Options

C'mon Really? Read this...

Comments

• Options
    I Agree
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,616
    FR181798 said:

Seems this is the 10c response to all damaged/defective stuff emails. Not sure why they don't just offer to send a replacement disc on its own. Can't imagine anyone would make this up and try to then sell on the disc without sleeve, this item would be worth very little. They don't seem to look at emails on a case by case basis before responding. A lot of Xmas singles have been pressed on cheap thin vinyl and at least a couple of mine have come marked so its very plausible. Obviously if someone was asking for both a sleeve and disc then getting them to destroy is very sensible but looks like its a stock reply and they are just being over cautious. The issue I would have destroying an item is that 10c might never actually send out a replacement. They aren't the most reliable in sending things out in a timely fashion or even replying to emails.

They don't actually seem to be stock replies. They are reading the emails. I know because I said something chatty to Santos while I was at it and he replied to the comment.
    I have found 10C to be VERY reliable when it comes to fulfilling promises. I don't think there is any reason to worry that you won't get your replacements.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited February 2015

Well people have different experiences with 10c, if anything I have found them quite unpredictable. On the few times I have emailed them , a couple of times they have been helpful, other times I've not even had a reply. My Vault 3 was damaged but they nicely ignored my email. I questioned where the shipping money I paid went to with Vault 4. (I live in the EU yet I paid as if it was shipped from the US) and they have ignored that as well. I know they are busy but my analog gift from last year is still sitting in the warehouse. So many things just seems to take ages.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Well people have different experiences with 10c, if anything I have found them quite unpredictable. On the few times I have emailed them , a couple of times they have been helpful, other times I've not even had a reply. My Vault 3 was damaged but they nicely ignored my email. I questioned where the shipping money I paid went to with Vault 4. (I live in the EU yet I paid as if it was shipped from the US) and they have ignored that as well. I know they are busy but my analog gift from last year is still sitting in the warehouse. So many things just seems to take ages.

I have heard the latest their email replying is spotty (no issues myself at all). But if they say they are shipping an item, they ship it. I re there is an exception one in a thousand times, just like with all things, but generally we don't have to worry about not getting something they say they're sending.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if the OP answered this. Do you still think the club wronged you?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    FR181798 said:

I learned that all of a sudden they are picky about who gets the email, whereas they weren't before. but it took me calling them out in the "voice your opinion" thread before they finally fucking acknowledged me. seriously? if someone at my job emails me with something I know isn't my job, I don't fucking ignore them. I point that person in the right direction.

anyway, don't pm the mods or Santos with these questions. email the specific email listed in the "contact us" section.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    10c has always provided contact lists for specific questions/enquiries.

Because it is a business in a loose sense some things can and do end up in cyberspace.
    Any business can appreciate that shit like this happens with emails as opposed to the good old hand written communcae.

A hand written letter back in the day was sincere and if written would provide a replacement disc, record, book etc.

Technology has put businesses in a position to say pics or it didn't happen. Generally it should be received as fuck off if you are a flipper or scammer.

10c has always been honest and open with their customers

info@tenclub.net -- general inquiries

shipping@tenclub.net -- merchandise or order/return questions

tickets@tenclub.net -- Ten Club ticketing or Tour information/questions

contest@tenclub.net -- entries & questions for current contests

activism@pearljam.com -- suggestions for activism section of our website

contact@vandenbergcom.com -- press requests/inquiries

• Options

10c has always provided contact lists for specific questions/enquiries.

Because it is a business in a loose sense some things can and do end up in cyberspace.
    Any business can appreciate that shit like this happens with emails as opposed to the good old hand written communcae.

A hand written letter back in the day was sincere and if written would provide a replacement disc, record, book etc.

Technology has put businesses in a position to say pics or it didn't happen. Generally it should be received as fuck off if you are a flipper or scammer.

10c has always been honest and open with their customers

info@tenclub.net -- general inquiries

shipping@tenclub.net -- merchandise or order/return questions

tickets@tenclub.net -- Ten Club ticketing or Tour information/questions

contest@tenclub.net -- entries & questions for current contests

activism@pearljam.com -- suggestions for activism section of our website

contact@vandenbergcom.com -- press requests/inquiries

yes, but in the past if I've had a simple question about shipping....santos never batted an eye about answering it. he actually replied and answered, but politely asked that next time the shipping email should be contacted. not a problem at all. it was kat and sea that were deliberately ignoring SEVERAL pm's about my account, which they have always handled in the past. a simple "contact info@tenclub.net for this" would have been sufficient. I don't appreciate being ignored.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I dunno what to say... you were using the wrong method to contact them even though they make it very clear where to send an email on their website. The result seems predictable. But anyway, now you know. Great.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I dunno what to say... you were using the wrong method to contact them even though they make it very clear where to send an email on their website. The result seems predictable. But anyway, now you know. Great.

I was. But I didn't know that. I had never had a question about my account before, and Kat had always been so nice about answering any questions I had. I assumed those emails were fanclub related, and the mods were here for forum questions. if she had always answered before and never mentioned anything, how would I know? pretty simple to do what santos did.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and like I said, even if it's obvious that someone is contacting me incorrectly, I don't ignore them. I point them in the right direction. it's just common courtesy.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Maybe they weren't even reading them though. They might have been too busy to even check their PMs. Since it's not how you're supposed to contact them, they have no reason to bother with their PMs if theu don't want to or don't have time. I know even i have gone weeks without checking my PMs. And they probably get hundreds.
  • Options
    but they wouldn't have known what I was contacting them about until they read it. and there is nothing anywhere that says we're not supposed to contact mods that way. it was always encouraged in the past. and again, nothing was ever said to the contrary. anyway, it doesn't matter anymore.

you don't see that giant red glowing light in the top left corner of your screen if you have a message? I do.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Maybe they weren't even reading them though. They might have been too busy to even check their PMs. Since it's not how you're supposed to contact them, they have no reason to bother with their PMs if theu don't want to or don't have time. I know even i have gone weeks without checking my PMs. And they probably get hundreds.

That's no excuse for poor customer service
  • Options

but they wouldn't have known what I was contacting them about until they read it. and there is nothing anywhere that says we're not supposed to contact mods that way. it was always encouraged in the past. and again, nothing was ever said to the contrary. anyway, it doesn't matter anymore.

you don't see that giant red glowing light in the top left corner of your screen if you have a message? I do.

Yeah, i do, but it's always there. I have like 12 unread messages in there right now. I just forget or whatever. Or am just too busy to think about yet more messages on top of all my zillions of emails, posts, IMs, etc.

I agree about customer service.... but i don't really expect it when I'm not contacting customer service properly. I guess that's just me.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    FR181798 said:

The issue I would have destroying an item is that 10c might never actually send out a replacement. They aren't the most reliable in sending things out in a timely fashion or even replying to emails.

Exactly. That's the problem with 10Club. I don't have a lot of faith in their follow-through as a company. The discs from my set were only half-fucked up. But half-fucked still deserves a replacement.

However, I shouldn't be forced to destroy them because if the replacement never shows up (or they run out of extra discs), at least I could listen to the playable tracks which would be better than nothing. Destroying something that isn't entirely broken just feels like a waste to me.
  • Options
    october22 said:

FR181798 said:

The issue I would have destroying an item is that 10c might never actually send out a replacement. They aren't the most reliable in sending things out in a timely fashion or even replying to emails.

Exactly. That's the problem with 10Club. I don't have a lot of faith in their follow-through as a company. The discs from my set were only half-fucked up. But half-fucked still deserves a replacement.

However, I shouldn't be forced to destroy them because if the replacement never shows up (or they run out of extra discs), at least I could listen to the playable tracks which would be better than nothing. Destroying something that isn't entirely broken just feels like a waste to me.
    I think everyone should be forced to destroy the copy and send pics of said destroyed copy. If a working replacement does not show up after the fact then there is an issue.
    Seems only a few people seem to have consistent problems with faulty vinyl and 10c customer service.

pics or your problems didn't happen
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So now that I have 2 vinyl A's, what are they gonna tell me to do with the extra one? There's nothing wrong with it and would be a waste to destroy it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ive always sent to the correct email and deliberately check first to make sure, personally wouldnt expect a reply from a PM as its less formal but do from an email. The only conclusion Ive reached is it seems tenclub is massively understaffed for the amount of business they do and customer service required and it ends up looking a little unprofessional. If it was any other business then quite a few would probably take their custom else where. This has gone a bit off topic and I know a lot of complaining happens on these pages but I just hope that one day 10club will be the fanclub that the loyal fanbase deserves, listens to opinions and one that represents PJ well. But regarding the OP request to destroy the xmas single, well its a risk to do it but it is the one item they always seem to have plenty of extras of so Im sure they will sort it, not that I even expect mine before Easter.
  • Options
    danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65
    I am analog member, I still haven't received my XMAS single yet. Has everyone/most people received theirs yet?

Thanks,

Dan
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    I'm actually impressed they ask for proof like that. Good on them.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    danimal59 said:

I am analog member, I still haven't received my XMAS single yet. Has everyone/most people received theirs yet?

Thanks,

Dan

It could be months before they are all sent out. If you live outside of the US the wait will be longer. If you havent received by the Summer then it will be time to question where it is. Sucks doesnt it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sorry my post is duplicating
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    At least we have the downloads.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    i take it, it could be months! lol jk :)
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Did the OP ever answer if he still thinks he has been wronged by the ten club?
  • Options
    is that what they call a 'bot'?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, i do, but it's always there. I have like 12 unread messages in there right now. I just forget or whatever. Or am just too busy to think about yet more messages on top of all my zillions of emails, posts, IMs, etc.

I agree about customer service.... but i don't really expect it when I'm not contacting customer service properly. I guess that's just me.
    You respinding to your pms is not part of your job. Its recreation. Pretty big diff.

As i have stated several times, i have had pm and response from kat without question several times without issue, and they even encourage it. How am i supposed to know i am doing something wrong if never previously told?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com