Options

Pandora has passed :( she used to post here ....

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
edited October 2014 in A Moving Train
mickeyrat posted it on AET that our Pandora passed away this past Monday 10/6 , please keep her family in your thoughts :( damn she never got to post here again .....I figured folks here would like to know she was always here ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by josevolution on

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks for putting this here too, jose.

Sad news indeed.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Thanks for putting this here too, jose.

Sad news indeed.

This news really made me sad even though i never met her i still feel like i sort of knew her in some weird interweb way ....
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wow, I never really got along with her but sad no doubt. Wow. Anybody know the cause?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Wow, I never really got along with her but sad no doubt. Wow. Anybody know the cause?

She suffered a Stroke followed by Cardiac arrest she never recovered .....At this time i'll just remember her as a PEARL Jam fan .....
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    My condolences to her family.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Peace be with her family.That sucks.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    Wow...very sorry to see this. Seemed like a very good person.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Very sorry to hear this. Thanks for posting. Sad.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    be well, jb & yours & pandora's kids, other family members & friends. she had spunk
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    oh, this is terrible. : (
  • Options
    Sad. Really sad.

A reminder to us all that each username is a valuable human being.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Very sad.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Sad to hear this.
  • Options
    She's been on my mind since learning the news. Sitting here, watching this beautiful moon rising, I think of JB, their children, how much of a loss this must be for them.

She and I weren't close and shared exchanges both kind and contentious.

But I'll say this - after having been off the boards for several years, I started poking my head in here to read various threads in late 2011. Maybe times were different, but I loved, really appreciated, the gentleness and pluckiness she gave off, and when my back went out the following January and I was stuck home for a few days, I decided to sign up again and participate.

She played a part in that. And, for the all the people I've come to know here, the new ideas I've come to learn - all of it - I thank her.

Thirty, you made a good point about actual people behind our monikers.

Looking at the website set up for her (posted on mickey's thread on AET), that really hit home.

Anyway, both Pandora and JB are in my thoughts this evening.

Think I'll go back to moon-watching for a little while till my husband comes home.

Need to hug him tightly.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

She's been on my mind since learning the news. Sitting here, watching this beautiful moon rising, I think of JB, their children, how much of a loss this must be for them.

But I'll say this - after having been off the boards for several years, I started poking my head in here to read various threads in late 2011. Maybe times were different, but I loved, really appreciated, the gentleness and pluckiness she gave off, and when my back went out the following January and I was stuck home for a few days, I decided to sign up again and participate.

She played a part in that. And, for the all the people I've come to know here, the new ideas I've come to learn - all of it - I thank her.

Looking at the website set up for her (posted on mickey's thread on AET), that really hit home.

Think I'll go back to moon-watching for a little while till my husband comes home.

Need to hug him tightly.

Does anybody write more heartful responses or posts then hedonist? Such a class act.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    hedonist said:

Need to hug him tightly.

Beautiful sentiment here.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Thank you. Wish I'd shared some of those thoughts with her, but if JB's reading any of these posts, then maybe I have, we have. And I hope it helps just a bit.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Need to hug him tightly.

Someone a while back suggested our user images should be photos of ourselves.

That website struck a cord within me as well.

Have a nice night Hedo... that moon is the brightest moon I've seen in a long time.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    This is very sad news. Pandora and I had some strong differences and some cross words between us a few times but we also both tried to balance that out with good words for each other and I'm glad we did exchange a few kind PM's with each other at times. This really goes to show how important it is for us to be civil with each other no matter how strong the differences because in the end, unless that person is doing us bodily harm or something really bad like that it's all just talk and we're all basically wanting the same thing and we're all basically decent people.

R.I.P. Pandora. I'm very sorry for the harsh words we had for each other but I'm very grateful for the good ones.

Best wishes to her family.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Very sad. I remember reading a lot of her posts and it reminds me of all the people over the years that have posted and haven't in a long long while.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited October 2014
    Good morning all.....I only check in here maybe 3 times a week now by phone. When I first saw this thread last night I thought maybe this was some longtime poster such as Roland who hasn't posted here in 6 years or so.

Death can be such a difficult thing to comprehend at times and last night I dropped my phone in disbelief in what I was reading about the passing of Pandora. I still am trying to take this all in, this hit me like a surprise left, not to the chin but to my gut which hurts a whole lot more.....I did not sleep a wink all night....our Moving Train here is moving in all sorts of directions.

Many of you here know of the many disagreements I had with her trying to get an understanding to her points of view. That aside she was the one who got me to post in the poetry board and to even to write a couple poems. I haven't posted there since she left. We shared countless pm's, emails and postings trying to settle our differences. We shared some of the same musical tastes from the sixties...old school rock and it was so much fun when we would hit on a band or musician that we both liked. I thought of her missing avatar replaced by that banned thing and often wondered if she like myself look in here every once in awhile.

After reading through what some here wrote I had to put the phone down, get up and play this song repeatidly. It's from Grace Under Pressure by RUSH called.....AFTERIMAGE

Suddenly, you were gone
    From all the lives you left your mark upon

I remember
    How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
    I hear the voices

We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
    I see the footprints
    I remember

I feel the way you would
    I feel the way you would

Tried to believe but you know it's no good
    This is something that just can't be understood

I remember
    The shouts of joy skiing fast through the woods
    I hear the echoes

I learned your love for life,
    I feel the way that you would
    I feel your presence
    I remember

I feel the way you would
    This just can't be understood...

http://youtu.be/aalJT3GS_m8

The opening lines sort of tells it all and I'm sure Pandora left her mark certainly here and for sure with her family and other friends. I'm far from the emotional type person but this has really hit me hard and I'm at a serious loss for words. Either that or I just can't keep my eyes open anymore.

To JB and the rest of his family...carry on in the way Pandora would have wanted you to....celebrate her accomplishments and triumphs through all the grief of her passing. Best wishes to the family and may she rest peacefully.

Peace
    E
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g,

For being at a loss for words, you spoke just beautifully and honestly. Nice song choice too. Fitting.

I thought of her missing avatar replaced by that banned thing and often wondered if she like myself look in here every once in awhile.

Actually thought of this too. I loved that happy mid-clap Ed.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Sad news...my thoughts are with those left behind.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    didn't anyone else get the email from JB? ... not that I mind at all but I was wondering where he might have gotten it ...
  • Options
    I didn't; might've been tied into Pandora's account, some she communicated with via that means (or when it was still an option to email vs PM pre-forum change).
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    ugh.

Got into it with her quite a bit. I didnt agree with her political views almost 100%, but one thing with her is she would stick to her guns no matter how much the ship was sinking and how many people were piling on... Wouldnt budge. You gotta admire that. It was pretty obvious that other than getting heated about views, you can tell she was a very pleasant person in real life.

Anyways, she was one of us. She left a mark here, everyone knew who she was. "Spunk" is a really good word used. Its really sad to hear. Ill be thinking of her and her family today. RIP Pandora.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hedonist said:

I didn't; might've been tied into Pandora's account, some she communicated with via that means (or when it was still an option to email vs PM pre-forum change).

i know i never talked to her personally ... it's all good ... was just curious
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2014
    Pandora was asset to the MT, a character that made board fun.

Missed her strong posts.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I'm very sorry and sad to ear of Pandora's passing.
    I too, had many disagreements with her. But she reached out to me via PM many times, and that helped me feel the personal connection to her that was missing through our other arguments. And as much as I disagreed with her, I once PM'd her that I bet we would get along just fine in person, and of course she wrote back some very nice things. Later, she continued to put aside our differences and pm'd me very encouraging words about writing and music, which definitely gave me a bit of motivation and confidence in the early stages. She was a firecracker and I do really wish I could have met her in person.

Best wishes to her family...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901

Wow...very sorry to see this. Seemed like a very good person.

+1
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville