Options

Colorado Springs Terrorist Attack

northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
edited January 2016 in A Moving Train
I find it very disheartening and sad that over 24 hours has passed and there is no commentary on the terrorist attack in Colorado Springs.
Do not be mistaken that due to the fact that it was a single Christian terrorist who attacked these people, police officers included, this was a domestic terrorist attack. No mention here is a sad summary to the biased and unhealthy views of the NA public. I would rather focus on the much more common stateside terrorist attacks than the few and far between "islamic" attacks. How is it ok to condemn Islam for its "practices" and still be ok with a Christian walking into someone's work place and opening fire for "what they believe in". Looks like hypocrisy stands on its highest platform still. Shame!
Anything you lose from being honest
You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
Post edited by northerndragon on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited November 2015
    I have simply been rendered speechless (although I don't think many are okay with this shooting. But they are obviously pretty much indifferent, which is just as bad, especially considering the noticeable lack of reaction in general when compared to other attacks). I really feel like so many people are just so fucked up lately in several different contexts, I can barely even stand to discuss it at times. I find it to be very depressing and insanely frustrating and disheartening and annoying, and i almost feel like just losing my shit, so figure it's better not to say anything just now.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Understandable PJ_Soul, but still just as disappointing. I figured give it a little time and the discussion would start but there is just this general denial that breaks my heart. It is the same thing as anything that has happened 'abroad'. But because people can justify it in North America for religious beliefs breaks my heart. The hypocrisy that killing for this religious reason is ok but this is not, is soul crushing.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    We should remember that the reasons behind this aren't yet clear... maybe people are just waiting to know if this should be a debate about religious fanatics, right-wingers, the mentally ill, something else, or all of the above or some combination .... I know the guy said something about baby parts, so that he was making a statement about abortion seems likely, but I haven't seen anything else about the shooter's inspiration or state of mind.
    But yeah, the implications of the differences between reactions to various events stir up a real hornets nest.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited November 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

I have simply been rendered speechless (although I don't think many are okay with this shooting. But they are obviously pretty much indifferent, which is just as bad, especially considering the noticeable lack of reaction in general when compared to other attacks). I really feel like so many people are just so fucked up lately in several different contexts, I can barely even stand to discuss it at times. I find it to be very depressing and insanely frustrating and disheartening and annoying, and i almost feel like just losing my shit, so figure it's better not to say anything just now.

I sort of feel the very same way. Just tired of it all of the random shootings by anyone. I must say though if this was a Muslim terrorist shooting the story would've been posted not long after it happened. I just posted how the shooter is being called a domestic terrorist and posted about it in the KKK thread.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2596610/colorado-springs-shooting-an-act-of-domestic-terrorism/

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    edited November 2015
    Can you provide a link to reference or factual info he was christian?

One nbc article I just read mentioned a brief snippet of one statement he made to police about " no more n
    baby parts" and other comments political in nature.

Every politician who seized on these false videos and continue to spout the falsehoods are complicit and should be charges as such. As well as that group who made them then pushed the false narrative. But for them, 3 people would still be alive.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There has been some discussion in the America. Gun Violence thread. I said it was terrorism and might need it's own thread...there was some agreement there.
    It hasn't been ignored, but it is sad that we are so desensitized to mass shootings that they don't get a big reaction any!more
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    PJ_Soul said:

We should remember that the reasons behind this aren't yet clear... maybe people are just waiting to know if this should be a debate about religious fanatics, right-wingers, the mentally ill, something else, or all of the above or some combination .... I know the guy said something about baby parts, so that he was making a statement about abortion seems likely, but I haven't seen anything else about the shooter's inspiration or state of mind.
    But yeah, the implications of the differences between reactions to various events stir up a real hornets nest.

PJ_Soul, we've seen in the past number of years already that the media does not care about reasons not being clear - the media simply jumps to conclusions quicker. But it hardly stays silent on a topic: if anything, the media broadcasts outlandish assumptions to prove its funders' points in the 'details ambiguous' phase, often louder than the truth itself which follows.

Truth is, you can paint a picture of any event just the way you want it, just by stating or omitting any facts.

"Four young people were seen punching a girl" - bullying
    "Four young men were seen brutally attacking a girl" - gender-based attacks
    "Four Christians were seen abusing a girl" - religion-based attacks

The problem is - the last format is reserved primarily (if not exclusively) for Muslim-driven attackers. It's almost getting to the point where, on one hand you want freedom of speech, but on the other, you want to remove bias from primary sources of opinions (i.e. the media) so these descriptors end up leading to subliminal subjugation of people, subtlety and repeatedly attacking people or groups for who they are. And because of our commitment to "democracy" and "democratic rights", once again to strip an entity (such as a broadcasting company) of its democratic rights (because entities have the same rights as humans) in lieu of minimizing the desecration of others becomes unfathomably bad.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    I've made the point often on here that the Colorado movie theatre shooter and the Boston Bombers are no different. Murderous thugs who wanted to kill as many innocent people as possible. We give them too much credit when we allow their dictated intentions decide how we classify them. This shithead at Planned Parenthood is one more example. Absolutely a terrorist act. Only difference between his crime and Paris is...what exactly? Scale, ideology, geography, race...none of that changes what he did. Just one more murderous, terrorist thug.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I saw a picture of the guy on Twitter. He's a 'good 'ol boy' if I've ever seen a 'good ol' boy' (at least I reckon).

As far as losers go... he's an all star- with a dose of looney tunes just to make him complicated.

And, once again if reports are correct, belief in fairy tales leads some simple, brainwashed f**king idiot to murder some people.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    JimmyV said:

I've made the point often on here that the Colorado movie theatre shooter and the Boston Bombers are no different. Murderous thugs who wanted to kill as many innocent people as possible. We give them too much credit when we allow their dictated intentions decide how we classify them. This shithead at Planned Parenthood is one more example. Absolutely a terrorist act. Only difference between his crime and Paris is...what exactly? Scale, ideology, geography, race...none of that changes what he did. Just one more murderous, terrorist thug.

I like to use "domestic extremists" when describing these fuckers. They aren't part of any large group from what we know so to me that's the difference.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    edited November 2015

Understandable PJ_Soul, but still just as disappointing. I figured give it a little time and the discussion would start but there is just this general denial that breaks my heart. It is the same thing as anything that has happened 'abroad'. But because people can justify it in North America for religious beliefs breaks my heart. The hypocrisy that killing for this religious reason is ok but this is not, is soul crushing.

Why on earth would we want to be discussing this subject when we could be out buying as music plastic crap to fill our empty lives as possible? Please shut down your computers, get out there and shop like good citizens and stop whining! :ohstop:

(Sorry, bad case of PBFT)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul, we've seen in the past number of years already that the media does not care about reasons not being clear - the media simply jumps to conclusions quicker. But it hardly stays silent on a topic: if anything, the media broadcasts outlandish assumptions to prove its funders' points in the 'details ambiguous' phase, often louder than the truth itself which follows.

Truth is, you can paint a picture of any event just the way you want it, just by stating or omitting any facts.

"Four young people were seen punching a girl" - bullying
    "Four young men were seen brutally attacking a girl" - gender-based attacks
    "Four Christians were seen abusing a girl" - religion-based attacks

The problem is - the last format is reserved primarily (if not exclusively) for Muslim-driven attackers. It's almost getting to the point where, on one hand you want freedom of speech, but on the other, you want to remove bias from primary sources of opinions (i.e. the media) so these descriptors end up leading to subliminal subjugation of people, subtlety and repeatedly attacking people or groups for who they are. And because of our commitment to "democracy" and "democratic rights", once again to strip an entity (such as a broadcasting company) of its democratic rights (because entities have the same rights as humans) in lieu of minimizing the desecration of others becomes unfathomably bad.
    I was actually talking about the people here in the AMT, not the media.

But i do agree that if this story had involved a Muslim (maybe even just a non-white person) The story probably would have been posted here a lot faster and there would have been outrage, and yes, that disturbs me greatly, especially considering how important the right to choose is to me. I didn't post about it myself because the issue upsets me and and sometimes I just don't want to be upset!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Oh thought of it But where to start? Gun control? Covered.
    Mass shootings? Covered.
    Abortion, yep.

If it's established guy did this as part of some religious calling, well then we can discuss the irony of all the Muslim terrorist slamming and see we have same shit here. But not yet as it hasn't been established.

Once established probably do one of my Callen posts to which Thirty will enjoy/comment.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Mass shootings? Covered.
    Abortion, yep.

If it's established guy did this as part of some religious calling, well then we can discuss the irony of all the Muslim terrorist slamming and see we have same shit here. But not yet as it hasn't been established.

Once established probably do one of my Callen posts to which Thirty will enjoy/comment.

Callen...

I enjoy every one of your comments on the topics you highlighted. It's when we begin to figure out what to do with these dipshits when I start to get agitated with your comments.

You wanna scratch their back and massage their feet- I want to throw them off a bridge sooo... we're pretty far apart there LOL!
  • Options
    callen said:

Mass shootings? Covered.
    Abortion, yep.

Yeah, i think the new story is definitely the irony.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Mass shootings? Covered.
    Abortion, yep.

Yeah, i think the new story is definitely the irony.
    but this has the added elements of the edited videos , the politicians chasing another false track for selfserving election captial and the bullshit spewed on this very thing from political extremist media sources which is also selfserving for those outlets.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sometimes I just don't know what to say, moreso how to say what's in my head at the moment. To speak solely for the sake of speaking, vs true thoughts extended as I'd like, not my thing.

Definitely not apathy though.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2015
    hedonist said:

Sometimes I just don't know what to say, moreso how to say what's in my head at the moment. To speak solely for the sake of speaking, vs true thoughts extended as I'd like, not my thing.

Definitely not apathy though.

Edit: posted something in error
  • Options
    rgambs said:

There has been some discussion in the America. Gun Violence thread. I said it was terrorism and might need it's own thread...there was some agreement there.
    It hasn't been ignored, but it is sad that we are so desensitized to mass shootings that they don't get a big reaction any!more

Unless a Muslim does it. :neutral:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ, no. I think sick fucks are sick fucks.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

the following list is of all islamist terrorist attacks for the last three months. I think this why people have such a huge reaction to this. Also don't forget, the biggest terrorist attack in the united states was by muslim extremists. Fourteen years later a lot of people still can't forget that terrible day.
    Nigeria September 10, 2015 - Explosion at a refugee camp for people fleeing Boko Haram kills at least 2.[145]
    Iraq September 17, 2015 – Two suicide bombings in Baghdad killed 10 and injured 55. ISIL claims responsibility.[146]
    Germany September 17, 2015 – An Islamist of Iraqi descent attacked and injured a police officer with a knife in Berlin. 1 injured, 1 dead (perpetrator).[147]
    Nigeria September 21, 2015 - At least 54 people were killed by multiple explosions in Nigeria.[148]
    Yemen September 24, 2015 – A bomb attack on a Shia mosque in Sana'a killed 25 and injured dozens more during prayers for the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha. Claimed by ISIL.[149]
    BangladeshItaly September 29, 2015 – Three men on a motorbike shot and killed an Italian aid worker. The attack has been claimed by ISIL.[150]
    Nigeria October 1, 2015 – Multiple suicide bombings by Boko Haram in North-East Nigeria killed 14 people (including the bombers) and injured 39.[151]
    Israel October 1, 2015 – Gunmen opened fire on a car near Nablus on the northern West Bank, killing a man and woman. 4 of their 6 children were also in the car and witnessed the attack, but were uninjured. The attackers have been praised by Hamas.[152][153]
    Australia October 2, 2015 – 2015 Parramatta shooting. A NSW Police Force civilian employee was shot dead outside NSW Police Force headquarters on Charles Street, Parramatta, Sydney by a 15-year old lone gunman. The gunman then engaged with NSW Police Special Constables in a shootout before being killed, 2 dead.[154]
    BangladeshJapan October 3, 2015 – A Japanese man was shot and killed in a similar fashion to an Italian aid worker killed 4 days earlier. The attack has been claimed by ISIL.[155]
    Iraq October 3, 2015 – In Baghdad, two suicide bombings in Shiite majority neighbourhoods kill at least 18 people and injure 61. Attack claimed by ISIL.[156]
    Afghanistan October 5, 2015 – Two suicide bombings in Kabul targeted an Afghan intelligence centre. 3 people were injured in the attack, claimed by the Taliban.[157][158]
    Somalia October 7, 2015 – Militants of Al-Shabaab ambushed and killed the nephew of Somalia's president, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud. 2 dead.[159]
    Turkey October 10, 2015 - In the 2015 Ankara bombings 102 people were killed and over 400 others injured. According to two high ranked sources in the Turkish security forces ISIL is most likely responsible.[160][161]
    Chad October 10, 2015 – Multiple suicide bombings in Chad killed 33 people and injured 51. The attack is believed to be the work of Boko Haram.[162]
    AfghanistanUnited Kingdom October 11, 2015 – A bomb attack in Kabul, targeting a British military convoy injured 7 Afghan civilians. The attack has been claimed by the Taliban.[163]
    Nigeria October 22, 2015 – 20 people were killed in the northeast state of Borno, Nigeria in a Boko Haram attack.[164]
    Nigeria October 23, 2015 – Two separate mosques were attacked by suicide bombers, killing 42 in Nigeria.[165]
    Niger October 28, 2015 - Boko Haram militants attack a village in Niger, gunning down 13 people and allegedly burning down houses and cars during the rampage.[166]
    EgyptRussia October 31, 2015 – Bomb on board a Russian jet brings it down in Sinai, bound for St Petersburg, killing 224 people.[167]
    Lebanon November 12, 2015 – Twin suicide bombings kill 42 people in the capital city of Beirut.[168]
    France November 13, 2015 – A series of terrorist attacks in Paris kill 136, and wound 352. They involved a series of coordinated attacks which consisted of mass shootings and suicide bombings. This incident was the most fatal event on French soil since World War II.[169]
    Iraq November 13, 2015 - A Suicide bomber kills at least 21 at a Shia funeral.[170]
    PhilippinesMalaysia November 17, 2015 – A Malaysian national is beheaded by Abu Sayyaf in the southern Philippines.[171]
    Nigeria November 17, 2015 – A suicide attack at a market in Yola killed more than 30 people and hospitalised more than 80. The attack is thought to be the work of Boko Haram.[172]
    France November 18, 2015 – A Jewish history teacher was stabbed in the arm and leg by three Islamists in Marseille.[173]
    Bosnia and Herzegovina November 18, 2015 – A lone wolf Islamist killed two soldiers and injured civilians. 3 dead 5 wounded.[174]
    Nigeria November 18, 2015 – Two explosions rock a phone market in Kano killing at least 15 people and injuring more than 100. Boko Haram is suspected to be behind it.[175]
    Mali November 20, 2015 – Bamako hotel attack. Gunmen yelling "Allahu Akbar" storm a hotel in Bamako, Mali. At least 19 killed, and more than 160 were taken hostage.
    Iraq November 20, 2015 - A Suicide bomber detonates inside a Shiite mosque killing 10 people, other bombings in the area killed another 5 people.[176]
    Cameroon November 21, 2015 – Suicide bombers affiliated with Boko Haram kill at least 10 in northern Cameroon.[177]
    Tunisia November 24, 2015 - At least 12 people were killed in a bus bombing in Tunis, the capital of Tunisia. ISIS claimed responsibility for this attack that targeted a bus transporting members of the Presidential Guard. [178]
    Egypt November 24, 2015 – In the November 2015 Sinai attack which occurred a day after the second round of parliamentary elections closed, militants attack a hotel housing election judges in the provincial capital of al-Arish in Egypt's North Sinai. 7 dead, 10+ wounded[179]
    Nigeria November 27, 2015 – 21 killed in Boko Haram suicide attack on a Shia procession in Nigeria[180]
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

the following list is of all islamist terrorist attacks for the last three months. I think this why people have such a huge reaction to this. Also don't forget, the biggest terrorist attack in the united states was by muslim extremists. Fourteen years later a lot of people still can't forget that terrible day.
    Nigeria September 10, 2015 - Explosion at a refugee camp for people fleeing Boko Haram kills at least 2.[145]
    Iraq September 17, 2015 – Two suicide bombings in Baghdad killed 10 and injured 55. ISIL claims responsibility.[146]
    Germany September 17, 2015 – An Islamist of Iraqi descent attacked and injured a police officer with a knife in Berlin. 1 injured, 1 dead (perpetrator).[147]
    Nigeria September 21, 2015 - At least 54 people were killed by multiple explosions in Nigeria.[148]
    Yemen September 24, 2015 – A bomb attack on a Shia mosque in Sana'a killed 25 and injured dozens more during prayers for the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha. Claimed by ISIL.[149]
    BangladeshItaly September 29, 2015 – Three men on a motorbike shot and killed an Italian aid worker. The attack has been claimed by ISIL.[150]
    Nigeria October 1, 2015 – Multiple suicide bombings by Boko Haram in North-East Nigeria killed 14 people (including the bombers) and injured 39.[151]
    Israel October 1, 2015 – Gunmen opened fire on a car near Nablus on the northern West Bank, killing a man and woman. 4 of their 6 children were also in the car and witnessed the attack, but were uninjured. The attackers have been praised by Hamas.[152][153]
    Australia October 2, 2015 – 2015 Parramatta shooting. A NSW Police Force civilian employee was shot dead outside NSW Police Force headquarters on Charles Street, Parramatta, Sydney by a 15-year old lone gunman. The gunman then engaged with NSW Police Special Constables in a shootout before being killed, 2 dead.[154]
    BangladeshJapan October 3, 2015 – A Japanese man was shot and killed in a similar fashion to an Italian aid worker killed 4 days earlier. The attack has been claimed by ISIL.[155]
    Iraq October 3, 2015 – In Baghdad, two suicide bombings in Shiite majority neighbourhoods kill at least 18 people and injure 61. Attack claimed by ISIL.[156]
    Afghanistan October 5, 2015 – Two suicide bombings in Kabul targeted an Afghan intelligence centre. 3 people were injured in the attack, claimed by the Taliban.[157][158]
    Somalia October 7, 2015 – Militants of Al-Shabaab ambushed and killed the nephew of Somalia's president, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud. 2 dead.[159]
    Turkey October 10, 2015 - In the 2015 Ankara bombings 102 people were killed and over 400 others injured. According to two high ranked sources in the Turkish security forces ISIL is most likely responsible.[160][161]
    Chad October 10, 2015 – Multiple suicide bombings in Chad killed 33 people and injured 51. The attack is believed to be the work of Boko Haram.[162]
    AfghanistanUnited Kingdom October 11, 2015 – A bomb attack in Kabul, targeting a British military convoy injured 7 Afghan civilians. The attack has been claimed by the Taliban.[163]
    Nigeria October 22, 2015 – 20 people were killed in the northeast state of Borno, Nigeria in a Boko Haram attack.[164]
    Nigeria October 23, 2015 – Two separate mosques were attacked by suicide bombers, killing 42 in Nigeria.[165]
    Niger October 28, 2015 - Boko Haram militants attack a village in Niger, gunning down 13 people and allegedly burning down houses and cars during the rampage.[166]
    EgyptRussia October 31, 2015 – Bomb on board a Russian jet brings it down in Sinai, bound for St Petersburg, killing 224 people.[167]
    Lebanon November 12, 2015 – Twin suicide bombings kill 42 people in the capital city of Beirut.[168]
    France November 13, 2015 – A series of terrorist attacks in Paris kill 136, and wound 352. They involved a series of coordinated attacks which consisted of mass shootings and suicide bombings. This incident was the most fatal event on French soil since World War II.[169]
    Iraq November 13, 2015 - A Suicide bomber kills at least 21 at a Shia funeral.[170]
    PhilippinesMalaysia November 17, 2015 – A Malaysian national is beheaded by Abu Sayyaf in the southern Philippines.[171]
    Nigeria November 17, 2015 – A suicide attack at a market in Yola killed more than 30 people and hospitalised more than 80. The attack is thought to be the work of Boko Haram.[172]
    France November 18, 2015 – A Jewish history teacher was stabbed in the arm and leg by three Islamists in Marseille.[173]
    Bosnia and Herzegovina November 18, 2015 – A lone wolf Islamist killed two soldiers and injured civilians. 3 dead 5 wounded.[174]
    Nigeria November 18, 2015 – Two explosions rock a phone market in Kano killing at least 15 people and injuring more than 100. Boko Haram is suspected to be behind it.[175]
    Mali November 20, 2015 – Bamako hotel attack. Gunmen yelling "Allahu Akbar" storm a hotel in Bamako, Mali. At least 19 killed, and more than 160 were taken hostage.
    Iraq November 20, 2015 - A Suicide bomber detonates inside a Shiite mosque killing 10 people, other bombings in the area killed another 5 people.[176]
    Cameroon November 21, 2015 – Suicide bombers affiliated with Boko Haram kill at least 10 in northern Cameroon.[177]
    Tunisia November 24, 2015 - At least 12 people were killed in a bus bombing in Tunis, the capital of Tunisia. ISIS claimed responsibility for this attack that targeted a bus transporting members of the Presidential Guard. [178]
    Egypt November 24, 2015 – In the November 2015 Sinai attack which occurred a day after the second round of parliamentary elections closed, militants attack a hotel housing election judges in the provincial capital of al-Arish in Egypt's North Sinai. 7 dead, 10+ wounded[179]
    Nigeria November 27, 2015 – 21 killed in Boko Haram suicide attack on a Shia procession in Nigeria[180]
    what do any of those events have to do with the terrorism on our shores perpetrated by our people that have nothing to do with islam?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

what do any of those events have to do with the terrorism on our shores perpetrated by our people that have nothing to do with islam?
    I was responding to pjsouls comment about how a Muslim killing people will spread like wild fire. Then I showed examples of Muslim extremists killing people across the globe and how 9/11 still resonates with Americans.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I was responding to pjsouls comment about how a Muslim killing people will spread like wild fire. Then I showed examples of Muslim extremists killing people across the globe and how 9/11 still resonates with Americans.
    I would agree with her statement. a muslim killing people HERE would spark outrage and be on everyones lips. She can certainly verify if this is true , but I do believe that is what she referred to. an event IN the US.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I would agree with her statement. a muslim killing people HERE would spark outrage and be on everyones lips. She can certainly verify if this is true , but I do believe that is what she referred to. an event IN the US.
    yeah there would be outrage here in the u.s. because of the number of muslim killings since 9/11. to many u.s. citizens extremist muslims are the enemy thanks to 9/11.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Hopefully not another one of those swept-under-the-rug forgotten forever folks.

Disappearance from headlines and so-called journalistic contributions should in no way be mistaken for being erased. *poof* Just doesn't work that way.
  • Options
    Major news media would love nothing more than to have a juicy gory new news item everyday. :frowning: