Options

Has anyone received the Ames A/P Transformer yet?

124»

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Got the regular in today, sturdy plastic tube, no end caps?! Just packing tape on ends. Got lucky with no damage, but seems like a rookie move by an established artist.

They've packed this way for a long time - personally I've never had a problem with damage, I have a feeling most of the issues are with how they roll them, and the type of stock they use to print on. The paper seems delicate and probe to creases etc.
    This is my first time ordering from Ames. No end caps??? That's insane. Call me crazy but wouldn't the end caps help minimize the tube from crushing under pressure during transit? That whole outer-force-physics shit... ;)
    They tape the ends, and as posted above they have been doing it for a long time. However, the PVC tubes they use are the best, they seem much stronger than the thick Yazoo tubes most people use.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521

PayPal called me today to verify my Ames bros purchase of 265 on September 24

Then they asked me if I was satisfied and tried to give me leading questions and talk about how I felt about the posted. Then the guy goes "from what I understand, it was a maybe a poster that was maybe limited. I just want to ask if you feel like you're getting what you paid for and what you were told you were getting"

Sounds like some people filed complaints and they're trying to get feedback on the issue

Wow. You know it's a serious concern when Paypal catches on to a pattern of complaints/disputes forming. Ames need to tread very carefully - too many of these and their account could be in jeopardy. Definitely not a headache they were looking for but nonetheless something they need to address immediately.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    on2legs said:

Got my regular AP in the mail. No ends caps... but it was mint so no complaints.

They never have used end caps. Since '00 if I can remember. PVC like tubes that include strong tape. Never had a problem with all my subs & prints from Ames Bros.

My tracking # is in Vancouver. Can't wait for the prints. :)
    Hoping for that chrome art print.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Anyone notice the posters on the bay right now? I hope Ames looks at the ones and the serial numbers on there and see who's flipping...

any response on your issue Chris?
    I had a very nice response telling me that they are aware of it and it's being addressed by the higher ups and I should receive a response in a day or so.
    I'll report back after I get a response.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    demetrios said:

on2legs said:

Got my regular AP in the mail. No ends caps... but it was mint so no complaints.

They never have used end caps. Since '00 if I can remember. PVC like tubes that include strong tape. Never had a problem with all my subs & prints from Ames Bros.

My tracking # is in Vancouver. Can't wait for the prints. :)
    Hoping for that chrome art print.
    Can't argue with the past success, but I would gladly pay an extra dollar or two for some end caps. I'm guessing those PVC tubes are bought in bulk length and cut to size and would require custom sized end caps.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I actually dont mind the no caps if they keep sending in those crush proof tubes. Ill take those tubes with tape on ends anyday over a standard cardboard tube with plastic caps
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Alright! My chrome has landed in S.F. unscathed - not a single handling crease!
    And I was stoked to see that it is not only signed but also NUMBERED - didn't expect it to be since most Ames variants I've bought in the past have not been.
    I got 79/85 so I made it by the skin of my teeth!
    And I like Ames' PVC tubes: indestructible and since the kraft paper is the size of the tube the poster can't move. Taped ends are fine with me - caps really aren't necessary, IMO.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441

pdalowsky said:

Anyone notice the posters on the bay right now? I hope Ames looks at the ones and the serial numbers on there and see who's flipping...

any response on your issue Chris?
    I had a very nice response telling me that they are aware of it and it's being addressed by the higher ups and I should receive a response in a day or so.
    I'll report back after I get a response.
    Assuming Ames kept some back up posters for just this reason, I don't know why they wouldn't let people with damaged posters return them for a replacement. Ames can always sell the damaged posters in a future "scratch & dent" sale and still get a good price.
    I imagine they would credit your card for your return shipping cost.
  • Options
    I also received a Chrome poster with a sizeable (probably 1/2" wide and 1/2" tall) scuff on it. Normally I'm not nitpicky but for the cost of the poster I would hope it is something Ames would make right. If not, I still plan on keeping it and shipping it off to the framers.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    my gold arrived with a half inch crease at the bottom of the paper about 3 inch into the image. Its not terrible but now I know it is there my eyes are drawn to it.....bit of a pain, but I guess that this is a common issue with the foils being used.

The bonus print was a disaster however, utterly ruined.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    although I should add, as a bonus, its one of those things to be thankful for and take it on the chin. after all no one expected that little extra, and it was a genuinely cool thing for them to do.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    pdalowsky said:

my gold arrived with a half inch crease at the bottom of the paper about 3 inch into the image. Its not terrible but now I know it is there my eyes are drawn to it.....bit of a pain, but I guess that this is a common issue with the foils being used.

The bonus print was a disaster however, utterly ruined.

contact Ames Paul. They usually have pretty decent customer service
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, I would certainly get in touch. It's nice to be accommodating but you'll have spent almost $300 no doubt on this poster inc shipping. They shouldn't use foils like this for posters of that value if so many people are going to receive defective posters.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    There are all sorts of things they shouldn't do :)
  • Options
    sj9966sj9966 UK Posts: 55
    My regular edition is with the Post Office awaitng my collection and payment of £26 customs fees!!

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• Options
    I just received a very minty Gold Transformers and a very minty gold bonus poster. These were replacements for my damaged ones sent to me.

Thank you Ames for making this right.

:bee:
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Send me your damaged one :)
  • Options

Send me your damaged one :)

Sent it back to Ames sorry, or I would have.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048

I just received a very minty Gold Transformers and a very minty gold bonus poster. These were replacements for my damaged ones sent to me.

awesome. glad to see they take care of our good guys on here!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841

awesome. glad to see they take care of our good guys on here!
    +1
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432

I have only had one poster arrive with an issue, and they took care of me no questions asked. I have always been impressed with how Ames handles thing and never understood all the ragging on them.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

I have only had one poster arrive with an issue, and they took care of me no questions asked. I have always been impressed with how Ames handles thing and never understood all the ragging on them.
    I wrote them a polite letter with pictures and they were very nice about it.

Just wanted to let everyone know that they were very nice and professional.