Options

Eddie on Letterman Monday!

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700

Steroids only work. If you workout etc. so he would have had to be doing cardio or free weights

The steroids guys take for getting big muscles are different than the steroids Ed would have been taking for his injured knee.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935
    Nevermind The Botox
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags said:

Nevermind The Botox

:)
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935
    Eddie Vedder on television is like seeing a lion in the zoo.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    It's really not the guy for botox though.. can't believe such thing.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    pdalowsky said:

So just to recap the moronic bullshit here .....

Wierd hug, rough and weak voice, old, wierd timing, Botox, rusty .... And he rocked out too much

This place is hilarious, I think my favourite is the resident Botox expert.

Why not enjoy the performance and not feel the need to critique every fucking moment and detail. Truely pathetic here today.

Loved it. Ed absolutely has it still.

Haha! Love this recap, LOL! Nicely done, pdalowsky.

I thought it was great too. Yeah, OK, not the most polished version, etc, etc, but Ed went out there and gave it all for Dave 110% and you can't ask for more than that. I thought it was cool, the audience was into it, the band gave it their best too and Dave was happy. There you go.

Good job!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    dayday said:

This performance of the song was to be unlike any other, and it was. Better Man had never been played before with these musicians. The brilliance of a pro like Eddie is that he knows how to make each performance special unto itself. He did that tonight.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    pdalowsky said:

Wierd hug, rough and weak voice, old, wierd timing, Botox, rusty .... And he rocked out too much

Why not enjoy the performance and not feel the need to critique every fucking moment and detail. Truely pathetic here today.

This deserves a repost.
  • Options

pdalowsky said:

This deserves a repost.
    Why have A FORUM if you're not allowed to critique? Maybe that is why it's a ghost town here. You pushed away all the people who knew what a FORUM was and now just sitting around not knowing what to do with it.

Haha.

Let people fucking critique and express themselves if they think it was a piss-poor perfomance or if the hug was awkward (I'd find it cute).

That Botox-thing was hilarious though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713

pdalowsky said:

This deserves a repost.
    Why have A FORUM if you're not allowed to critique? Maybe that is why it's a ghost town here. You pushed away all the people who knew what a FORUM was and now just sitting around not knowing what to do with it.

Haha.

Let people fucking critique and express themselves if they think it was a piss-poor perfomance or if the hug was awkward (I'd find it cute).

There's critique and there's being a dick. Some people don't see the line. Talking about whether Ed uses Botox? If that's what drives people to a forum then I might as well find the fucking exit door right now ..... That is really pathetic
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Check out the Facebook PJ group if you want to see some real bloodshed. Reading some of that stuff cracked me up. And I thought this place was dysfunctional at times. Wow!

As for Ed's performance. It's rock and roll. He's playing with a band he isn't all that familiar with. He goes out and rips it up as best he can. If someone gave that much of themselves for me I'd be doing back flips- and at my age, that's saying a lot, haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

This deserves a repost.

Haha.

There's critique and there's being a dick. Some people don't see the line. Talking about whether Ed uses Botox? If that's what drives people to a forum then I might as well find the fucking exit door right now ..... That is really pathetic
    Or just look pass it. Or whatever. Big deal if someone suggests he uses Botox. Not like that is an attack on you. And not like there's an epidemic of Botox-related attacks on Eddie Vedder or anyone.

Rather have people writing whats on there mind, than everyone being locked up in small pre-decided boxes with a note on what to say and not to say over here. Thats not.... very.... rock n roll... Even though alot of people on here and on facebook want's it like that. Like they are like 13 year old Justin Bieber-fans who cant see the difference in being a fan of someone they do not know and being a personal best friend of that person.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

This deserves a repost.

Haha.

Or just look pass it. Or whatever. Big deal if someone suggests he uses Botox. Not like that is an attack on you. And not like there's an epidemic of Botox-related attacks on Eddie Vedder or anyone.

Rather have people writing whats on there mind, than everyone being locked up in small pre-decided boxes with a note on what to say and not to say over here. Thats not.... very.... rock n roll... Even though alot of people on here and on facebook want's it like that. Like they are like 13 year old Justin Bieber-fans who cant see the difference in being a fan of someone they do not know and being a personal best friend of that person.
    Lol - I know for sure I'm not Eds personal best friend what a strange comment

Ok I'll close with something real simple ... This is their page and they ask for a little respect.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited May 2015
    Somebody start a, "pics where Ed's botox looks hot" thread.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Idk Eddie still looks a little bit uncomfortable doing TV shows.
    For me it looks like he much rather would directly disappear after the performance.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    :bee: Beeetox boy

;)
    Post edited by E.K on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    First of all what ed does in his life out of music isnt me to say orhave an opi ion.im fan of his music..if he want to do something for his health,looks,who is friends with,where he goes for lunch,is NOT my business.and i dont Care
    as fan i can have an opinion for his music...i didnt loved last night performance,was a little weird and like not all was sychronized ,but made me happy see it and i enjoy those few minutes of Music,even different better man version than usual
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No wonder hank wants to leave this place
  • Options
    scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
    edited May 2015
    I just watched it and thought it was a good version. Different but good. Did miss mikes solo at the end but
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    Thought Eddie sounded great and rock it out. Nice tribute to Dave.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    i thought it started out kinda rough, but ended on a high note :clap:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    He does not seem very comfortable also not at his best here, sounds like a sor throat that he offen have after a big gig the night before. Heard PJ live summer 2014 and i know he still has it, much better than this. Garden\Footsteps from Telenor arena 2014 foeks is spot on ...
    And for the strange Hug it first seems like Ed realise that Letterman is far to high for him, and he dont want to jump on him or have him bending down to hug him, so it ends up with a strange Backing hug :), quite sure that is what going on there ....
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    I can't help myself, but I think it was a great version of Betterman and a good perfomance. I don't see why people think he uses Botox. In my opinion that's a pretty childish thing to say.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5rWox3C1I
    The other one got blocked. I thought ed sounded great and looked like he was having one hell of a time. I saw pretty much the same exact ed I see when he plays with pj. I'm really wanting a pj tour soon!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kce8 said:

Idk Eddie still looks a little bit uncomfortable doing TV shows.
    For me it looks like he much rather would directly disappear after the performance.

totally agree with this; seems like ed just wants to get off the stage as quickly as possible. but let's not over analyze the hug between dave and ed. let's all concentrate on the music.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Who the fuck cares that people are critiquing Ed or the band. Some of you seriously are fucken hilarious when anyone says anything bad or negative about the band. It's like you have to defend them at any means necessary. Lighten up Francis. (Stole that from someone)
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Who the fuck cares that people are critiquing Ed or the band. Some of you seriously are fucken hilarious when anyone says anything bad or negative about the band. It's like you have to defend them at any means necessary. Lighten up Francis. (Stole that from someone)

you stole that from me!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

badbrains said:

you stole that from me!
    There he is! Haha
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    That was fucking awesome
  • Options
    Got an email from my buddy this morning. Said he got to hang out in Ed's room with him for a few after the show, said he's such a nice guy. Wish I could've made the trip to see the show. Can't believe in 2 days, my trips to the Ed Sullivan theater will be coming to an end.