BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    Old? He's 50. He's hardly old.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    haters gonna hate

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    Ed blew the roof off the place! He was himself all the way; improvised, in the moment, feeling everything as it came. I came away feeling he meant business and was reaffirmed that Ed is no joke! He takes shit seriously. Paul and the band loved it, Dave loved it, I loved it.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    The strange part of it to me was the beginning. The messed up timing was all Ed. Little rusty from always letting the crowd sing it, hahaha. The slightly slower tempo was probably strange for him during the rest of it too. That being said, I thought it was decent.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Old? He's 50. He's hardly old.

I know he's only 50. For some reason tonight he just seemed old to me -- like I was watching this person I didn't even recognize.
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    edited May 2015

The strange part of it to me was the beginning. The messed up timing was all Ed. Little rusty from always letting the crowd sing it, hahaha. The slightly slower tempo was probably strange for him during the rest of it too. That being said, I thought it was decent.

It should not be said that his timing was "messed up". This performance of the song was to be unlike any other, and it was. Better Man had never been played before with these musicians. The brilliance of a pro like Eddie is that he knows how to make each performance special unto itself. He did that tonight.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    mitchmuhs said:

pj66 said:

i thought it was vinatge Ed. Owning it for the last minute of the jamming out for Dave. Kick Ass.

^^^^yep.

It was clearly EVs gift to Dave, but he seriously brought it. The band looked like they loved every second of it too.

I agree.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    Thanks for the vid Igotid88. Now I can got to bed as I am on the West coast and I am 46 years old and I need my sleep. I can't keep up with these 50 year old rock stars.

Great performance BTW. Very fitting for a Letterman send off. Dave probably picked the song.
  • Options
    and trending on facebook
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    edited May 2015
    Would have been nice to see the whole band up there. Ed looked a bit lost at the beginning ;)
    Post edited by E.K on
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Botox?
  • Options

Botox?

in your brain?

• Options
    Nope. Ed sure looks much younger in the face. Or he had a ton of makeup on.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

What was with the weird backwards hug with Dave?

I think Ed was trying to leave and Dave grabbed him.
  • Options

Could be just that he's been getting plenty of rest because there has been no PJ touring happening for a while. If he'd had botox there would have been no facial expressions and I noticed plenty. He doesn't seem the type to worry about his looks anyway. I mean, look at some of the stuff he wears on stage. ;)

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    mca47 said:

What was with the weird backwards hug with Dave?

Haha, yeah, I thought the same thing. That happened to me once too. Not with David Letterman though. With some other dude. Like by accident. I remember thinking "alright, I guess this is happening but I don't really know why..." After all these years I still feel weird about it.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Pretty rough performance.
    Ed looks like he has lost most f that weight from the steroids.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    E.K said:

Could be just that he's been getting plenty of rest because there has been no PJ touring happening for a while. If he'd had botox there would have been no facial expressions and I noticed plenty. He doesn't seem the type to worry about his looks anyway. I mean, look at some of the stuff he wears on stage. ;)

I am not buying that. So your saying he isnt getting plenty of rest when on the road. They fly everywhere in a jet and stay at the best of best hotels. They play for roughly 2.5 hours a night. Plus its only roughly a three week tour. Not like 6 month on the road tour.
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options

Someone was accusing Ed of having had botox, now you are accusing him of taking steroids?
    Geez.. give the guy a break.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I just stated he looks much younger in the face. Also just one botox treatment wouldnt cause u to have no facial expressions.
  • Options

E.K said:

I am not buying that. So your saying he isnt getting plenty of rest when on the road. They fly everywhere in a jet and stay at the best of best hotels. They play for roughly 2.5 hours a night. Plus its only roughly a three week tour. Not like 6 month on the road tour.
    Well I'm not buying your silly botox theory
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    E.K said:

E.K said:

Well I'm not buying your silly botox theory
    Well the fact is he definetly looks younger in the face. I dont think its just from rest

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    E.K said:

Someone was accusing Ed of having had botox, now you are accusing him of taking steroids?

Well no, I'm not accusing him. He was taking them for his knee injury last tour.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Steroids only work. If you workout etc. so he would have had to be doing cardio or free weights
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    It looked to me as though Ed was having fun up there. He didn't let the fact that it was a TV show stop him from jumping around like he usually does.

The guitar solo was awful though, it was really grating on the ears and kinda spoiled the song. Also I've always really hated Paul Schaffer and his backing 'vocals' were terrible.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    So just to recap the moronic bullshit here .....

Wierd hug, rough and weak voice, old, wierd timing, Botox, rusty .... And he rocked out too much

This place is hilarious, I think my favourite is the resident Botox expert.

Why not enjoy the performance and not feel the need to critique every fucking moment and detail. Truely pathetic here today.

Loved it. Ed absolutely has it still.
  • Options

E.K said:

Well no, I'm not accusing him. He was taking them for his knee injury last tour.
    Ah .. ok. I did notice that he had a bit of a pot belly last year and was wondering why. ;)