I'd like to get back on track. Just need to say no. I keep going in the same circle I do well and then eat well. Lose it again and eat again. I have noticed major changes and couldn't be happier. Need to just do it! I did walk tonight and tomorrow is a new day.

Would also like to add I'm sad the Wings lost hot sauce {Tatar} he will be missed. 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Also meant to add super proud of you guys. You sure are killin it!! Keep it up.
  • Options

• Options
    FoxyRedLa said:
    I'm struggling a bit. A little. I've lost 5 lbs since Xmas. I'm 3lbs behind schedule. My sweets are out of control. Everyday I'm into something. I will not hit my target I set for going to the water park but I'm ok with it. And that might be a problem HEHE. But I will say I know I'm making others jealous. I've noticed some coworkers mocking some of my choices. Which is cool. I just need a nudge. A passion again. Life's been crazy. I'd like to get back on track. Just need to say no. I keep going in the same circle I do well and then eat well. Lose it again and eat again. I have noticed major changes and couldn't be happier. Need to just do it! I did walk tonight and tomorrow is a new day.

Would also like to add I'm sad the Wings lost hot sauce {Tatar} he will be missed. 
    Sweets have been off the charts for me too.  Jelly beans, Reese's eggs, cookies...all night every night for weeks.  Bulk season I guess lol
  • Options
    Thanks gambs! You ARE human. :smiley:
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Thanks gambs! You ARE human. :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/l5-gja10qkw
  • Options
    Very human, very much.
    There was an Instagram model in the gym this morning and she was...much less human than I lol
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,270
    rgambs said:
    Very human, very much.
    There was an Instagram model in the gym this morning and she was...much less human than I lol

That was me!!
    Just kidding... although my son tells me he is trying to grow my Instagram following by showing my gym pics to everyone he knows: "They're very inspirational!" My kids are sweet, in their own unique ways.

I aggravated a nearly-healed groin injury when I stepped on my stupid cat. :-( So I'm back to rehabbing. My trainer had me deadlifting heavy (135 might not be a lot for men, but it's plenty for me) today, anyway.

I'm not making much progress on goal-setting for myself. One of my goals for this week is to set some goals for myself (I know, I know). I'm leaning toward learning new things (dance, tennis, swimming), maybe adding sparring to my self-defense/ jujitsu work. I'd like to do more trail running, but I admit I am more comfortable doing that when my husband can go with me (even though, right now, I'm a lot faster than he is), and between his travel schedule and our busy weekends, there are few opportunities to do that.

I took a week to dial things down a bit -- traveled to visit my kid, etc. My trainer and my husband had expressed concerns about my weight and suggested that I take that vacation time to try to gain weight (feel free to throw things at me). That turned out to be easier said than done....
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Are you on a mass gainer?

I finished out my goals this morning!  
    February is my bitch.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    rgambs said:

February is my bitch.
    :clap: Great job! 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I only got a short walk in today. It wasn't easy to be motivated as we have a storm coming in that's being referred to as the Beast From The East.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    rgambs said:

February is my bitch.
    U da man!

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    rgambs said:

February is my bitch.

A day early. Are you a dollar ahead, too? ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Thanks folks!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Me? No. The men I know/ who know me were concerned that I was not eating enough (my constant complaints of being hungry might have tipped them off).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    I H-A-A-A-A-T-E,  hate, hate, hate, exercising.  But at 66 I'm getting to look like this:

That is not me, but closer to what I look like than I want to admit.  I need to do some core strengthening exercises but I can't do them lying on my back face up because that position gives me vertigo.  Any suggestion? 

Thanks! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Gambs you are the man! Awesome work everyone. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lifting has been great. I have to get more cardio in!

• Options
    Planks... side planks (with leg raises)... hanging leg raises...
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Me? No. The men I know/ who know me were concerned that I was not eating enough (my constant complaints of being hungry might have tipped them off).
    Eat more lady!
    Food is so good, I can't imagine having that problem lol

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Nice!  I see your runs are getting longer and faster on average.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Nice!  I see your runs are getting longer and faster on average.
    trying fun!  cardio is the key to losing my gut.  gotta keep it up!
  • Options
    Hey Brian! You can lose some weight without exercise. Intermittent fasting is helping me a lot. I eat 1 to 2 meals a day at the same time. Zero snacking. I choose to only drink water and milk most of the time. Some coffee. 

I have a cross trainer/elliptical at home. I try to walk 3 days a week. They say walk to lose belly fat. 

The above is always what I strive for haha hasn't been consistent lately.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Eat more lady!
    Food is so good, I can't imagine having that problem lol

I'm trying. I suck at dieting -- seriously, I'm the worst ever at it -- so this is an odd position to be in. But my caloric requirement most days is about 3500 calories, and I can't eat much of anything before exercising (especially running), and I can't eat more than a handful of food at a sitting, and I have a bunch of food intolerances. So I tend to run a deficit of 1000 calories a day or so. I try to compensate with doughnuts and wine, lol, but until the Donut Bar opens a store closer to my home that's a twice-monthly fix. Plus I'm trying to eat more protein and oh, maybe drink less. I think I'm the only client my trainer has who is encouraged to take a day off and go eat doughnuts, lol.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Oh. That says "abs!" I thought it said "ass," which tends to be more of a priority for women who lift. :insert laughing smiley face here:
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    mcgruff10 said:

I really thought half of your abs workouts said ass. :lol: I was thinking you must be doing lots of hip thrusts and glute bridges :lol:

Great job though! Definitely putting the work in.
  • Options