Options

C'mon Really? Read this...

I emailed ten club regarding the warped, unlistenable .45 Holiday single they sent me and this is the response I got:

Hi,
Please destroy the warped record, take a picture and send us the picture via email. We will then send a replacement.
10c

So, i need to destroy the warped record they sent me so i can get a replacement? Is this the way you treat paying customers? A customer for over 20 years. Im not trying to scam anyone, i just want what I PAID for. Am i wrong that i feel disrespected by the ten club?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    look in lost dogs for the reason....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Im not trying to sell or trade anything. I just dont think I need to send a picture to prove myself. Im not a thief or a liar, I go to church and I sing in the choir.... True story,
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Nami wrote: »
    look in lost dogs for the reason....

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited February 2015
    It's no sleight to you by the 10C. It's just the precaution they have to take nowadays because of all the flippers out there, unfortunately.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I was told to do this with my vault 4 and I did. No biggie but it was odd being that the album was unlistenable. Couldn't sell it nor would I have sold it.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    I was told to do this with my vault 4 and I did. No biggie but it was odd being that the album was unlistenable. Couldn't sell it nor would I have sold it.

No biggie, you almost lost your index finger doing it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    You may be overreacting. If you break your phone and make an insurance claim on it, they want you to return it. All the 10c wants is a picture. That shouldn't put you out to much, should it?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I've seen other places do this on limited items. Why not just do it and they send a replacement? Would you also be upset if they asked you to send the defective item back, like 99% of other businesses? Seems like this option is much faster.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    my concern is that i will break it and then never get the replacement. Then Eddie will jump out of the bushes and tell me i was PUNKED,
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,711
    Its plain to see that the email is a standard issue one, and not in any way suggesting you are guilty of foul play.

Not too difficult to comply.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    they are responding and acknowledging with a resolution. Pretty good IMO in this day and age
  • Options
    its not plain to see that. what the hell are you talking about?
  • Options
    A good pair of Carhartt work gloves and a shot of tapitio - you're all set for record breaking!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Your not getting singled out, they have to treat everyone equally like the assholes we all as human beings have the potential to be, just to be safe.
  • Options
    Ya don't do it without gloves on. As 2-Feign has stated, I almost cut my finger bad. Can u imagine the first time someone cuts their hand/finger doing this and starts a thread about it. Be careful haha
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I had my vault 4 cleaned, and the only real issue I have is the second LP now. I am waiting on a response from 10C about just getting that disc and what to do. It'd be a shame to smash the whole thing when only one record is needed.

I was a little put off by the idea of smashing it at first, but I see where they are coming from. Maybe next release they can use a pressing company in the USA that will do a better job and we don't have to go thru this, again.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    i did cut my finger
  • Options
    and a piece of record went in my eye
  • Options
    Jober, I think they're only gonna send u replacement vinyls for the fucked up ones, not a complete new set. At least I don't think they are.
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Do this...

LP_Record_bowl_Rock.jpg
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I get why they are doing it, but i don't think any level of accountability should be placed on the customer. If they have issues with customer making false claims to get free merch they should do their own investigating and nip that in the bud, not take it out on honest customers.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Wouldn't offend me at all.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    badbrains wrote: »
    Ya don't do it without gloves on. As 2-Feign has stated, I almost cut my finger bad. Can u imagine the first time someone cuts their hand/finger doing this and starts a thread about it. Be careful haha

you might need an advocate if that happens.... :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    If this offends you then I suppose you could ask 10C if it is OK for you to pay for returning it instead. You also say "Im not a thief or a liar, I go to church and I sing in the choir". Not sure if you were serous here or giving poetry a go but consider this... more people have been screwed over because of their or someone else's religious beliefs than for any other reason in the history on mankind. So quite how believing in a Deity should factor in any way within the reasoning of a club policy required for the reduction of product flipping is real head scratcher in my opinion. Not trying to offend here, just offer perspective.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    You gotta wonder how long until someone hurts or cuts themselves with a record piece they were told to shred/destroy. Doesn't seem like a well thought out idea from 10club.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    yeah, 10C is just making it so they don't get scammed, and also so a paying customer of 20 years doesn't have to be put out by paying return shipping. there is someone in lost dogs that got replacement vinyl, and is SELLING those vinyl on this very website.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    lost dogs has gone to the dogs, recently

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    I'm still waiting for someone to do a skeet shooting video with one of these records as proof.
  • Options
    Now that would be awesome^^
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    It's cheaper than paying to ship it back to them as defective, which I bet they would also accept. I read about why they do it now and it never would have occurred to me that people do stuff like, buy a poster at a show and if it gets bent, order same poster on ten club, say it came damaged, ask for new poster, sell all 3, etc.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!