Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Oh would you look at that. Evil evil people those Iranians.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mickeyrat said:

And more proof that Obama and diplomacy is a failure........why aren't we all bombing them yet?
  • Options
    dignin said:

mickeyrat said:

And more proof that Obama and diplomacy is a failure........why aren't we all bombing them yet?
    I know. Nuclear stuff verified even.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    A barrel of oil is now cheaper then the actual barrel. Sour crude oil (high sulfer) is being sold at minus $0.50 per barrel.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    i love how all of the republicans in the debate said they would have bombed iran because they had american military on their knees.

they were released in less than 18 hours.

not one peep about them being released by the candidates though. do their supporters really have such short attention spans? last week they were gonna bomb iran. the next day the "crisis" was over. and none of the candidates said anything. not even to thank jesus for their safe return.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Jason P said:

A barrel of oil is now cheaper then the actual barrel. Sour crude oil (high sulfer) is being sold at minus $0.50 per barrel.

This pricing was a website mistake actually. But the point is accurate, low grade sour crude is worth basically nothing. Cheap gas is nice, but this is going too far. You have 100k people in this country who are linked to oil that will be in trouble financially. You have large and small banks that hold debt on all of these smaller pipelines, supply chain companies, etc. Those loans will go bad which not only hurts the companies, but it damages the bank balance sheets. We could end up in a recession because of this. Not like 2008, but it could kill the recovery. States like TX, OK, ND, etc. are in real trouble. The decades long TX boom is over.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

This pricing was a website mistake actually. But the point is accurate, low grade sour crude is worth basically nothing. Cheap gas is nice, but this is going too far. You have 100k people in this country who are linked to oil that will be in trouble financially. You have large and small banks that hold debt on all of these smaller pipelines, supply chain companies, etc. Those loans will go bad which not only hurts the companies, but it damages the bank balance sheets. We could end up in a recession because of this. Not like 2008, but it could kill the recovery. States like TX, OK, ND, etc. are in real trouble. The decades long TX boom is over.
    Solid points Mrussel.Most people don't think about the reverb effect here.
  • Options
    It's a good thing that Obama killed the keystone pipeline since his foreign policy has pretty much ruined that local economy.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

And what point would that be? And what message are you sending here, better to be at war because it might be better for the economy?

I'm not getting what is being thrown down here.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dignin said:

rr165892 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

And what point would that be? And what message are you sending here, better to be at war because it might be better for the economy?

No dig,the economic backlash that dropping price and over saturation of oil has.Obamas shitty timing on releasing sanctions with Iran has the markets dropping and haven't helped at all.Where the fuck did you get war from? He should have waited until things stabilized and Oil hit its natural low.Just another way this admin is out of touch with reality.But hey,our new best buddies the Iranians are happy.So all is good.
    Much of our domestic economic infrastructure is heavily reliant on the oil and gas industry.Little shifts in the main market put lots of companies under and Americans out of work.I could give a shit about Irans economy.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The saudis refusal to cut production in the face of declining per barrel price and the oversupplyis the cause.

You can just as easily blame the lifting of the export ban too.

Need to factor in black market oil too. SOMEBODY is buying it.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    Black market oil(I know your angle on that) is not the issue.Saudi oil production also is closely tied to other events in the region
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Black market oil(I know your angle on that) is not the issue.Saudi oil production also is closely tied to other events in the region

Still in the face of a glut , their own 95 billion dollar deficit(according to the news) no cut in production.
    .as for bm oil, I cant say who buys or where it goes, but money is changing hands

• Options
    I think the saudis are hedging the market
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I think the saudis are hedging the market

Works for us. Now gov can replenish the strategic reserve at a cheaper price .

• Options
    rr165892 said:

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

No dig,the economic backlash that dropping price and over saturation of oil has.Obamas shitty timing on releasing sanctions with Iran has the markets dropping and haven't helped at all.Where the fuck did you get war from? He should have waited until things stabilized and Oil hit its natural low.Just another way this admin is out of touch with reality.But hey,our new best buddies the Iranians are happy.So all is good.
    Much of our domestic economic infrastructure is heavily reliant on the oil and gas industry.Little shifts in the main market put lots of companies under and Americans out of work.I could give a shit about Irans economy.
    So a people can continue to suffer (you know, because they are not your people) and diplomacy can wait, all because of the bottom line. Also the added benefit of the world becoming a more dangerous place. I got it, I see exactly where you are coming from.....not short sighted in the least.

• Options
    I'm not sure what your angle is on the last couple posts dig wtf,I'm not saying anything bad about Muslims or The Iranian people.(The not your people remark???). And if I were to critique them The populous isn't really the issue anyway,it's the death to America,Death to Israel,Terrorist supporting religious zealots that still hold power and influence within the power structure inside that cherub Little innocent nation you get so worked up about.I have no issue with Persians or any of the young progressive minded people who live there.Its with the people would rather see us dead.
    I guess the only way to get you to not get your panties in a wad is to head over to the always entertaining Israel thread and listen to that nonsense.

• Options
    Iranian Nuclear Scientists Hurriedly Flush 200 Pounds Of Enriched Uranium Down Toilet During Surprise U.N. Inspection

QOM, IRAN—Running into the bathroom with armfuls of the fissile material after spotting several United Nations nuclear inspectors approaching for a surprise visit, panicked scientists at Iran’s Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant reportedly scrambled to flush more than 200 pounds of enriched uranium-235 down the toilet Monday. “Uh, uh, just a minute—I’m not feeling too well!” the facility’s frantic and heavily perspiring chief physicist, Dr. Yadollah Kashani, reportedly shouted through the closed bathroom door in response to several knocks from the U.N. inspectors, as he and his colleagues hurriedly flushed the toilet over and over until it became clogged with nuclear fuel and began to overflow. “Um. I’ll be out in a sec! Oh, I shouldn’t have eaten such spicy food!” At press time, a close-mouthed, puffy-cheeked Kashani had sheepishly shuffled out of the bathroom and was answering each of the U.N. inspectors’ questions by shaking his head yes or no.

theonion.com/article/iranian-nuclear-scientists-hurriedly-flush-200-pou-52193
  • Options
    It's been clear for a year that the Saudis have been flooding the market in an attempt to choke out the shale oil market. Once under $50, the shale market is not profitable.

The Obama administration clearly didn't consider the fallout of having Iran flood the market. Foreign policy is clearly the weakest area of the Obama administration.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

It's been clear for a year that the Saudis have been flooding the market in an attempt to choke out the shale oil market. Once under $50, the shale market is not profitable.

The Obama administration clearly didn't consider the fallout of having Iran flood the market. Foreign policy is clearly the weakest area of the Obama administration.

Shale gas outweighs that though.until last month export of that oil was banned.serves. as a means of energy independence.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Jason P said:

Two things on this. If you are a free market person, then the releasing Iran back into the market should not be your concern at all. Keeping them on the sidelines is market manipulation. Second, Iran's 500k barrels a day (I think) is just a cherry. It's not the cause. Oil has fallen in value for 19 consecutive months. There is both a supply glut and likely a demand issue as well. China is growing at the slowest pace it has grown in 30 years which dramatically reduces consumption. So I disagree vehemently with those that think the Iran deal should have been somehow timed to better coincide with a rebounding of oil. There is zero sign that oil will see $45 or 60 a barrel any time soon. You take the Iran deal when you make it happen. There's also zero chance our prisoners would have been home today had the diplomats taken that approach as well.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Jason P said:

That's how I was seeing it.Bit Mrussel makes good points as well.
  • Options
    I don't believe the prisoner exchange was a condition in sanctions being lifted.

It would set a bad precedent that a country could arrest Americans on trumped up charges to cut deals.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I don't believe the prisoner exchange was a condition in sanctions being lifted.

It would set a bad precedent that a country could arrest Americans on trumped up charges to cut deals.

The relationships forged between Kerry and Zarif led to the release. So no, I am not saying it was a condition, but it certainly helped pave the way. Conservatives lambasted Kerry and Obama about leaving behind the prisoners. But it's clear that there was a broader plan in place. Additionally the quick release of the naval crew likely had something to do with the relationship.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    e
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

The relationships forged between Kerry and Zarif led to the release. So no, I am not saying it was a condition, but it certainly helped pave the way. Conservatives lambasted Kerry and Obama about leaving behind the prisoners. But it's clear that there was a broader plan in place. Additionally the quick release of the naval crew likely had something to do with the relationship.
    Yes communication. Some never wanted to talk to Iran on any level.

Just seems clearer and clearer everyday how the war mongers aren't i interested in what's good for its citizens and what good for the world. Fear war evil doers.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Hard to argue with your last couple of posts. You nailed it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

It would be even worse for the US if the Navy Sailors were a bargaining chip to this exchange.

The US has rescued Iran Navy sailors in the past and turned them back in under 48 hours because it is the right and just thing to do. It's pretty much the code of the mariners. And the US treated the Iranians fairly and didn't subject them to any custom that would violate our equality laws.

• Options
    Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

It would be even worse for the US if the Navy Sailors were a bargaining chip to this exchange.

The US has rescued Iran Navy sailors in the past and turned them back in under 48 hours because it is the right and just thing to do. It's pretty much the code of the mariners. And the US treated the Iranians fairly and didn't subject them to any custom that would violate our equality laws.

Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Oh my....the horror.
  • Options
    EA17313EA17313 Posts: 62
    I'm Iranian. I'm also a "natural born" American. I've been a Pearl Jam fan for about 23 or 24 years. I'm am really proud to be a Pearl Jam fan. I wish they had a flag.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dignin said:

Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

Oh my....the horror.
    If a conservative US state made this a requirement, you would be up in arms.

I don't get it. Iran's conservatives make the US's conservatives look like a bunch of extras on Pee Wee's Playhouse yet those that tend to be liberal will gladly take Iran's side.
    Post edited by Jason P on